Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-10-11 19:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
volkom said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
I pulled a 9/4/2 last night, & am having a hard time seeing me beating that anytime soon. I've only used Garen so far, & am wondering if anyone has any advice as to which champ/s I should unlock for some variety/backups. something similar to garen's playstyle would be best. I'm getting close to having enough IP to unlock the 6300 tier guys, & am terrifed of wasting the IP on a champ that I'll say "meh" and want to move along. thanks in advance, as usual.
so you like that tankyness, and if you get too close to me than i'ma smack you kinda thing? might like j4, or malphite. try picking some champs from the menu and watching some videos on youtube about them

yeah so far, I don't like being squishy.

who's j4?

would definately like a melee, the answer's not so cut & dry I take it?

damn subtleties

edit*

was kinda looking at the monk monkey, wukung or someshit, how's he do?
I personally love Wukong, but he can be countered quite well. But he is quite easy to pick up and play. But he isn't tanky by nature, and using his decoy and gap-closer requires good timing. If you want him tanky, he needs the right masteries in combination with good item selection.
If you want a champ thats like Garen who can be tanky and hurts like hell when you are up close, give Darius a thought. Jarvan 4th is also the same. Tanky by nature, can hurt like nuts if you let him. Both are melee and I think you would like at least one of these two if you liked Garen.

EDIT: Oh and if you haven't already, make sure to look up the Champion Spotlights from Riot on Youtube to get a general grasp of how a champion works.
 Asura.Lolserj
Serveur: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-11 23:09:42
Link | Citer | R

I CANT WAIT UNTIL LEAGUE IS DONE DOWNLOADING SO I CAN MAX IT OUT
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-11 23:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shadowa said: »
j4 = Jarvan the 4th. Wukong is a champ that requires a bit of guile and deception to use correctly with his clone and gap closer.

I'd say just keep playing the free champions each week until you click with one. There are so many bruisers in the game it'd be hard for us to pick one for you. You should try out Pantheon, Jax, and Tyndamere who are free this week. I think they should fit your criteria.

right on, thanks for the advice
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-11 23:59:15
Link | Citer | R

ty as well
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-12 00:03:00
Link | Citer | R

What is it you like about Garen Mosin, specifically? No mana pool, hearty, versatility, etc. Narrow it down to a few things that you feel work well with you as a player and we can suggest champs from those things.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-10-12 00:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Uri is a poopface.

Also i think i like Kennen..
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-12 00:29:48
Link | Citer | R

They might not be the exact same kind of gameplay (they use MP, not the same mobility/escape mechanics etc), but when I don't feel like playing Garen yet playing the exact same role (solotop), I usually go for Darius or Jax.

I would advice trying either as they are very solid characters, and Jax is rather cheap (1350 IPs).
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-10-12 00:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Jayce.
Forever solo top king.
Darius is very similar to Garen and very strong there as well.
Jax is easy to learn/use.

Albeit at Mosin's level they odn't ahve jungles so looking at solo ability in lane is eh, need someone who can mesh with a laning partner.
 Shiva.Gansito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2012-10-12 01:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Need a new champ to play. Don't care who. Will buy the first champ that is suggested that i don't have. GO GO GO!!!
 Asura.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-10-12 01:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-10-12 01:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Bazzzzzinga!
[+]
 Shiva.Gansito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2012-10-12 01:39:49
Link | Citer | R

karma it is
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-12 01:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said: »
Jayce.
Forever solo top king.
Darius is very similar to Garen and very strong there as well.
Jax is easy to learn/use.

Albeit at Mosin's level they odn't ahve jungles so looking at solo ability in lane is eh, need someone who can mesh with a laning partner.
Or good escape/defensive mechanics, like Jax. Allows to be lenient on wards if the opponent jungle isn't too active and survive any attempt that involve direct hits.

I'm really interested to try Jayce, he seems fun especially with his hammer. Though I have to admit, I never faced a good Jayce, how does he steamroll at solotop?
By Rhaokin 2012-10-12 02:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Anyway...

Just bought Lux.

Decent build suggestions and strategy for her?

Here you go. :3

I never really got around to finishing it because I pretty much lost interest in the game for now. The item order (but not the contents) on the first build may be a little inaccurate based on my latest gameplay.

I should add Kassadin to the "Frequent mid opponents" section, and include details about my comical Doran's Blade start when facing him.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Though I have to admit, I never faced a good Jayce, how does he steamroll at solotop?

It's because Dyrus plays him.
By volkom 2012-10-12 03:03:58
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-10-12 03:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Related videos LMAO

Gangplank doesn't approve of being used as a jungler with Trinity Force.

Anyways thanks for posting that volkom, I've been waiting to see that for a while after seeing clips in the Regional Championship broadcast..
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-10-12 06:33:17
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

WTB LoL CGI Movie.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-12 06:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Rhaokin said: »
Though I have to admit, I never faced a good Jayce, how does he steamroll at solotop?

Doesn't say much to me :(
 Bahamut.Whypaul
Serveur: Bahamut
user: whypaul
By Bahamut.Whypaul 2012-10-12 07:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Never posted in this thread before but no time like the present i suppose ^.^

I saw Alex Ich's eve mid and thought i'd give it a shot, i've not played her since her remake until now and even then i only played her when i played with friends and we just played "Pick a lane and THEN press random" and riot hated me, and omg her burst potential when AP with a DFG matched with that ulti of hers is broken. I found the first 3-4 levels of her laning phase to be a bit dicey but the majority of LoL players cant CS any way so that doesn't matter and she can CS under turret quite easily with her Q spam.

I've been starting boots/pots, rushing a lucky pick, and then going to boots of mobility and DFG. As soon as i have the DFG i start roaming and can more or less kill something in lane with 1 combo, no matter how much HP they have.

I think i just found my new favourite mid champ, MOVE OVER KENNEN. I'd advise any1 who hasn't tried eve ap mid to have a go and see what happens, i'm finding her loads of fun.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-10-12 08:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Iron Pandemonium said:

Slam dunking nooblords etc

[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-10-12 08:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Rhaokin said: »

Doesn't say much to me :(
How about no.
Dyrus(and every other solo top worth a ***in competition) play his because his kit is so overly broken.
First read his hammer E, if you still have some questions take into account that his kit is actually 6 abilities(not counting his shift) on one champion. a move speed buff, a poke, a gap closer, heavy dmg, aoe dmg and an attack speed buff. Between these 6 abilities you also have no constant cool down if you're using your shift properly. Because of this you become a one man team. You use your gate and accelerated blast to initiate/poke, then activate your attack speed buff, change to hammer and go through the gate. You the gap close and use your heavy dmg hammer strike. Now if that doesn't kill them you switch to cannon and fire a gate enhanced blast again.

Jayce being the best solo top is irrelevant to who plays him. They play or ban him for a reason, that reason is because he's an absolute monster in top lane who is capable of doing everything.

If they're a bad Jayce then yeah, no problem. But a good Jayce makes Darius, Jax and other very strong solo top champs look like ***.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-12 08:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Jayce being the best solo top is irrelevant to who plays him. They play or ban him for a reason, that reason is because he's an absolute monster in top lane who is capable of doing everything.
I see, that's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks.

I never saw him banned and he's very rarely played in the games I do, so I was wondering why exactly (on SFIV, the majority of people were playing Sagat, not messing around with Dan, but on LoL everyone plays Teemo). I don't watch "pro" matches and I'm rather new, that's why Dyrus playing him or not, it didn't tell me much.

Usually, the Jayces I face stop at the gate shot. Nothing happens after, ever, team fight, 1 on 1, you name it. Good to know that they were just bad and that the character goes beyond.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-10-12 08:57:45
Link | Citer | R

I see, that's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks.

I never saw him banned and he's very rarely played in the games I do, so I was wondering why exactly (on SFIV, the majority of people were playing Sagat, not messing around with Dan, but on LoL everyone plays Teemo). I don't watch "pro" matches and I'm rather new, that's why Dyrus playing him or not, it didn't tell me much.

Usually, the Jayces I face stop at the gate shot. Nothing happens after, ever, team fight, 1 on 1, you name it. Good to know that they were just bad and that the character goes beyond.
Yeah, they're just bad at Jayce.
Cause hammer is OP.

Thundering Blow(E in hammer form)
ACTIVE: Deals magic damage equal to a base amount plus a percentage of the target's maximum health, knocking the target back a short distance.
MAGIC DAMAGE: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 100% Bonus AD)
MAX HEALTH TO DAMAGE RATIO: 8% / 11% / 14% / 17% / 20%
By volkom 2012-10-12 09:01:27
Link | Citer | R

can watch dyrus (darius) vs shy (jayce)
ignore commentary just watch
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-10-12 09:14:05
Link | Citer | R

A song I wrote:

Levelin' up, back in my lane
Didn't die, just had to go back
Walking back, who needs teleport?
Just need flash and ignite.

So many times it happens so fast
You trade your health for some damage
Opponents never learn, they forget the past
They try so hard but can't stay alive

It's the hue of the kaiser, he will win in the mid
Taking down the health of their carry
Only the jungler now, in the bushes he hid
But he died anyway to the Morde, hue he bid

Face to face, down by the dragon
5 versus 1, even odds.
So much death, Ez claims to be laggin'
Now he's pushin' his own turrets down

Risin' up, Morde is now fed
Teammates all blamin' each other
When they see that skull on their head
They give up, they're already dead

The hue of the kaiser
The hue of the kaiser
The hue of the kaiser
The hue of the kaiser
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-10-12 09:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dameshi said: »
A song I wrote:
Jayce/Morde combo.
Every team fight is 6.5 v 4
:|
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-12 09:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, let's get a clear idea :D

EDIT:

Okay, I never saw this kind of Jaycing, it looks fun. I'll farm the 4000IP missing this week end!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-12 09:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What is it you like about Garen Mosin, specifically? No mana pool, hearty, versatility, etc. Narrow it down to a few things that you feel work well with you as a player and we can suggest champs from those things.

sry it took me a minute to respond there, I have a stupid weekly meeting at 7am on fridays, & I *** hate mornings, so I try to go to bed early, but instead lay there for hours on end, not nessicarily even thinking but.... hohoho I guess that's a whole other story in of itself, I should digress.

I think specifically I like that 4/5 of his abilities are offensive. he's got the AOE move for minions, & to break up fights between other champs. and most of his other abilities are sweet high damage single target. I guess I wanna get in there & mix it up. idk. still pretty dumb at this one.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-10-12 09:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Mosin, I think you'd like Pantheon. He's the definition of man.
First Page 2 3 ... 298 299 300 ... 577 578 579