Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-02-13 15:20:24
Link | Citer | R

It might be an homage.

Also, if you read the thread, they're pretty thorough in saying that they were 90% done with Vi when Quinn's concept thread popped up.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-13 15:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Gunshy said: »
Talon cross dressing as Iron Solorai Leona were my first thoughts lol.
Well they did talk about Iron Solari Leona when describing her, haha.

As for ripping off, Morello explained many times that they're completely fine and open about it, not really a surprise. He said that he mainly wanted to make "what is good, what people will like" above all, so playermade concepts are a gold mine.

Much like the next Swain skin which is playermade and while they won't take all of the ideas given by the community regarding it, they'll take most of it (Dragon Master Swain).
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-13 23:07:45
Link | Citer | R

lolololol
nasus is buffed
lolololol
his ult is stronger.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-13 23:18:09
Link | Citer | R

lolol
"Ohmwrecker was a niche weapon for aggressive tanky champs who loved to tower dive. However, smart players just built more hp and defense."
one of the funnier things I've seen on an official league video.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-13 23:46:36
Link | Citer | R

I've been hearing the skin codes that you get from events can be used on every server, and I still have my skin code for PAX Sivir from last years PAX East. Was wondering if there was anyone on any other server than NA who would like the code to see if it works, for free of course. Will give it to the first person who asks!
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-02-14 00:02:08
Link | Citer | R

I love how people lose their ***because Lux gets an Army themed skin, but Swain turning into a dragon is 100% accepted.

"Here Lux put on this uniform" AMG NO WAY WTF RIOT

"Here Swain change your DNA" AMG RIOT TAKE MY MONEY
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-14 00:05:06
Link | Citer | R

???
By volkom 2013-02-14 00:52:33
Link | Citer | R

wat
 Fenrir.Eneas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2013-02-14 02:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Annnnnnnnnnnd we have some Quinn Concept Art!

Definitely an ADC, insta-buy for me.

i cant wait for her. now i have to decide between yet another champion.
wtf riot... do i have to put another mortgage on my house?!?!? lol

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34628088#34628088
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-02-14 04:15:02
Link | Citer | R

did some 5's normals with volk and his gang,

ended up getting paired against a 2340 elo diamond 3 player.

Jayce - him

Riven - me

fml lol, hardest jayce i've ever been against,

actually i take it back, he's the 2nd hardest, the hardest was the guy who taught me how to toplane, he was redic with jayce, knocked me back everytime i went in to poke, but anyways.

this guy rarely missed his shots, and he always knew when to persue, even as i was using the bushes to zone him and still found a way to take a chunk of my hp down. was nothing i could do. :/

i shoulda went ap tryn on him... LOL
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-14 07:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said: »
I love how people lose their ***because Lux gets an Army themed skin, but Swain turning into a dragon is 100% accepted.

"Here Lux put on this uniform" AMG NO WAY WTF RIOT

"Here Swain change your DNA" AMG RIOT TAKE MY MONEY
Here is the reason:

Lux doesn't have a good skin that goes with the character "look and atmosphere", think Pulsefire Ezreal, yet she already has quite a few army themed skins.
Meanwhile, Tyrant Swain is considered to be this skin, or at least to be close to it.

That's why in the case of Swain, people feel that they can do fun skins whereas with Lux, people feel like Steel Legion is out of topic and not what Lux really is (conflict between her lore and her in-game look, though, people will never be happy) and also her 20th army skin.

I kinda understand them, Darius classic is pretty good in my opinion, Bioforge pushed it even further (especially with Steel Legion Garen out, which is the counterpart), so I expect the next Darius skin to be a "funny" one, completely out of topic. If it's not the case, they would have to release a Pulsefire Ezreal type of skin, or else people will cry and rightfully so.

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
lolololol
nasus is buffed
lolololol
his ult is stronger.
Oh, my, god. I'm actually excited for this.

[+]
 Cerberus.Trixta
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2013-02-14 10:16:09
Link | Citer | R

I hate solo Queue more and more. I feel like I'm stuck in Bronze hell forever. 23-4 Annie? Lose. 9-1 Diana? Lose. 24-6 Sivir? Lose.

The Annie game was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, had a Fiora support, Varus built a hydra and kept going on his own. And instead of focusing turrets, anytime someone on their team go low, Garren and Shen would chase/dive/ whatever just to get the kill, not only dying in the proccess, but leaving me alone at the turret.

I can't wait until the weekend so I can do some ranked 5's, my team has gone 6-1 and we are considering trying to go for the higher levels. Also, we are also planning on signing up for the Alienware Arena, so the 5's gives us practice.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-02-14 11:34:08
Link | Citer | R

ahahah
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-14 11:57:43
Link | Citer | R

I start getting pretty familiar with the Bronze "level" and while I'm clearly not above Bronze, I still feel that there is a difference when it comes to "game vision". At the same time, when I play with people who are proper Silver/Gold, I can feel at every moment of the game that I'm faaaaaar from having their vision of the game, so I understand why I am where I am.

In the end, the problem is you (like it is me when I play in ranked), not the others. The difference in level should allow you to, most of the time (not always but above 50%), carry your team to victory. It requires a lot of efforts and a lot of focus as you need to have the map awareness and reactions that exceed your role, but it's doable.

If you have played games such as Chess, you should try to apply the typical game vision of Chess to this game. There are a lot of check situations that even one person can achieve. Even when I lose, I often manage to reach a check situation by myself (usually more than one), I think what makes the difference between a Bronze and Silver (or rather Gold) player is that the Silver (or Gold) player should be able to transform it into a checkmate and do it against a Bronze team reliably.

I'm not able to reliably checkmate a Bronze team, so I consider myself deserving to be in Bronze V. The day you/I can reliably do it, Silver should be in reach. LoL isn't a team game when it comes to solo-queue, it's literally FFA (unless you meet THAT player that isn't an idiot and then you can build something, but that's way too rare). The average player's mentality just isn't suited for that.

You're lucky to have a decent team though, you'll most likely learn a lot and be able to carry yourself at some point thanks to this. Good luck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-14 11:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
ahahah
^

Instabuy when I saw this on Facebook, haha.
 Cerberus.Archaon
By Cerberus.Archaon 2013-02-14 12:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »
I've been hearing the skin codes that you get from events can be used on every server, and I still have my skin code for PAX Sivir from last years PAX East. Was wondering if there was anyone on any other server than NA who would like the code to see if it works, for free of course. Will give it to the first person who asks!

Hey serj i'm on EUW server and wouldnt mind trying out the code to see if it still works if thats cool. Let me know if you still have it and i'll give it a try
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-14 12:30:15
Link | Citer | R

PM'd you, let me know if it works!
[+]
 Sylph.Shinobu
Serveur: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-14 14:24:42
Link | Citer | R

The bigger issue that tends to come in games where you go something like 24/5 isn't that you are bad at lane, it's a lack of understanding the rest of it. In low elo and general lower games, it's all about winning lane, if someone is fed during lane, the
games over and every quits.

If you win lane, it means you have an advantage, not a win. If team fights start up and you get focused down instantly, that 23/5 doesn't mean squat. This is where things like rod of ages on ap carries is a big thing a lot of the time. If you get it early, you become tanky enough to survive long enough for your 23/5 score to matter. Sure, getting an early deathcap can seem like the better choice (sometimes it depends on just how early, like your 8min in and you get enough, deathcap may be right, but it's not safe).

I'm not saying any of this applies to you, but the most common issue with not being able to carry comes from after lane phase. If the other team sticks together and wards (also, how much do you ward? I often buy at least 3 wards in every role when I go back). A random extra ward wins games surprisingly often. An enemy red buff being warded can mean catching their jungle out, and making the next fight be a 4v5 and may just give you baron.

I almost never play ranked, not because I don't think I'm good enough to play ranked, but because I know I can always be better and I want to be at the top of my game when playing ranked, not just making it my new play style. A big mistake I made season 2 was starting ranked before I was ready. I had one good champ for each role and didn't have enough experience to get anywhere. I got myself stomped down to 1000 elo and stopped for a while. I practiced and learned and finally started back up again, grinding myself up to 1380 or something like that. I ended up taking too long and getting cut off by the end of season 2 on a like 9/2 winning session. I fully believe that if I had more time, I could have gotten at least 1450. I think in the end I was maxing off at around 1435 at my highest point? Either way, If you think you can't get out of bronze, don't play ranked yet, wait.

Tl;dr: If you think you are stuck, stop playing ranked and just play a lot of normal draft.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-02-14 14:28:50
Link | Citer | R

I thought all the PAX codes were time limited...

I was given a Riot Graves code but I didn't redeem it in time. I was a day late. :/
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-14 14:30:19
Link | Citer | R

People still sell PAX TF skin codes. Idk.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-14 14:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Blind can help if you want to learn how to carry in a wild situation, too.

Pick a champ that has the ability to carry in a way or another (preferably adapted to the current meta/situation), try to carry as hard as you can and obtain victory, your team mates aren't part of the picture.
I often spend the first day of my week end doing just that, spamming Jayce 20 matches in a row for example, then switch to draft to try to apply this in a more team based game mode. Then I turn to ranked.

Then again, I think my best streak was last week when I had something like 5 wins in a row playing completely random, went through all 5 roles.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-14 14:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

I thought all the PAX codes were time limited...

I was given a Riot Graves code but I didn't redeem it in time. I was a day late. :/
Weird because they are still sold as said above and are also rewards from on-going internet events such as the Mobafire one.

Maybe different batch?
By volkom 2013-02-14 14:36:25
Link | Citer | R

i'm in contact with an esports director here on campus who has relations with riot. Riot continuously pumps those codes out for events and rewards for esport events (either big or small) so its easy to get a hold of those codes if you got the right connections
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-14 14:38:17
Link | Citer | R

I want Nosferatu Vlad :(
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-02-14 14:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand these riven changes, did she just get a huge buff on her passive?... or did they nerf it by 5% AD? lol.

Quote:
Riven

These changes should offer Riven players new rune and item choices beyond simply stacking attack damage. In addition, they should slightly reduce her early lane snowballing, but increase her ability to recover if she falls behind.

Runic Blade
Adjusted damage to 15-45% of her total Attack Damage (based on champion level) from 5-15 (+0.5 bonus attack damage)

Broken Wings
Fixed a bug that was causing Broken Wings to improperly apply its splash damage if Valor was cast too recently
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-14 14:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Nerfed I believe
By volkom 2013-02-14 14:50:40
Link | Citer | R

think its a nerf for early levels but late game with the right items she'll have monstrous damage
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-15 00:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Quinn and Valor are on the PBE.

First thoughts is that she has pretty high burst/harass and is really fast (335 base). And she has a 1.5 second blind that does aoe damage in a skillshot :|
First Page 2 3 ... 454 455 456 ... 577 578 579