BLM Wearing Full Af...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » BLM wearing full af...
BLM wearing full af...
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-07-01 13:06:21
Link | Citer | R

One thing i never understood is why people wear BLM af full time.... I mean, some BLM AF parts are useful in certain situations (Body for enfeebles, Pants for Aspir and drain) But seeing people walk in it sickens me. They could be wearing ANY piece of gear that would give them refresh or movement speed + (yeah.... right -.-) xD. Of course all this is excluding the Pestatos which are actually useful for nuking. Wearing Body, legs and feet for nuking isn't just useless but they're also ugly as *** lol.wearing any piece of gear that does INT+ or Magic atk + or whatever instead would actually help them dish out more damage. I am never wearing my any af when i walk (i'm allways wearing black cloak, full mp setup and earth staff in case i get aggro it will widen my chances of surviving.), let alone the whole thing, but thats just how i play. I guess those blm's will grow up to be people who are too lazy to put on Black cloak / Relic body / Zenith Body for refresh when they're just standing there doing nothing. I know different people have different play styles but that's just ridiculous. I don't really care about how others play the job, but when there's someone like that in my party it makes me kinda mad that i would work this hard to get decent gears and they can just walk the easy path. I guess all these Astral flows and Manaburns aren't helping either. Anyone agree?

[/rant]
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-01 13:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Your bitching about town gear??

TOWN GEAR?

/facepalm

Unless you mean thoseblm that actually use full af ... that I can understand.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-07-01 13:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... You can find them in manaburns missing half their spells
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-07-01 13:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Upgraded all (but boots) to +1 for fun and I get /stares when in town ;)
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-07-01 13:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
TOWN GEAR?
/facepalm
Actually, there was a pretty good fight last night in Port Jeuno when someone walked by in the full pink Noct set from Abyssea. Made for some fun /popcorn waiting for Limbus to assemble.

But I think just about any job gets to *** about people walking around in full AF.
 Valefor.Houppelande
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-07-01 13:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
I don't really care about how others play the job

Could have fooled me :P

And yes, I realized you said "but when there's someone like that in my party it makes me kinda mad".

But truthfully sir, you'll enjoy this game alot more if you didn't stress yourself out about other's gear.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-01 13:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Spiriel said:
But I think just about any job gets to *** about people walking around in full AF.

Totally depends on the level. Most mage stuff is actually pretty good for the level it is gotten.
At 75+? Maybe not.
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-01 13:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Dang, I remember the days when wearing full AF meant you were a total badass...

I miss you 2003... sorta
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Serveur: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-07-01 13:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Upgraded all (but boots) to 1 for fun and I get /stares when in town ;)
I will /stare and /slap you with evil pleasure, cant get myself the item I miss for +1 ;;
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-01 13:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Only piece of BLM AF that never got used in any macros of mine were the feet.

Loyal to their job maybe? I wouldn't comment until I saw them nuke in it or w/e, but I probably wouldn't make a thread about it...
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-01 13:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Spiriel said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
TOWN GEAR?
/facepalm
Actually, there was a pretty good fight last night in Port Jeuno when someone walked by in the full pink Noct set from Abyssea. Made for some fun /popcorn waiting for Limbus to assemble.

That's just sad when ppl gripe about town gear, when your just sittin around doing nothing, you can wear whatever the *** you want.

Hell, I just put on random goofy ***sometimes just to see what ppl do

[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-01 13:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Spiriel said:

Totally depends on the level. Most mage stuff is actually pretty good for the level it is gotten.
At 75 ? Maybe not.

I dunno.. I can find replacements for every mage job at 50~60 to avoid using more than 1~2 pieces of AF >_>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-01 13:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Spiriel said:

At 75 ? Maybe not.

I dunno.. I can find replacements for every mage job at 50~60 to avoid using more than 1~2 pieces of AF >_>

Consider everyone doesn't have funds to find gear upgrades every single level.

I'm not defending the lazy - if someone just is lazy about farming, then *** 'em. But for someone that just started off, AF for mages is pretty decent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dierdreh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dierdreh
By Bismarck.Dierdreh 2010-07-01 13:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Because its cheap for people who just wanna get it to 75 to have the job? (or to town gear it) Shouldn't matter between 40~75 as most people will solo anyway.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-01 13:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Also I've never been in a manaburn or anything dealing with Blms (only once as Cor, but of course, I'm just leeching + boosting others). As for healing mages, who gives a ***. As long as no one dies, you're fine with me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-01 13:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
One thing i never understood is why people wear BLM af full time.... I mean, some BLM AF parts are useful in certain situations (Body for enfeebles, Pants for Aspir and drain) But seeing people walk in it sickens me. They could be wearing ANY piece of gear that would give them refresh or movement speed (yeah.... right -.-) xD. Of course all this is excluding the Pestatos which are actually useful for nuking. Wearing Body, legs and feet for nuking isn't just useless but they're also ugly as *** lol.wearing any piece of gear that does INT or Magic atk or whatever instead would actually help them dish out more damage. I am never wearing my any af when i walk (i'm allways wearing black cloak, full mp setup and earth staff in case i get aggro it will widen my chances of surviving.), let alone the whole thing, but thats just how i play. I guess those blm's will grow up to be people who are too lazy to put on Black cloak / Relic body / Zenith Body for refresh when they're just standing there doing nothing. I know different people have different play styles but that's just ridiculous. I don't really care about how others play the job, but when there's someone like that in my party it makes me kinda mad that i would work this hard to get decent gears and they can just walk the easy path. I guess all these Astral flows and Manaburns aren't helping either. Anyone agree?

[/rant]

Not everyone can get full relic. Some of us have to use full artifact gear. I have yet to be able to outlot someone on relic gear for BLM! And I've been doing dynamis for some time now...
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-01 13:47:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Sylph.Spiriel said:

At 75 ? Maybe not.

Consider everyone doesn't have funds to find gear upgrades every single level.

I'm not defending the lazy - if someone just is lazy about farming, then *** 'em. But for someone that just started off, AF for mages is pretty decent.

Every level? I was thinking maybe every 10 levels.

BLM Body
Followed by..
Finished by.

3 pieces of gear across over 20 levels, I'd say that was a pretty substantial amount of usage. With a price tag of like 30k on Sylph.

Granted WHM and RDM are slightly pricier, racking up an approximate 200k pricetag for 59-75, but WHM also gains money back at the midway point with a Nobles Tunic.

SMN being a little higher than that without farming materials.

I levelled BLM on a budget, because it was my first job and I'd like to think that even though I never had the best gear, I had more than respectable gear.

I didn't farm a lot, I barely sold anything at all in fact. I lived off ~30k, 50k if I was rich. I made all my money farming Lightning Clusters in Delks tower and selling them for 1~2k each on the AH.

The only thing that "makes" people spend lots of money on gear is stupidity. Similarly, the only thing that "makes" people use full AF for anything is lazyness.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-01 14:14:42
Link | Citer | R

/sarcasm on

Oh no.. somebody playing a game how they choose to play? A GAME!?

This is srs bsns, somebody call the UN, this is quite clearly a world threat beyond anything ever seen before, this is worse than the Legion of Doom!

I mean, somebody playing a game how they want to play it, is quite clearly a reason for concern, it might ruin everybody's "good time".

/sarcasm off
/wait 1
/rant on

In all seriousness, if you have an issue with people not wearing what you think they should wear, or not playing how you want them to play, there is a very simple route.

Drop Party > /blacklist add <name> > Find a new party.

Hell, you can even blacklist them if they aren't in your party.

But guess what, you are going to meet players that don't meet your standards, you are going to meet idiots and you are going to meet jackasses. If you can't cope with that, you need a serious reality check, or you need to go play a game that is offline, because frankly, if you insist on complaining about others, that is what blogging is for, so I don't have to come in here, and *** about you bitching, I can just ignore the existence of that particular website.

/rant off
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said:
/sarcasm on

An MMO at that. This isn't a single player RPG, your gear matters unless all you do is *** around on your own. Manaburns were mentioned, this is not the case.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-01 14:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
/sarcasm on

An MMO at that. This isn't a single player RPG, your gear matters unless all you do is *** around on your own. Manaburns were mentioned, this is not the case.

As I said...

Asura.Daleterrence said:
If you can't cope with that, you need a serious reality check, or you need to go play a game that is offline.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-01 14:21:03
Link | Citer | R

While you have the choice to do what you want within the game, it is an online game with real people, so with the basis of living up to expectations of a community's expectations, don't be surprised if your idea of "my way" doesn't make others happy.

In other words: Yeah it's your $13 a month, but it's our game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
/sarcasm on

As I said...

Asura.Daleterrence said:
If you can't cope with that, you need a serious reality check, or you need to go play a game that is offline.
Why? I do my part to ensure the success of the group, they're not pulling their weight, yet your statement implies that those of my mindset are in the wrong here.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-01 14:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
/sarcasm on

As I said...

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Why? I do my part to ensure the success of the group, they're not pulling their weight, yet your statement implies that those of my mindset are in the wrong here.

I'm not saying that if somebody isn't pulling their weight you should deal with them, simply replace them. If you don't want to play with a particular person, there is no particular reason you should have to. Whilst this is alike to real life, because of the factor of real people playing alongside you, its also a game, in a workplace, you can't push somebody aside because they suck at their job. In FFXI, you easily can. I'm pretty sure, no, very sure that if somebody is considered "gimp", they will find a new place to reside, where nobody cares about it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-01 14:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough, I misunderstood your point.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-01 14:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
In other words: Yeah it's your $13 a month, but it's our game.

Yesh!
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-07-01 14:49:25
Link | Citer | R

BLM is my "main" you could say and I honestly can't recall anyone rocking full AF to nuke in,
maybe years ago. At this point it comes down to skill and I'm not trying to beat the "skill vs. gear"
horse to death but having a BLM around who knows when to stun/aspir/drain/grav/bind/etc.
is far better than anyone in great gear who just nukes like an ***.
That being said and as somebody already pointed out, there are very cheap upgrades from AF...
Get em. No reason to be gimp anymore.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-07-01 16:17:59
Link | Citer | R

I can honestly say, that so long as someone does their job correctly, they could play naked for all I care.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasui
Serveur: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-07-01 16:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
One thing i never understood is why people wear BLM af full time.... I mean, some BLM AF parts are useful in certain situations (Body for enfeebles, Pants for Aspir and drain) But seeing people walk in it sickens me. They could be wearing ANY piece of gear that would give them refresh or movement speed (yeah.... right -.-) xD. Of course all this is excluding the Pestatos which are actually useful for nuking. Wearing Body, legs and feet for nuking isn't just useless but they're also ugly as *** lol.wearing any piece of gear that does INT or Magic atk or whatever instead would actually help them dish out more damage. I am never wearing my any af when i walk (i'm allways wearing black cloak, full mp setup and earth staff in case i get aggro it will widen my chances of surviving.), let alone the whole thing, but thats just how i play. I guess those blm's will grow up to be people who are too lazy to put on Black cloak / Relic body / Zenith Body for refresh when they're just standing there doing nothing. I know different people have different play styles but that's just ridiculous. I don't really care about how others play the job, but when there's someone like that in my party it makes me kinda mad that i would work this hard to get decent gears and they can just walk the easy path. I guess all these Astral flows and Manaburns aren't helping either. Anyone agree?

[/rant]

Says the guy wearing Osode and NQ staves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-01 16:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:

[/rant]

It's no better then 75+ syncing down their gear but people don't really complain much about that. No ones really gonna say "You should have bought gear if you knew you were syncing" It doesn't really bother me having someone 'gimp' cause who I am to judge; Unless I'm going to hand that person gil to make themselves better nothings going to change if I *** about it. Sure I can replace them in a pt that'll fix it but honestly if the exp/hr is still pretty great and they're not holding the group back I don't really care.

Not everyone was born "amazing" at this game. Giving advice instead of being a douche about their gear will help more in the long run; thats why the "this persons gimp" threads are so stupid imo lol
[+]
First Page 2