Getting The Shaft?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Getting the shaft?
Getting the shaft?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-08-25 08:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Even though it's very vague at the moment, does it sound like we're getting the shaft in the next level cap?

Perhaps this "Magic that helps manage enmity" will be for us but it doesn't sound like we're getting much.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-25 08:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Even though it's very vague at the moment, does it sound like we're getting the shaft in the next level cap?

Perhaps this "Magic that helps manage enmity" will be for us but it doesn't sound like we're getting much.

I'm a pld dieheart, yet... I still don't think that pld has gotten the shaft. I mean, last update there was alot of good stuff. You cannot get good stuff EVERY time. We'll get Pro5 and the sort, Someone was saying we should get cure V, but cure V does less hate then IV, so IMO it'd be a moot spell.

Also, on the note. Every job is complaining 'We're being shafted' or 'We're getting shitty update again' basicly everyone is QQing about this extremely, EXTREMELY vague release of info. Well everyone except theifs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-25 08:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:

I hope it's for DRK, like some hate-shedding dark magic. In a sense, that'll help Paladin a bit.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-08-25 08:57:53
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

I'm a pld dieheart, yet... I still don't think that pld has gotten the shaft. I mean, last update there was alot of good stuff. You cannot get good stuff EVERY time. We'll get Pro5 and the sort, Someone was saying we should get cure V, but cure V does less hate then IV, so IMO it'd be a moot spell.

Also, on the note. Every job is complaining 'We're being shafted' or 'We're getting shitty update again' basicly everyone is QQing about this extremely, EXTREMELY vague release of info. Well everyone except theifs.
That is true, the last update was good to us but at the end of the day when a new update comes, everyone wants their job to get something and it's boring when you don't!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-25 09:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Deadwing said:
If the hate controlling spells don't go to paladin only, then yes they'll most certainly be getting the shaft. With the new fast cast and aquaveil changes a hate spell on rdm would put it ahead of paladin hands down... My money is that there is going to be Flash 2 or something lame and it'll be paladin onry. They wouldn't kill the rdm/ninja tank and then revive them again the next update when they're still just as overpowered for tanking if not more so.

I personally forsee tanks getting some kinda hate spell, caster DD, maybe even some melee DD, getting a spell or JA to lower hate somehow. Flash 2 for pld is likely in the works, and some kinda hate ninjutsu is in the works likely too. I know its not on topic, But they need to throw nin a bone for tanking. I'm not sure if adding utsu:san would revive them even..

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-08-25 09:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't Utsusemi: San make Nin ridiculously overpowered? At least for solo. Anything that doesn't spam attacks that either bypass or wipe shadows would be effortlessly tanked by a nin.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-25 09:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Deadwing said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Asura.Deadwing said:
If the hate controlling spells don't go to paladin only, then yes they'll most certainly be getting the shaft. With the new fast cast and aquaveil changes a hate spell on rdm would put it ahead of paladin hands down... My money is that there is going to be Flash 2 or something lame and it'll be paladin onry. They wouldn't kill the rdm/ninja tank and then revive them again the next update when they're still just as overpowered for tanking if not more so.

I personally forsee tanks getting some kinda hate spell, caster DD, maybe even some melee DD, getting a spell or JA to lower hate somehow. Flash 2 for pld is likely in the works, and some kinda hate ninjutsu is in the works likely too. I know its not on topic, But they need to throw nin a bone for tanking. I'm not sure if adding utsu:san would revive them even..

All that ninja needs to be revived is a way to spam CE spells... the way they usedto could.Tthey don't even need another shadow spell though it'd sure help.

Edit: And agreed ninja deserves a tanking bone

True, true.. but my last mention of nin is I'm not pro-nin, do not mistake me. I hate nin, and now back to pld talk XD

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nightdragon
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Nightdragon 2010-08-25 09:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Everyone is thinking that the hate spells are going to the tanks. But when I read the information, I took it as a spell that you cast on the tank to increase hate. Sort of like the BRD merit spells.

Just my intitial take on it when I read it. Thought I would throw it out there :)
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-25 09:56:15
Link | Citer | R

If you look at the picture it shows the SCHOLAR using the spell..

so it'll go with Libra quite easily id assume
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-25 10:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I immedietly thought it would be a new sch spell. Seeing they got the enmity ja, makes sense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-25 10:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:

I really wouldn't expect omgwtfbbq spells and abilities until the 90s. Same for armor and other endgame stuff.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-25 10:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:

Definitely not getting anything individually from this increase, likely from later ones though. The enmity spells seem interesting, depends if raises your +enmity or simply increases current CE by %. The latter would be awesome. Also, PDT songs, if they exceed 50% cap you could very well be waving goodbye to /NIN. Probably not likely though.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-26 12:53:01
Link | Citer | R

It's a little too early to be sounding the alarms about getting shafted. Paladin is a pretty solid job in general, if anything it's the tank role as a whole that needs an overhaul in this game.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-08-27 00:46:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
It's a little too early to be sounding the alarms about getting shafted. Paladin is a pretty solid job in general, if anything it's the tank role as a whole that needs an overhaul in this game.

DDs > Aegiscats
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 02:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
^

Need some legitimately dangerous NMs that can't be tanked by MNKs, DRKs, and SAMs, and probably an overhaul of the enmity system along with that...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-27 03:05:57
Link | Citer | R

I dont think PLD is gonna get the enmity-thingy-spells.
SCH recently got Libra, I'm gonna put my money on SCH getting that new spell thingy too.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 03:10:05
Link | Citer | R

It is for SCH, but casting on tanks would be interesting, increase tank enmity, lower others. Still doesn't fix PLD in that using a DD tank is still more optimal however =\
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-08-27 03:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Deadwing said:
And agreed ninja deserves a tanking bone
Ninja =/= tank
I still stand by this argument
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-27 03:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It is for SCH, but casting on tanks would be interesting, increase tank enmity, lower others. Still doesn't fix PLD in that using a DD tank is still more optimal however =\

Probably just gonna be used to reduce hate, but yeah.
Personally I still trust a PLD more than I would trust a dd-tank, depending on the situation ofc, but mostly I prefer a PLD:P
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-27 03:57:47
Link | Citer | R

The fact that Atonement is gimp in abyssea is not helping PLD at all either.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 04:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Asura.Deadwing said:
Ninja =/= tank
Then what the *** is it, aside from the least useful job in FFXI? I'm not normally one to pull that card but ***, NIN can't do ***these days.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-08-27 04:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Asura.Deadwing said:
Ninja =/= tank
Then what the *** is it, aside from the least useful job in FFXI? I'm not normally one to pull that card but ***, NIN can't do ***these days.

Throwing DD, of course! /blm and spam the crap out of ninjistu! do some damage! go go!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 04:20:15
Link | Citer | R

PLD severely needs an update. Way more than any of the jobs updated imo.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-08-27 04:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
PLD severely needs an update. Way more than any of the jobs updated imo.

might be forgetting pup in that, perhaps the job that needs the most updating ever.
First Page 2