DNC: The New Queen Of FFXI!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Ferth
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-06-18 13:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
I am a complete douche with no people skills whatsoever, but my contribution to this thread more than makes up for it.

Sorry, but nobody is going to remember your contributions to this thread, what they will remember is how you were an a$$hole in Sea Serpent Grotto...2 years ago and counting. These boards have plenty of enthusiast players who make their contribution without having the need to call people ugly, ***, or stupid.

No I'm really not going to remember that he was an *** in sea serpent grotto 2 years ago, because I'm not on Leviathan and he wasn't an *** to me... and it was 2 years ago. Let it go.

So thornyy has an abrasive demeanor, doesn't mean his points don't make sense... He can be a jerk and still be right. And quite honestly he only rose to personal attacks after everyone did the same in response to his negative initial thread, which given the subject matter was still an accurate point, It doesn't really matter what abilities they give dancer it won't change the fact that dancer is better suited to focus more on cures than on trying to DD. He never said dancer can't do damage nor that you shouldn't ever try, just that our time and tp will be better spent curing. You, however, seem intent to represent yourself as a hypocrite. "Don't call people names, you douchebag" makes for a very poor argument indeed.

If you don't like him, ignore him... You certainly aren't going to garner much support by trying to insult him back. Especially when you insult him as you try to tell him to stop insulting people.

[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Serveur: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-18 13:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Yes, the title remains true if you're male or female. Either way, you're a dancing queen. This new update will bolster lots of improvements to the already amazing job of Dancer. Though not many people know its strengths, its already rather exceptional in merit parties and in DRK zergs. Here is a list of the changes for DNC in an easy to read list complete with your loyal FFXIAH Dancer's commentary on the additions: Presto (DNC Lv.77 Recast: 15 sec ~ Duration: 30 sec.) Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move. This means stronger debuffs, and 3 finishing moves per step. Steps have 15 sec cooldown, so does this JA. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.) Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius. Gogo more potent Curaga dance. Not much more to say. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.) Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move. If this stacks with WS’s then you can crit on… Dancing Edge. This = absolute WIN. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Crit. Atk. Bonus: Improves power of critical hits. Dnc level 80 Bad *** job trait… Who doesn’t want stronger crits? This in combo with Climactic Finish will result in basically a potent replacement for Sneak Attack. Tactical Parry: Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack. DNC 77 Extra TP off those odd parries. Can’t hurt, right? Skillchain Bonus Improves skillchain damage. DNC 45 Extra damage for skillchains? Also bad ***… Though situational unless you actually solo skillchains on DNC. Typically a waste of finishing moves though. Conserve TP Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. Dnc 77 Once again… Another bad *** addition to the Dancer arsenal. The chance to retain some of your TP upon WS’ing is very cool. Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members. Awesome. Sucked being a solo DNC in campaign sometimes when you could only heal yourself. Now you can also help cure alliance members too! Now… Last but certainly not least… In fact this is easily the best new thing: The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter. Yes… yes that’s right… Dnc/War, Dnc/Sam, Dnc/Thf, Dnc/Drk, Dnc/anything you can think of for boosted DD potential with the ability to still dual wield since Dancer will get the trait themselves… absolute madness. Possibilities are endless… Dnc/Whm with aspir samba to get mp for extra cures is always nice. Also Dnc/Drk will have 2 stuns. Violent flourish is a stun with a 20 second cooldown that already exists in-game, btw.
I actually got an orgasm O.o;;;
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-18 13:06:17
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Krystale said:
Yeah I have that effect on people.
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-18 13:07:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Krystale said:
Yeah I have that effect on people.
rofl xD
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-06-18 16:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
I am a complete douche with no people skills whatsoever, but my contribution to this thread more than makes up for it.

Sorry, but nobody is going to remember your contributions to this thread, what they will remember is how you were an a$$hole in Sea Serpent Grotto...2 years ago and counting. These boards have plenty of enthusiast players who make their contribution without having the need to call people ugly, ***, or stupid.

No I'm really not going to remember that he was an *** in sea serpent grotto 2 years ago, because I'm not on Leviathan and he wasn't an *** to me... and it was 2 years ago. Let it go.

So thornyy has an abrasive demeanor, doesn't mean his points don't make sense... He can be a jerk and still be right. And quite honestly he only rose to personal attacks after everyone did the same in response to his negative initial thread, which given the subject matter was still an accurate point, It doesn't really matter what abilities they give dancer it won't change the fact that dancer is better suited to focus more on cures than on trying to DD. He never said dancer can't do damage nor that you shouldn't ever try, just that our time and tp will be better spent curing. You, however, seem intent to represent yourself as a hypocrite. "Don't call people names, you douchebag" makes for a very poor argument indeed.

If you don't like him, ignore him... You certainly aren't going to garner much support by trying to insult him back. Especially when you insult him as you try to tell him to stop insulting people.

Nice to see someone took the bait. Anywho, I could really care less about Thorny and his attitude, there is always going to be a holier than thou player somewhere making a list of ingame accomplishments as if it somehow makes him more qualified than others. So what.

Some of his points are valid sure. Personally I'm more interested in the DD boosts the update will give to DNC and the different play styles that more diverse subjobs will give.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kyokusada
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kyokusada
By Leviathan.Kyokusada 2010-06-21 10:30:44
Link | Citer | R

People do remember things like Thorn in SSG 2 years ago. He kicked me out of my first merit party ever for 3 reasons. 1. I didn't have Relic Hat, 2. No Joytoy, 3. (which is the one that pissed me off) I was in a LS that he didn't like. Unfortunatly because of this, I flat out don't like the guy no matter how right he is. I will admit however that I sent a /tell to Nini the other day and Thorn was using her char at the time so I DID ask him for advice on DNC. The guy's an elitist and an ***, people just need to suck it up and deal with it because he's an *** who's usually right.

/derail

My 2 cents for the actually topic though, I AIN'T NO *** QUEENaru~ >.>

[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-06-21 17:16:08
Link | Citer | R

only thing that could make my day go by even better is that you can take skillchains farther than the current limit, i mean come on with dnc/sam you can ws what 4-5 times in a row?
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-06-21 18:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kyokusada said:
My 2 cents for the actually topic though, I AIN'T NO *** QUEENaru~ >.>
Here here, I'm all man here damnit >_>
 Odin.Dezaar
Serveur: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2010-06-21 18:03:15
Link | Citer | R

**The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.**

If DNC gets Dual Wield at 20... does that mean that you will be able to /dnc and receive the trait? Or is it only for main job like some of the other abilities they are nerfing?

[+]
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-06-21 18:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Needz morez fat men dancing!
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-06-22 01:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Who's having fun curing people besides yourself in campaign?!

I AM!!!

Btw, skillchain+ damage looks to be around 110% on level 3 SC's.

This is pretty weak but I did a:

Evis > Pyrrhic Kleos for 550-ish and the darkness SC was 660.
 Leviathan.Emmm
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2010-07-06 10:34:07
Link | Citer | R

DNC/SAM
I'm not the most excellent dancer in the game but like the versatility of the job. My gear isn't HOT and I didn't put on WS gear for this, but here is what I got by applying Sekkanoki:

Evisceration - 406
Dancing Edge - 436
Distortion - 302
Total 1144

* With Wild Flourish
Evisceration - 468
Transfixion - 271
Dancing Edge - 538
Distortion - 467
Total - 1744

First was against Yags in Sauromugue(s) and the second was a quadav in Grauberg(s). I think that damage is respectable?
By Kailana 2010-07-06 10:55:08
Link | Citer | R

I like these new additions.

I feel bad though seeing people suggesting DNC/NIN is the only way to solo. :P I've really been enjoying DNC soloing for the sole fact that I DON'T use /nin. The times I did while FoV'ing, I'd tend to forget to use my shadows, as the mobs were easy enough to solo anyways.

In no way, shape, or form am I suggesting /nin isn't the best way to go. I have no idea, really. Just the /nin or it doesn't work philosophy isn't exactly accurate.

Heck, I /MNK'd till 40. (8 h2h merits from my Monk, Dodge, and counter procs a lot of things DC or lower, toss in the +5 h2h skill belt and h2h skill is higher than daggers, even at 40. I really don't expect too many to have 8 h2h merits though.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-06 13:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Kailana said:
I like these new additions.

I feel bad though seeing people suggesting DNC/NIN is the only way to solo. :P I've really been enjoying DNC soloing for the sole fact that I DON'T use /nin. The times I did while FoV'ing, I'd tend to forget to use my shadows, as the mobs were easy enough to solo anyways.

In no way, shape, or form am I suggesting /nin isn't the best way to go. I have no idea, really. Just the /nin or it doesn't work philosophy isn't exactly accurate.

Heck, I /MNK'd till 40. (8 h2h merits from my Monk, Dodge, and counter procs a lot of things DC or lower, toss in the 5 h2h skill belt and h2h skill is higher than daggers, even at 40. I really don't expect too many to have 8 h2h merits though.)
These people are generally talking about post-EXP soloing or at least post-Ni soloing, not lowbie leveling.
Odin.Dezaar said:
**The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.**

If DNC gets Dual Wield at 20... does that mean that you will be able to /dnc and receive the trait? Or is it only for main job like some of the other abilities they are nerfing?
Yes, you can /DNC for DW. I've done it on BLU a few times, need to get it to 40 for DWII.
 Asura.Yurisaki
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-07-08 02:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Emmm said:
DNC/SAM
I'm not the most excellent dancer in the game but like the versatility of the job. My gear isn't HOT and I didn't put on WS gear for this, but here is what I got by applying Sekkanoki:

Evisceration - 406
Dancing Edge - 436
Distortion - 302
Total 1144

* With Wild Flourish
Evisceration - 468
Transfixion - 271
Dancing Edge - 538
Distortion - 467
Total - 1744

First was against Yags in Sauromugue(s) and the second was a quadav in Grauberg(s). I think that damage is respectable?

Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-08 04:08:36
Link | Citer | R

are you busting his bubble?
 Asura.Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-07-08 09:19:15
Link | Citer | R

yep sadly.. i'm honestly shocked the evil trolls didn't rip him apart first tho.. i just tried to put it a little nicer
 Leviathan.Emmm
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2010-07-08 10:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Today I took it a step further and added Climactic Flourish. Bit tricky but here's how it went:

* Climactic Flourish
Do another Step
Pop Sekkanoki
Wild Flourish

Evisceration - 765
Transfixion - 443
Dancing Edge - 674
Distortion - 585
Total - 2467

Non-campaign Yag outside Castle Oztroja(s) level 76-78

I say its a bit tricky because I think this would be very hard to get off in a group setting without having someone mess up the chain. BUT I think that yag was shocked!!!!
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-07-08 12:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Question: With full crit merits, crit augments on gear, and all the crit-related job and trait abilities, would the dagger, Heart Snatcher, be the new ideal off-hand weapon? Or, even Heart Snatcher as main and Joyeuse as sub?
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-07-08 12:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Emmm said:
Do another Step

Would replacing the Step step with No Foot Rise be mnore efficient?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-08 12:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Heart Snatcher is awful and is becoming even moreso with the Magian Daggers getting even better. Its only use remains getting money out of an NPC.
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-07-08 13:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Heart Snatcher is awful and is becoming even moreso with the Magian Daggers getting even better. Its only use remains getting money out of an NPC.

I hear ya. But, is there another dagger for DNC that has 6% crit hit rating or better? I'm only curious because though the DMG is only 30 and the delay is 205, I crit hit like crazy with it.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-08 13:57:16
Link | Citer | R

You won't crit like crazy from an increase of less than 5%. You'll barely even notice it, if that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-08 14:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Crit+ suffers from decreasing returns, so you're actually making an already terrible (seriously, it was bad enough at 75) dagger even worse.
 Asura.Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-07-08 20:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Emmm said:
Today I took it a step further and added Climactic Flourish. Bit tricky but here's how it went:

* Climactic Flourish
Do another Step
Pop Sekkanoki
Wild Flourish

Evisceration - 765
Transfixion - 443
Dancing Edge - 674
Distortion - 585
Total - 2467

Non-campaign Yag outside Castle Oztroja(s) level 76-78

I say its a bit tricky because I think this would be very hard to get off in a group setting without having someone mess up the chain. BUT I think that yag was shocked!!!!

Ok try this on a Yagudo Knight Templar same area

Wild Flourish
No Foot Rise = 5FM's
Sekkanoki
Evisceration - 1302 (pop Mediate)
Transfixion - 668
Dancing Edge - 1333 (Reverse Flourish)
Distortion - 807
Evisceration - 1271
Darkness - 2002
Total - 7383

Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-09 02:40:21
Link | Citer | R

I want my sam to 40 now!!!

Lakshmi.Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-07-09 09:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yurisaki said:
Leviathan.Emmm said:
Today I took it a step further and added Climactic Flourish. Bit tricky but here's how it went: * Climactic Flourish Do another Step Pop Sekkanoki Wild Flourish Evisceration - 765 Transfixion - 443 Dancing Edge - 674 Distortion - 585 Total - 2467 Non-campaign Yag outside Castle Oztroja(s) level 76-78 I say its a bit tricky because I think this would be very hard to get off in a group setting without having someone mess up the chain. BUT I think that yag was shocked!!!!
Ok try this on a Yagudo Knight Templar same area Wild Flourish No Foot Rise = 5FM's Sekkanoki Evisceration - 1302 (pop Mediate) Transfixion - 668 Dancing Edge - 1333 (Reverse Flourish) Distortion - 807 Evisceration - 1271 Darkness - 2002 Total - 7383

Simply amazing. But, still, most people are too dense to see the awesomeness that is the Dancer. Works for me. I love it when I'm farming mobs in a competitive area and parties are angry because they have to rest after a fight and I'm just chuggin' along, solo, with no downtime. ^_^
 Asura.Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-07-09 19:13:22
Link | Citer | R

DNC is underrated due to the MANY (and I mean MANY!!) gimpy people that play it..

Also I see a lot of people giving out advice here that personally I find redundant..

DNC with a little Understanding can be great but in the right hands.. Incredible.

so I say to Thee Dancers of the world .. take of your AGI earrings and put away your para's grab a Kila and realize with the right gear you to can keep TP cure an Alliance and WS for a lot of DMG LOLZ
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-07-09 19:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm.... is this thread about the song "Dancing queen" D:

Edit: awww! i wasn't the first to notice it... i suck. never mind me
 Bismarck.Xeres
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xeres
By Bismarck.Xeres 2010-07-10 07:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna feed the trolls on this one much but here goes.

I play dancer my way. I'm not merited yet but will be starting soon as I just hit 78 last night. Once I get to 80 and cap my buffer again I'm going to start it up. I'm thinking 5/5 for Reverse, Haste Samba, No Foot Rise and Closed Position. My daggers may not be the absolute best but I don't care, they work for me at the moment and I'll get new ones as I go. I am always looking to better myself but in my own way and by experimenting and finding what works for me. Thankfully my friends and LS mates help out a lot and let me try out different things in exp parties including trying to improve my overall DD prowess. I know I'll never do the same damage as some of my other jobs but it's more about having fun for me. Myself and my friend don't care about "25k+/hr PTs or GFTO!" If that's what it is why don't we only have like 4 jobs in the game and no more? A healer, a buffer and 2 types of DD. Ta Da, no need for the other 16 jobs in the game!

Back to the update however. Dual Wield without subbing ninja has blown my mind a few times. Subbing warrior one night I accidentally hit my reverse flourish instead of animated when I was trying to pull a goblin from a ledge. "Wait a second! I can provoke!" i said over vent and everyone laughed. It was a fun night. When I get to 80 and then SAM to 40 I can't wait to try playing around with Sekkonoki a bit. That's gonna be a blast!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11