DNC: The New Queen Of FFXI!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Duvessa
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Yes, the title remains true if you're male or female. Either way, you're a dancing queen.
This new update will bolster lots of improvements to the already amazing job of Dancer. Though not many people know its strengths, its already rather exceptional in merit parties and in DRK zergs.

Here is a list of the changes for DNC in an easy to read list complete with your loyal FFXIAH Dancer's commentary on the additions:

Presto (DNC Lv.77 Recast: 15 sec ~ Duration: 30 sec.)
Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.
This means stronger debuffs, and 3 finishing moves per step. Steps have 15 sec cooldown, so does this JA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.
Gogo more potent Curaga dance. Not much more to say.

Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.
If this stacks with WS’s then you can crit on… Dancing Edge. This = absolute WIN.

Crit. Atk. Bonus: Improves power of critical hits. Dnc level 80
Bad *** job trait… Who doesn’t want stronger crits? This in combo with Climactic Finish will result in basically a potent replacement for Sneak Attack.

Tactical Parry: Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack. DNC 77
Extra TP off those odd parries. Can’t hurt, right?

Skillchain Bonus Improves skillchain damage. DNC 45
Extra damage for skillchains? Also bad ***… Though situational unless you actually solo skillchains on DNC. Typically a waste of finishing moves though.

Conserve TP Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. Dnc 77
Once again… Another bad *** addition to the Dancer arsenal. The chance to retain some of your TP upon WS’ing is very cool.

Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members.
Awesome. Sucked being a solo DNC in campaign sometimes when you could only heal yourself. Now you can also help cure alliance members too!

Now… Last but certainly not least… In fact this is easily the best new thing:
The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.
Yes… yes that’s right… Dnc/War, Dnc/Sam, Dnc/Thf, Dnc/Drk, Dnc/anything you can think of for boosted DD potential with the ability to still dual wield since Dancer will get the trait themselves… absolute madness. Possibilities are endless… Dnc/Whm with aspir samba to get mp for extra cures is always nice. Also Dnc/Drk will have 2 stuns. Violent flourish is a stun with a 20 second cooldown that already exists in-game, btw.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:07:50
Link | Citer | R

One
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:08:26
Link | Citer | R

MISJUDGMENT IN TIME
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 05:08:26
Link | Citer | R

The old queen of FFXI too
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 05:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Yep...
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
One

haha, too bad nobody is going to get that joke since i fixed the post. I didn't realize this forum didnt allow color tags lol. Had lots of pretty rainbows made and stuffs. Had to edit them out.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If this stacks with WS’s then you can crit on… Dancing Edge. This = absolute WIN.

At this point it's a wash, may not be able to force crits, but even if not, would make evisceration the ws of choice. It's going to suck if it's flourishes II though and shares a recast with reverse
Quote:
The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.
Yes… yes that’s right… Dnc/War, Dnc/Sam, Dnc/Thf, Dnc/Drk, Dnc/anything you can think of for boosted DD potential with the ability to still dual wield since Dancer will get the trait themselves… absolute madness. Possibilities are endless… Dnc/Whm with aspir samba to get mp for extra cures is always nice. Also Dnc/Drk will have 2 stuns. Violent flourish is a stun with a 20 second cooldown that already exists in-game, btw.

This is great, sure but some of those combos make no sense. For example dnc/whm. If you're solo'ing you're going to want /nin for sahdows. If you're in a party, you're going to want haste samba, lol. Aspir samba has no place
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-06-17 05:14:41
Link | Citer | R

DNC definitely won the update, some jobs (looking at you NIN) got the shaft it seems. I know which of my jobs I'll be lvling to 80 first now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pixter
user: Pixter
By Leviathan.Pixter 2010-06-17 05:15:18
Link | Citer | R

HAHA FINALLY, FINALLY!
DNC-POWA!
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 05:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

At this point it's a wash, may not be able to force crits, but even if not, would make evisceration the ws of choice. It's going to suck if it's flourishes II though and shares a recast with reverse
Quote:

This is great, sure but some of those combos make no sense. For example dnc/whm. If you're solo'ing you're going to want /nin for sahdows. If you're in a party, you're going to want haste samba, lol. Aspir samba has no place

Well, Niniann likes DNC/WHM in merits apparently for double erase.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Yea, the DNC erase has a long recast. If you use it, then it *** your cure ability lol. Think its like 15 secs before you can cure again if you use the erase.

And veg, the aspir samba would be for more endgame situations. It'd probably be a tank party thing paired with a PLD to help cure/erase. Haste samba wont help a pld much since it doesnt influence spells, only melee attacks. Though haste samba would be nice for atonement spam, the aspir samba would probably benefit cure cheat plds pretty well.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Yea, but you still wouldn't use aspir samba over haste sabma was the point. The aspir samba is never going to be viable imo. I'd say get refresh if that was the case.
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Yea, but you still wouldn't use aspir samba over haste sabma was the point. The aspir samba is never going to be viable imo. I'd say get refresh if that was the case.

Never been in a blue burn i guess. DNC, BRD, BLU BLU BLU BLU (Or replace 1 blu with a RDM) on imps or even birds is pretty decent. Can spam spells with aspir samba and ballad/refresh.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-17 05:24:13
Link | Citer | R

O M G :O

/unretireDNC on
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

Never been in a blue burn i guess. DNC, BRD, BLU BLU BLU BLU (Or replace 1 blu with a RDM) on imps or even birds is pretty decent. Can spam spells with aspir samba and ballad/refresh.
Nope, never have, nor will want to. Doesn't perform at the same level as a real DD burn
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-17 05:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh, Tiger may as well ask you.

What will gain the most TP the fastest?

Max Haste Gear DNC /w Haste Samba
using single hand Sleight Kukri (150 delay)

or Duel Wield DNC /w Haste Samba and tons of STP gear

Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 05:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
I'd replace the dnc with a rdm instead. Keep the full dmg gain refresh and haste (among other things). That much refresh makes blu spammage doable making haste matter
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-17 05:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Yea, the DNC erase has a long recast. If you use it, then it *** your cure ability lol. Think its like 15 secs before you can cure again if you use the erase.

And veg, the aspir samba would be for more endgame situations. It'd probably be a tank party thing paired with a PLD to help cure/erase. Haste samba wont help a pld much since it doesnt influence spells, only melee attacks. Though haste samba would be nice for atonement spam, the aspir samba would probably benefit cure cheat plds pretty well.

as a pld, i can't think of a time in "endgame situations" that i'd ever want aspir samba over haste samba lol.

haste samba helps alot for plds. increasing attacks does 2 things for a paladin, helps keep enmity capped (as you a thwacking away at said mob) and it also lets you spam atonement.

spamming atonement does 3 things, increases damage done to said mob; therefore making "endgame situation" much shorter/safer for party, it also gives a nice chunk of enmity to help said pld keep hate capped, and lastly (and most important), everytime a pld does atonement, they get this warm fuzzy feeling inside :D.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
Oh, Tiger may as well ask you.

What will gain the most TP the fastest?

Max Haste Gear DNC /w Haste Samba
using single hand Sleight Kukri (150 delay)

or Duel Wield DNC /w Haste Samba and tons of STP gear

DW, even w/o stp gear, lol. Just due to the DW delay bonuses should outweigh the tp lost per hit
By Azyattic 2010-06-17 05:40:17
Link | Citer | R

dnc/sam would be pretty hot now that sekkanoki is only lvl40 req.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-17 05:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Who the *** puts dncs in main pt endgame.... Don't get me wrong i'm not a dnc hater, I love them in DD pt to use haste samba/heal and to throw out steps on a god/king/HNM but ***, do you expect to be put in the main pt?

Aspir Samba has very little places, and BLU burn isn't that great tbh, you would get better exp in a bird/mamool camp. DNC get invites, don't settle for BLU burns....

To shift subject matter, dnc/sam looks amazing, i'd love to have them in merits even more now if they aren't a ***dnc. Haste samba, extra cures/erase and now with sekki they will be able to use ws everytime the timer is up for extra dmg.

I'm not a dnc myself though so i'm more excited at the fact of DW as thf/dnc. Will make farming much easier, hitting with one dagger makes me want to beat my head against the wall.
[+]
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:43:58
Link | Citer | R

Azyattic said:

yep, lets you WS and still have tp. Can also meditate and all that good stuffs. Too bad hasso and seigan are useless though. Store TP and Zanshin would still be helpful though.

You also probably wont be getting dual wield 2 at 80 with /dnc though, btw. But DW 1 will still be nice for jobs like thf and bst.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Azyattic said:

yep, lets you WS and still have tp. Can also meditate and all that good stuffs. Too bad hasso and seigan are useless though. Store TP and Zanshin would still be helpful though.

You also probably wont be getting dual wield 2 at 80 with /dnc though, btw. But DW 1 will still be nice for jobs like thf and bst.
Zanshin doesn't proc w/ dual wield
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Also can't proc in the same attack round as double attack (hai saber dance users)
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-06-17 05:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Azyattic said:

Zanshin doesn't proc w/ dual wield

Wiki doesn't have any info regarding that. Are you sure? I'm actually pretty sure it DOES work with 1 handed weapons because i'm pretty sure i've gotten it to proc on dnc/sam single wielding already. Or are you saying it doesnt work with dual wield specifically? The only way to test that would be as sam/nin or nin/sam currently.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 05:52:02
Link | Citer | R

100% sure, tested myself.

Mnk/sam blind pots, no DA gear. 10 mins, not a single zanshin proc. So I change to sam/mnk, exact same results. So then I change to sam/blm (no h2h skill and 1 punch per round instead of two). Now zanshin procs as normal. So then I swap to sam/nin. Single wield a club, zanshin procs as normal. Swap to two clubs, no procs at all.

Conclusion: Zanshin only procs in an attack round with one attack. I'd assume you wouldn't be able to get zanshin to proc on the same round as soboro based on these results (which would be easy to test, as zanshin as sam main has a 45% proc rate, so look for a 4 attack round including at least miss, but I've never seen it)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
user: Serey
By Ragnarok.Ezzi 2010-06-17 06:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Last but certainly not least… In fact this is easily the best new thing: The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter. Yes… yes that’s right… Dnc/War, Dnc/Sam, Dnc/Thf, Dnc/Drk, Dnc/anything you can think of for boosted DD potential with the ability to still dual wield since Dancer will get the trait themselves… absolute madness. Possibilities are endless… Dnc/Whm with aspir samba to get mp for extra cures is always nice. Also Dnc/Drk will have 2 stuns. Violent flourish is a stun with a 20 second cooldown that already exists in-game, btw.

This continues to Suck even with dual-weild, DNC will still have to sub NIN for utsusemi or your going to die >_> no matter how you look at it so its only good for a subjob use on Warrior who likes to Ridill/Joytoy. /thread
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-17 06:13:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't see why dnc would have to sub nin for most things aside from solo >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ezzi
user: Serey