So..Wtf Is There To Farm Now?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Kujata » So..Wtf is there to farm now?
So..Wtf is there to farm now?
First Page 2
 Kujata.Ryuuske
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Ryuuske 2009-01-06 14:36:58
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much all bloods have been decreased, so no profit there. I heard Skink skins are going pretty good, but those drops are a pain in the ***. What's left? Why does it have to be so hard to make Gil? The game is already real enough to a point..why does the Economy have to be so tight?

Also, I know this is a very much discussed topic, but seriously...it deserves much discussion.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-06 14:52:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I personally like Cockatrice Meats in Sauromague Campaign, with the occasional Couerl when I come across it. I go after Raptors if I feel like it, but those usually drop the EX item more often then their skin.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-01-06 15:00:11
Link | Citer | R

you can always kill mobs that drops gil, demons, goblins and such. at higher lvs 200-400 gil/kill isnt unusual. if you kill fairly fast it adds up. you wont make millions in a day, but its profit.
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Serveur: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-06 15:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Cockatrice Meats in Onzozo drop more often, and there are like 16-20 spawns all in the southern part of the zone. Can usually get 2+ stacks in ah hour easy.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-06 15:26:15
Link | Citer | R

To me this is a dead topic. Are you farming just to sell things or farming to buy mats? Before I started Goldsmithing I muled every beastcoin I acquired. Yes I had 2 full mules of mats for GS to go as high as 40 but with 5-10k a stack on certain coins I save in the long run. If you're farming to buy mats, you can most likely farm the items themselves.

Farming for gil- BCNM or go to areas where mobs drop money. Demons and Gigas have nice gil drops even w/o THF. If you even have THF 40+ there are at least a dozen NMs that you can solo and mug for a great amount. Half the time you can NPC the drop.

You can even cash in your AN and IS. Both of which not only give you exp but you make money off of the items you can buy from the NPCs.
 Kujata.Ryuuske
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Ryuuske 2009-01-06 15:46:30
Link | Citer | R

I like Zanno&Lethewater's opinions. My highest lvl is 53, so I'm not sure If I'm qualified for those manners of farming or not. I might listen to Murdock's advise about Onzozo and give it a try. I'll try a lot of stuff, as long as I get semi-decent results out of it.
Hopefully I'll get a good income soon. A lot of stuff l'll just send to my Mule to sale. Stuff has been selling pretty good here in the past few days. I'll give some stuff a try or two, thanks for the advise! ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chichiri
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Chichiri
By Lakshmi.Chichiri 2009-01-06 16:12:33
Link | Citer | R

You do know how stupid this question is right? You have to find it out to yourself what are the things worth farming and keep it to yourself. By posting here and making your farming spot or item public is just simply making your own competition.

There are still alot of farming spot left and its up to you pick your lazy *** and find it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-06 16:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Well seeing that his highest lvl is 53, he hasn't been playing long so I don't think you should jump on him for that.

All you gotta do is look at the auction house in materials under crafts etc. and see whats in demand that sells often. Start a craft with the things u farm too or fish is also a way too.
 Seraph.Zoey
Serveur: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-06 16:40:17
Link | Citer | R

What most people do to solve this (dilemna?) is research the mobs in this game, thier drops, what the drops are worth, how many of those mobs are in whatever zone, then go out there and kill them to see thier drop rate is.

This very website has the value of most items you can just click the wiki right there. If you like you can go to alla and read player testimonials on many mobs and thier drop frequency or whatever.

I learned myself the hardway in the beggining that FFxi is not playable without a butt load of research, that way you dont burn bridges (ls) by asking tons of annoying (you will annoy as I did) and easy questions to find the answers to at this or many other ffxi information databases.

edit: My advise to you is to farm to not farm. Drop any longings for whatever sweet and overly expensive gear that you may have and only invest your gil to skillup a craft to lvl 100. Many crafts for huge lvl spans pretty much pay for themselves once you get going.
 Siren.Murdock
Serveur: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-06 16:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Ryuuske said:
I like Zanno&Lethewater's opinions. My highest lvl is 53, so I'm not sure If I'm qualified for those manners of farming or not. I might listen to Murdock's advise about Onzozo and give it a try. I'll try a lot of stuff, as long as I get semi-decent results out of it. Hopefully I'll get a good income soon. A lot of stuff l'll just send to my Mule to sale. Stuff has been selling pretty good here in the past few days. I'll give some stuff a try or two, thanks for the advise! ^^

yeah I didnt see that ur only lv53. Onzozo might be to much for you. I farm there 70+. No point in trying to farming if you cant kill the mob quickly and move on to the next with little to no downtime. You be there for hours with little to show. Keep it in mind tho for when you level up.
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-01-06 18:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Though im not playing right now. As a 75thf I recommend getting at least to lvl 45 thf for TH2 then farm and level up a couple of crafts. Take it to 75 and you can farm a ton of areas and have lots of options if places are crowded. One of the benefits of the thf job is the ability to farm and craft for profit better than any other job. Compared to a 75rng/37thf killing rams in Konstadt Highlands I was getting about 30% higher drops on ram horns and skins than he was ... TH2 is a big plus.
 Garuda.Fishheadman
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Fishheadman 2009-01-06 19:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Bee Hive Chips ftw. I personally farmed these until level 60 drk then I moved onto bigger and better farms.
 Seraph.Emoncaine
Serveur: Seraph
user: Emoncaine
By Seraph.Emoncaine 2009-01-06 23:35:36
Link | Citer | R

I just craft and do BCNM's. Sorry no help there lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [4346 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Zidaner
Serveur: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-11-30 23:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Making gil is all about spending your time wisely from month to month now. Doing what is available during the campaigns will typically net you the most profit. If you have a mule or 2 to store things on you can wait until after the campaign ends and usually the price of said item(ex: pixie hairpin +1) will increase.
 Asura.Panasync
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Panasync 2020-12-01 00:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Sick necro, I'll be back in a decade to properly shitpost. See you then, class of covid-2019 4LYFE!!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-01 01:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Ambu, ambu, ambu, aaaaaaaand more ambu, cap that ***every month.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 01:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Odyssey.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 01:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Best content ever, dont hear those whining guys.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-12-01 06:55:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-12-01 07:33:03
Link | Citer | R

I miss Kujata.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eothan
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eothan
By Cerberus.Eothan 2020-12-01 13:16:50
Link | Citer | R

So.. what is a good way to make gil now a days? and how much can you make of it??
By Taint 2020-12-01 13:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Odyssey
Omen
HMPs (outside of event is best)
Ambu spam

The list hasn't really changed. The amount of gil you earn has gone way down but so have prices.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-12-01 13:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Farm every single Empy. That alone should take you a year if you solely do that and nothing else.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-12-01 13:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Farming Ethereal Squamas from Verthandi
Farming Umbral Marrows
Building Tyger/Sarameya/Tinnin popsets and selling the clears/trophies

I'd also say farming Dynamis currency but it seems that the RMT that used to exploit sparks have moved onto monopolizing most of the zones on some servers.

I personally make most of my gil selling AMAN Trove drops but I have all 16 chars on my POL account trove-ready.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-12-01 13:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Beehive chips
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-01 13:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Farming Ethereal Squamas from Verthandi

This only works if your server doesn't have bots or whatever controlling it. Spent a few hours running through zones and didn't catch the NM once.

Anyways, there's really no secret to making money, you just sell stuff. Nobody who has the drop on gil earning methods is going to spell it out for you, but it's not really hard to figure out. This website has a "most viewed" list, and there's hundreds of items that still sell for a good price if you pay attention to things people buy. Obviously, mercing is the highest net gil/hr, but even not doing that, there's still a lot of stuff to make money off of if you do some research.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 13:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Plenty of those VNM mats drops from AmAN trove regular thuds.

So there will always a percentage of supply coming effortless, reducing the profits from people that actually farm them.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-01 13:57:58
Link | Citer | R

While this sounds bad, if you want to reliably make money, invest on your 1$ mules so they can get the exp KIs from rov and bypass the weekly limits from sparks.

Otherwise, i guess competing in a market suffering deflation gonna be a pretty frustrating task.

Also, spend less, and make your money worth more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-01 14:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
While this sounds bad, if you want to reliably make money, invest on your 1$ mules so they can get the exp KIs from rov and bypass the weekly limits from sparks.

Nah this is horrible advice. Don't give SE MORE money/subs so they can justify stiffing us with less content updates in the future, because "their numbers are up". I would much rather a person literally buy gil from an RMT at this point than hand the money to SE.
First Page 2