Footwork TP and WS sets
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-31 03:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Bloodhunter said:
Is there a reason why you dont use af+1 hands for ws?

Because nobody should use them for WS?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 03:31:12
Link | Citer | R

AF+1 Hands for WS? Uh?
I think I'm kinda missing something here. What do you mean?

@Night
Thanks ;)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-31 03:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Bloodhunter said:
Is there a reason why you dont use af+1 hands for ws?
Is there a reason you don't macro yours out after Boost?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 05:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Since I'm a complete ignorant with math and formulae (I don't have the slighest clue how "level correction" mechanics work, I barely understand DEX vs AGI and weapon skill level), I'm using FFXI Accuracy Calculator ==> http://ninjafada.com/ffxi/

Wanted to play a bit with it and check how my accuracy would "averagely" perform on old content (lv75 one). Thinking about Dynamis, Einherjar, maybe Limbus, etc.
I know evasion of mobs in Dyna and Ein can have a big range, but let's try to approximate it to something in between, some "average" evasion level.

What do you think it would be comparable to? In that website I have Skoffins and Mamool Ja Infiltrators (NIN).
Don't think mobs in Dyna/Ein have an eva as high as those though... I seem to recall those nins have pretty high eva (altough not as completely *** up as their THF brothers)
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-31 06:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said:
Since I'm a complete ignorant with math and formulae (I don't have the slighest clue how "level correction" mechanics work, I barely understand DEX vs AGI and weapon skill level), I'm using FFXI Accuracy Calculator ==> http://ninjafada.com/ffxi/

Wanted to play a bit with it and check how my accuracy would "averagely" perform on old content (lv75 one). Thinking about Dynamis, Einherjar, maybe Limbus, etc.
I know evasion of mobs in Dyna and Ein can have a big range, but let's try to approximate it to something in between, some "average" evasion level.

What do you think it would be comparable to? In that website I have Skoffins and Mamool Ja Infiltrators (NIN).
Don't think mobs in Dyna/Ein have an eva as high as those though... I seem to recall those nins have pretty high eva (altough not as completely *** up as their THF brothers)

General rule of thumb for DDs at 75 was to aim for 400acc? The update has made that so easy now it's not even funny, for 2handers at least anyhows.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-08-31 07:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I know, but with the new level correction things might be different.
I have exactely 400 with the set I posted, would have 395 with Aurore in place of Somen.
385 if I take out Gote as well, and I guess I could also take out Ulthalam for a Strigoi (if I had one! Q_Q) or uh... an Excelsis Ring maybe (att+8), taking this too of would bring me to a final result of 381 accuracy.
Dunno about taking off Hollow for Aesir though.
Nonetheless 381 is a decent enough result for being w/o food.
Add +44 from Pizza+1 and I go back up to 425 Acc, which is really really nice.

I think I'm starting to feel satisfied, on paper, by these choices. Altough I'll probably still want to use Somen and Gote if I'm soloing (+17eva, +2 counter, +3 agi) or doing some odd stuff that makes eva useful.
Too bad Aurore beret looks so *** ; ; need to get my dirty hands on a Brisk Mask asap! Now if only Glavoid wasn't such a ***...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2010-09-11 06:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok here I am again. In the end I went for the Aurore Beret + Bandomusha kote setup.
Thing is, I Can't 5-hit anymore with the new MA trait we get at level 82, so I'm looking for other options.
Can probably use Black Tathlum/Thew Bomblet/Tantra thingy for Ammo, don't need those STP+2 from Wtath anymore.

As for Body, maybe I could use something else than Usukane Haramaki, since I don't need that STP+6 anymore?
Which other options do you guys see?

P.S.
Our delay at 82+ with footwork is 460, this gives us an exact return of 12 TP per hit. To reach 5hit build again you would need at least 9 more STP (ideally 10). Can't think of pieces that would grant that to MNK without too many sacrifices, aside from AF3. Only additions I can think of are Brisk Mask (+4), Belenos' Mantle (+2), Ecphoria Ring (+1) for a +7, which ain't enough. Could put a Hoard Ring (+4) in place of Ecphoria and you'd be ok. But that would mean also WSing in all this stuff... dunno if it's worth.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-09-29 10:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering here, Footwork caps at 2 hits per round. Tornado Kick is 2 hit. So the Brutal in WS sets are solely for the TP return to meet x-hit requirement right? Or am I misunderstanding something. Thanks in advance :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-29 10:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Baleoce said:
Just wondering here, Footwork caps at 2 hits per round. Tornado Kick is 2 hit. So the Brutal in WS sets are solely for the TP return to meet x-hit requirement right? Or am I misunderstanding something. Thanks in advance :)
the cap is only for tp'ing. Any physical, melee WS that has under 8 hits can double attack.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-09-29 10:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
the cap is only for tp'ing. Any physical, melee WS that has under 8 hits can double attack.

woops dunno what happened above. but much appreciated thanks :)