Ws Sets / Blade Jin.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ws Sets / Blade jin.
Ws Sets / Blade jin.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-11-21 09:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Also use Red curry buns as my food
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-21 14:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kincard said:

Shouldn't use Senj on offhand. The crit rate on it only applies to itself. Kamome, on the other hand, applies to all hits. It's worth losing 1 base damage if that's the setup you're going to use (Though personally I think Kamome/Perdu would be better if you have access to the latter).

i don't think you can specify main/sub in item sets
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-11-21 16:58:30
Link | Citer | R

for the record Blade: Metsu is kinda Meh in abyssea :(
 Alexander.Necrosigh
Serveur: Alexander
user: Necrosigh
By Alexander.Necrosigh 2010-11-21 20:00:32
Link | Citer | R

It's been a while I haven't played, but I wonder why no one has mentionned Juogi? I mean, it might be difficult to obtain, but in a purely speculative WS set? How about that?

Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-21 20:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Leoheart said:

isn't metsu kind of meh if you're able to use innin even outside of abyssea?
 Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2010-11-21 20:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Leviathan.Kincard said:

Shouldn't use Senj on offhand. The crit rate on it only applies to itself. Kamome, on the other hand, applies to all hits. It's worth losing 1 base damage if that's the setup you're going to use (Though personally I think Kamome/Perdu would be better if you have access to the latter).

Yes >.> You can. You chose the offhand weapon first. It'll shuffle it over when you choose a mainhand. I do it all the time in my sets, IDK why others can't.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 00:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Leviathan.Kincard said:

Yes >.> You can. You chose the offhand weapon first. It'll shuffle it over when you choose a mainhand. I do it all the time in my sets, IDK why others can't.

didn't know this, and also seen a lot of other item sets with main/offhand switched. just pointing out that there's a good chance it was a mistake to offhand senju.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-22 05:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

isn't metsu kind of meh if you're able to use innin even outside of abyssea?
It's kind of meh everywhere. Its main use is the Subtle Blow aftermath with Kikoku, but since you can cap Subtle Blow easily these days that's not worth much.

Alexander.Necrosigh said:
It's been a while I haven't played, but I wonder why no one has mentionned Juogi? I mean, it might be difficult to obtain, but in a purely speculative WS set? How about that?

Some quick adjustments to your set: gorget instead of Erimaki (Leoheart: gorget >>>> ire torque), offhand Kamome. Kikoku's also been deposed (Kannagi is the new top dog, but Blade: Hi requires a completely different set), so anybody who didn't already have a Kikoku is probably using Sekka +1 or Hochomasamune if they're not using Kannagi or Tobi +1.

Results are about the same inside and outside Abyssea (compared using RR + VV and RR + GH), so I'll just generalize. Loki's Kaftan is better by about 1% at capped pDIF and capped hitrate, but loses to Juogi +1 if either of those conditions fails.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-11-22 13:53:52
Link | Citer | R

on to the next subject, anyone have a Spellcast for ninja, i'm still pretty ***at html etc
 Alexander.Necrosigh
By Alexander.Necrosigh 2010-11-22 17:44:56
Link | Citer | R

For spellcast I would propose as follows, but as always, pure theory, I haven't really played for months. And don't pay attention to AGI, it's like to maximize the chances to parry and evade, but who fills empty squares with AGI... (who has a big enough bag, and tons of macro lines)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 01:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Necrosigh said:
For spellcast I would propose as follows, but as always, pure theory, I haven't really played for months. And don't pay attention to AGI, it's like to maximize the chances to parry and evade, but who fills empty squares with AGI... (who has a big enough bag, and tons of macro lines)

He means this Spellcast.

A lot of that AGI would be better replaced with straight eva gear :x

Additional comment on my previous post for those who aren't necessarily math-inclined: when I said capped pDIF, I meant truly capped - 2.0 Ratio. If you're fighting anything above EM, Ratio will be reduced (and thus pDIF), so basically Juogi +1 would be the way to go unless you fight EPs all day.
[+]
 Alexander.Necrosigh
By Alexander.Necrosigh 2010-11-23 07:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Haha, ok, thanks xD

Sometimes I feel like outdated o_o;;
 Bismarck.Ryuzen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dart
By Bismarck.Ryuzen 2010-11-23 07:44:37
Link | Citer | R

I've been glancing at this thread and I haven't been able to really pick up what I'm supposed to be stacking or using for Blade: Jin. Figured I'd toss my set here and get some feedback as to whether I'm on the right track or not. I generally use RR/SA since I'm lacking Eve but hopefully that'll be different in a few days :]

Thanks in advance! ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 11:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Sea gorget comes to mind, as does Aesir Earring. Make sure your hitrate is high enough to support the use of Varangian Helm, else you'll want to replace that.
 Bismarck.Ryuzen
By Bismarck.Ryuzen 2010-11-23 11:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I've been slowly working on breeze gorget and I'm not far enough in missions for odin sadly, would mermans earring suffice? As far as v.helm goes I'm 8/8 on katana and generally I use sole sushi, I believe once I get breeze it should not be a problem. Thanks for the feedback :]

Edit: I forgot to ask, qirmiz > bomblet for ws/tp? I have both but use tathlum full time in hopes of crit hits landing on jin and increased dmg overall.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 17:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ryuzen said:
sole sushi
Likely wasting your food here, you shouldn't need that much accuracy for most things.

Quote:
Edit: I forgot to ask, qirmiz > bomblet for ws/tp? I have both but use tathlum full time in hopes of crit hits landing on jin and increased dmg overall.
Qirmiz inside Abyssea. I'll look at outside later.
 Bismarck.Ryuzen
By Bismarck.Ryuzen 2010-11-24 12:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Got V V last night so no more stout arm. Also got the katana headband, would that be a better choice overall or is it simply situational for high Eva mobs?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-24 12:52:23
Link | Citer | R

About as situational as you would use Ohat really
 Bismarck.Ryuzen
By Bismarck.Ryuzen 2010-11-24 17:00:16
Link | Citer | R