Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 06:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni. I'm hoping that someone will get the boots soon and can be able to test it.
NO WAY they are gonna let utsu absorb AoE spells..that would be more broken than an extra shadow lol
It HAS happened before years ago, but they nerfed it. I can see some fair play in it being NIN-exclusive, though.
I never saw that happen before the gimp. However I did see AOE physical moves wipe all shadows and deal dmg back then.
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
Serveur: Phoenix
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-09-21 07:36:03
Link | Citer | R

i do not profess to tell the future, but i could see another 3 shadow utsusemi happening. less likely IMHO would be a 4 or 5 shadow on a ridiculously long recast timer
 Bismarck.Rellz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-21 07:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Lilyetti said:
copyed from wiki: Utsusemi is the category of Ninja-only "spells", or rather, Ninjutsu, that aid in avoiding attacks. These spells put up Copy Images that absorb damage directed at the Ninja. Requires one Shihei tool per casting. As of the June 2010 upate, the Copy Image now has a numerical counter which displays how many shadows are remaining. Ranges anywhere from 1 to 4+. Ninja Level 12 can use: Utsusemi: Ichi Ninja Level 37 can use: Utsusemi: Ni read the underlined and bolded. dosent ichi give you 3 and ni give you 4? how do you get 4+ shadows if you can only get a maximum of 4, so, i think that the boost +2 will give you more shadow/s
Maybe cause mobs can put up more? Hell there is a mob that can put up like 20+ lol
Seethers have a TP move that gives like 20 shadows or something
As for the spell i highly doubt we will see San but if they did make this spell i can see SE making it share timers with Ni or something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 07:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Lilyetti said:
copyed from wiki: Utsusemi is the category of Ninja-only "spells", or rather, Ninjutsu, that aid in avoiding attacks. These spells put up Copy Images that absorb damage directed at the Ninja. Requires one Shihei tool per casting. As of the June 2010 upate, the Copy Image now has a numerical counter which displays how many shadows are remaining. Ranges anywhere from 1 to 4+. Ninja Level 12 can use: Utsusemi: Ichi Ninja Level 37 can use: Utsusemi: Ni read the underlined and bolded. dosent ichi give you 3 and ni give you 4? how do you get 4+ shadows if you can only get a maximum of 4, so, i think that the boost +2 will give you more shadow/s
Maybe cause mobs can put up more? Hell there is a mob that can put up like 20+ lol
Seethers have a TP move that gives like 20 shadows .
Yeah I think it can hit up to 30 something shadows. Once accidentally tried to duo one and it used that move and as soon as the shadows went down it did it again...
 Bismarck.Rellz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-21 08:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Lilyetti said:
Seethers have a TP move that gives like 20 shadows .
Yeah I think it can hit up to 30 something shadows. Once accidentally tried to duo one and it used that move and as soon as the shadows went down it did it again...
first time i experienced it or at least remember i was with my npc doing that quest when cap was still on ... sam/dnc doesnt so much when thing puts up dozens of shadows...
 Fenrir.Eneas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-21 08:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well the AF3+2 shoes already have "enhance utsusemi" which can really only mean +1 shadow per cast...so we kind of already have it......

could also mean less loss of enmity which goes along with the loss of shadows, or quicker cast time or recast time.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-21 14:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
That can be just about anything from strong spell interruption down while casting utsusemi, to absorbs AoE spells / Tp moves, to adds an additional shadow to ichi, or both to ichi and ni. I'm hoping that someone will get the boots soon and can be able to test it.
NO WAY they are gonna let utsu absorb AoE spells..that would be more broken than an extra shadow lol
It HAS happened before years ago, but they nerfed it. I can see some fair play in it being NIN-exclusive, though.
I never saw that happen before the gimp. However I did see AOE physical moves wipe all shadows and deal dmg back then.
What year are we talking here? I'm talking 2004-ish where if you get hit by AoEs, it'll either take 1 shadow or 2. I was a newbie back then though, so I might be wrong...but yeah, it was later then they adjusted it I believe.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 14:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
What year are we talking here? I'm talking 2004-ish where if you get hit by AoEs, it'll either take 1 shadow or 2. I was a newbie back then though, so I might be wrong...but yeah, it was later then they adjusted it I believe.
Idk. I started back in like ja 04. Not long after PC release. Back then you couldn't take more than one shadow. It was wipe and dmg or 1 from what I remember.
 Phoenix.Jovant
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-09-21 14:17:25
Link | Citer | R

actually to tell u the truth having an item in which enhances usu altogether (making it +1 shadows) would be more broken then giving an entirely different spell (usu: san) at least with a new spell SE is allowed to custom the spell timer making it difficult to pull of while being targeted by a mob.

Speculation: i think SE will implicate utsusemi: San somewhere between 85-99 but the timer to cast and recast timer will be so great that it will be hard to pull off. it will be something like u can cast before a battle or an emergency blanket type of spell, that being said i feel that the enhance utsusemi on the af3 boots increase spell resistance interruption to make it possible to cast san within a battle setting being hit but the recast timer will still be alot so you wont be able to utsusemi roll.

making the enhancement on the boots +1 shadows dosent seem very likely to me because it would completely brake ichi & ni... ichi now being 4 shadows and ni being 5, with there low timers u can completely shadow tank anything that dosnt attack multiple times in a strike round basically with your eye close no effort at all
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-09-21 14:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Just finished my boots. Enhanced Utsusemi is Perfect Dodge for Ninjas.

jk
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-21 14:24:33
Link | Citer | R

With the garbage SE has given NIN in the last few updates, Enhances Utsusemi could just be "Gain 5 TP for every shadow loss" or something. An extra shadow would be nice and the "4+" icon certainly points towards this but I'm not holding my breath.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 14:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
With the garbage SE has given NIN in the last few updates, Enhances Utsusemi could just be "Gain 5 TP for every shadow loss" or something. An extra shadow would be nice and the "4+" icon certainly points towards this but I'm not holding my breath.
That sounds more like an augment than an enhance. But that's just me
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-21 15:44:11
Link | Citer | R

5tp for every shadow lost would be pritty hot regardless
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-21 15:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
5tp for every shadow lost would be pritty hot regardless
Sorry then, 1 TP >.> Don't want to give you false hopes of something good.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-21 15:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:

why do people keep using this analogy? they are synonyms....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-21 15:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Because synonyms don't mean the same thing. But more importantly it's how SE uses the words in reference to gearing. It's part of the whole reason the even added augment when everything before used to just say enhance.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-21 16:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

In FFXI, since the update about a year ago they changed a lot of "Enhances" to "Augments". There is a difference.

Enhances boosts the effects and/or gives the trait.
Augments boosts the effects or adds different things to the trait, but doesn't give you the trait.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-21 16:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Maybe but SE needs has always used them to note different effects
ie: PLD af head has enhances cover, covering magic
AF2 body augments coverting some damage taken to mp

I know this is ninja were talking not pld. It was just the first example i thought of
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-09-21 16:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Anyway, it's a boost, not a new thing add to utsusemi. lets wait till someone got the feets to test ! :3
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-22 15:38:25
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine just came up with a good idea for what the feet boost could be... random chance of not takeing up a shadow when you get hit.
Might be a bit much but it sounds perfectly viable to me.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-09-22 15:39:49
Link | Citer | R

It could be a lame thing like no enmity loss when shadows are taken.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2010-09-25 14:21:28
Link | Citer | R

IMO they need to add it with a larger recast then Ni and Ichi. With all of the "New" and some of the old HLNM and normal mobs, shadows are eaten like candy at the Wonka factory. Mandies and many other mobs now have double attack and triple attack and Eva is getting less and less dependable on. As with putting it in long ago may have broke the game, now it doesn't seem like adding it will break the game seeing how most of what Ninja gets has be speared out between the other support dd jobs.