Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-20 14:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Time for an episode of "Confessions of a snitch."
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
If you dont like the comment on someone's bazzar.... Ummm stop checking him or her.
Doesn't really work that way. Things that have been seen can't be unseen. People who have stick figure obscenities in their bazaar comments are doing it purely for the childish shock value. They know that kind of thing is not allowed, yet they persist because they want to see if they can and they want to see if and how people react to it. It's idiotic.
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
People that do that are about the same type of people at work would run to the supervisor and say my co-worker Ed, stole 3 company ink pens. Come on!

I'm sorry for the rant(trolling), I just really hate snitches. Period.
There's a difference between being a snitch to garner favor with a hypothetical boss and attempting to keep your game free from childish idiocy.

It's not that hard to behave. It really, really, REALLY isn't. People who refuse to need to go back to elementary school and pay closer attention to how they graded you on things other than "math" and "spelling"--things like "plays well with others" or "self-discipline." Or was that just my school? lol.

Someone being an idiot to you? Don't be an idiot back, don't get into an argument with them, don't roll your eyes and sarcastically say "oh yeah we obviously use 3rd party apps," just don't say anything. Did you turn down a party invite with a polite "no thanks" and have someone bite back "why the f- not?" Don't swear back--you're now just as guilty as the other idiot. (True story--yes I GMed him, yes he got suspended for a few hours.)

I'm not a snitch. I don't go around GMing everyone who uses a word the game would otherwise filter... unless they direct it at me. I just like to teach people that their actions have consequences and that if you misbehave, haul off swearing at someone you don't know for no good reason, or think you can talk endless trash with no retaliation, one day you will invoke the ire of the wrong person.

OP, I hope you come through because the rules are obviously being applied differently to you--you never had a first suspension for this one to come to an account review.

Here's hoping for sanity in all facets of the game.

In before tl;dr and rate downs.

[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-20 14:17:20
Link | Citer | R

So here's what basically happened, nothing interesting, but proven to just make my day so much more awesome:

"Take care and hope to see you online!"

What an *** D:
[+]
By Dionel 2010-07-20 14:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
If you dont like the comment on someone's bazzar.... Ummm stop checking him or her.
Doesn't really work that way. Things that have been seen can't be unseen. People who have stick figure obscenities in their bazaar comments are doing it purely for the childish shock value. They know that kind of thing is not allowed, yet they persist because they want to see if they can and they want to see if and how people react to it. It's idiotic.
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
People that do that are about the same type of people at work would run to the supervisor and say my co-worker Ed, stole 3 company ink pens. Come on! I'm sorry for the rant(trolling), I just really hate snitches. Period.
There's a difference between being a snitch to garner favor with a hypothetical boss and attempting to keep your game free from childish idiocy. It's not that hard to behave. It really, really, REALLY isn't. People who refuse to need to go back to elementary school and pay closer attention to how they graded you on things other than "math" and "spelling"--things like "plays well with others" or "self-discipline." Or was that just my school? lol. Someone being an idiot to you? Don't be an idiot back, don't get into an argument with them, don't roll your eyes and sarcastically say "oh yeah we obviously use 3rd party apps," just don't say anything. Did you turn down a party invite with a polite "no thanks" and have someone bite back "why the f- not?" Don't swear back--you're now just as guilty as the other idiot. (True story--yes I GMed him, yes he got suspended for a few hours.) I'm not a snitch. I don't go around GMing everyone who uses a word the game would otherwise filter... unless they direct it at me. I just like to teach people that their actions have consequences and that if you misbehave, haul off swearing at someone you don't know for no good reason, or think you can talk endless trash with no retaliation, one day you will invoke the ire of the wrong person. OP, I hope you come through because the rules are obviously being applied differently to you--you never had a first suspension for this one to come to an account review. Here's hoping for sanity in all facets of the game. In before tl;dr and rate downs.
You say you're not a snitch unless it was directed toward, but in the end, you are a snitch. You proved it by admitting you GMed on someone because he or she used the F word towards you. Let me ask you this, if he or she didn't use the F word and just said "why not?" would you still reacted as a negative responce? Just because someone adds the F word into it doesn't mean it's always bad. Would you GM on someone if they said "You're F-ing awsome"?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-20 14:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Alzeroth... you ... got banned?!?

is that why you didn't answer my /t's yesterday?!
;-;!!!!!!!!!!

ya know, you gettin' banned is makin' me think twice bout joinin' yer shell =x

does the rest of the shell know?
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-20 14:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Alzeroth... you ... got banned?!? is that why you didn't answer my /t's yesterday?! ;-;!!!!!!!!!! ya know, you gettin' banned is makin' me think twice bout joinin' yer shell =x does the rest of the shell know?

Yeah I was skyping with all my members, don't worry, as you can see there is nothing wrong with what I did, was just a childish accusation, I'm on the phone with the losers right now, and they actualy don't have any proof regarding this suspension even happening, looks like I'll be reactivated shortly hahah.
And I need you in my shell, my whms are getting lazy :p
Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
People that do that are about the same type of people at work would run to the supervisor and say my co-worker Ed, stole 3 company ink pens. Come on! I'm sorry for the rant(trolling), I just really hate snitches. Period.
There's a difference between being a snitch to garner favor with a hypothetical boss and attempting to keep your game free from childish idiocy. It's not that hard to behave. It really, really, REALLY isn't. People who refuse to need to go back to elementary school and pay closer attention to how they graded you on things other than "math" and "spelling"--things like "plays well with others" or "self-discipline." Or was that just my school? lol. Someone being an idiot to you? Don't be an idiot back, don't get into an argument with them, don't roll your eyes and sarcastically say "oh yeah we obviously use 3rd party apps," just don't say anything. Did you turn down a party invite with a polite "no thanks" and have someone bite back "why the f- not?" Don't swear back--you're now just as guilty as the other idiot. (True story--yes I GMed him, yes he got suspended for a few hours.) I'm not a snitch. I don't go around GMing everyone who uses a word the game would otherwise filter... unless they direct it at me. I just like to teach people that their actions have consequences and that if you misbehave, haul off swearing at someone you don't know for no good reason, or think you can talk endless trash with no retaliation, one day you will invoke the ire of the wrong person. OP, I hope you come through because the rules are obviously being applied differently to you--you never had a first suspension for this one to come to an account review. Here's hoping for sanity in all facets of the game. In before tl;dr and rate downs.

Siren.Miayoko
Serveur: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-20 14:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Lol I told ya Alz they are pretty worthless but at least you can keep ragin till you get higher up the food chain.

GO GO FIGHT THE POWA!
By Dionel 2010-07-20 14:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Alzeroth... you ... got banned?!? is that why you didn't answer my /t's yesterday?! ;-;!!!!!!!!!! ya know, you gettin' banned is makin' me think twice bout joinin' yer shell =x does the rest of the shell know?
Yeah I was skyping with all my members, don't worry, as you can see there is nothing wrong with what I did, was just a childish accusation, I'm on the phone with the losers right now, and they actualy don't have any proof regarding this suspension even happening, looks like I'll be reactivated shortly hahah. And I need you in my shell, my whms are getting lazy :p
Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Once you get online, contact that GM and give him a nice /wave
 Cerberus.Shanyn
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-07-20 14:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Dionel said:
Let me ask you this, if he or she didn't use the F word and just said "why not?" would you still reacted as a negative responce?
No, I wouldn't have. Asking "Why not?" is a genuine expression of curiosity, and I would have answered him--because I don't want to duo things that are already giving me low exp, because I need to get up and cook dinner every now and then and couldn't do that if someone was relying on me to heal them, because I'm holding out hope for a full party that gives me at least 10k an hour. (This was an invite to duo VoS FoVs while I was already soloing there while seeking party.)

Adding that word made the whole thing hostile, and I don't let people talk to me like that. People need to learn that their words and actions have consequences and that you'll eventually anger the wrong person if you chronically break the rules. Deal with it.

In the end it's a difference of opinion--you think I'm a snitch. I don't. I think people who misbehave despite being aware that the rules don't allow such words or lewd bazaar comments need to be taught a lesson. You don't. Neither of our opinions is more valid than the other. Don't swear at me and I won't GM you, and we can play together in peace.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-20 14:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Don't swear at me and I won't GM you, and we can play together in peace.
/swears at you saying "Help me open this god damn pickle jar"
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-20 14:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
People that do that are about the same type of people at work would run to the supervisor and say my co-worker Ed, stole 3 company ink pens. Come on!

There's a difference between being a snitch to garner favor with a hypothetical boss and attempting to keep your game free from childish idiocy.

It's not that hard to behave. It really, really, REALLY isn't. People who refuse to need to go back to elementary school and pay closer attention to how they graded you on things other than "math" and "spelling"--things like "plays well with others" or "self-discipline." Or was that just my school? lol.

Someone being an idiot to you? Don't be an idiot back, don't get into an argument with them, don't roll your eyes and sarcastically say "oh yeah we obviously use 3rd party apps," just don't say anything. Did you turn down a party invite with a polite "no thanks" and have someone bite back "why the f- not?" Don't swear back--you're now just as guilty as the other idiot. (True story--yes I GMed him, yes he got suspended for a few hours.)

I'm not a snitch. I don't go around GMing everyone who uses a word the game would otherwise filter... unless they direct it at me. I just like to teach people that their actions have consequences and that if you misbehave, haul off swearing at someone you don't know for no good reason, or think you can talk endless trash with no retaliation, one day you will invoke the ire of the wrong person.

OP, I hope you come through because the rules are obviously being applied differently to you--you never had a first suspension for this one to come to an account review.

since when are stick figures offensive?
i'd say being able to imagine stick figures *** is pretty inventive and not childish at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-20 14:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Dionel said:
Let me ask you this, if he or she didn't use the F word and just said "why not?" would you still reacted as a negative responce?
No, I wouldn't have. Asking "Why not?" is a genuine expression of curiosity, and I would have answered him--because I don't want to duo things that are already giving me low exp, because I need to get up and cook dinner every now and then and couldn't do that if someone was relying on me to heal them, because I'm holding out hope for a full party that gives me at least 10k an hour. (This was an invite to duo VoS FoVs while I was already soloing there while seeking party.) Adding that word made the whole thing hostile, and I don't let people talk to me like that. People need to learn that their words and actions have consequences and that you'll eventually anger the wrong person if you chronically break the rules. Deal with it. In the end it's a difference of opinion--you think I'm a snitch. I don't. I think people who misbehave despite being aware that the rules don't allow such words or lewd bazaar comments need to be taught a lesson. You don't. Neither of our opinions is more valid than the other. Don't swear at me and I won't GM you, and we can play together in peace.

Okay difference between you and I.
What I did, was for lulz. I've never had anyone say somehting like "Wow thats rude" or "please remove that".
If so I would have respected that thought.
Prime example.
I have a shirt that says "Slavery Gets ***Done"
and on the shirt their are pictures of pyramids.

Well I was at an event, and some black woman went apeshit on me over the shirt... no pun intented. Along with her boyfriend, respecting that they were offended, I took my shirt off. But then some people got offended by how fat I was, so I put it back on.. turned into a vicious circle afterwards, and even though it was pyramids and not cottonfields, I still respected their feelings.

And you, well you just QQ over something ridiculous and get people suspended for something which seems to be a waste of time on your end.

I know for a fact it was a friend that reported me for shits and giggles, they just wont release the info, privacy blah blah blah.

Moral of the story, I was having fun, you're just a douche.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shanyn
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-07-20 14:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
i'd say being able to imagine stick figures *** is pretty inventive and not childish at all.
I loled.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-07-20 14:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Don't swear at me and I won't GM you, and we can play together in peace.
/swears at you saying "Help me open this god damn pickle jar"
brb PMing mods. You need to learn that your behavior has consequences!
I mean, I got beat up in high school a lot and take pleasure in seeing others get in trouble for things that I could have simply ignored like a balanced person who isn't so naive as to think they can actually censor their world from idiocy.
Stick figure sex!?!? Unacceptable!

/sarcasm
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-20 14:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

there are 10-13 year olds that play ffxi...
and not just once in a blue moon but every day.

met a couple since i've started. (and lordy lord @.@ one always bugged me)
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-20 14:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:

Here's the difference though. This game is rated T by the ESRB meaning you should be at least 13 years of age to play this game. Not to mention you need to be 13 to legally play this game to begin with. At this age I realize many people are immature and childish, and the given rating doesn't necessarily reflect the overall age group with the community therein but it does reflect on how wide the target audience is.

With that said, I would like to think if something as childish and petty as sexual stick figures would be simply dismissed as that: childish, petty and insignificant.

Going out of your way to abuse policy systematics to get someone in trouble over that is no longer an attempt to "clean up" the game, it was a willful act of spite, and ironically makes you the more childish one. Especially when a significantly more simple action would be to ask the person to remove it, or simply ignore it and move on with your life.

The police don't need to be called every time you feel insulted.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-20 14:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Online Games aren't rated anymore thanks to Pokemon.

I mean are you gonna really rate Pokemon "T"?

hell i've heard 100000000000000000000 10 year olds on xbox360 shout profanities on XBL

*** you Phantasy Star Universe
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-07-20 14:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Shanyn i wouldnt call you a snitch, i would probly call you a little *** who has a miserable life and has to take out their frustration on people who have stickman orgys in their bazaar comment

really there is no reason to GM people over swearing, u realize there is a function that will block that out in game right?

idk if it would do anything to swears in a bazaar comment, but who the *** cares?

This is why things suck because SE has to make *** like you happy, why dont u go *** snitch about some other things that dont really matter

honestly i'd rather have GMs banning RMTs and botters, not people who swear and have stickman orgys
[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-20 14:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
since when are stick figures offensive? i'd say being able to imagine stick figures *** is pretty inventive and not childish at all.
there are 10-13 year olds that play ffxi... and not just once in a blue moon but every day. met a couple since i've started. (and lordy lord @.@ one always bugged me)

there was this chick that was always in one of my old linkshells, this one dude would always hit on her, she her a birthday, and was all like "Yeah just turned 13"
Havn't seen him since..
Fenrir.Tool said:
Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Cerberus.Robmelee said:
Here's the difference though. This game is rated T by the ESRB meaning you should be at least 13 years of age to play this game. Not to mention you need to be 13 to legally play this game to begin with. At this age I realize many people are immature and childish, and the given rating doesn't necessarily reflect the overall age group with the community therein but it does reflect on how wide the target audience is. With that said, I would like to think if something as childish and petty as sexual stick figures would be simply dismissed as that: childish, petty and insignificant. Going out of your way to abuse policy systematics to get someone in trouble over that is no longer an attempt to "clean up" the game, it was a willful act of spite, and ironically makes you the more childish one. Especially when a significantly more simple action would be to ask the person to remove it, or simply ignore it and move on with your life. The police don't need to be called every time you feel insulted.

+1
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-20 14:53:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

hell i've heard 100000000000000000000 10 year olds on xbox360 shout profanities on XBL

Yes, the rating only reflects the game content. Not the online interactions since you can't really put restrictions on free will. But you know what I mean.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-07-20 14:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

there are 10-13 year olds that play ffxi...
and not just once in a blue moon but every day.

met a couple since i've started. (and lordy lord @.@ one always bugged me)

ur not supposed to play before you turn 13, GM them loool
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-07-20 14:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

On XBL, 10 year olds are honestly the most offensive demographic. No sarcasm here, those kids are seriously ornery...
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-20 14:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Also if anyone is offended by language or profanity; turn on your language filter.

It was put in the game for a reason. Same goes for those who QQ over being examined.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-07-20 14:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Also if anyone is offended by language or profanity; turn on your language filter.

It was put in the game for a reason. Same goes for those who QQ over being examined.

i examined this dude in whitegate once and he invited me like 50 times and kept bitching at me saying im not supposed to do that

its an in game function, if it is there why wouldnt we be able to use it?
 Cerberus.Shanyn
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-07-20 14:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Well hey--everyone's entitled to their opinions about everything, including me and my attitude toward willful ignorance of the rules. :) But expressing them obscenely is not only not going to affect me, but get you reported.

Anyway, I figured the response would be something like this, so keep trashing me, keep looking for me to slip up and do something wrong in-game, it's cool--GL in your endeavors. However, I sit secure in the knowledge that I am the better person. ^^/ Have fun, I'm out.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-07-20 14:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Well hey--everyone's entitled to their opinions about everything, including me and my attitude toward willful ignorance of the rules. :) But expressing them obscenely is not only not going to affect me, but get you reported.

Anyway, I figured the response would be something like this, so keep trashing me, keep looking for me to slip up and do something wrong in-game, it's cool--GL in your endeavors. However, I sit secure in the knowledge that I am the ***. ^^/ Have fun, I'm out.

fixed
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-07-20 15:00:08
Link | Citer | R

I usually ignore and refrain from posting such things but I cannot pass up this opportune moment. Are you the guy who always leaves me hateful childish comments?

Well now this is just karma at its finest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-20 15:00:21
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to get a better grip on the reality of well.... reality, and stop giving yourself this sense of self-righteousness that you're doing the right thing over something clearly insignificant in or out of game.

Life goes on, and yours should too without having to put people down needlessly.
[+]
By Dionel 2010-07-20 15:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Tim Tebow's new best friend or is it Tom Treebow (Squidbillies if none of you seen it yet)
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-20 15:08:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious to know if you chastise people in every day life the way you die in game, Shanyn.

If someone cusses at you, give them a smiley emote, it usually does more to irritate them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-20 15:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Cesil said:
I usually ignore and refrain from posting such things but I cannot pass up this opportune moment. Are you the guy who always leaves me hateful childish comments? Well now this is just karma at its finest.

Oh hey Cesil,
nice of you to stop by,
I don't always leave hateful comments, I just point out the truth. In regards to this, I'd ask that you not post, since you don't give anyone the common courtesy to post on your stuff, I'd ask that you leave my thread, kthxbai.

Also, your karma joke is long past due, as I made several throughout the post and in the OP.
Thank you for your kind words though.

Also, the kids next door ran out of chalk, is it cool if they borrow you for a bit to finish up their drawing?
Fairy.Spence said:
I'm curious to know if you chastise people in every day life the way you die in game, Shanyn. If someone cusses at you, give them a smiley emote, it usually does more to irritate them.

Spence where you been? This *** canadian Shanyn came out of nowhere, I've been so lonely without you..
Canadians are supposed to stick together, clearly he is an immigrant!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8