New MNK Gear Combos At Lvl 75+?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » New MNK gear combos at lvl 75+?
New MNK gear combos at lvl 75+?
 Valefor.Brocklee
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-26 07:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
I think you're way low on accuracy

Sorry I can't contribute much else :P I'm outdated!
Why are mnks these days so obsessed with acc?? What happened to str mnks from back in the day? I still go str>acc andI have no problem hitting my targets and out DDing everyone except a rng on birds.

That's just me though.
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-26 07:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Brocklee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Why are mnks these days so obsessed with acc?? What happened to str mnks from back in the day? I still go str>acc andI have no problem hitting my targets and out DDing everyone except a rng on birds.

That's just me though.

Likely exaggerated claims aside, I was never a mathfag, it is just my mentality while playing to make sure I hit before I tried to add damage to that hit.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 07:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Valefor.Brocklee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

That's just me though.

Likely exaggerated claims aside, I was never a mathfag, it is just my mentality while playing to make sure I hit before I tried to add damage to that hit.

*thumbs up for spence*
Wish all the lolmonks here would do that rather than ask for acc buffs.. :P
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-26 08:02:58
Link | Citer | R

ejiboo said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

But, if you insist, he could also get the Lava/Kusha ring set to replace the Rajas/Blood Ring pairing as it's more accuracy. Obviously keep Rajas on if you're using Footwork.

I've been camping these two fools pretty hardcore recently, got one and just working on the other ***dorp. would these be a sin to use over rajas/xxx ring with focus down? with focus up? i do not have a black belt so using aurore gloves is a must so i cannot add any acc there, turban is a must, i just got d body, i have no ACC mantle although i may work on the one from abyssea, i have no faith torque although it's not too far from reach (just LS points >.< even if i do it with 3-6), i do not have cash for a toreader or sniper+1.

i've heard through the grapevine rajas doesn't contribute too much to mnk as 12acc/6att would, but on the other hand i've also heard the reverse.

lol I told you rajas...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-26 09:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:

93% on what? If you're using Greater Colibri as your benchmark then there's a problem. If you aren't at 95% on Lolibri with pizza at 80 I dunno what to tell you.

How would Usu be more wrong than the attack hands you just said wouldn't have an impact? If he's not capped (which you just said he isn't on your mystery mob) they'll do more than the .29% Haste he'll get off using Aurore hands. That's a 1.12 delay reduction. Hell, you're so set on using pizza, swap the turban to an Acubens Helm and you're capped on Haste without wasting your hand slot.

I don't even know how to respond to TPing in fishing gear.

93% on whatever ffxicalc uses as a benchmark mob, I assume Lizards or something. So dropping attack hands for 10acc gloves which would only be over shooting accuracy cap would be a weaker option honestly.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-26 09:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Brocklee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

That's just my imagination + eye balling combo though.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-26 09:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Brocklee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

That's just my imagination + eye balling combo though.

lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-26 09:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Brocklee said:
Fairy.Spence said:

That's just me though.

Oh god...

Also lol @ rng on birds.

What the hell is going on in this thread, it's like 2005!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-26 09:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I guess he made a sequel?

Girl this is my sorry for 2005 and I don't wanna mess up no more!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-26 09:42:49
Link | Citer | R

If you're having accuracy issues, get yourself a lucky coin from Yilbegan.

8 accuracy on an ammo slot.
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 21:05:10
Link | Citer | R

MNK accuracy isn't bad, plus what you miss can be made up with food. Not saying I completely neglect acc, but my mind goes str first, acc if I have problems that food can't handle.

But all in all it doesn't matter with Usukane. It doesn't give as much str as I'd like but the haste makes up for it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-27 21:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Post your set maybe?
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-27 21:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Brocklee said:
MNK accuracy isn't bad, plus what you miss can be made up with food. Not saying I completely neglect acc, but my mind goes str first, acc if I have problems that food can't handle.

But all in all it doesn't matter with Usukane. It doesn't give as much str as I'd like but the haste makes up for it.

monk accuracy is pretty bad, even with full h2h merits

also depends on what food you are eating

if h2h would be considered two hander than that would be a different story.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-27 21:46:42
Link | Citer | R

I saw "Str > acc" and my jaw dropped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 21:48:37
Link | Citer | R

darkmaffxi said:

Shouldn't be that bad with pizza honestly, though STR everywhere is pushing your luck on newer content without really good gear. Even then, depends on the mob in question.
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-27 21:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
darkmaffxi said:

Shouldn't be that bad with pizza honestly, though STR everywhere is pushing your luck on newer content without really good gear...

depends on your gear, merits and what you are fighting

full usu monk, with toradoes and cuch mantle, plus hand to hand merits should be able to get away with eating meat dishes

brocklee might have full focus merits or something<.<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 21:56:06
Link | Citer | R

darkmaffxi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
darkmaffxi said:

Shouldn't be that bad with pizza honestly, though STR everywhere is pushing your luck on newer content without really good gear...

depends on your gear, merits and what you are fighting

full usu monk, with toradoes and cuch mantle, plus hand to hand merits should be able to get away with eating meat dishes

brocklee might have full focus merits or something<.<
Pizza + Forager's + Flame > meat + Cuch + Toreador's unless you're popping RCBs. More STR, more acc, more attack, and more freedom in your WS set.
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 22:13:33
Link | Citer | R

No I do not have fully merit focus >.>

Look, I'm not saying I completely neglect acc. I just don't go crazy about it as much as others. Maybe I go 1/4 (higher pending mob) on acc and the rest I catch up on food. but as a priority I go for str when a lot of gear gives a crazy +acc.

The reason I go str > acc is because a lot of gear gives a significant amount of acc over str. For example ohat, shura togi, (usukane in general) among others, including Tapian claws with the dex/acc and Hades Sainti (which more people then usual are putting over Destroyers now a days).
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-27 22:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Hades are for tanking/eva onry?
But when it comes to food, pizza > all for most DD's. So depending on how much acc you sacrifice may or may not really matter.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 22:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Last I heard STR Taipans >>> DEX Taipans... hard to make good trades on that acc during Focus given all the other swaps you'd make anyway. Better to put the acc in slots where you can swap it out if you don't need it first.
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 22:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know that, but I still see some mnk using Hades for DD (which I still can't figure out). but with the way SE is going, it won't matter because all mnks will focus on the footwork build, even now it's rewarding, so I'm not going to be surprised if more +kick attack/acc gear is introduced. Both erasing my view on mnk and changing my equipment priority in bundle of updates.

Out of curiosity I tested out the kick attack build and it was rewarding, but I prefer to punch > footwork for now. That will likely change in the near future though.

By darkmaffxi 2010-08-27 22:30:20
Link | Citer | R

I hope they let us upgrade dune boots???

sexy galka beast how much hp from chackra you get?
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 22:32:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm anticipating Black Belt Magian trials. There's your acc boost right there. No doubt it'd be a ridiculous amount if indeed that's the aim it goes for. I can only dream, but hopefully my dream comes true :D
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-27 22:34:10
Link | Citer | R

or SE will come out with a new belt and name is pink belt?
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 22:37:13
Link | Citer | R

if they make a new belt I'll probably get a little upset. It took me long enough to get Black Belt. I'm willing to bet they either introduce a +1, make it augmented or make it apart of a quest for something like a Black Belt Tier II or something. I don't think they'll just ignore it.

Maybe they'll toss a kick attacks augment on it
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-27 22:43:12
Link | Citer | R

they did come out with shaolin belt, which Enhances "Martial Arts" effect

so most likely they will come out with some sort of a new belt. might have subtle blow + martial arts + haste or something else
 Valefor.Brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-08-27 22:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Shaolin Belt seems more aimed towards pups then mnk. I don't see a mnk going shaolin belt > black belt