Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dual Wield Cap Question
Dual Wield Cap Question
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-27 02:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Friend doesn't have the neck, discussion was about whether it's really worth getting it or not depending on the %, lol.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-27 04:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Friend doesn't have the neck, discussion was about whether it's really worth getting it or not depending on the %, lol.
it's 5%, took 5 min to test...

and yes it's quite worth it
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-27 04:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Worth getting? Yes. Does it drop ever? No. I'm like 0/20+ right now most with TH4, I lost count due to being depressed.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-27 05:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Worth getting? Yes. Does it drop ever? No. I'm like 0/20+ right now most with TH4, I lost count due to being depressed.
/patpat 1:2
 Siren.Itachi
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 05:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

You know what sucks about this? I've killed this NM 10 times DRG/BLU solo for the Varangian helm. I've tossed the DNC neck 2 times and gave it to my friends DNC mule once; and this is all while I haven't seen one helm at all. SE loves to give us what we don't need. I swear it's in the coding.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 05:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
You know what sucks about this? I've killed this NM 10 times DRG/BLU solo for the Varangian helm. I've tossed the DNC neck 2 times and gave it to my friends DNC mule once; and this is all while I haven't seen one helm at all. SE loves to give us what we don't need. I swear it's in the coding.
A couple of guys I go with didn't get like any drops till I started coming. Because since I was there the brd could /thf!!!
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 05:14:22
Link | Citer | R

My friend came as THF with TH5(Treasure hunter atma) and I still didn't see the helm drop. D: The DNC neckpiece did though xD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 05:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Does the atma even stack with others? And really the difference between TH2 and 4 is more status then droprate lol
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 05:16:58
Link | Citer | R

I really have no clue if it stacks but I'm always down to have an extra placebo effect!
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-27 05:19:50
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

this reminds me of the seals quests.... 10 stones in and i only have 1 leg seal for dnc....
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-27 05:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said:

how the hell did you solo khalamari on drg/blu? and btw...triggering the !! greatly ups drop rates..ya just have to pray you have a weapon that will trigger it lol
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 05:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

how the hell did you solo khalamari on drg/blu? and btw...triggering the !! greatly ups drop rates..ya just have to pray you have a weapon that will trigger it lol

Tav taco, cocoon, proper healing breath build, ethereal earring, VIT atma, etc.. go a looooooong way.

edit: I must add it's a very stressful fight solo. Anything can and will go wrong at any moment. Luck is a big factor here. If you get a mantle pierce back to back chances are you're dead.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-27 05:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Itachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Tav taco, cocoon, proper healing breath build, ethereal earring, VIT atma, etc.. go a looooooong way. edit: I must add it's a very stressful fight solo. Anything can and will go wrong at any moment. Luck is a big factor here. If you get a mantle pierce back to back chances are you're dead.
No pdt atma?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-27 09:15:04
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Can you show me the math you used to get this? Just a curiosity since they can't both be right, lol.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-27 09:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:

No pdt atma?

I didn't know there was one. I most likely don't have it.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-27 09:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Can you show me the math you used to get this? Just a curiosity since they can't both be right, lol.
i wore auric dagger off hand, watched tp growth
i wore charis necklace and kartika off hand, watched tp growth

its 5% dual wield
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-27 09:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Is it really that hard to give me some actual numbers? geez
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-09-27 09:54:10
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

<-----
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 01:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
deal with it or download ffxi calc
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 01:38:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand what ffxi calc has anything to do with it since you won't give me any info (mainhand weapon/tp you're getting/etc...) making a calculator useless
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 01:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
I don't understand what ffxi calc has anything to do with it since you won't give me any info (mainhand weapon/tp you're getting/etc...) making a calculator useless
its simple

auric dagger has 201 delay, and gives 5% dual wield
kartika gives 201 delay

doesnt matter what other weapon you use as long as you use it for both

auric dagger without charis necklace
kartika with charis necklace

how hard was that
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 01:50:36
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
its simple auric dagger has 201 delay, and gives 5% dual wield kartika gives 201 delay doesnt matter what other weapon you use as long as you use it for both auric dagger without charis necklace kartika with charis necklace how hard was that
So how many hits did you test it up to? You surely didn't just test 1 hit and make sure they're the same since that won't tell anything. Or are you just eyeballing the delay or what.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 01:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
its simple auric dagger has 201 delay, and gives 5% dual wield kartika gives 201 delay doesnt matter what other weapon you use as long as you use it for both auric dagger without charis necklace kartika with charis necklace how hard was that
So how many hits did you test it up to? You surely didn't just test 1 hit and make sure they're the same since that won't tell anything. Or are you just eyeballing the delay or what.
i tested to 100 tp, i get exactly 5tp per hit, if charis gave less than 5% dual wield i would have ended up with more than 100 tp

and btw, yes calc has it's uses, it has the dual wield items on it verified by people that have tested it repeatedly.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 01:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this.

As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-28 01:59:50
Link | Citer | R

5 tp per hit to 100 tp is 20 hits, 2x for 2 kinds of tests.. is a 40 hit sample..thats not that bad, but its more than enough if you know your gear sets well and how much tp/hit you get....
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this.

As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
same number of attacks/same amount of time it took to get there/same ending on tp, i wonder....

it's called google, bg, allakazam, etc etc etc, you aren't looking hard enough.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-28 02:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
5 tp per hit to 100 tp is 20 hits, 2x for 2 kinds of tests.. is a 40 hit sample..thats not that bad, but its more than enough if you know your gear sets well and how much tp/hit you get....
Only need 10 hits honestly.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-09-28 02:12:32
Link | Citer | R

yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this. As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
same number of attacks/same amount of time it took to get there/same ending on tp, i wonder.... it's called google, bg, allakazam, etc etc etc, you aren't looking hard enough.
Actually, work blocks pretty much all of the other ff related sites other than this one and I tend to get lazy about searching when I'm at home. Wiki has a useless test on it that gives about as much info as you do.

As for TP itself, you seem to overestimate how big a difference .02 DW will actually make in TP gain, it's totally possible for it to not change how fast you get to 100TP depending on your build. And if you'd only tell me like 3 simple things (main hand delay/STP/DW gear) I could double check it but you feel the need to just spew empty statements.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
yunalaysca said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wow, you're really bad at testing stuff like this. As for calc, of course it has it's uses but you need stuff like DATA to make it useful. Something which you've given me none of, lol.
same number of attacks/same amount of time it took to get there/same ending on tp, i wonder.... it's called google, bg, allakazam, etc etc etc, you aren't looking hard enough.
Actually, work blocks pretty much all of the other ff related sites other than this one and I tend to get lazy about searching when I'm at home. Wiki has a useless test on it that gives about as much info as you do.

As for TP itself, you seem to overestimate how big a difference .02 DW will actually make in TP gain, it's totally possible for it to not change how fast you get to 100TP depending on your build. And if you'd only tell me like 3 simple things (main hand delay/STP/DW gear) I could double check it but you feel the need to just spew empty statements.
im sorry im not gonna do the work for someone who is to lazy to even try himself.

also i would have noticed a change since with my setup even the 3% dual wield from mirke shows a difference.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-28 02:20:06
Link | Citer | R

also i didnt mention wiki for obvious reasons