Stuck at 57 :(
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 22:39:58
Link | Citer | R

With the introduction of Abyssea, seems like there aren't as many EXP parties these days, and even the ones I've been in have been... less than par. Don't know if it's just my bad luck with irresponsible players, or that it's becoming a common trend to not listen to your fellow party members, but things are getting pretty hard for a Visions-of-Abyssealess player like me, who plays about 5 hours a week.

One of the main issues is that I've been trying to EXP seriously--meaning I don't want just EXP, but I want to skill up Axe/GAxe/Polearm and better my skills as a WAR as I EXP--so, while I could spam Sanctuary of Zi'tah FoV p4 until lv 60, I'd rather find something more challenging.

Western Altepa Desert FoV is not very forgiving--10 Beetles and a Cactuar? Apparently you can't run from 1000 Needles. :P So far have only been 90% successful with 2 Gobs and 8 Tulwar Scorpions... as long as I don't link and/or run into Cactuars and Anticans. :/

Campaign seems like a waste? 80% return on EXP until I hit 61, and I don't get to skill up, and I'll have to stalk someone who can actually tank the mobs....

So, any ideas? I'm feeling quite depressed with the slow walk to 75+ on WAR, otherwise. :(
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Serveur: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-10-16 22:43:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-16 22:46:17
Link | Citer | R

im in the same boat, ive been working on lvling up cor, and atm its 38. gonna be a long road for me ; ;
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 22:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Cheyne said:
To be honest, I would say your best bet is leeching an abyssea party by being the "Key ***" and just getting 75, then exping/skilling up in either an Abyssea party or in the Tree etc.

Ragnarok.Anye said:
...but things are getting pretty hard for a Scars-of-Abyssealess player like me, who plays about 5 hours a week.

; ;
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-10-16 22:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
With the introduction of Abyssea, seems like there aren't as many EXP parties these days, and even the ones I've been in have been... less than par. Don't know if it's just my bad luck with irresponsible players, or that it's becoming a common trend to not listen to your fellow party members, but things are getting pretty hard for a Scars-of-Abyssealess player like me, who plays about 5 hours a week.

One of the main issues is that I've been trying to EXP seriously--meaning I don't want just EXP, but I want to skill up Axe/GAxe/Polearm and better my skills as a WAR as I EXP--so, while I could spam Sanctuary of Zi'tah FoV p4 until lv 60, I'd rather find something more challenging.

Western Altepa Desert FoV is not very forgiving--10 Beetles and a Cactuar? Apparently you can't run from 1000 Needles. :P So far have only been 90% successful with 2 Gobs and 8 Tulwar Scorpions... as long as I don't link and/or run into Cactuars and Anticans. :/

Campaign seems like a waste? 80% return on EXP until I hit 61, and I don't get to skill up, and I'll have to stalk someone who can actually tank the mobs....

So, any ideas? I'm feeling quite depressed with the slow walk to 75+ on WAR, otherwise. :(

TBH, Abyssea has been detrimental to EXP parties below lv70. Now that people can bring in a new lv30 job to Abyssea, and leech it to 85 being a chest ***, most people see no need to take the "long route" and level it up in a regular party.

Basically, anyone who likes to oldschool level and not be a dumb "chest-***", is screwed now.

Argue all you want that being a Chest-*** is sooo useful to a party, and that since you're using your cruor you should be able to bring whatever job whatever level you want. Wtf, I can BRD and be the "chest ***", and I'm talkin about my lv80 BRD (I havent leveled since the first abyssea add-on). It's not that hard to play (support/healing) and chest ***, no need to let someone afk half the time on their lv39 PUP leeching exp and trading keys to random chests.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Serveur: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-10-16 22:51:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-16 22:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried building your own parties? Don't worry too much about skillups, as soon as you hit 60 and get Retaliation you should be able to skillup on crabs /DNC in Kuftal tunnel.
Eastern Altepa Desert FoV is good until lvl 63 and much easier. Page 5 can be done right next to the OP and if you are in trouble you can use the nearby zone. Btw Besieged works fine for skillups
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-10-16 22:55:31
Link | Citer | R

I WILL PERSONALLY CHANGE SERVERS AND POWER LEVEL YOU TO 85 ON MY WHM.
[+]
By DDestroyer 2010-10-16 22:56:59
Link | Citer | R

im sure your not the only one on your server with this problem. may i suggest the following.

Find a friend your own lvl or near it, duo fov pages you can take on some harder pages this way and you both get nice skills ups.

Find a very high friend who wants to work on getting a few Tabs go do FoV in ro'movae or vally of sarrows, exp per kill might be low but 1.3k per page is nice, and you can skill up.

But the best way for you to lvl and aviod abyssea in a post abyssea ffxi. Build a quifm island level sync pt (someone always lvling in quifm) get a few lvls like this, then get that high lvl friend to go with you to vally of sarrows for the FoV basically leech the page while you get some skill ups off what he kills solo no problem.

now as someone who has taken 4 jobs to 50+ in a month i would suggest getting abyssea sub a mage job and toss out cures if you dont have crour for keys yet build an abyssea pt and use them 5 hrs per week to get 85 in about 2 weeks.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 22:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Cheyne said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Hades.Cheyne said:
To be honest, I would say your best bet is leeching an abyssea party by being the "Key ***" and just getting 75, then exping/skilling up in either an Abyssea party or in the Tree etc.

Ragnarok.Anye said:
...but things are getting pretty hard for a ScarsVisions-of-Abyssealess player like me, who plays about 5 hours a week.

; ;

Are all 5hours at once?

Even in 2-3 hours in a good party you can get 10 levels or so, and enough parties will get you to 75.

Or if you have some friends who do abyssea, maybe they would let you leech a bit while you're asleep or something like that.
Oops, wrong expansion. I meant I don't have Abyssea, like, AT ALL. :<
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 23:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Have you tried building your own parties? Don't worry too much about skillups, as soon as you hit 60 and get Retaliation you should be able to skillup on crabs /DNC in Kuftal tunnel.
Eastern Altepa Desert FoV is good until lvl 63 and much easier. Page 5 can be done right next to the OP and if you are in trouble you can use the nearby zone. Btw Besieged works fine for skillups
I have, but I've been having the worst luck with /sea all inv 45-60 and even /sea all 45-60, and asking each person not in a party. >_<

So a WAR60/DNC30 can survive in Kuftal? that's a relief. I never honestly never knew that as I never skilled there until PLD70ish....

And Besieged is the worst possible place for me, sadly--I lag like crazy, and I always ALWAYS D/C before I can actually get any EXP/IS. :(

Caitsith.Judaine said:
I WILL PERSONALLY CHANGE SERVERS AND POWER LEVEL YOU TO 85 ON MY WHM.
D'aw. <3 'preciate it. ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-16 23:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Get it!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-16 23:08:58
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Manual

You can check all the alternative camps and decide which to go for.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 23:10:22
Link | Citer | R

/sigh, but that's like, $10 per expansion... whereas once all 3 come out, Vana'diel Collection will be like, $10, and I'll be able to get each at $3.33....

:3

Odin.Sheelay said:

I deeeeeeeed. ;_; Only options for both skill and EXP are Xarcabard and Western Altepa Desert. I died 7 times last night in Western Altepa Desert, hovering around 9k TNL. Still there after dying in a crap EXP party this morning, but getting an R3 from a Pixie. <_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-16 23:12:14
Link | Citer | R

come to my server! sync with my whm! we'll duo!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-16 23:14:55
Link | Citer | R

; ;! But all muh frands are here!
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-10-16 23:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
/sigh, but that's like, $10 per expansion... whereas once all 3 come out, Vana'diel Collection will be like, $10, and I'll be able to get each at $3.33....

:3

Odin.Sheelay said:

I deeeeeeeed. ;_; Only options for both skill and EXP are Xarcabard and Western Altepa Desert. I died 7 times last night in Western Altepa Desert, hovering around 9k TNL. Still there after dying in a crap EXP party this morning, but getting an R3 from a Pixie. <_>

Lol, I just bought the expansion, my dad came to me at the end of the month and said "WTF I got a charge on my bank account from square enix for 24$?" so I responded with "omg I'm going to call them and figure out wtf is going on". Yeaaa...
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-16 23:16:17
Link | Citer | R

Anye I have some level 40ish jobs if you wanna sync. I can show you the light on warrior too. Saw you at AH one day with ur WAR and I QQ'ed a little.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-16 23:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Let skillups go for now, you'll be able to work on them much better and safely past 60. There was a time I didn't have many hours to play so all I did I levelled low jobs through FoV. That's how I got several jobs to 50. It was quite relaxing and enjoyable.

Oh and about besieged, I play on XBox so I know it can be troublesome. Make sure to put all filters up and avoid the wide open areas in Al Zhabi.
Try face walls when fighting, it's a small something that helped me reduce the ammount of characters that had to be loaded on screen and reduced overall lag.

Have fun :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-16 23:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Anye I have some level 40ish jobs if you wanna sync. I can show you the light on warrior too. Saw you at AH one day with ur WAR and I QQ'ed a little.

Don't be hating on Anye's WAR. I think she'll do fine.

I doubt you have anything worthwhile to show her anyway, if the gear that is in your profile is what you really wear. Just saying~
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-10-16 23:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Im stuck at 60 monk too.... i get the occasional east ron pt, ive gotten 1 bird pt. Ive gone seeking all day and nothing, even searched myself to see people if anyone seeking to try and make a pt and nada. It sucks, im having to resort to offering gil to get an abys pt :/
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-16 23:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Quote:
Askar Zucchetto, Ulthalam's Ring
Quote:
QQ'ed
Wait, what?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-16 23:39:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Askar.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-16 23:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Don't hate unless you see me play, all im going to say.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-16 23:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Anye's WAR looks fine to me for its' lvl.
And considering the fact she had asked for suggestions on how how to gear it properly without blowing too much money I believe she got it right.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-16 23:56:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Not necessary. Just don't give your advice to Anye.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-17 00:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Haters gunna hate :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-17 00:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
If you were really that good you'd know how to gear your job. As it stands you post on a forum where information is readily available and still use the wrong pieces of gear. Not really making a strong case for yourself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-17 00:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Thats your opinion kind sir ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-17 00:22:03
Link | Citer | R

No. It's not merely Night's opinion, it's a fact.
[+]
First Page 2 3