[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Well you see, I understand your point about it being a tad silly to have a Dancer saving the world from Gods, Demons, etc. However, it is an old FF job, and also the game is about party situations. You could say the same thing about Bard, Puppetmaster, Thief, and Scholar. None of them sound intimidating or inspiring, but in the game's world they are much more than just a title. Also in the real world these types of people may possess skills that aren't so straightforward in battle, but could be used to gain the upper hand.

Then again, we aren't dealing with the real world, and part of the Dancer's motif in FFXI is that it's supposed to not be taken seriously in battle. This is supposed to be part of the reason they're so good. That and they're secretly supposed to descend from martial artists who danced, at least the person who teaches players how to dance was.

This actually brings up a good point, "Dancers" are good for "party's" hardy har har. No but idc if its an old ff job, its still very fanny pack type-gay.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 01:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Could never be a race, can't procreate

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you actually took what he said seriously.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
But you're still ugly.

For sure. I'm terrified of my looks.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Could never be a race, can't procreate

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you actually took what he said seriously.

I'm playing along with the point of my thread going off topic, geesh guy.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-10-22 01:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Well you see, I understand your point about it being a tad silly to have a Dancer saving the world from Gods, Demons, etc. However, it is an old FF job, and also the game is about party situations. You could say the same thing about Bard, Puppetmaster, Thief, and Scholar. None of them sound intimidating or inspiring, but in the game's world they are much more than just a title. Also in the real world these types of people may possess skills that aren't so straightforward in battle, but could be used to gain the upper hand. Then again, we aren't dealing with the real world, and part of the Dancer's motif in FFXI is that it's supposed to not be taken seriously in battle. This is supposed to be part of the reason they're so good. That and they're secretly supposed to descend from martial artists who danced, at least the person who teaches players how to dance was.
This actually brings up a good point, "Dancers" are good for "party's" hardy har har. No but idc if its an old ff job, its still very fanny pack type-gay.
I gotta admit, I don't enjoy the male dancers. Not at all. But c'mon, it's a Final Fantasy made by Square Enix. They've been releasing nothing but phanny pack gay for years.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-22 01:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Well you see, I understand your point about it being a tad silly to have a Dancer saving the world from Gods, Demons, etc. However, it is an old FF job, and also the game is about party situations. You could say the same thing about Bard, Puppetmaster, Thief, and Scholar. None of them sound intimidating or inspiring, but in the game's world they are much more than just a title. Also in the real world these types of people may possess skills that aren't so straightforward in battle, but could be used to gain the upper hand. Then again, we aren't dealing with the real world, and part of the Dancer's motif in FFXI is that it's supposed to not be taken seriously in battle. This is supposed to be part of the reason they're so good. That and they're secretly supposed to descend from martial artists who danced, at least the person who teaches players how to dance was.
I gotta admit, I don't enjoy the male dancers. Not at all. But c'mon, it's a Final Fantasy made by Square Enix. They've been releasing nothing but phanny pack gay for years.

What they should've done (well, notrly) is have Bard be Males only and Dancer be Females only.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Yea the galkas, i mean cmon.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Vyre said:

What they should've done (well, notrly) is have Bard be Male's only and Dancer be Females only.

Yea. And the female dancer will only enhance the male characters statistics, and the bard will only kind of satisfy the girls statistics.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 01:27:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Alexander.Haptic
Serveur: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-10-22 01:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Brb, gonna dance someone to death...
lolol... nah but really, I agree its kinda stupid.
However its a good job...
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-22 01:32:32
Link | Citer | R

ITT: People try to place real life logic into a Final Fantasy game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-22 01:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Haters gonna hate~
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:

Haters gonna hate~

Lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 01:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Oh gurl, I like your shalwar.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-22 01:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Dancing and close combat utilize the same basic principles of motion and knowledge of the body. Traveling dance troupes of old didn't always have access to hired guards and thus had to defend themselves, often using knives, swords (that often doubled as stage weaponry), or even their bare hands; all are skills the DNC class utilizes. Separating the two is a new concept; time was when any serious dancer probably knew how to defend themselves as well and obviously it fits as a support class.

Like I said, makes sense if you know your history.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Well everyone does, to some degree. I'm sure you wouldn't take lightly final fantasy making tax collector a job now would you?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 01:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Well everyone does, to some degree. I'm sure you wouldn't would take lightly final fantasy making tax collector a job now would you?
If they added it, would people ***? No. You would ignore the job, just like I'm about to do to this thread, good night all!
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Well everyone does, to some degree. I'm sure you wouldn't would take lightly final fantasy making tax collector a job now would you?
If they added it, would people ***? No. You would ignore the job, just like I'm about to do to this thread, good night all!

Maybe they wouldn't *** (actually i think they would), maybe they'd play wow though.
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-10-22 01:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Three words: HIP HOP KIDO

/thread

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 01:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Yeah, how they hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

This game doesn't make sense!

/sarcasm

Thats more of the size of the thing ie planks length. Which is an incredibly small size, which wouldn't apply to our characters, assuming they are biological, and thus composed of biological material, they would, (obviously) not be applicable to this problem. This is so stupid its fun. I love it.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-22 01:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Yeah, how the hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

/sarcasm

Your avatar doesn't make sense!
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-10-22 01:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Yeah, how the hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

/sarcasm

Munn-buns!

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-10-22 02:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said:
Well you see, I understand your point about it being a tad silly to have a Dancer saving the world from Gods, Demons, etc. However, it is an old FF job, and also the game is about party situations. You could say the same thing about Bard, Puppetmaster, Thief, and Scholar. None of them sound intimidating or inspiring, but in the game's world they are much more than just a title. Also in the real world these types of people may possess skills that aren't so straightforward in battle, but could be used to gain the upper hand.

Then again, we aren't dealing with the real world, and part of the Dancer's motif in FFXI is that it's supposed to not be taken seriously in battle. This is supposed to be part of the reason they're so good. That and they're secretly supposed to descend from martial artists who danced, at least the person who teaches players how to dance was.

Actually, music had a military use. Drums and other instruments were used to heighten morale so bards fit well in FF.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-10-22 02:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Yeah, how they hell can we teleport, inherently violating the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle?

/sarcasm

Thats more of the size of the thing ie planks length. Which is an incredibly small size, which wouldn't apply to our characters, assuming they are biological, and thus composed of biological material, they would, (obviously) not be applicable to this problem. This is so stupid its fun. I love it.

Yeah, who needs atoms anyways?

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

/sarcasm

Makes total sense

But these small things only behave that way, because they are that size, when they're bigger things collectively (ie a human) we can use the standard model of physics, and we can note its momentum and position.

Post deleted by User.