Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 02:20:37
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this. As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
same number of attacks/same amount of time it took to get there/same ending on tp, i wonder.... it's called google, bg, allakazam, etc etc etc, you aren't looking hard enough.
Actually, work blocks pretty much all of the other ff related sites other than this one and I tend to get lazy about searching when I'm at home. Wiki has a useless test on it that gives about as much info as you do. As for TP itself, you seem to overestimate how big a difference .02 DW will actually make in TP gain, it's totally possible for it to not change how fast you get to 100TP depending on your build. And if you'd only tell me like 3 simple things (main hand delay/STP/DW gear) I could double check it but you feel the need to just spew empty statements.
im sorry im not gonna do the work for someone who is to lazy to even try himself. also i would have noticed a change since with my setup even the 3% dual wield from mirke shows a difference.
So I'm supposed to get the necklace, lvl dnc to use it just so someone can save the 15 seconds it takes to say 3 things? Hmm... good logic?

And the difference isn't even as much as mirke, it's only 2% since other testing was showing 3% vs the 5% wiki claims.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this. As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
same number of attacks/same amount of time it took to get there/same ending on tp, i wonder.... it's called google, bg, allakazam, etc etc etc, you aren't looking hard enough.
Actually, work blocks pretty much all of the other ff related sites other than this one and I tend to get lazy about searching when I'm at home. Wiki has a useless test on it that gives about as much info as you do. As for TP itself, you seem to overestimate how big a difference .02 DW will actually make in TP gain, it's totally possible for it to not change how fast you get to 100TP depending on your build. And if you'd only tell me like 3 simple things (main hand delay/STP/DW gear) I could double check it but you feel the need to just spew empty statements.
im sorry im not gonna do the work for someone who is to lazy to even try himself. also i would have noticed a change since with my setup even the 3% dual wield from mirke shows a difference.
So I'm supposed to get the necklace, lvl dnc to use it just so someone can save the 15 seconds it takes to say 3 things?
yes
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 02:23:41
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
So I'm supposed to get the necklace, lvl dnc to use it just so someone can save the 15 seconds it takes to say 3 things?
yes
Guess that works, until then I'll just assume you're full of crap and don't know anything about testing or how the game actually works. Thanks :)
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yes
Guess that works, until then I'll just assume you're full of crap and don't know anything about testing or how the game actually works. Thanks :)
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 02:26:23
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to wait til I get home to see that, work blocks some image sites too, lol.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
And if you'd only tell me like 3 simple things (main hand delay/STP/DW gear) I could double check it but you feel the need to just spew empty statements.
main hand delay: 194
stp: 12
no extra dual wield

there i went and dug up my jam+, wore evasion gear, and re tested the 2 items

i still get the same result
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 02:49:55
Link | Citer | R

The only test on Alla is useless for our purposes, as 3% and 5% both fit the data generated. There is exactly one post containing test information on BG, and I'm willing to bet it's the guy who made the wiki edit given that the test is exactly the same and he's just as vague about procedure. There's nothing on wiki forums, and lolKI. Blogs are a huge hassle to filter through so I didn't bother there and I can't read JP, but it seems our information is based entirely off the single post I linked.

I have no reason to doubt it's 5%, but telling somebody to go read when whatever testing is out there is either insufficiently detailed or located outside of common data sources and then being an *** when you have said procedure is kind of a bad move.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The only test on Alla is useless for our purposes, as 3% and 5% both fit the data generated. There is exactly one post containing test information on BG, and I'm willing to bet it's the guy who made the wiki edit given that the test is exactly the same and he's just as vague about procedure. There's nothing on wiki forums, and lolKI. Blogs are a huge hassle to filter through so I didn't bother there and I can't read JP, but it seems our information is based entirely off the single post I linked.

I have no reason to doubt it's 5%, but telling somebody to go read when whatever testing is out there is either insufficiently detailed or located outside of common data sources and then being an *** when you have said procedure is kind of a bad move.
sorry i just got annoyed when he said "im to lazy to do it at home"
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 03:50:01
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Well, you have to admit you weren't exactly being helpful either, lol.

Anyways, ran the numbers and 3% dual wield doesn't seem to match with your results so dunno. I'd ask you to rerun the the test someone else did, but you don't seem like you'd want to do anything at my request, lol.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 03:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Anyways, ran the numbers and 3% dual wield doesn't seem to match with your results so dunno. I'd ask you to rerun the the test someone else did, but you don't seem like you'd want to do anything at my request, lol.
im not having the best of days so bare with me

what do you want done
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 03:56:47
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

what do you want done
Mmm, just take off all your STP and hit 10 times with both auric and charis on and tell me how much tp you have. Same main hand is fine.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 04:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

what do you want done
Mmm, just take off all your STP and hit 10 times with both auric and charis on and tell me how much tp you have. Same main hand is fine.
both equipped simultaneously?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 04:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, both on at the same time.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 04:19:31
Link | Citer | R

10 hits give me 45

20 hits give me 89

tested 5 times
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 04:23:25
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
10 hits give me 45

20 hits give me 89

tested 5 times
90*
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 04:23:43
Link | Citer | R

Huh, 45 matches with what the other testing indicates so it's definitely not 5% but your original results seem to point to not 3% either. Wonder if it's 4% or something, lol.

I discovered my friend did get dnc neck so I'll probably figure out what a good test to compare 3% & 4% and bug them to do it. I'll post the results of that once it's done unless you'd rather do it. Dunno when I'll get around to it though since eating atm, hehe.