Getting The Shaft?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Getting the shaft?
Getting the shaft?
 Ifrit.Zibo
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-27 04:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Ok I saw "Getting the shaft" and Flionheart and I couldn't help but point out the irony.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-27 04:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
PLD severely needs an update. Way more than any of the jobs updated imo.

might be forgetting pup in that, perhaps the job that needs the most updating ever.

what? pup got massive updates over the years so far... C >> B h2h says hi ^^. whm turban, blm turban and their upgrades over the years have been nothing short of awesome as well... MAYBE... MAYBE we could use 1 or 2 attachments or something...maybe a better fast cast attachment? But that might be a lil too strong (Manabooster is ok..I do set it, but its not THAT great).
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-08-27 04:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

might be forgetting pup in that, perhaps the job that needs the most updating ever.

what? pup got massive updates over the years so far... C >> B h2h says hi ^^. whm turban, blm turban and their upgrades over the years have been nothing short of awesome as well... MAYBE... MAYBE we could use 1 or 2 attachments or something...maybe a better fast cast attachment? But that might be a lil too strong (Manabooster is ok..I do set it, but its not THAT great).

just give me a DRK or MNK (or even a THF) auto, something that uses melee DD, and ill be happy forever
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 04:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Ok I saw "Getting the shaft" and Flionheart and I couldn't help but point out the irony.

What?

I don't understand, What's ironic?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-08-27 04:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

What?

i think he's saying you enjoy the shaft
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-27 05:49:30
Link | Citer | R

is anyone else amused by the enlight, and to an extent endark to drks?

as to the getting shafted no. rdm hate getting nerfed to hell plus phalanx was our update, we will get new stuff in december most likely.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 05:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

What?

i think he's saying you enjoy the shaft

That's not irony, it's fact :/
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-27 06:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

And what exactly about PLD severely needs an update? I'd be happy if they ever made Cover worth a ***but other than that we're pretty well off.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-27 06:32:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't think PLD really needs an update, but I'm not going to lie; if it got a really nice update for no reason, I would be terribly happy. Really fun job to play.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 06:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Wish cover could target anyone in alliance and not require you to stand in front of them =\ Enmity system could use some tweaks
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-27 06:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Wish cover could target anyone in alliance and not require you to stand in front of them =\ Enmity system could use some tweaks

This plus a slightly longer duration would make me a happycat. Really though, covering someone without standing infront of them would be great by itself. It's not so much that running infront of them is a big deal, as I'm sure you know, it's that on bigger mobs it's not always that simple. Failure Amano tanks Tiamat with me and when it has mighty strikes up and terrors him, being infront of him isn't always good enough. Silly dargons. :|
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 06:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah duration is pretty horrible, shame, any kind of tweak to it could really make surcoat worthwhile to carry around.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-27 06:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
is anyone else amused by the enlight, and to an extent endark to drks?

as to the getting shafted no. rdm hate getting nerfed to hell plus phalanx was our update, we will get new stuff in december most likely.

Just sucks that add effects dont give out any enmity, so enlight isnt gonna help pld very much other than deal slighly more dmg D:
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-27 06:44:00
Link | Citer | R

But my pretty gold sword that I never melee with already has enlight. :(
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 06:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Contrary to the hundreds of PLDs I see using it all the time ._.
 Phoenix.Avelle
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-27 06:51:24
Link | Citer | R

I lied, I secretly melee Tia with it because counter + mighty strikes + joyeuse scares me. :(
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-08-27 06:52:15
Link | Citer | R

I carry my surcoat around everywhere when I'm on pld. Yeah adjusting cover would be nice, it would make it work for the people out there who I've seen not using it correctly.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-27 06:54:52
Link | Citer | R

The Enmity managing magic is for Scholar... It couldn't be more obvious...

Animus Augeo (Raise Enmity)

Animus Minuo (Lower Enmity)

Both SCH85.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-27 10:09:27
Link | Citer | R

I think its funny people think this jobs needs an update. Since it gained shield mastery years ago it has been one of the most powerful jobs in the game by far. The fact it can't DD is the only reason its not top for tanking atm.

What really needs an update are SE's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** strategys in this game. The fact everything this game releases can be shadow tanked takes away from tanking jobs. WOW has avoidence tanking in Evasion, Parry, and Shield blocking but nothing like this. I've always felt that the fact ppl tank with utsu was a major err in this game. If they had nerfed blink tanking years ago PLD would still be on top with AA rotations.
By Damrod 2010-08-27 10:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:
... I've always felt that the fact ppl tank with utsu was a major err in this game. If they had nerfed blink tanking years ago PLD would still be on top with AA rotations.

This ^.^ is the downfall of Pld.

Se originally said when ppl started blink tanking with Nin that they never intended for the job to be played that way. Now here's what's funny. Every other single time people figured out a way around SE's intended plan...it got nerfed (I'm looking at first AV kills >.>)

Why they didn't fix nin way back then?...Who F'ing knows, but they should have...

I know why, just look at historical precedence...every ninja leapt into the middle of a fight, shouted "swing at me! swing at me! and took on all opponents face to face"

The sneaking, poisoning and backstabbing were all myths...>.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-08-27 14:36:59
Link | Citer | R

I was looking forward to them adding something like a hasso-type ability that decreases CE loss from taking damage, increases PDT+MDT-% and increases block rate to make bloodtanking a viable option. Silly SE.