DRK Weapon/Gear Advice, Please Scrutinise.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Weapon/Gear advice, please scrutinise.
DRK Weapon/Gear advice, please scrutinise.
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 06:30:18
Link | Citer | R

My drk is lvl 64, i plan to stop at 70 for a while to get thf up to 70 (these are my highest level jobs).

I'm not sure what scythe to go with at 70, Vendetta looks the best and one question i have is about the supremacy earring that pairs with it and how hard it is to get?

Without the earring should i use Moliones over Vendetta?

Secondly, there is so much gear coming up at level 70 that i can't think of it all and i want to maintain as good gear as i possibly can at 70.

Here are my Gear sets for drk, please post what you would change imagining i am level 70.

Drk TP

Drk WS

Thanks!

Edit: Swift belt should be coming to a home near me soon.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 06:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
My drk is lvl 64, i plan to stop at 70 for a while to get thf up to 70 (these are my highest level jobs).

I'm not sure what scythe to go with at 70, Vendetta looks the best and one question i have is about the supremacy earring that pairs with it and how hard it is to get?

Without the earring should i use Moliones over Vendetta?

Secondly, there is so much gear coming up at level 70 that i can't think of it all and i want to maintain as good gear as i possibly can at 70.

Here are my Gear sets for drk, please post what you would change imagining i am level 70.

Drk TP

Drk WS

Thanks!

Edit: Swift belt should be coming to a home near me soon.

TP in Chiv chain aswell!

Both scythes work well at 70+, gonna get replaced soon anyways :P
Haubergeon +1 would be an improvement (duh), and once you hit 72, dusk hands and feet.
But for now you seem to have a pretty solid tp-set.

For your WS set I would recommend some more accuracy.
Pallas isnt the best option for a multihit ws unless you'r sure you cap accuracy with it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 06:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Haubergeon +1 would be an improvement (duh)

Hauberk+1 maybe? :P Ty for the advice!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 07:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Haubergeon +1 would be an improvement (duh)

Hauberk+1 maybe? :P Ty for the advice!

Haubergeon/hauberk = same thing =p
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-28 07:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Why stop at 70? In a good abyssea party you could be 80 in just a few hours. Then you can just rock 5/5 Perle. Or is the issue that you haven't beaten Maat yet?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 08:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Why stop at 70? In a good abyssea party you could be 80 in just a few hours. Then you can just rock 5/5 Perle. Or is the issue that you haven't beaten Maat yet?
I havent beaten maat but thats not really why im taking a break, i just want to level thf simoultaneously. Also from 70+ there is alot of gear options and new things to do so i just want to take it slow really. Is there point in me fishing out for hauberk+1 if i am just going to end up with perle?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 09:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Rajas!
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-08-28 09:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
I havent beaten maat but thats not really why im taking a break, i just want to level thf simoultaneously. Also from 70+ there is alot of gear options and new things to do so i just want to take it slow really. Is there point in me fishing out for hauberk+1 if i am just going to end up with perle?

Its better for ws, so if you have the mullah to buy it than go for it, also for tp'ing its the best for having limited resources till full perle. Also for ws you should look into getting rutter sabatons, they are easy to get if you have some friends willing to help you out. I asume also when in an exp party you are using Marinara pizza?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 09:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Pizza for non-colibri, Rutters, Moli set (get a rose strap/ecphoria/chiv or rajas/brutal later) and then later full perle + magian scythe or Plaga. Hecatomb if you can get it (not too expensive to buy from shells, most of it gets trashed since it drops a lot) and AF+1 if you can get a limbus shell.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-28 09:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Haub +1 is your best bet for Guillotine, the only thing that trumps it is E:Body.

Editing my Post noticing Dracs post.

Hecatomb Body is trash dont waste your time or effort trying to get one, assuming that is what he was referring to, the rest of Hecatomb is good though.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-08-28 10:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Probably the best possible TP set you can get for that level. Obviously HQs arent needed and you can downgrade a few slots if you have to.

As for your scythe WS set, just stack as much accuracy as you can. When you get over 410 accuracy you can stack attack/str.

Personally, I'd suggest you use greatsword over scythe until your scythe is merited. Haters gonna hate on that comment but the consistant WS damage pushes much further ahead than scythe. Anyways, be sure to skill up both. Unless you plan on having apocalypse for events you'll need access to both types of weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 10:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Haub +1 is your best bet for Guillotine, the only thing that trumps it is E:Body.

Editing my Post noticing Dracs post.

Hecatomb Body is trash dont waste your time or effort trying to get one, assuming that is what he was referring to, the rest of Hecatomb is good though.

Obviously not the heca body. I meant Hands/Feet since those go freelot not long after a shell starts sky.

For Spinning Slash I'd use it though, so it's still a good body.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 10:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Probably the best possible TP set you can get for that level. Obviously HQs arent needed and you can downgrade a few slots if you have to.

As for your scythe WS set, just stack as much accuracy as you can. When you get over 410 accuracy you can stack attack/str.

Personally, I'd suggest you use greatsword over scythe until your scythe is merited. Haters gonna hate on that comment but the consistant WS damage pushes much further ahead than scythe. Anyways, be sure to skill up both. Unless you plan on having apocalypse for events you'll need access to both types of weapons.

I agree, GS did better for me on Imps because of the Amnesia giving me lots of TP. I'd switch those legs to Black Cuisses at 71 and the head to Patroclus since that's what he's currently using.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-28 10:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Don't do DRK it sucks ! I jk, just Perle and if your budget is low I wouldn't get Hauberk+1, and hai Minus :) this is Jaeger, idk if you remember me or nots, was on gilga some time ago
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 11:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

I know drac mentioned it, but give my Patro helm some credit it took many many hours to camp haha (for little reward i know >.>). I like the look of this set alot though and many pieces i shall be after, and hopefully rutter sabatons as people have mentioned.

@Satanas I end up using curry buns alot, because of bird pts and things (even though they just get taken/me killed) but would go for pizzas in other pts.

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Don't do DRK it sucks ! I jk, just Perle and if your budget is low I wouldn't get Hauberk+1, and hai Minus :) this is Jaeger, idk if you remember me or nots, was on gilga some time ago
I remember :) you had all the leet gear... and a ridill which i was very jelous of!

--------------------------------------------------------
I am still wondering how difficult supremacy earring is to get, because i would love one but all i know is its from an SCNM from which i probably dont have the requirements to do or something? Anyone wish to enlighten me? :)

Ps thanks for everything so far all
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-08-28 11:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
I know drac mentioned it, but give my Patro helm some credit it took many many hours to camp haha (for little reward i know >.>). I like the look of this set alot though and many pieces i shall be after, and hopefully rutter sabatons as people have mentioned. @Satanas I end up using curry buns alot, because of bird pts and things (even though they just get taken/me killed) but would go for pizzas in other pts.
Fenrir.Mankey said:
I remember :) you had all the leet gear... and a ridill which i was very jelous of! -------------------------------------------------------- I am still wondering how difficult supremacy earring is to get, because i would love one but all i know is its from an SCNM from which i probably dont have the requirements to do or something? Anyone wish to enlighten me? :) Ps thanks for everything so far all

Cause he bought his account back then lol. At least he learned how to play it though!
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 11:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Less accusations more talk of supremecy earring :O
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 11:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Just read on Wiki for the earring >_>
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 12:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I have done, apparently i need 8 key items and an alliance, but im not sure thats the case...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 12:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

Personally, I'd suggest you use greatsword over scythe until your scythe is merited. Haters gonna hate on that comment but the consistant WS damage pushes much further ahead than scythe. Anyways, be sure to skill up both.

^

Good idea.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-28 12:08:02
Link | Citer | R

I have done, apparently i need 8 key items and an alliance, but im not sure thats the case...

Well you do need the 8 key items, unless you merc it, and as for the alliance, not sure you need that many people.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 12:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:

Well you do need the 8 key items, unless you merc it, and as for the alliance, not sure you need that many people.

Those fights are kinda hard unless you have people that's very familiar with it, so an alliance would be needed to be safe.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-28 12:10:48
Link | Citer | R

bah they're not even key items >< stop confusing me !
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 12:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
bah they're not even key items >< stop confusing me !

They are! When you trade them in you get key items:P
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-28 12:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Oooo I didn't know that... Now I feel stupid for dropping some ><
Oh well, I have no interest in scnm's anymore
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 12:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Oh actually i remember reading that only one person in the party has to have them, so if have a friend with them i dont need them... although i have no idea how i would gather enough people.

Molions over Vendetta with no earring? (/sigh i want it T.T)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 12:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Oh actually i remember reading that only one person in the party has to have them, so if have a friend with them i dont need them... although i have no idea how i would gather enough people.

Molions over Vendetta with no earring? (/sigh i want it T.T)

Idk if I remember correctly, but I think you need rajas to get a 6hit with moli tho =/

With a 528 delay scythe 1stp and /sam is enough to get you a 6hit no matter what.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 13:07:47
Link | Citer | R

wish i knew all the math jumbo so i could work out which scythe is better with my gear (not enough stp for 6hit with moliones)- this is without the suprem earring for vendetta if anyone wants to try :o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 13:11:20
Link | Citer | R

wish i knew all the math jumbo so i could work out which scythe is better with my gear (not enough stp for 6hit with moliones)- this is without the suprem earring for vendetta if anyone wants to try :o

Yeah, not enough STP to get a 6hit with 501 delay scythes.
Even with Rajas + brutal you need to land multiple hits on guillotine to get a 6hit.
So with a 528 delay scythe chiv chain is enough to net you a perma 6hit.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-28 14:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Ok so, Vendetta> Moliones (without the earring for Vend and the stp for moliones)?
First Page 2