Utsusemi: San
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-20 14:16:30
Link | Citer | R

I used to think this spell would never come into existence, as it would create a fully hasted ninja perma-shadows.

Now with the level cap to 99 eventually. I wonder if we are going to see this spell? Especially with many high end mobs with TP moves that wipe shadows quickly.

Any thoughts on what it would be? Perhaps 5 shadows, followed by Ni with 4, then Ichi with 3?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 14:18:28
Link | Citer | R

well the AF3+2 shoes already have "enhance utsusemi" which can really only mean +1 shadow per cast...so we kind of already have it......
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-20 14:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well the AF3+2 shoes already have "enhance utsusemi" which can really only mean +1 shadow per cast...so we kind of already have it......

I think you're being a tad optimistic :P It'll probably be a slight delay in cast time or recast time knowing SE
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-20 14:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Good point, but there are still 15 levels of Ninjutsu. Lots of things can happen. haste ninjutsu perhaps? Not to mention the San spells for the elemental wheel. Just seems like it is something they would do whether it be a released spell, or perhaps a level 99 merit system.
Serveur: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-20 14:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I used to think this spell would never come into existence, as it would create a fully hasted ninja perma-shadows.

Even with the level cap raise this would still be a big problem. The only way I see this happening is if SE lowered the number of ways ninja could gain hate and I don't see them doing that.

What I would like to see is san creating a copy of the caster (like a pet I guess) that would just auto attack the curent target (and would vanish if it took any form of damage or after a minute or so passed whichever comes first).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 14:23:43
Link | Citer | R

That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni.

I'm hoping that someone will get the boots soon and can be able to test it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-20 14:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni. I'm hoping that someone will get the boots soon and can be able to test it.

I like it! Sort of like an Utsusemi with a little Phalanx mixed in.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 14:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni.

NO WAY they are gonna let utsu absorb AoE spells..that would be more broken than an extra shadow lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-20 14:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni. I'm hoping that someone will get the boots soon and can be able to test it.
NO WAY they are gonna let utsu absorb AoE spells..that would be more broken than an extra shadow lol

The Yagudo Prelate starts casting Aeroga III

Buckeyespud shakes with laughter in front of the Yagudo Prelate.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-20 14:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Maybe an AoE at least absorbs 3-4 shadows and if you only have 1-2 up, at least mitigates some damage.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-20 14:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

It HAS happened before years ago, but they nerfed it. I can see some fair play in it being NIN-exclusive, though.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 14:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

I'm not saying that's what it's gonna be. Just saying that all we can do is speculate until someone is able to do tests. I personally would like spell interruption down, and that casting utsusemi would generate more enmity (Or wont lose enmity when shadows absorbs hits)

As far as it goes to utsusemi san, never gonna happen. (save this thread and remind me of this once we catually do get utsusemi san, lol)

Someone said elemental San's, we have them already.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-20 14:42:37
Link | Citer | R

no that was his point..if we have ele san, maybe utsu san is in the works lol

edit: and screw interrupt- on utsu..its hard as hell to interrupt ni as it is lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-20 14:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Andevom said:
If they do release this spell, they'll just completely screw Utsusemi and have the majority of mobs you'd want to fight wipe/ignore your shadows. That or they'll give it a huge recast timer.

I wouldn't necessarily say they would change things. Remember that our definition of "overpowered" has to evolve just like the game and level cap has involved. We may thing it will be overpowered, but I think we are going to see some pretty gruesome beasts released too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 14:45:55
Link | Citer | R

There's already been a thread about Utsusemi:San btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-20 15:13:15
Link | Citer | R

If it doesn't give an extra shadow. Let's hope it lets ni overwrite ichi at least. Lol
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-20 15:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
If it doesn't give an extra shadow. Let's hope it lets ni overwrite ichi at least. Lol
I do believe you mean ichi overwrite ni.
[+]
 Hades.Lilyetti
Serveur: Hades
user: Lilyetti
By Hades.Lilyetti 2010-09-20 20:45:36
Link | Citer | R

copyed from wiki:
Utsusemi is the category of Ninja-only "spells", or rather, Ninjutsu, that aid in avoiding attacks. These spells put up Copy Images that absorb damage directed at the Ninja. Requires one Shihei tool per casting. As of the June 2010 upate, the Copy Image now has a numerical counter which displays how many shadows are remaining. Ranges anywhere from 1 to 4+.
Ninja Level 12 can use: Utsusemi: Ichi
Ninja Level 37 can use: Utsusemi: Ni

read the underlined and bolded. dosent ichi give you 3 and ni give you 4? how do you get 4+ shadows if you can only get a maximum of 4, so, i think that the boost +2 will give you more shadow/s
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-20 20:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Unless I'm mistaken, Wiki isn't an official source for SE. Not to mention it's a wiki.
[+]
 Hades.Lilyetti
Serveur: Hades
user: Lilyetti
By Hades.Lilyetti 2010-09-20 20:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Unless I'm mistaken, Wiki isn't an official source for SE. Not to mention it's a wiki.

yes, this is true, but then again, when i do play, i reference wiki alot, and 99% of the time, i have had the right advice on the wiki, so this leads me to believe this could be true, theory here, no?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-20 20:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Lilyetti said:
Fairy.Spence said:

yes, this is true, but then again, when i do play, i reference wiki alot, and 99% of the time, i have had the right advice on the wiki, so this leads me to believe this could be true, theory here, no?

You may very well be right, we'll just have to wait and see.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-20 20:58:47
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say Usu: san is impossible. It was once in auto-translate... If anything it'd be broken with Sange, that would deal hefty damage.
Even with 5 shadow usu (san's casting would be longer than Ni's) Doubt ninja's will spring back into action. Only the true die-hard ninja's are ninja's.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-09-21 06:29:28
Link | Citer | R

is there an icon utsusemi showing 5 shadow remaining on the .dat?

You got your answer.
 Bismarck.Demented
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-09-21 06:33:49
Link | Citer | R

When you cast Utsusemi: Ni (as a Ninja), the icon specifically says, "4+"

What does that tell us?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-09-21 06:39:48
Link | Citer | R

is it from the last patch ? (i stoped before the lvl 65 release...)
didnt remember saw it before.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-09-21 06:41:13
Link | Citer | R

But, i think it could be, a casting time, or recast time, or less interrupt bonus, not really sure it could be more shadow.
 Bismarck.Demented
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-09-21 06:46:41
Link | Citer | R

It's from the patch that added the Shadow counter. When you have 1, 2, or even 3 shadows remaining, they're clear, unaccompanied numbers. When you have a 4th Shadow, there's clearly a "+" sign next to it.

EDIT: Also, I doubt it has anything to do with casting time, or SE would have just put "Fast Cast" or Haste (which it already has), and not have wasted their time. Even so, if it ends up being such, I think that would be even better than more Shadows. We can already get the timer down to about 30 seconds, that would indirectly be more effective.

Again, though, when SE states something will be "enhanced" they don't typically give it additional bonuses, they enhance what it already has.
So additional Shadows, or cast/recast are the only possibilities.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 06:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Lilyetti said:
copyed from wiki: Utsusemi is the category of Ninja-only "spells", or rather, Ninjutsu, that aid in avoiding attacks. These spells put up Copy Images that absorb damage directed at the Ninja. Requires one Shihei tool per casting. As of the June 2010 upate, the Copy Image now has a numerical counter which displays how many shadows are remaining. Ranges anywhere from 1 to 4+. Ninja Level 12 can use: Utsusemi: Ichi Ninja Level 37 can use: Utsusemi: Ni read the underlined and bolded. dosent ichi give you 3 and ni give you 4? how do you get 4+ shadows if you can only get a maximum of 4, so, i think that the boost +2 will give you more shadow/s
Maybe cause mobs can put up more? Hell there is a mob that can put up like 20+ lol
First Page 2