By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-08-17 12:23:34
Link | Citer | R

I've been focusing on 5 slots. My current TP setup:

Walahra Turban
Dragon Harness
Dusk Gloves
Dusk Trousers
Dragon Leggins +1

Now of course at 78 I have access to Aurore.

I've compared the 2 sets. I'll put my Current on the left and Aurore on the right:

HP 85 - 0
Haste 8 - 11
DEF 130 - 160
DEX 10 - 13
AGI 10 - 12
ATTACK 32 - 0
SUB. Blow 10 - 0
RANG. ACC 10 - 17
ACCURACY 0 - 17
STR 0 - 8
EVASION 0 - 13
DOUB ATTK 0 - 2
STORE TP 0 - 8

So based on my setup, Aurore has a slight advantage in dex, agi, and double attack. Huge advantage in accuracy, ranged accuracy, haste, evasion and strength.

Big problem though. Current setup has 32 attack while Aurore will get me nothing. Now I'm doubting.

Really only using my theif for cape terrigan pages, farming, and running through promy and zilart missions so I haven't seen many IT mobs. I'm still leaving slightly on the Aurore stuff, or should I break it up and only buy a few pieces while missing out on the store TP bonus?
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-17 12:29:20
Link | Citer | R

if you look at the stats, its a definite improvement, the gear barely costs anything, why not get it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-08-17 12:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
if you look at the stats, its a definite improvement, the gear barely costs anything, why not get it?

The question I have is when it comes to EP mobs I have no problem hitting. Will I be losing more in the -32 attack, then what I would be gaining with the extra haste and accuracy along with the other improvements.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-17 12:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:

The question I have is when it comes to EP mobs I have no problem hitting. Will I be losing more in the -32 attack, then what I would be gaining with the extra haste and accuracy along with the other improvements.

well since haste sux, stick to your attack +32
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-08-17 12:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
well since haste sux, stick to your attack +32

LOL - okay point taken. thinking it through more, the added DEF and Evasion means less bloody bolts and shihei as well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-17 12:42:08
Link | Citer | R

Or you could just add Aurore legs and feet to your current TP set. Just a thought.

EDIT: and maybe body, idk... Honestly just assumed you had Rapp on given your choice of targets, didn't see Dragon Harness.

EDIT2: Between the two bodies I'll go with Dragon Harness in your situation, but really, Rapparee is hot stuff.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-17 12:54:51
Link | Citer | R

sub dnc, then you don't need shihei or bloody bolts!

you can use dragon harness until rap harness for tping, or you can get the aurore body for the double attack and decent evasion. legs and feet are definite improvements.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-17 12:55:43
Link | Citer | R

78 homam legs went away, macro onry for last second in ichi and full cast of ni

in went aurore legs for TP

i enjoy my 22% haste :o

wow set this up as a GOAL for THF
and now i just need auric from abyssea and 4 more eyes to upgrade to Athame (OAT), then 10 shells and 20 horns

almost done

but srsly
haste+acc > att

edit: kill those EP mobs faster, get good with sleep bolts to SA WS etc etc etc lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-17 13:01:07
Link | Citer | R

probably doesn't need much acc if all he's fighting is EP mobs
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-08-17 13:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
sub dnc, then you don't need shihei or bloody bolts! you can use dragon harness until rap harness for tping, or you can get the aurore body for the double attack and decent evasion. legs and feet are definite improvements.

I don't have dnc unlocked, not sure if I want to level another job. Although you defineitly gave me something to think about.....

Damnit, now I have to go to the wiki to read abou the dancer quest. damnit to hell.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2010-08-17 13:23:54
Link | Citer | R

THF/DNC is fun, especially now that DNC has native DW. When the level cap hits 90+ we'll have haste samba access also. I'm currently leveling DNC up so it'll not be a gimped subjob (currently 46/49), but I could see taking it higher since a lot of the gear THF gets DNC can use also (that's kind of off topic though).

For EP/DC stuff, <3 haste... I used rapp harness for body until I got my +10acc +3% dw ACP body.

My current TP set:

(I had Rajas but traded for Tamas.) Some items are easily swapped for EP-ish mobs... there's a lot of acc in the set that could be replaced for more damage probably (neck, ring).

Mostly mirroring other comments already made, but hope this helps some.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 05:31:44
Link | Citer | R

This is what I TP in pretty much, still waiting on homam feet and hands to drop for me though.

It's nothing spectacular really, pretty much the same as I used @ 75, only switched homam pants and dusk feet for aurore legs/feet.

I'm not gonna spend millions on gear until lv cap is 99 and I know what I've got to chose from really. But then again, I'm only a TH4 *** when I'm on THF anyway, so I guess I can basically go nekkid as long as I bring my knife and my hands ><

Edit: Azoth and Blau switced places for some reason.
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-18 05:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
This is what I TP in pretty much, still waiting on homam feet and hands to drop for me though.

It's nothing spectacular really, pretty much the same as I used @ 75, only switched homam pants and dusk feet for aurore legs/feet.

I'm not gonna spend millions on gear until lv cap is 99 and I know what I've got to chose from really. But then again, I'm only a TH4 *** when I'm on THF anyway, so I guess I can basically go nekkid as long as I bring my knife and my hands ><

Edit: Azoth and Blau switced places for some reason.

Your body... It confuses me.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 05:36:27
Link | Citer | R

lol, was supposed to be rapparee ofcourse!

edit: there we go lol

Leviathan.Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-18 05:39:19
Link | Citer | R

That's better... I was like, wtf, this guy looks like he knows what he's doing... Then I see the body and I'm like o.0
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 05:41:23
Link | Citer | R

heh, yea I have no idea how that body ended up there lol. I have the body though, but never really found any use for it. Guess it could be used as a TA piece <.<
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-08-18 05:44:46
Link | Citer | R

If you're too poor to afford a Dragon Harness maybe? Lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-18 05:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Ashaaman said:
If you're too poor to afford a Dragon Harness maybe? Lol

Yea, its like 10 k these days? When my THF first dinged 73 I think it was way over 1 mil for that body lol.