First Page 2 3 ... 430 431 432 ... 577 578 579
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-01-13 10:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Ultrarichard said: »
I know a couple of these have been shown in here before, but they truly are amazing. I'd probably give up anything to be able to actually do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klr0XTIaKdM&list=PLD861C45402183572

The whole playlist, I assume all the ones they've done. Fiora and Leona are my favorite ones.

Ive said that for awhile now ._. Too bad they've stopped doing these, hasnt been one since Jayce.
By Ultrarichard 2013-01-13 10:45:08
Link | Citer | R

I wish they would release one for downloading, at something that isn't super sped up so we could watch properly and learn.
I'd be all over that ***.

Jayce? what about Khaz, Rengar, Diana, Syndra and Zyra?
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-01-13 10:51:13
Link | Citer | R

I wish they would release one for downloading, at something that isn't super sped up so we could watch properly and learn.

I might be mistaken as to exactly which one they stopped at, but the point is they havent released an art spotlight in awhile now.
By Ultrarichard 2013-01-13 10:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh aye ya. There wasn't want for Nami, which is a little sad. It'd be awesome I think.

Hopefully they bring it back.
 Asura.Lolserj
Serveur: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-13 12:37:22
Link | Citer | R

In case anyone hasn't see then yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKD-sJBofS4

cant directly link the vid for some reason
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-13 12:58:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure you could find youtube channels where people show you how to make art like this. It won't be lol characters and the videos will be 2+ hours long but you can take what you've learned and make w/e.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-13 13:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Is there something that allows to see how much damage we have done on a specific action?

Most of the time players are more about insulting you than telling you this kind of detail, and bots don't answer (I wonder why).
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-13 14:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Just a keen eye. I have trouble seeing in that kind of situation though.
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-01-13 14:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Don't drink and ranked!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-13 14:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I just want to see how much does a classic Muramana ult on Syndra. I one shotted a Nidalee from 100 to 0 but I couldn't see her HP post ult :/
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-01-13 14:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said: »
Drink and ranked!
By Ultrarichard 2013-01-13 15:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eugene said: »

I'm sure you could find youtube channels where people show you how to make art like this. It won't be lol characters and the videos will be 2+ hours long but you can take what you've learned and make w/e.

Naw lol, it's not that. I have absolutely no skill whatsoever in drawing or creativity or any of those essential things to making a pretty picture :(

Anyone watching the qualifiers?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-13 15:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said: »
Don't drink and ranked!

dooooooooooooooont
By volkom 2013-01-13 16:50:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-13 18:13:29
Link | Citer | R

anyone play urgot much? watching the tournament; he built muramana, frozen heart, warmog's, black cleaver, last whisper. pretty fearsome
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-13 18:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
anyone play urgot much? watching the tournament; he built muramana, frozen heart, warmog's, black cleaver, last whisper. pretty fearsome

I'd play urgot more if he got un-nerfed

but yeah thats basically what an urgot would be building most of the time
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-01-13 19:44:26
Link | Citer | R

http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/will-someone-please-ward-1649/

Quote:
Will Someone Please Ward?

If you could turn the fog of war off, and have perfect vision of the enemy team at all times, you would, and you would almost certainly win every game you played. So why then, is warding something that few seem to appreciate? Today I am going to write about warding: the attitudes towards it in low to mid ELO games and why it’s important to do, with some information on how to do it effectively.

Attitudes towards warding

Anyone who’s ever played Support in soloqueue, be it through that being your favourite position like myself, or through simply getting last pick and being forced to play it, knows how frustrating most teams attitudes towards warding can be. There have been countless games where the statement “you’re the Support, you do the warding” has been said. While this statement is true if coming from your ADC in the laning phase, outside of the laning phase this is anything but true. While Support should be warding throughout the game, they shouldn’t be the only one doing it. Even with the Season 3 Mastery changes and full GP/10 Quints, supports still average the lowest gold income in the game, yet many players expect them to be warding everywhere at all times.

Warding is so easy yet so important.

It is clear from the fact that players want Supports to ward that they appreciate the importance of vision in the game, yet they refuse to pay the 75g to aquire it. One thing I think many don’t realise is that paying 75/150g for a couple of wards, which keep you from being ganked, is a far better investment than 150g towards your next item. After all, there’s no point in having items if you’re not alive to use them. The fact of the matter is, if every position bought one ward after the laning phase, the game would go so much more smoothly. If we assume the Support has a Ruby Sightstone and is using Vision Wards on Baron Nashor and Dragon, having the rest of your team buy one ward each gives you nine wards on the map! This is more than enough to cover every situation for being either aggressive and warding the enemy jungle as you push, or your own jungle if you’re being defensive. 75g is nothing to a Carry and the reward gained from it is huge. If you take away anything from reading this, I can only hope that it’s that warding shouldn’t be the sole responsibility of the Support.

So how can you ward effectively in game?

The object of warding is to gain vision of crucial areas of the map that you expect your enemy to be in. Gaining vision of these areas, especially when your enemy doesn’t have vision, gives you a huge advantage. In the laning phase it helps protect against ganks from the jungler and helps you make the most of your advantages; if you see the enemy is on the other side of the map you can push objectives like Dragon or Baron Nashor. Learning to ward effectively is a rather simple job and is one that will improve your game to no end.

In this guide to Support by TSM player Xpecial, we find a very useful section on ward placements for a variety of different situations. The information is based on playing as Blue team and suggests the most important positions for wards throughout the game. If we take the nine wards suggested earlier, as a team it is more than possible to cover large chunks of the map giving you a major advantage.This guide however is before the pre-season 3 changes and so fails to mention the utility of Sightstone. It does however give a great overview of basic ward positions.

I keep hearing about Sightstone being the best GP/10 item right now, is this true?

Sightstone doesn’t have any direct GP/10 stats like Philosopher’s Stone or Kage’s Lucky Pick, so the GP/10 you are hearing about comes from the money saved on buying wards throughout the game once you have it. In his Decemeber 8th Support Video Xpecial estimates the GP/10 gain from buying Sightstone at roughly 8GP/10. League of Legends user Siky formalises the math behind this in this thread on the official forums, and for those wanting a very in depth guide on the math behind why Sighstone is a great GP/10 for supports, Reddit user NuffzetPand0ra gives a fantastically detailed explanation in this thread.

While the math behind it is interesting for those who enjoy the theorycrafting side of League of Legends, I would not be doing my readers justice if I did not attempt to explain it in a concise manner.

Philosopher’s Stone costs 700g and gives the user 5 gold per 10. This means it takes 23 minutes of having the Philosophers Stone for it to return a profit to you. Because a Sightstone costs 700g and wards cost 75g each, we have to place 10 wards (rounded up from the exact figure of 9.3 wards) before we start saving money. If we place the maximum two wards as soon as we can every 3 minutes, this means after 3*5=15minutes the Sightstone has returned its cost in saved money. From this moment on, every ward you place with Sightstone saves you 75g, but as you can place two wards at once you’re saving 150g over the two wards you would have had to purchase at full price. This is a saving of 150g every 3 minutes or a saving of 50g every minute, which then through the simple sum of 50/6 gives you a saving of 8.3g every 10 seconds. This is 3.3gold per 10 higher than the highest GP/10 item Philosophers Stone.

As we can see from some rather simple math, Sightstone is the most effective GP/10 item you can buy early game as a support.

GP10 is always important

So where does this fit in with warding?

This is a fairly simple question really. Buying Sightstone as a first or second item gives a greater gold return in the long run that any GP/10 item you can buy, and with the added bonus of giving you four wards between every return to base. At this stage, Sightstone is a very strong item, allowing the support a lot more flexibility in lane and a greater gold return than before.

With Sightstone Riot has given players the opportunity to be a lot more flexible with their warding. Buying a Sightstone and a Vision Ward as a support in the laning phase will allow for the warding of Dragon and lane and ganking bushes around river with ease, making it that much harder for you to be ganked, which is after all, the entire point of warding.

Warding is a thankless task for most players, but is one that is truly essential to the outcome of the game. If done properly it can change the outcome of nearly any given situation, and can give your team the advantage in combat, in farming and in lane. I hope throughout this piece I have expressed the frustration many support players feel when warding, as well as provided information on how to ward and the best ways to do it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2013-01-13 20:04:06
Link | Citer | R

What was nerfed on him? Taric + Urgot, taric stun, urgot does E+W and spam Q 3-4 times while enemy tries to run out of range of the harass. Do that twice and enemy has to back.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-13 20:40:01
Link | Citer | R

He's been nerfed since last season.
By volkom 2013-01-13 20:41:11
Link | Citer | R

talon rake + jarvan poke = they always go back

then again uri and i troll bot lane
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-01-13 21:47:22
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Sivir carry

Fun game nonetheless.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2013-01-13 21:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Volibear OP

Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-13 21:56:48
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Scratch that.
Where the *** are the servers? I'm getting worse ping on NA than a guy from EUWNA on NA.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2013-01-13 22:03:41
Link | Citer | R

los angeles, California
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-13 22:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Mage Fortune falls off late, but is a lot of fun early. I missed a lot of DFG oppurtunities and Wit's End may not have been best itemization.

Got many more deaths than kills near the end.
By volkom 2013-01-13 23:50:04
Link | Citer | R

prolly falls off because you need magic pen and lich bane helps >_>
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-13 23:54:01
Link | Citer | R

well even versus kat and others without mdef it was low, but yeah i shoulda gotten some pen/lb instead of wits.

i did have pen runes, masteries, boots, and malady though.
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-01-14 00:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Dat Lux support.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog