Footwork TP and WS sets
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-03 10:10:49
Link | Citer | R

What would be the ideal TP and WS sets for full time footwork?

Going to start working on the attacks 2-3 times h2h weapon, and actively put together a full time footwork set.

Just wondering what you guys think would be the optimal set.
 Alexander.Temaruma
Serveur: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-03 10:43:57
Link | Citer | R

For tp I would say something along these lines

And for WS

These are roughly the sets I am aiming for.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-03 10:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Pizza is the current jazz. cuch mantle and hollow is probably overkill on acc, and even if not, then definitely so with focus up.

Also, brutal for TP w/ ursine probably isn't the best for the slot
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-03 11:02:32
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't think of anything else =P
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-03 11:15:42
Link | Citer | R

So I should keep my h2h merits then eh?

For TP I was thinking about substituing the lucky coin (8 acc) in the ammo slot and being able to change out that Toreador ring.

I'm also not able to get Usukane for tp, but I can manage with other alternatives.

Other than that, the rest was most of what I was thinking.

I'd be interested in seeing your sets Tiger.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-05 07:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Can I ask why haste isn't (or doesn't appear to be) as important with full time footwork? And also... I gather that double attack (at least from brutal) has no effect on the OAT2-3 weapon?

Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-08-05 08:00:54
Link | Citer | R

There's a problem with your WS set you have there. You don't have enough Store TP equipped to maintain a 6 hit build after your initial weapon skill. You need to have at least +12 Store TP equipped when you weapon skill if I remember correctly to maintain a 6 hit build.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-08-05 08:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Can I ask why haste isn't (or doesn't appear to be) as important with full time footwork? And also... I gather that double attack (at least from brutal) has no effect on the OAT2-3 weapon?

Haste is important, that set has 26%. 4 from head, 12 from belt, 5 legs and 5 feet = 26.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-05 08:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Haste is important, that set has 26%. 4 from head, 12 from belt, 5 legs and 5 feet = 26.

Oh goddamnit - too many tabs. I was looking at the WS set when making that brilliant remark.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-05 08:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
There's a problem with your WS set you have there. You don't have enough Store TP equipped to maintain a 6 hit build after your initial weapon skill. You need to have at least +12 Store TP equipped when you weapon skill if I remember correctly to maintain a 6 hit build.

That's pretty easy to fix, just WS in Usukane body. Might not be the best solution, but its the simplest (if you are TPing in the body anyway).
 Asura.Revelation
Serveur: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-07 11:07:18
Link | Citer | R

(DA +2%, Kick Attacks +5 on Pants)

MNK/DRG TP set that would be cool to test.

Also for this set I chose DMG +23, DA +7 as the augment for Ursine Claws. The reason for this is that If it is true that Jump/High Jump DMG is calculated with Weapon DMG, reguardless of Footwork, then this weapon would produce much higher DMG jumps.

Some notable benefits of this set:

Haste +26%

DA +19%

Kick Attacks +7%(22% w/merits and JTs)

Crit +4%(8% w/merits)

Attack +58(68 w/DRG JT)

Accuracy +34(44 w/DRG JT)

STP +10(7 hit, 0 to 100)

As states above, I believe this would be cool to test. I am not saying this will out-parse the other sets w/OAX Ursine Claws, but it could be an alternative.
[+]
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-07 11:10:37
Link | Citer | R

No offense meant, but I can't possibly see that set ever even getting close to oa2-3.
 Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-07 11:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Temaruma said:
No offense meant, but I can't possibly see that set ever even getting close to oa2-3.

None taken. Like I said, never claimed it to be better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-08-09 09:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Why is this? i'm under the impression that OA2-3 only allows DAs under footwork.

The proc rate on the OAT is high enough that the Double Attack from Brutal isn't even necessary. You're better off TPing in some Attack/STR/Acc depending on what you need.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-09 09:57:08
Link | Citer | R

Revelation, if you can land both hits of tornado kick, then that set is a pseudo 6hit.

Although I would use Forager/Cer b+1/Cuch instead of the Vellaunus' Mantle (unless you are worried about the subtle blow)
 Odin.Oldive
Serveur: Odin
user: Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-08-09 10:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Why is this? i'm under the impression that OA2-3 only allows DAs under footwork.

I just realized this, and noticed I don't have an answer to this question, and it probably seems dumb, but I haven't been back to the game for more than a week yet. If you're using OA2-3 and footwork. Does a proc of 3 hits get cut down to 2, or do you lose that proc altogether?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 11:39:16
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Because you have a ~70% base DA rate. Using that value, Brutal Earring would only add 1.5% DA (a 0.88% increase).
Odin.Oldive said:
Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I just realized this, and noticed I don't have an answer to this question, and it probably seems dumb, but I haven't been back to the game for more than a week yet. If you're using OA2-3 and footwork. Does a proc of 3 hits get cut down to 2, or do you lose that proc altogether?
It gets cut down to 2. Still dramatically higher TP gain than the OAT version.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-11 20:13:13
Link | Citer | R

After going over some of this I had a couple questions.
I just recently got my Poise Shoes, and plan on working towards a Footwork build. After having read up in here a bit, and looking at what current gear I have (My MNK is lacking a couple key pieces.) I'm not quite sure where to go with setups. I'll post what I have as soon as I create the sets. Again, they aren't spectacular, but its all I have for now.

TP:

Don't have Black Belt yet (still 2/3 needing tongue) or Toreador's ring (only Adler ring which isn't favorable from what I gather) no Black Tathlum so Tiphia is in its place. No Brisk mask yet either. :\ What would be acceptable to use in place of Brutal during TP?

WS:

The head slot is kinda "lol" because the only choices I have for it atm are either Melee Crown, Ohat or possibly Hissho if I just go out and get it. Anwig is a possibility as soon as I find something to replace my current C. Galea. Warwolf in place of Brown since I don't have BB. Not sure about the earring...suppose I would go for a second STR piece instead of the pendant.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:Edit:
Sadly I own not one piece of Usukane as of yet. :\
Only see the body being helpful in this case though.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 02:10:59
Link | Citer | R

I'd love some feedback as well.

TP:

I'm at 24,61% haste, which means I lack 0.39 for cap. A 4% haste on the head would solve this, but seeing my current options (Denali and Aurore) I think I'd rather stick with Usukane, until I manage to get a Brisk Mask.
STP pieces are to reach a total of +29, (on /SAM) which grants me 5hit (considering WS one of those five).
Hands could have other options, for example Bandomusha. Altough I think I'd probably still use Usu in a situation where I'm tanking or getting a lot of attacks on me (but not enough to justify me swapping to -PDT set)

Another option would be to swap haste on head/legs, using Walahra and Usukane Hizayoroi. Gaining some interesting melee stats but losing a lot of acc, don't really think it would be better. Opinions?

Accuracy as a whole kinda bugs me atm. Even with a Cuch Mantle and Lucky Coin, I probably wouldn't have enough acc for a lot of situations to justify meat food (even Hedgehog Pie).
But if I eat a Pizza, then I probably will have too much, and much lower stats. Dunno, need to make my ideas clearer on this.
The 25 additional levels of H2H should have granted me a lot of accuracy though, so it should be enough for all of the "old" lv75 end-game. As for Abyssea I'm not really worried with Atma and +20 Dex from stats enhancement. Maybe WoE, but could always use Pizza/Sushi there.
What do you guys think?

WS: (approx ~8 more acc than TP build)

Genbu's Kabuto would probably be the best choice here? But the +25 acc from Anwig is so much I don't really feel I can't give it up.
Usu Body in place of Osode for the same old issues of Accuracy, and to keep 5 hit while /SAM.
Same reason why I'm still keeping White Tat instead of Thew Bomb.
Was thinking about Anguinous Belt in place of Warwolf. Opinions?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-31 02:14:01
Link | Citer | R

oooo plz clarify something for me anybody....and no this is not trolling, this is serious. I'm pup not mnk, so I have an h2h WS question.... Wouldn't the faith torque actually be better for WS due to the nature of h2h WS/skill?
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-31 02:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Would Aurore Gloves be a suitable replacement for the Usukane Gote? it's got Haste+2% and would solve that problem.

You'd be losing 10Acc/10Eva/2Counter for STR4/AGI4/Haste+2%.

Probably a steep lose in accuracy, But with using Pizza it might not over-kill your accuracy as much.

I know you're worried about accuracy so i dunno =\
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-31 02:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
Another option would be to swap haste on head/legs, using Walahra and Usukane Hizayoroi. Gaining some interesting melee stats but losing a lot of acc, don't really think it would be better. Opinions?

Accuracy as a whole kinda bugs me atm. Even with a Cuch Mantle and Lucky Coin, I probably wouldn't have enough acc for a lot of situations to justify meat food (even Hedgehog Pie).
But if I eat a Pizza, then I probably will have too much, and much lower stats. Dunno, need to make my ideas clearer on this.
The 25 additional levels of H2H should have granted me a lot of accuracy though, so it should be enough for all of the "old" lv75 end-game. As for Abyssea I'm not really worried with Atma and +20 Dex from stats enhancement. Maybe WoE, but could always use Pizza/Sushi there.
What do you guys think?
I think you need to stop trying to make a one size fits all MNK TP build. You have an acc+ JA and a variety of acc options, build for whatever situation presents itself.

Don't eat meat unless you can cap with it in a full damage set. It's almost never efficient, because you have to rework your gear to compensate and the trades involved generally end up lossy given how small the difference really is between pizza and meat. If you're overcapping with pizza, swap in Bandos and a Flame/Vulcan's/Strigoi Ring, then look at meat if you're still overcapping by a decent margin.

Also, parse some fights to get accurate estimates of your acc needs for new and old content. You should be more than fine on old content between skill increase and level correction decrease, but it never hurts to see that with your own eyes.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
oooo plz clarify something for me anybody....and no this is not trolling, this is serious. I'm pup not mnk, so I have an h2h WS question.... Wouldn't the faith torque actually be better for WS due to the nature of h2h WS/skill?
Hitrate permitting... For Asuran yes (currently), as Faith Torque currently (won't always but usually does) add to your base damage and sea gorgets are severely devalued by the fact that it's an 8-hit WS. As I recall gorget is slightly better for Tornado Kick.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-31 02:38:42
Link | Citer | R

thx Fyre ^^ always helpful with the maths...as a pup I think I should main the torque though when I get one, ya? I do have pummel

edit: and I'm sorry for derailing a mnk thread with my pup-ness but it also helps Seches with his WS set if torque is infact better than his thunder gorget (since he has torque, cuz he TPs in it). So I'm kinda tryin to help him too, thought I'd throw the torque idea out there :P
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 02:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Faith, at level 80, grants you one additional damage if you're fully merited. This clearly makes it a winner for WS like Asuran Fists, but for TK I still think Gorget is better.

@Karbuncle
Dunno, I should really read some more data about how much that missing 0.39% haste is hurting my total damage output. Aurore Gloves aren't that bad, but add even too much (2%). If I really come up to the conclusion that getting that 0.39 is the main priority even without Brisk Mask, I think I would just still keep the Usu Gote, and swap the Somen (acc+7) with an Aurore Beret. (ugly!)

But you're right. If I use Pizza, then I definitely do not need Usu gote or all that acc. With Pizza I would probably swap into Bandomusha Kote and uhm... maybe Aesir in place of Hollow.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-31 02:42:42
Link | Citer | R

As a general rule I'd say yes. Fewer hits but the attack and base damage do more for PUP than MNK, so it basically evens out.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-31 02:44:01
Link | Citer | R

kk thx guys ^^
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 02:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I think you need to stop trying to make a one size fits all MNK TP build.
Which means? Uhm...
English's not my main language. At a guess this means a "multipurpose" set? You're telling me to have different sets and swap dynamically between them according to the situation?
Right, I concur, but that's kinda maybe a step beyond my current skill and will.
Don't get me wrong, I already have (had?) a couple of different sets, 4 let's say. One for Hundred Fists, one for TPing, one for Eva/farm, one for -PDT. Not including the WS ones.
Now I added a Footwork one, and the idea of starting to add a lot more sets there kinda... scares me. I guess it's easy enough with Spellcast, but I don't use that.
I'd rather just use a kinda "generic" TP set, and cover the gap with different kind of foods.

Or let's say that was my original plan. I have to agree that my fears were right and the result is unavoidable. I'll never have enough acc to justify not eating Pizza (except maybe HedgePie on some old content). I'll just accept that and definitely swap something, like you suggested Usu>Bando and Accring>Strigoi (as soon as Ruthven decides to drop one! :P)

Night, your take on the haste issues? You too suggest sayin byebye to Usu somen to stick an Aurore beret in there? Of course I'm not asking this vs Brisk Mask because if I had one I wouldn't even wonder and just equip that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-31 03:15:35
Link | Citer | R

You underestimate your grasp of English! Yes, that's what I meant.

I'll admit having many (very many...) sets comes naturally to me even without Spellcast, as my first jobs were mages. If you're not comfortable with it that's fine, but I've a feeling you could create some clever macro palettes that do most of the work for you if you think about it. /macro set # really simplifies building similar macros for different situations.

0.39% haste is rather small... but so is 3 STR. In a straight comparison of Usukane Somen vs Aurore Beret I'd favor the beret if you're getting outside haste buffs, provided you don't need/can't take advantage of Usukane's additional 5 accuracy.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Bloodhunter 2010-08-31 03:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason why you dont use af+1 hands for ws?
First Page 2