New MNK Gear Combos At Lvl 75+?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » New MNK gear combos at lvl 75+?
New MNK gear combos at lvl 75+?
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Helixx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-11 08:35:25
Link | Citer | R

With the addition of abyssea and new gear MNK has received several nice items. After looking at some gear I thought it would be good to replace the turban + melee gloves that I have for new armor:

With Changing:
W-turban -> Usu.somen
Melee Gloves -> Aurore gloves

I would loose the
-16 att
-3%hp
-30hp
-4 s.b.

I would gain:
+7 STR
+7 AGI
+7 acc
+7 eva

Is it worth it? Talking uncapped acc situation here (hnm / NM's / abyssea).
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-11 08:37:27
Link | Citer | R

I think you're way low on accuracy

Sorry I can't contribute much else :P I'm outdated!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-11 08:42:34
Link | Citer | R

Should look into magian weapons combo.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 08:47:29
Link | Citer | R

HP, AGI and Subtle Blow aren’t going affect your damage in any meaningful way, so we can ignore them.

So it comes down to 7STR and 7ACC vs 16 ATT

The simple answer is if you are uncapped then the set new set will win.

But without knowing what your hit rate is, I can’t be specific about how much better the set will be. Generally speaking, MNK isn’t a great job for high level HNM/NM style mobs and as others have said, I think you will be very low on accuracy for most things in abyssea
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-11 08:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Why would you use less haste? You can now hit haste gear cap with aurore gloves. Eat pizza, put your damn W.turban back on, and switch to usu feet if you have them.

edit: Ursine claws coupled with poise shoes are pretty potent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-11 09:01:31
Link | Citer | R

1) i don't have usu feet, SSR boss is very stingy on 25 piece.
2) i am staying at 25% haste, and of course pizza included.

If people say I am low on acc, what can I get for gear to improve? Stay real.
Usu body / usu feet / toreador ring, are the only 3 improvement, but the body + ring are out of question with my current gil-reserves. Remember, not everyone is a millionair.

Should I switch to Hollow Earring / Pcc?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 09:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're seriously in need of accuracy then swapping Faith out would be a bad idea, assuming merits it should be raising your D. I'd say your second set trumps the first unless you find yourself far from attack cap. If you're still in need of accuracy then hollow is a solid upgrade, but PCC not so much.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 09:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Things you could do to improve your hit rate:

PCC (although as Darkanaseur mentioned there is D to account for)
N.Kotes/Usu hands
Accuracy earring (Hollow)
Not use MNK on HNMs

Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-11 09:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Your not really hitting haste cap with that gear, its like 25.6% or something. Id keep faith on skill helps your damage too. Cuchulain's mantle, might be a bit expensive, tiphia sting, astrolabe.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 09:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:

N.Kotes/Usu hands
Not use MNK on HNMs

With a strong kick attack build, mnks can do pretty well on HNM these days apparently.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 09:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Your not really hitting haste cap with that gear, its like 25.6% or something. Id keep faith on skill helps your damage too. Cuchulain's mantle, might be a bit expensive, tiphia sting, astrolabe.

Cap is 25%, it's just Haste gear gives slightly lower (decimal) than what it says on the tin. I'm not positive on each of those pieces haste value /1024 but I would highly doubt it's .6 under cap. Usu/BB is only ~.3 under it.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 09:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

N.Kotes/Usu hands
Not use MNK on HNMs

With a strong kick attack build, mnks can do pretty well on HNM these days apparently.

They can, but the OP doesn't seem to interested in going down the kick attack route.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-11 09:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helixx said:
With the addition of abyssea and new gear MNK has received several nice items. After looking at some gear I thought it would be good to replace the turban + melee gloves that I have for new armor:

With Changing:
W-turban -> Usu.somen
Melee Gloves -> Aurore gloves

I would loose the
-16 att
-3%hp
-30hp
-4 s.b.

I would gain:
+7 STR
+7 AGI
+7 acc
+7 eva

Is it worth it? Talking uncapped acc situation here (hnm / NM's / abyssea).

Just use turban and either acc+10 or the new acc+13 gloves if you really need the accuracy:P
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-11 09:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

N.Kotes/Usu hands
Not use MNK on HNMs

They can, but the OP doesn't seem to interested in going down the kick attack route.

I am going down that route, just did not want another derailed "get 2-3hit weapon hurr hurr" topic. Specified my question, got answer, ty :)
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-08-11 20:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Take that Usu head off and /storage it until you have the whole set. Put your turban back on and drop Aurore gloves for Noritsune Kote. Drop the Storm Loop and get a Diabolos's Earring or Hollow Earring. Change Forager's to Sharpeye/Cuch/Belenos' Mantle. You can also get a Tiphia Sting to TP in instead of that bomblet. Astrolabe is nice too.

Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-11 20:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Take that Usu head off and /storage it until you have the whole set. Put your turban back on and drop Aurore gloves for Noritsune Kote. Drop the Storm Loop and get a Diabolos's Earring or Hollow Earring. Change Forager's to Sharpeye/Cuch/Belenos' Mantle. You can also get a Tiphia Sting to TP in instead of that bomblet. Astrolabe is nice too.

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Why would you use less haste? You can now hit haste gear cap with aurore gloves. Eat pizza, put your damn W.turban back on, and switch to usu feet if you have them.

edit: Ursine claws coupled with poise shoes are pretty potent.
Ifrit.Vextra said:

its been said already but thanks for repeating it.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-08-11 21:20:17
Link | Citer | R

If you're going to do that you should go into just about every gear thread on this site.

Didn't see anyone tell him Usukane Somen is worthless until you have the whole set, didn't see anyone mention the name of the "acc+10 hands", offered Diabolos's Earring as an alternative if he doesn't want to redo AN for a Hollow earring, offered a less expensive alternative to Cuch's and a better back for Footwork builds.

But, if you insist, he could also get the Lava/Kusha ring set to replace the Rajas/Blood Ring pairing as it's more accuracy. Obviously keep Rajas on if you're using Footwork.

Without knowing what kind of endgame activities he does I didn't want to recommend things like Black Tathlum or Lucky Coin, but if you're going to get on my *** about being original they're there. He could also use Usukane Gote instead of Noritsune. He could use a Cobra Unit Harness for 1 more acc over Shura Togi which would also help his Footwork build with 6 Store TP.

Honestly, accuracy shouldn't even be much of an issue at level 80 with H2H merits. Assuming he doesn't have those though, I'd recommend switching to PCC/Ancient's Torque. I parse at around 93% in Abyssea on MNK with NQ pizza, it's not hard.
By ejiboo 2010-08-12 23:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:

But, if you insist, he could also get the Lava/Kusha ring set to replace the Rajas/Blood Ring pairing as it's more accuracy. Obviously keep Rajas on if you're using Footwork.

I've been camping these two fools pretty hardcore recently, got one and just working on the other ***dorp. would these be a sin to use over rajas/xxx ring with focus down? with focus up? i do not have a black belt so using aurore gloves is a must so i cannot add any acc there, turban is a must, i just got d body, i have no ACC mantle although i may work on the one from abyssea, i have no faith torque although it's not too far from reach (just LS points >.< even if i do it with 3-6), i do not have cash for a toreader or sniper+1.

i've heard through the grapevine rajas doesn't contribute too much to mnk as 12acc/6att would, but on the other hand i've also heard the reverse.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-12 23:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Rajas or bust.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-12 23:44:30
Link | Citer | R

If you manage to get a PCC/Ancient torque and usukane gote or n.kote you should be able to get a good hit rating and just keep the turban on without sacrificing your foragers for the expensive stuff.

Don't have any numbers or math to back this up, just a plausible observation.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-12 23:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
If you're going to do that you should go into just about every gear thread on this site.

Didn't see anyone tell him Usukane Somen is worthless until you have the whole set, didn't see anyone mention the name of the "acc+10 hands", offered Diabolos's Earring as an alternative if he doesn't want to redo AN for a Hollow earring, offered a less expensive alternative to Cuch's and a better back for Footwork builds.

Without knowing what kind of endgame activities he does I didn't want to recommend things like Black Tathlum or Lucky Coin, but if you're going to get on my *** about being original they're there. He could also use Usukane Gote instead of Noritsune. He could use a Cobra Unit Harness for 1 more acc over Shura Togi which would also help his Footwork build with 6 Store TP.

Honestly, accuracy shouldn't even be much of an issue at level 80 with H2H merits. Assuming he doesn't have those though, I'd recommend switching to PCC/Ancient's Torque. I parse at around 93% in Abyssea on MNK with NQ pizza, it's not hard.

Except OP's set also hits 93% accuracy with pizza and still offers pretty nice offensive stats.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-12 23:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:

...jealous?
 Bismarck.Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-13 00:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Just to clarify:
Mithra (hight dex)
8/8 h2h merits

events: salvage, VNM, ZNM, BCNM/KSNM, Dynamis, Sea.
Food: NQ pizza, sometimes HQ if lowman.

I am actually pretty shocked that my set seems so bad (?!) as I never really had problems hitting monsters.

Well that being said, I put Hollow earring in my DD set and I'm currently working on usu feet/hands, but as you all know drop rates are not too kind.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-08-13 00:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Haste wise without full Usukane how would these haste options be?

Turban-5
Aurore Gloves-2
Black Belt- 12
B.Haidate-5
Usukane Feet-2

26%

Haste cap is 25 but don't you need 26% in gear to fully cap it? At least that's what I know from working on Rune Chopper builds.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-08-13 04:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

...jealous?

Of someone who uses a Domaru? Not really.

You should be able to cap accuracy in most events without using accuracy food, especially in Salvage. I use curry for everything but Abyssea and still always parse over 90%.

Aurore Gloves aren't worth it if you have a Black Belt. Use attack or accuracy hands. Usukane Sune-ate is a worthwhile trade-off from Fumas.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 04:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Ursine OAThrice claws + Poise shoes + Footwork. Do it.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-13 04:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

...jealous?

You should be able to cap accuracy in most events without using accuracy food, especially in Salvage. I use curry for everything but Abyssea and still always parse over 90%.

Aurore Gloves aren't worth it if you have a Black Belt. Use attack or accuracy hands. Usukane Sune-ate is a worthwhile trade-off from Fumas.

better than someone who tp's in fishing gear
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 10:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:

Wrong, you're likely getting a small return from +20 attack gloves in the first place before eating food. It's relative to what you're fighting, but I already said he has 93% hit rate with his current set, Usu would be more wrong.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-08-13 15:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

Wrong, you're likely getting a small return from +20 attack gloves in the first place before eating food. It's relative to what you're fighting, but I already said he has 93% hit rate with his current set, Usu would be more wrong.

93% on what? If you're using Greater Colibri as your benchmark then there's a problem. If you aren't at 95% on Lolibri with pizza at 80 I dunno what to tell you.

How would Usu be more wrong than the attack hands you just said wouldn't have an impact? If he's not capped (which you just said he isn't on your mystery mob) they'll do more than the .29% Haste he'll get off using Aurore hands. That's a 1.12 delay reduction. Hell, you're so set on using pizza, swap the turban to an Acubens Helm and you're capped on Haste without wasting your hand slot.

I don't even know how to respond to TPing in fishing gear.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-08-13 15:54:12
Link | Citer | R

I use Anwig Salade with (acc+10 att+5 & STR+4 WS acc+ 15)
for when i need acc then switch to turban if i dont need acc
First Page 2