Shield Skill-Up 270+
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Silvarion
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-10 02:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Any1 have some good ideas for shield skill up 270-301?
and which shield type u would choose?
i know shield skill up sucks-.-
small shields higher blockrate sounds perfect and Sipar
from Adamantoise/Aspiolchidone has hidden effect: blockin
rate about 90%+ , sounds sexy.

well which mobs u would choose and which shield beside
Sipar?

thanks for helping
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Serveur: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-10 02:55:15
Link | Citer | R

I would say to pick up a few friends and skill up on Seaboard Vulture they range from 83-84 so they will take you to the cap. As for shield anytime that i was skilling shield i used this but yea sipar > it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-10 02:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Sipar is actually pretty easy to get if you bring a NIN along. Even if you've never fought Adaman before it's really really easy. Aspid on the other hand not so much for a duo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-10 03:02:41
Link | Citer | R

That Mastershield sounds good.
and sipar, ill look for some ls which fight this HNM,
would be not expensive i think.

that seabord vulures, i remember them, is a new nice
camp there. and at those i can cap shield? would be nice
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-10 03:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Yes they will take you to the cap at 80 np since any mob EM+ will take you to your current cap.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-10 03:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Silvarion said:
That Mastershield sounds good.
and sipar, ill look for some ls which fight this HNM,
would be not expensive i think.

that seabord vulures, i remember them, is a new nice
camp there. and at those i can cap shield? would be nice

Oh Aspid is the HNM, the Adamantoise that is the pop alternative is actually very easy to solo/duo/trio. I've soloed before for a friend on NIN, very easy. You'll be surprised.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-10 03:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Haven't fought him myself does he have the auto grav like genbu? If so i imagine it would be incredible easy to solo.

Edit nvm Draw in would kill any kiting plan. ><
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-10 03:18:45
Link | Citer | R

I really don't remember, but yeah it has draw in.

I spammed Ni and San spells standing near a cove in the dune walls.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-10 06:37:18
Link | Citer | R

la vaule (s)

i was flashing a random orc, and when they got down to the water (deaggro if u far enough away), flashing a orc type away from it and using them for skillups

they con T to a PLD80 and going /dnc40 they werent much of a issue for me
 Caitsith.Lerond
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2010-07-10 07:25:14
Link | Citer | R

I helped some friends with Yacumama, i was pld/sch and they were cor/whm and rng/whm can sentinel the 1st hundred fists and 3rd if your ja is rdy get rng to shadowbind when sentinel not up.

They can shoot it but its a lot easier if they dont ws or it will reset hate and you will need to waste mp chasing them so save ws for the last 10%.

Good luck if you go for that i got about 5 lvls off that and some parry and sword in 3 pops. (Koenig shield, tried smaller shield it didnt reduce damage enough for my liking.)
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-10 07:45:27
Link | Citer | R

mnk mobs would be nice. or chigoe ^^
 Siren.Catabolic
Serveur: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-10 07:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Could also try Greater Manticores in the back of Cape Teriggan by Gustav tunnel entrance. @80 Still con even-tough con. Can be solo'd easily enough once you get the hang of them, and ppl usually avoid them like the plague. Zone to your back and FOV book right next to you. If you were on my server I wouldn't have given away one of my fav spots :P
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-10 08:03:34
Link | Citer | R

dont they have Max hp/mp down stuff?
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-10 08:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Max MP down I know for sure, I forget the % but I was doing ok against them /WAR at 77. It was kinda a luck based fight as they were whooping my butt pretty good even with spamming Sanguine Blade, but then again I didn't have Perle set and was trying a makeshift turtle build (had sold most of it off). Goodluck to you!
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-10 08:12:24
Link | Citer | R

The Korrigan in the tree used to be good, but since the 80 cap came out, the best way to do it is:

*Go to Besieged as pld/whm.
*Go to the Galkan General.
*Cast Repraisal.
*Reraise up, pop a fanatic's drink.
*Cast diaga on all the monsters.

They all should come for you if they were previously unclaimed. They will all hit you, and you will take 0 damage because of the Fanatic's drink. Enjoy your free skillups. You can do this as many times as your temp. items get refreshed.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Serveur: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-10 08:12:28
Link | Citer | R

they do attacks randomly that drop mp down. I don't remember them ever doing HP down. It never posed an issue though. I used to solo them at 75 rdm for parry(ugh) skill ups. Straight tank melee style usually 2-3 in a row before i needed to rest(t++-vt++ con to me then). @80 PLD should be able to clean house pretty easily and get skill ups.
 Bahamut.Silvarion
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-10 08:15:30
Link | Citer | R

that besieged move sounds funny :D
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-10 08:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
The Korrigan in the tree used to be good, but since the 80 cap came out, the best way to do it is:

*Cast Repraisal.

They all should come for you if they were previously unclaimed. They will all hit you, and you will take 0 damage because of the Fanatic's drink. Enjoy your free skillups. You can do this as many times as your temp. items get refreshed.
Going to test that once I get a 80 and a chance to do Besieged. Do you happen to have a screenshot or two of it?
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-10 09:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:

*Cast Repraisal.

Going to test that once I get a 80 and a chance to do Besieged. Do you happen to have a screenshot or two of it?

I don't, sorry. But if you have the shield that blocks like all of the attacks, it will be off the wall trust me.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-10 09:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Sadly I don't have a Sipar, would love to get one though but I don't follow HNMs at all. Probably only chance I have of getting one is talking to the leader of a shell, but even then I don't feel like messing with them. I do have the Shield Mastery shield, might use that one.
 Sylph.Fleury
Serveur: Sylph
user: Fleury
By Sylph.Fleury 2010-07-10 09:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Decorative Weapons in sky i capped mine here. DC are good till about 295 and EM-T ones can cap you ... with Phalanx they usually don't hit for more then 50 dmg on a non-shield block attack. Can solo them but i brought my WHM mule along and just used Regen III was more then enough.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-10 13:10:18
Link | Citer | R

*Cast Repraisal.

used this to hit eva276 back in the day on THF lol
By Kwontess 2010-07-10 13:59:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm up to 299. I've mostly been doing Bhaflau Thickets at the Mamool Ja Staging point when parties aren't there. I'm always doing something else when beseiged happens. The Infiltrators are great. If there is a party there I pull the skoffins that they leave behind. I know size 1 shields block more, but I've been using size 3 (with high enough shield skill you still block a lot with size 3). I don't know that damage mitigation would be enough with size 1 to take the skoffins. I'd say I get about 2.5-3 levels an hour and 2.5k exp.

If you can get a party for abyssea Tahrongi, the mandragoras there are also very good for shield skills.
 Cerberus.Denaub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Denaub
By Cerberus.Denaub 2010-07-10 14:01:41
Link | Citer | R

My friend capped out really fast on the Thew bomblet nm mandy in abyssea-Tahrongi and the surrounding mandies. Hit for super piddly dmg (single digits but he is and aegis pld). Nothing like getting skill up and making a profit to make you appreciate this game again ^^
 Bahamut.Ashua
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-07-10 14:18:53
Link | Citer | R

use as much +shield skill gear as you can get your hands on. Go to the low greater colibri camp in nyzul and sub either rdm or dancer. I had no problem soloing VT colibri at 76.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-07-10 14:35:14
Link | Citer | R

PLD/DNC is sex for building up shield skill, almost no down time. I remember capping to 276 on steelshells and when MP started going down >>> Aspir Samba! :D I'm still not looking forward to finishing guard tho ><
 Asura.Aust
Serveur: Asura
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2010-07-14 15:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Not exactly the ideal situation for everyone, but I've figured out a way to solo Faust on PLD and the amount of shield skill ups are amazing someone who isn't capped, could probably cap them in a few solo fights.
 Asura.Rule
Serveur: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-07-14 15:21:37
Link | Citer | R

i don't care about the speed at which i get the skill ups so just doing dynamis, einherjar, and abyssea raises it a little each day
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-07-28 10:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Light buckler is also a great shield for skill ups.

Size 1 so blocks the most often and is has +5 skill
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-07-28 10:28:58
Link | Citer | R

I must try the besieged advice, seems like 1 lvl 8 besieged and you can get a lot of skill ups
First Page 2