Geek Squad!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Geek Squad!
Geek Squad!
 Asura.Yotevol
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-11 16:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Concering the air compressor:
1) Don't just have it run to let out the moisture. There should be a relief valve that allows the built of moisture to be vented. Open that up and drain it until you get air, then close.
2) Use it in a controlled environment, but not an enclosed environment. You would be surprised at somepeople using that thing in an enclosed place that causes them to pass out from loss of air. They didn't realize it took the surrounding air to make "compressed air"... LOL

~Yote
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-11 16:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Which reminds me, I'd heard Intel was currently working on their 6 and 8-core CPU's. Jesus Christ...

Been a long time since these has been anounced :) Coming end of this year. 8 cores, 16 threads. (for server though).

6 cores coming a bit later for high end desktop users.

Ah, I've been out of the game for a while now, business failed and I got laid off...GOGO FAILING ECONOMY /cry

I've gotten a lot of ***done in FFXI at least (can that be considered a silver lining?) ^^

Yotevol said:
Concering the air compressor:
1) Don't just have it run to let out the moisture. There should be a relief valve that allows the built of moisture to be vented. Open that up and drain it until you get air, then close.
2) Use it in a controlled environment, but not an enclosed environment. You would be surprised at somepeople using that thing in an enclosed place that causes them to pass out from loss of air. They didn't realize it took the surrounding air to make "compressed air"... LOL

Yeah, it's got the relief valve, I do that when I'm done using it to drain the air out of it, but I guess I should do that first, huh? Thanks for the tip...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-11 16:29:01
Link | Citer | R

lol would be funny to see you passed over your own air compressor cleaning your pc, I think you would have to be in a small enclosed space for that to happen lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-11 16:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
lol would be funny to see you passed over your own air compressor cleaning your pc, I think you would have to be in a small enclosed space for that to happen lol

***, some the friends I have would probably try anyways as some alternative way to get high or something.

They're pretty dumb...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-11 16:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Yay work is almost over

I have bought stuff from ebay before for pc stuff. I just recently bought a new hd for my laptop since the hd decided to die, spent only 50 bux on a 160 gb hd for my laptop. saw it on other sites for over 180 bux for same hd. The hd came, brand new, works perfect and glad i did buy it on ebay.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 08:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Ok I went home last night and was checking all the stuff in my pc, the video card fan work, the fan on the motherboard works, but something popped in my head because I always wondered why did my pc get so hot on the top by the power supply. So I still checked the video cards etc. and looked fine. So this morning before work I said I think its the power supply, so i turned the pc on and bam the fan for the power supply doesnt come on... So I take out the power supply checked the plugs and 1 of the plugs for on the motherboard blew. So now I'm gonna get a new supply today to make sure if its just that. Wierd though, it would still turn on my pc with the supply box though but im still buying a new power supply.
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 09:09:52
Link | Citer | R

O.O Gief sex-cores, w.
-----------------------
Heh, i guess it would be Sexta-Cores, but meh. Sorry for the useless post^^;.

The only bit of vaguely useful information I could give is if you do upgrade MB and Processor, ASUS motherboards are said to run better with AMD processors (i think).

Best of luck on your troubleshooting!
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-12 09:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Asus and Intel are perfectly fine :) Well for now I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy AMD CPUs, price/performance ratio is way better with Intel CPUs.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 09:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
So now I'm gonna get a new supply today to make sure if its just that. Wierd though, it would still turn on my pc with the supply box though but im still buying a new power supply.

Well, I'm glad you figured out (part of )the problem. Look into Antec PSU's, I've had good luck with them over the last few years... ^^

Antipika said:
Asus and Intel are perfectly fine :) Well for now I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy AMD CPUs, price/performance ratio is way better with Intel CPUs.

Yeah, gotta second this. I was an AMD fanboy for many years, but Intel finally started being more competitive in their pricing...Intel's winning the fight this round lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 10:06:03
Link | Citer | R

I just hope that's all it is and my pc goes back to normal. If its not then I can just buy parts to replace when i can.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 10:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
I just hope that's all it is and my pc goes back to normal. If its not then I can just buy parts to replace when i can.

I find a good swift kick works wonders...

j/k (but you've thought about it, haven't you ^^)

good luck :)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 10:08:32
Link | Citer | R

lol yea well i did hit it to see lol think everybody does that lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 21:17:52
Link | Citer | R

OK update, bought power supply and it worked! but i still have an issue with the graphics so i, going to do a clean reinstall of the video card sigh...

And I went and bought a 22" flat screen monitor and now im pissed thr is 1 damn bad pixel in it, right in the freakin middle of my screen!! so im taking it back for another one, glad i got the warranty. gah
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-13 17:44:27
Link | Citer | R

Ok, new update today!! A good update ^^. Exchanged monitor so it looks awesome! no pixels are bad and running good. For graphics i reinstalled it and bam works again ^^

Thank you all for the help before.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-13 18:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
OK update, bought power supply and it worked! but i still have an issue with the graphics so i, going to do a clean reinstall of the video card sigh...

And I went and bought a 22" flat screen monitor and now im pissed thr is 1 damn bad pixel in it, right in the freakin middle of my screen!! so im taking it back for another one, glad i got the warranty. gah

Alyria said:
Ok, new update today!! A good update ^^. Exchanged monitor so it looks awesome! no pixels are bad and running good. For graphics i reinstalled it and bam works again ^^

Thank you all for the help before.

{Sweets}! I'm glad you got everything worked out. Is it uber? ^^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-13 18:24:20
Link | Citer | R

F yea its so huge, lol maybe i shoulda went 19" lol my daughter is like WOW! lol then my job tells me they have an employee buying program for pc's etc. after i already bought it lol so at least i can go there for free shipping etc.

my pc is running so smooth now, im happy.