Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-02 09:12:41
Link | Citer | R

I think what can be done solo is irrelevant for content you can enter as a group....they already drop the quantity for you. The shouldn't also balance all of the actual numbers for individual play as well.

In a party stardiver can clear 30k on its own without ths skillchain with reasonable consistency.

Comeatbro my statement had nothing to do with strength or wrakness of the dd it was party play as opposed to solo
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 09:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I see you are talking about party, but Omen card farming caters to both party and solo play, too!

I don't think I ever once mentioned they needed to drop the requirements for everyone. I'm just saying the 30k, as it stands right now with a ws+sc is right where it should be. They've encouraged solo/smaller parties to enter and bring their own trusts. They've encouraged more people. There's different slices of the pie here. When I say you're not speaking for everyone, you're not. The card farming paths can be accomplished solo and party, and a few jobs have issues landing the objectives. That doesn't mean they should change them (DRG can't land 30k MB, go figure), it's just a fact though. Asking a ninja (or a horribad MNK in its current state) to land 30k damage is a tall task, even in group play. PUP would have issues as well. But I'm sure a well geared NIN could land mb30k off of Hi > Hi > Innin > futae > MB san with some nice MBD gear.

I think the content's objectives has a place for every job to contribute some for a party setting, and leaves nearly every job hanging when done solo. RDM, BLU, or a really decked NIN is probably the exception as they perhaps can hit every objective in Omen solo. But I was speaking about Omen from a broader perspective. Party play is a given and needs no further clarification.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-02 09:42:34
Link | Citer | R

As I said I reliably meet the objective (unless I forget I'm on mandy and then for some reason it doesn't count). I was responding to your question about who can't do a 30k WS without SC. I fall in that category, primarily because I'm solo. I'm not sure I could even with buffs, but I don't know because my experience with groups and real buffs is below.

I prefer solo (duo actually with my brother) because I hate people. :D

Every time I've gone in with a party for farming, everyone just piles on to the transended and you miss 4-5 extra objectives because they don't know how to do it. When I'm duo with my brother, he knows to leave the transended to me for the 30k and the step objectives while he goes off with his own trusts and gets the 2k Melee hit.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-02 10:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
RDM, BLU, or a really decked NIN is probably the exception as they perhaps can hit every objective in Omen solo.

Asking for advice here, what is a good way to get the 15k non-MB nuke on BLU? I could hit all other objectives reliably but that one even with MAB-oriented spellset and decent gear (think highest was like a 13k tenebral crush using pixie/archon aswell). I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some -mdb debuff to make my live easier.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-02 10:26:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure it's impossible for RDM to hit 15k non-MB solo. My RDM is fairly pimped out for a RDM, and my non-MB TV nukes only hit about 12k at most, even with weather and day. I don't have perfect nuking gear, but I don't see a ~25% increase in damage being possible.
By geigei 2017-08-02 10:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
15k non-MB nuke on BLU?
Burst affinity.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 10:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Probably with Star Sibyl, Naja Peacebreaker, nuking 15k on BLU + RDM may be possible. If the RDM is subbing ninja, could even use a Ni spell to weaken resistance to a spell.

I'm just throwing ideas out of my ***, because when you're doing objectives solo in Omen, you have to get creative with your trust/abil/food selection. Some of these trusts add some pretty useful stats that may help you land the objective.

The verdict is still out on whether a DD can land 15k nuke, if you use Makki, Cherukiki, and Chebukki using meteor with optimal circumstances.

Yes I am going to lengths to try to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but it is certainly worth a shot, considering all of the options players have with their gear food trusts and such.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 10:48:43
Link | Citer | R

If I'm not mistaken, arciella 1 & 2 uses a MDB down debuff that could be used to your advantage. But I still think Peacebreaker is going to help the most.

As BLU, you could probably convergence + burst affinity with a stacked memento + 10 Fantods for +40 MAB. Could throw on a Sound Blast to lower your target's INT. Yes, its extremely impractical, but it may be worth a shot if you plan for it. Especially if you're only off a few thousand damage. I don't know what you're fighting, but you could see about cheesing it with the Monster Correlation head piece for enhanced damage vs a specific monster when using the appropriate nuking spell. This is homework I'm sure nobody wants to do, but again, just throwing out ideas.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-02 10:57:49
Link | Citer | R

On blu I can hit 15k with a BB spectral floe with nothing but traits from subduction/floe and switching my weapons to vampirism/nibiru cudgel. Pretty standard nuke set, no HQ almaric or anything.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 11:07:33
Link | Citer | R

That's good to know. I have a throwtogether BLU nuking set, but I haven't done any Omen as BLU yet. will be interesting soloing those cards when the time comes.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-02 11:12:36
Link | Citer | R

I only tried like twice with crush as it usually give me better results (ring+pin bonus) but I can see floe doing a lot of damage with BA (TIL it raises WSC regardless of MB) as it's pretty much all INT-based
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-02 11:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »
I'm pretty sure it's impossible for RDM to hit 15k non-MB solo. My RDM is fairly pimped out for a RDM, and my non-MB TV nukes only hit about 12k at most, even with weather and day. I don't have perfect nuking gear, but I don't see a ~25% increase in damage being possible.
Don't think neither NIN nor RDM can hit 15k non-MB solo. Not the average player at least, but leaning to say everyone.

And I mean solo, if you bring your pimped up Idris mule that's not "solo" >.>''

Still, the 15k damage can be done even with SC damage, not just real nuking magic.
Think RDM can probably do the 15k magic damage that way, maybe NIN too?
Have a trust open SC, close with your strongest SC so that it creates a L3 SC at least, and hope that does >15k damage.
With RDM you can use inundation to increase the odds of that happening.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-02 11:36:53
Link | Citer | R

I see you are talking about party, but Omen card farming caters to both party and solo play, too!

I don't think I ever once mentioned they needed to drop the requirements for everyone. I'm just saying the 30k, as it stands right now with a ws+sc is right where it should be. They've encouraged solo/smaller parties to enter and bring their own trusts. They've encouraged more people. There's different slices of the pie here. When I say you're not speaking for everyone, you're not. The card farming paths can be accomplished solo and party, and a few jobs have issues landing the objectives. That doesn't mean they should change them (DRG can't land 30k MB, go figure), it's just a fact though. Asking a ninja (or a horribad MNK in its current state) to land 30k damage is a tall task, even in group play. PUP would have issues as well. But I'm sure a well geared NIN could land mb30k off of Hi > Hi > Innin > futae > MB san with some nice MBD gear.

I think the content's objectives has a place for every job to contribute some for a party setting, and leaves nearly every job hanging when done solo. RDM, BLU, or a really decked NIN is probably the exception as they perhaps can hit every objective in Omen solo. But I was speaking about Omen from a broader perspective. Party play is a given and needs no further clarification.

As far as I see, the card objectives is the only part that is for solo/individual. Where as any NM is for group, per the mission statement on the original teaser for Omen.
SO while yes, you as an individual can farm cards (at a lower over all rate and speed) solo, you are simply better off in a group. I wont see as many Mage jobs or heavy DD jobs going in solo and surpassing any decently meshed group. Healer + Geo or bard + 2 DD + random other would be faster and have a chance at more cards than some 1 who is solo, and unable to beat the Boss (as they can give a card through objective on floor from what I have seen) even if you do not desire gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 11:58:39
Link | Citer | R

This is a card farming campaign thread. OF COURSE we're talking about the farming path and not bosses.

Nobody is disputing you're better off in a group. That much is obvious and is a virtual certainty. We don't need further explanation there. There are quite a few players who solo omen though. Just read the past comments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 12:01:12
Link | Citer | R

The cards you get for a farming run is higher than a boss run. What are you really talking about? If the topic were discussing is maximizing cards from omen, we're clearly not talking about the six cards you get from a boss. You can get 7 solo easily. The two don't compare to what we're discussing
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-02 12:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
Don't think neither NIN nor RDM can hit 15k non-MB solo. Not the average player at least, but leaning to say everyone.

And I mean solo, if you bring your pimped up Idris mule that's not "solo" >.>''

Still, the 15k damage can be done even with SC damage, not just real nuking magic.
Think RDM can probably do the 15k magic damage that way, maybe NIN too?
Have a trust open SC, close with your strongest SC so that it creates a L3 SC at least, and hope that does >15k damage.
With RDM you can use inundation to increase the odds of that happening.
Skillchain damage doesn't count for non-MB magic damage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 12:32:32
Link | Citer | R

This is the second time I've heard someone state this as a solution to that objective. I'm confused. Does SC damage count for 15k nuke or not?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 13:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

As far as I see, the card objectives is the only part that is for solo/individual. Where as any NM is for group, per the mission statement on the original teaser for Omen.
SO while yes, you as an individual can farm cards (at a lower over all rate and speed) solo, you are simply better off in a group. I wont see as many Mage jobs or heavy DD jobs going in solo and surpassing any decently meshed group. Healer + Geo or bard + 2 DD + random other would be faster and have a chance at more cards than some 1 who is solo, and unable to beat the Boss (as they can give a card through objective on floor from what I have seen) even if you do not desire gear.

I average 7 cards solo with event up, as you've seen I don't make our groups runs very often but how many do we get as a group on average? There's no question that it's certainly faster together due to multiple capable ppl focused in at a time though. The next question is what if you don't use KI (e.g. let some go to waste) every time its up? Then it becomes a question of efficiency over quantity
By clearlyamule 2017-08-02 13:56:16
Link | Citer | R

This is the second time I've heard someone state this as a solution to that objective. I'm confused. Does SC damage count for 15k nuke or not?
Unless they changed it pretty sure it just says magic dmg and not nuke (or something similar).

And if you check chat messages it definitely is tracking your skillchain dmg. While it's been awhile definitely gotten credit with only 2 rng automatons on it. Pretty sure I've even see logs for shantotoos auto attacks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 14:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Its possible I've been missing that objective then. I always assumed it was a flat nuke. Shantotto does ordinary nukes so I never noticed if it was logging her normal attacks or not. This means that a high lvl3 sc can complete the objective.

I probably missed out on 15 cards from skipping this objective alone....
By aigulfe 2017-08-02 19:59:20
Link | Citer | R

I've seen skillchain dmg count on the non-MB 15K objective. Cleared it myself many time son BLU with a chain affinity darkness SC and the closing spell alone wasn't enough to account for the clear.
By Taint 2017-08-02 21:52:39
Link | Citer | R

100% does not count or I'd hit it every run.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 22:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Need to see a video or pics then to confirm. That, or elaborate on what the objective includes. Does it or does it not allow SC damage? Does the SC damage need to originate from a magical-based hybrid ws, like Jinpu? There's several mixed responses here.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-02 22:42:08
Link | Citer | R

Looking at some videos on youtube, SC dmg is definitely not counting towards the 15k non MB.

At 17:05 on this video, you can see there's a 25k darkness and the objective doesn't get completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtpMiw_2XJA

I wonder if it could be some timing weirdness, similar to how you can get the auto attack objective with nukes if it overlaps with trusts attacking. This might be the opposite, WS does >15k while shantoto does a regular attack/nuke? Seems really unreliable though and people seem to talk about it happening consistently so dunno...
By clearlyamule 2017-08-02 23:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Omen is still pretty buggy so it might just be some right combination making it happen thing. Kind of like how some trusts would count for skillchains, ws, and magic burst and some wouldn't or some would count for some of those but not others. It's also been awhile since I actually tried to do it with skillchains so might have changed when they fixed trusts but continued to ignore pets
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 23:40:03
Link | Citer | R

There's no reason why SMN magic burst or nuke doesn't count, but dragoon wyvern's does. That zone is buggy as hell.
By aigulfe 2017-08-02 23:48:45
Link | Citer | R

I think its semantics. SC dmg like CDC to leaden or something like that, does not count. But SC dmg from chain affinity absolutely does. The magic dmg from the 2nd part of a chain affinity plus the SC dmg that results will clear the 15K non burst objective.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Serveur: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-08-02 23:51:41
Link | Citer | R

i blu should easily get the 15k obj w/ BA and any of the dual elemental spells though so chain affinity and getting tp is much less effective
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-03 00:10:19
Link | Citer | R

There's no reason why SMN magic burst or nuke doesn't count, but dragoon wyvern's does. That zone is buggy as hell.

The whole BP stuff not counting for anything really pisses me off, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 01:36:40
Link | Citer | R

I have no bloody clue. Never tried myself but at least two different people over these pages claimed the SC damage to count so I assumed they were right?

Also talking about strange stuff, the 2k melee objective, is it a SINGLE attack or an ATTACK ROUND?
Sometimes I get it done on MNK or RDM and nowhere I can do 2k+ with a single attack on those jobs.
Sometimes (rarely) I get it done super fast on those jobs and I've been wondering how it works exactely for some time now
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8