By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 02:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
ITT: People try to place real life logic into a Final Fantasy game.

Yeah, how they hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

This game doesn't make sense!

/sarcasm

Thats more of the size of the thing ie planks length. Which is an incredibly small size, which wouldn't apply to our characters, assuming they are biological, and thus composed of biological material, they would, (obviously) not be applicable to this problem. This is so stupid its fun. I love it.

Yeah, who needs atoms anyways?

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
ITT: People try to place real life logic into a Final Fantasy game.

Yeah, how the hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

This game doesn't make sense!

/sarcasm

Your avatar doesn't make sense!

Makes total sense

But these small things only behave that way, because they are that size, when they're bigger things collectively (ie a human) we can use the standard model of physics, and we can note its momentum and position.

Yeah it only sucks that we're made up of small things, and data would need to be collected on all of that. You're thinking of wormhole physics.

Well that wouldn't be necessary to measure up the small things if your teleporting a part of space, for example whatever is inside a chamber. Surely this would be some kind of room or thing you would step into no?
 Unicorn.Marrs
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 02:39:52
Link | Citer | R

I mean what do you plan(?) to teleport them atom by atom? How does that even make sense? People can't stand physically still thats impossible in that respect alone.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-22 02:52:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:

Oh god what.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-22 02:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Really? You're arguing about the physics involved in teleportation in a game where I can draw random cards which make people do things like your mom better/faster/stronger/more often. A game where I can take 10 seconds to cause fire to engulf bunnies while standing 18 yalms away. WTF is a yalm? A game where I need to beat up 1000 bunnies before I can wear leather. An extra 2000 or so if I want to wear lizard skins. A game where I can constantly die, get resurrected ala Jesus, and have no long term damage. I guess that makes us better than Jesus actually, he had those holes in his hands afterwards.

Not to mention I make creatures appear out of nowhere by having special key things in my pockets... but only if I touch the ground.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-22 03:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Phoenix.Miraun said:
Really? You're arguing about the physics involved in teleportation in a game where I can draw random cards which make people do things like your mom better/faster/stronger/more often. A game where I can take 10 seconds to cause fire to engulf bunnies while standing 18 yalms away. WTF is a yalm? A game where I need to beat up 1000 bunnies before I can wear leather. An extra 2000 or so if I want to wear lizard skins. A game where I can constantly die, get resurrected ala Jesus, and have no long term damage. I guess that makes us better than Jesus actually, he had those holes in his hands afterwards.

Not to mention I make creatures appear out of nowhere by having special key things in my pockets... but only if I touch the ground.

My hero

You forgot the part where Bats drop 500 lbs treasure boxes, apparently "conceiling them"
or that birds really like to steal your food when you're smashing their face in.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-22 03:49:09
Link | Citer | R

To answer the OP

[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-01 02:34:33
Link | Citer | R

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira ?
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-01 02:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Well you see, I understand your point about it being a tad silly to have a Dancer saving the world from Gods, Demons, etc. However, it is an old FF job, and also the game is about party situations. You could say the same thing about Bard, Puppetmaster, Thief, and Scholar. None of them sound intimidating or inspiring, but in the game's world they are much more than just a title. Also in the real world these types of people may possess skills that aren't so straightforward in battle, but could be used to gain the upper hand.

Then again, we aren't dealing with the real world, and part of the Dancer's motif in FFXI is that it's supposed to not be taken seriously in battle. This is supposed to be part of the reason they're so good. That and they're secretly supposed to descend from martial artists who danced, at least the person who teaches players how to dance was.
taken from page 1
... many many martial arts around the world are considered forms of dance, many of them are not even considered a martial art to their homeland but only to others around the world, because of their cultural significance, hell not even on a fighting/dance standpoint.. many of these are medically used for inner peace and meditation purposes, but they harness defensive and offensive happenings.
to name a few: Capoeira, Wushu, Kata
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-01 02:47:56
Link | Citer | R

I think the DNC JSE gear is a bit lame and probably could have been a little more fierce looking to some respect.. it still fits the role of the job, and does give the illusion ingame that, like many have said, its to be a non hostile threat to the enemy, but is in the end
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
By Yuriki 2011-02-28 11:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
I think the DNC JSE gear is a bit lame and probably could have been a little more fierce looking to some respect.. it still fits the role of the job, and does give the illusion ingame that, like many have said, its to be a non hostile threat to the enemy, but is in the end

I dunno, if some chick dressed in AF1/2/3 walks up to a bunch of men slathered in plate mail, she probably has something up her sleeve and I'd be highly suspicious.

But yeah, dnc rocks.