XBOX SLIM
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-14 16:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Why do people bash MS and the xbox when Apple is doing the exact same thing?
 Odin.Moondaddy
Serveur: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-06-14 16:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:
first off who the hell plays there 360 standing up???
I do.
/comfort sir, or should i comfort your thrashed disks. microsoft made the 360 to stand upright, but didnt design it to play games that way lol

So I take it you don't like the Wii either Moon?

I personally dislike the ps3, and love my 360....

All systems have their issues, like my ps3...it collects dust, while my 360 sometimes freezes in heavily populated campaign battles~

i wont say i dislike the wii, its fun to play now and again but wouldnt run out and buy one.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-06-14 16:45:59
Link | Citer | R

But Moon...it plays discs sideways!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moondaddy said:
i watched a brand new copy of modern warfare 2 shatter in a 360 that was upright in like 5min. i ringed one game right after i got my 360 and stopd with the upright deal. also i have a friend who owns a game store, he buffs more 360 disks than anything and its always the same deal. him you play with your 360 standing up?? consumer yes always

Well it's not because the 360 is standing up, it's because it's not perfectly vertical.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 16:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Oh, so since you friend says some people have had that issue, it most always be that, right? I mean, those people couldn't possibly put the disk in wrong or anything. Of course not.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Why do people bash MS and the xbox when Apple is doing the exact same thing?

Because they are stupid.

People trying to be non-conformist whilst being a conformist.

"I hate microsoft! *Places money in steve jobbs pocket*"
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-06-14 16:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Savannah said:

but nintendo designed it to play disks that way. my 8yr old ps2 has over a million hrs on it easy. all of them in the upright position, and never once did i ring a disk
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Oh, so since you friend says some people have had that issue, it most always be that, right? I mean, those people couldn't possibly put the disk in wrong or anything. Of course not.

I work in game retail myself, (my dad owns the store, I simply fix the stuff) and we have about double the amount of PS3's to fix than 360's since the newest line of 360's have been released. (Jasper +)
 Cerberus.Savannah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-06-14 16:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moondaddy said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
but nintendo designed it to play disks that way. my 8yr old ps2 has over a million hrs on it easy. all of them in the upright position, and never once did i ring a disk

But Has and I play our 360's standing upright and haven't had disc issues....just sayin...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moondaddy said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:

Ok you have absolutely no idea what you're on about.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 16:50:31
Link | Citer | R

People just don't like to publicly announce Ps3 ***-ups since they want everyone to continue to believe that it's the perfect system that doesn't break.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-06-14 16:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

ive witnessed enough damaged disks to know its not a good idea
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
People just don't like to publicly announce Ps3 ***-ups since they want everyone to continue to believe that it's the perfect system that doesn't break.

It breaks, mostly it's the laser that goes on it. 95% of the 360 are heating issue red rings which are easily solvable though, PS3 issues are far more expensive to sort out normally.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 16:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Do you really think Microsoft made the Xbox 360 to stand up, but when you actually want to use it, you have to lay it to the side? What would be the point of making it stand at all?

I believe you just suck at putting in disks. Like I said, I've had a 360 since day one and never have I encountered a disk reading issue/scratching. Only time I did is when I accidentally put in one disk while another was in there (I was so tired, lol). Even with the scratches it worked. >.>;
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 16:57:07
Link | Citer | R

If it's not vertical by a slight angle (Which happens on un-even flooring quite a bit) it can scratch due to the disk not seating correctly in the tray. Very rare though.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-06-14 16:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Do you really think Microsoft made the Xbox 360 to stand up, but when you actually want to use it, you have to lay it to the side? What would be the point of making it stand at all?

I believe you just suck at putting in disks. Like I said, I've had a 360 since day one and never have I encountered a disk reading issue/scratching. Only time I did is when I accidentally put in one disk while another was in there (I was so tired, lol). Even with the scratches it worked. >.>;

yes i do, like someone else said it dont stand perfectly upright so playing games like that is risky. grats to you tht you never ringed a disk
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 17:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
If it's not vertical by a slight angle (Which happens on un-even flooring quite a bit) it can scratch due to the disk not seating correctly in the tray. Very rare though.

That's still technically not Microsoft's fault though. >.>;
 Diabolos.Delson
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-06-14 17:02:21
Link | Citer | R

i kinda like the new 360 design... now does that mean ill ever buy one... no...

ive had my console gaming fix... lasted a year or so after i bought my 360... the only time it really gets touched any more is if a friend wants to play (forza, GOW, etc.) or i get bored of the pc... which rarely happens...

the flexibility of pc gaming just cant be beat...
 Ifrit.Airius
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2010-06-14 17:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes it is for having a poor design flaw when they state in their manual that it can be played in the upright position. Stop trying to defend companies for selling shitty products.
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
you can believe me that if my ps3 died for no reason i'd raise hell about it, but the facts are that the 360 has a 4-5x higher failure rate than either the wii or ps3.
[+]
 Asura.Citag
Serveur: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2010-06-14 17:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Why does the current 360 have the vents on the top and bottom of the console? I never play mine upright, I did when I first got it, then noticed how much hotter(and louder) it ran than if i had it horizontal.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 17:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Airius said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes it is for having a poor design flaw when they state in their manual that it can be played in the upright position. Stop trying to defend companies for selling shitty products.
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
you can believe me that if my ps3 died for no reason i'd raise hell about it, but the facts are that the 360 has a 4-5x higher failure rate than either the wii or ps3.

Prior to the jasper chip maybe, Not since though. And the failure is generally easily fixable, rather than expensive and hard to repair.
 Odin.Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-06-14 17:06:25
Link | Citer | R

only reason i have a 360 is cause it was cheaper/faster than getting my pc fixed. now only time i turn it on is for ffxi updates(love waiting up to 20min for ffxi to shut down) or when i want to play forza2

edit: friends who own gamestores and let you run a tab are a bad thing lmao
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-14 17:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Airius said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

How is it Microsoft's fault for the buyer having uneven flooring? I have mine on even surface and haven't had a single issue with disks.

I'm not saying Microsoft makes flawless machines, but don't make it seem like it's nothing but flaws.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-14 17:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Kind of lame tbh this should be slightly cheaper but you know many people are going to just go out and buy it anyway... "Oh but it has wifi!" I obviously don't care about the wifi as I would have the wireless adapter instead of a 30 foot ethernet cord going through my living room :P

Asura.Citag
Serveur: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2010-06-14 17:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Kind of lame tbh this should be slightly cheaper but you know many people are going to just go out and buy it anyway... "Oh but it has wifi!" I obviously don't care about the wifi as I would have the wireless adapter instead of a 30 foot ethernet cord going through my living room :P

Your post doesnt make sense. You know what wifi is right? No cables and no adapters...
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 17:35:56
Link | Citer | R

so 360 is finally getting a 250GB HD? Congra....wait..my PS3 has a 720GB....

OH WAIT nvm, you finally get wi-fi. Congra....wait...you still have to pay for...

360 slim is going to cost more than the PS3 slim...which is sad.

360 fat was cheaper than the slim..
PS3 slim is cheaper than the fat..

I do believe M$ *** up on this one.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 17:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

OH WAIT nvm, you finally get wi-fi. Congra....wait...you still have to pay for...

Let me know once you get some games :D
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-14 17:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Let me know when you can fit a game on one disk :D

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 17:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Let me know when you can fit a game on one disk :D

I'd rather have multiple disks... than well... nothing.