I meant in an actual game.
 Asura.Lolserj
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 17:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shinobu said: »
Sorry, forgot that Teemo sucks at split pushing.

about all that he is good at, while other split pushing champions can you know

do stuff in team fights or make up for not being there when the fight starts

champions like shen that can get to a fight almost instantly from across the map

and nidalee who is an elusive ***, and if you actually build bruiser you can dish out decent damage while remaining a distraction and tanking in fights
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-11 17:09:21
Link | Citer | R

That's too hard to decide then. 4 other players on each team makes too much of a difference.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-02-11 17:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Let's not do this and just say we did.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 17:10:42
Link | Citer | R

so what you're saying is that if we try to counter your teemo pick with a champion that "counters" teemo, but isn't a champion we don't play you can beat us

again, you're saying you can beat people 1v1 on a champion that is made to win laning phase
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-02-11 17:17:53
Link | Citer | R

Wait...Hold on...So, someone is challenging Lolserj or Spence 1v1? I can't say that I'm not interested in seeing this massacre go down.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-11 17:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Also, the point of mentioning nidalee is that a skilled nidalee played can wreck your day, even if they are just as good as you, but main nidalee. Same thing, even if you're just as good a player as I am, I can probably beat you as teemo, while you use someone you think would normally beat him (no counting ryze, because screw ryze).
Problem is, Teemo has flaws by design that you cannot overcome. From there, people usually add their own confidence and delusions.

In the end, whether you beat us or not, it will never prove that Teemo is more solid than X, it will not serve Teemo, it will only serve your ego.

There is a reason why TRM is probably the only high level player you think of when you say "Teemo high level" and why this little rat never sees the sunlight in anything remotely serious.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-11 17:28:05
Link | Citer | R

tbh teemo doesn't have a very high skill cap
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-02-11 17:55:40
Link | Citer | R

I played Teemo once...
1/16/4

and that one kill was a shroom kill
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-11 18:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Gonna play some Tiger Udyr in da jungle. Who wants to play
By volkom 2013-02-11 18:33:33
Link | Citer | R

my back hurts ~ damn silver III division. finally got 100 points.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-11 19:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Too much carrying might break your back, you know. At least Oddone said so.
By volkom 2013-02-11 22:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Too much carrying might break your back, you know. At least Oddone said so.

finally argh
got back up to silver II.

just gonna play vayne till i get to silver I/Gold V
[+]
By Kikorimo 2013-02-12 00:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Well, like I said, I have yet to play against people, but vs bots I have gone 14/0/0 before in co-op game, sometimes better, sometimes get 1 or 2 death... /shrug. I've been changing up my builds slightly based on what I end up being put against. I'm not saying that Teemo is the best, I'm saying that I enjoy playing him so far, and he's one of the few options I have available to me at the moment. Ashe is ok, Veigar is... interesting... but so far out of those three I favor Teemo the most, and do the best with him. I've been considering picking up Lux once I'm able, but still undecided... some actual people to play with though would probably help me figure out what ranked games may end up playing like, and give me a better idea of what champion may suit me well. I'm actually about to log in and play a little bit before i crash for the night...
By volkom 2013-02-12 00:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Kikorimo said: »
help me figure out what ranked games may end up playing like

play a lot of normal draft games~

then imagine that everyone on your team besides you and maybe 1 other guy isn't bad at the game while the other 3 teammates are complete morons then pretend that EVERYONE on the other team is way better than your team. That is basically what a rank game feels like
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 00:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Just try all the champs you can. Try to give them enough time, such as maybe 20 games for each at least.

Much like fighting games, playing all champions helps understanding the game a lot, and well it also help you find your most comfortable champion.

Little advice though, don't stress about the score, just enjoy and do your best.
By Kikorimo 2013-02-12 02:49:49
Link | Citer | R

well, gave Nocturne a try and wasn't impressed in the slightest... as a matter of fact I ended up dead more than I ever have playing the rodent... 2/9/1 against beginner bots... maybe it's because I'm not used to melee on LoL yet... or maybe he's just made of paper, but either way, I suspect I'll be getting a refund on that one ~_~
Unless someone knows some damn good tips for the champ, I don't see me using him much, if at all...
In the end, I suspect ranged is simply more my thing, even if it's fairly short range, ability to get in, poke, and get out just works for me. It gets me kills/assists and I don't end up feeding the enemy team in the process /sigh...

edit: Zyra, however, is another story... I'm able to at least somewhat function with that one even on first game...
By volkom 2013-02-12 03:41:41
Link | Citer | R

The best TF~ is a ganking TF

carried Ghaleon's game sooooo hard
[+]
By Kikorimo 2013-02-12 04:07:50
Link | Citer | R

On the bright side, I also recently tried out Lux. Tolerable. (Pun not intended, but I'll take it!)
By Ultrarichard 2013-02-12 04:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Don't use your refunds lol. You only get 3 and its so worth saving them for more important things.

The best way to find out if who you like, is pick a lane and role, and play those lane champions nonstop.

I picked support, and played all of the supports until I was either good with them, or knew I was so bad I'd never play them again.
Then I moved onto top lane, then midlane, now adc.
By Venlo 2013-02-12 05:10:21
Link | Citer | R

well, gave Nocturne a try and wasn't impressed in the slightest... as a matter of fact I ended up dead more than I ever have playing the rodent... 2/9/1 against beginner bots... maybe it's because I'm not used to melee on LoL yet... or maybe he's just made of paper, but either way, I suspect I'll be getting a refund on that one ~_~
Unless someone knows some damn good tips for the champ, I don't see me using him much, if at all...

Were you laning, or jungling? (If laning, disregard the following post in its entirety.)
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 08:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Just try all the champs you can. Try to give them enough time, such as maybe 20 games for each at least.

Much like fighting games, playing all champions helps understanding the game a lot, and well it also help you find your most comfortable champion.

Little advice though, don't stress about the score, just enjoy and do your best.

well I say do something like this (because it's what I did and you can ask people I probably know too much about this game) but then main about 2-4 champions if you can

Being really good at one champion is a great way to become good at the game
 Sylph.Shinobu
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-12 08:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lolserj said: »

so what you're saying is that if we try to counter your teemo pick with a champion that "counters" teemo, but isn't a champion we don't play you can beat us

again, you're saying you can beat people 1v1 on a champion that is made to win laning phase

I... Where did I say that? I mean for lux: If lux is your absolute best champ, I probably wont win. If you play lux on occasion, then I'll probably win. I play plenty of champions besides Teemo, but Teemo is the champ I love to play the most.

Then, You literally quoted me saying an actual game, not 1v1. I.E. a 5v5
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lolserj said: »

I... Where did I say that? I mean for lux: If lux is your absolute best champ, I probably wont win. If you play lux on occasion, then I'll probably win. I play plenty of champions besides Teemo, but Teemo is the champ I love to play the most.

Then, You literally quoted me saying an actual game, not 1v1. I.E. a 5v5

So you're saying you can carry a game better than people in actual 5v5s if they don't play their absolute best while you're playing teemo?
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-12 09:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Usually.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2013-02-12 09:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Idk why there's all this hate about Teemo, he's still viable (in solo queue) and I honestly think he's incredibly underestimated.

Team fights? Peel for the carry. Blind and AoE slows?

Right?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 09:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Idk why there's all this hate about Teemo, he's still viable (in solo queue) and I honestly think he's incredibly underestimated.

Team fights? Peel for the carry. Blind and AoE slows?

Also, he's not underestimated, that's why he was a legit ban not long ago and received a nerf.

The problem with Teemo are his mechanics and his gameplay, but at the same time, is it really a problem when we can just not pick him?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-02-12 09:24:28
Link | Citer | R

In the end, I suspect ranged is simply more my thing, even if it's fairly short range, ability to get in, poke, and get out just works for me. It gets me kills/assists and I don't end up feeding the enemy team in the process /sigh...

edit: Zyra, however, is another story... I'm able to at least somewhat function with that one even on first game...
The way the AI works, ranged will always give you an edge so it is no wonder why meleeing appears harder to you.

Regarding Nocturne, he's pretty tanky actually when you build him "properly".

If you haven't already, try checking guides on websites such as mobafire.com, solomid.net, lolking.net and so on ("guide LoL" in Google should give you some solid websites). There, you'll find some basic knowledge about each champions through playermade guides. They'll explain why use this or that summoner spell in this or that situation, what to build in this or that situation and what should be your approach and role in the game.

Of course, as it's playermade, it's tough to see what is right and what is wrong, but you can always figure this out after playing for a while and receiving criticism from other player, or by asking around for confirmation (such as here, people can compare their knowledge with said guides).
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-02-12 09:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Usually.

I'd say I disagree with that, mainly because teemo doesn't have the kit to carry a game

but I guess if your best champion is Teemo just play Teemo

it's better than having someone suck it up on a good champion
First Page 2 3 ... 450 451 452 ... 577 578 579