Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-13 15:22:35
Link | Citer | R

I cant remember correctly but when I have landed my nin nukes in the past I cant remember every getting the obj, not sure if nin MB works.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 15:49:18
Link | Citer | R

It does work, tried it last night and it recorded my damage. I just need to know if its possible on a walmart ninja, or if its impractical to solo. if so, no point in trying.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-13 20:16:42
Link | Citer | R

On apex with just trusts and not really "trying" I can futae nuke for high 50ks, sometimes breaking 60k, normal sans will do 26k~ nis can do 22k~.

You will be very easily able to 30k MB with futae imo, just need a semi decent set, not even amazing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-13 21:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Mind posting yours, if not here, in the ninja thread? I want to see how close I am.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-14 02:24:51
Link | Citer | R

4 Omen runs so far.
8 Cards on the first (not sure how many objs we failed) and 7 cards in the remaining 3 runs (4 objs failed in each of those runs iir)

QQ at failed objs.
Tbf I'm not complaining, can't really whine bout 7 cards from a single run, it just leaves a slightly sour taste in your mouth at the thought those 7s could've been 10s
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-15 16:55:04
Link | Citer | R

More runs
4 failed objs, still 7 cards
2 failed objs, got 8 cards
5 failed objs, 7 cards
2 failed objs, got 7 cards >.>
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-19 17:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Even more runs:
2 failed objectives ==> 7 cards
0 failed objectives ==> 9 cards
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-19 17:09:15
Link | Citer | R

are these all ou/farm path runs? because i've been getting 11/11 objectives every run farming kyou and the most i've seen is 7..
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 17:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Has there been any thought put forth that different obj have dif degrees of worth like the 30k ws/mb/15k magic non-burst vs one like use 3 ele ws's? That could be a thing. Not sure if anyone else had put that out there yet

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-19 18:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
are these all ou/farm path runs? because i've been getting 11/11 objectives every run farming kyou and the most i've seen is 7..
During the campaign we're jus doing Ou farming path (without doing Ou himself) with my static group.
We're all going on silly jobs for very fast and very relaxing runs.

We decided we not doing any boss until the campaign is up.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 09:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Many people are just saving their canteens for Ou path farming runs. It makes more sense to do it this way. Omen boss runs will always be there. We don't know when the next time the campaign will appear, so get your 140~210 cards before its up. You can go back to farming bosses for double scales later.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-21 09:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Many people are just saving their canteens for Ou path farming runs. It makes more sense to do it this way. Omen boss runs will always be there. We don't know when the next time the campaign will appear, so get your 140~210 cards before its up. You can go back to farming bosses for double scales later.
That's our way of reasoning as well, and we're going with silly jobs that we would hardly have a chance to use during our "normal" runs.
[+]
By geigei 2017-07-21 09:46:35
Link | Citer | R

We've been getting 6cards per boss run.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 09:48:13
Link | Citer | R

I managed to +3 nin feet from scratch and almost finish head, just cuz I know I'd never get a shot at joining a real run on my current NIN. I'll be able to finish a bunch of other scrappy pieces (like my non REMA SAM, im 3/5 +3 on drg, and may go rng next).
It's a fun campaign that everyone who is of proper gear level can participate in, and should be participating in so as to maximize their card potential for any of their jobs, since getting 6-10 cards/run is far better than 3/4 on jobs you are trying to build up.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-21 10:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That's our way of reasoning as well, and we're going with silly jobs that we would hardly have a chance to use during our "normal" runs.

We have mules come GEO and WHM for the objectives/life and everyone else comes w/e they want cards on. So far its been pretty nice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-21 11:53:07
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
We've been getting 6cards per boss run.
7-9 here, on jobs we wouldn't bring on bosses and with much faster runs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-21 11:55:32
Link | Citer | R

pretty sure he was just chipping in on how many you get from non-ou.. but if you want to argue efficiency one could easily argue that you'll cap cards long before you cap boss gear
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 11:56:10
Link | Citer | R

6cards/boss isn't bad. I guess I can see both sides of it. If you've gotten everything you needed from bosses, there's little reason to do them, if not to just farm Ou sets/gil. If your Omen group allows for additional jobs to sit back and eat cards, then that's fine too. I can see why people would still be doing bosses if they weren't totally pressed for cards.

I actually find soloing the runs a lot more fun than doing a boss run, strangely. Something about hitting those objectives and seeing that addon go green is like a little mini-game in itself. I also have seen the number of active Omen shouts fo significantly down from Boss runs, to card farming parties, so it's only normal to see less people doing bosses when card runs can yield 9 or so.
By Kaelan 2017-07-21 12:03:40
Link | Citer | R

This campaign makes me wish they expanded the amount of KIs the goblin stores for you. Would be really helpful if it was like 7 or so, instead of 2, for those of us that can't always log in every day.

Always a bummer to log on, see that the goblin has 2 and wonder 'damn, I wonder how much time I wasted on those piling up'.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 12:31:45
Link | Citer | R

You can hold 1 KI + 2 at Gob, so that's 3 if you miss a day. Actually, its quite easy to just log off right next to Gob and login once a day and grab a KI. Then when you need to farm cards, do 3x, and return in a couple days.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Been averaging 7 cards completely card farm runs myself+trusts. Missed 2 on fiirst floor 3 second and 2 on third. Also the heal 10x obj can be done with apoc cata+souleater easily and skillchain damage can be used for the 15k magic damage non-mb in case no one knows. I run august/quil/ulm/koru/yoran and on drk. 30k we one I've managed to hit with cross and consume mana+soul+lr+trust buffs but it's easier to just do torc. The skillchain I do infernal>vorpal>infernal etc and swap in shanII for mbs. Just if any drk are going it alone.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 13:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
skillchain damage can be used for the 15k magic damage non-mb in case no one knows

Wut?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Yea I triggered doing entro>cr>cata. As long as its magical damage and non-mb it counts. Melted the transcended so I was lucky it had just enough hp to survive and get a hit in to kill
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-07-21 13:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Kinda obvious but I suggest to find a weak opening WS and close with the strong one. I was doing CDC -> CDC and very often the first CDC would bring the mob to <30k HP so I wouldn't get the objective which is pretty annoying as there are few transcended and there are other obj you need them for (e.g. 30k MB or multi-SC). For sword users, requiescat>CDC works pretty well as req is gimp AF (also make sure not to have almace AM3 active as it melts ***too fast)
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Beneft of a weak weaponskill-type weapon I guess (?) lol. Still trying to work on being able to 4/5 step things but omen mobs die too fast. Gonna try an practice on some apex mobs/reis t1s once campaigns are over. The 6 step I could do in theory but trust buffs leave me short on tp building needs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-21 13:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Yea I triggered doing entro>cr>cata. As long as its magical damage and non-mb it counts. Melted the transcended so I was lucky it had just enough hp to survive and get a hit in to kill

Ok, you didn't clarify this earlier. You made it seem like any skillchain damage would trigger the objective, and that's not the case.

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Kinda obvious but I suggest to find a weak opening WS and close with the strong one. I was doing CDC -> CDC and very often the first CDC would bring the mob to <30k HP so I wouldn't get the objective which is pretty annoying as there are few transcended and there are other obj you need them for (e.g. 30k MB or multi-SC). For sword users, requiescat>CDC works pretty well as req is gimp AF (also make sure not to have almace AM3 active as it melts ***too fast)

We are talking about two different things here. The first is non MB 15k nuke, the second is just total damage. Vedder is implying you can skillchain and (I'm assuming) close with a magical ws, and the sc damage will be trigger as a nuke. Is this correct? I haven't seen this done once in any of the skillchains I've done, but I'm mostly drg and there are no good magical ws I'd be closing with. I could test it on sam by closing with Jinpu, but this is the first time I've seen this said before. If you can post a screenshot of it that would be helpful.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-21 13:45:38
Link | Citer | R

No I'm pretty sure it was the one you were thinking of originally buukki, perhaps I am wrong? Ill see if I can replicate it purposefully as the two times I did this it wasn't something I was specifically looking for. Lsmate saw it happen oncecas well but things were pretty chaotic. Ill let you know for sure if I can 100% confirm
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8