Omen Cards Campaign

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Omen Cards campaign
Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 06:15:40
Link | Citer | R

But if you say that chest floor is not possible on card route, then the developers post is not conclusive. The Japanese post could refer to Boss route (i.e. here floor 1 and 2 do not yield cards but are only for chest floor) and the English post refers to card route (as they explicitly state, that killing monsters yields points). They do not state what route they refer to in the Japanese post and they dont talk about which floors are affected in the English post.

I think we cannot say anything conclusive from the developers posts.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 06:41:24
Link | Citer | R

I never said these posts are where the information came from. They stated, either in a post or in freshly picked, that the card route can't lead to the chest floor. Unfortunately I don't know where off the top of my head so I'm going to have to go find the source, worried it's in the video, lol.
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 06:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
They stated, either in a post or in freshly picked, that the card route can't lead to the chest floor.
Sorry for the misunderstanding! I never intended to say that this is not the case. I just dont think we know for sure that kills on 1/2nd Floor of card route cannot yield cards.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-25 07:03:26
Link | Citer | R

"Floor 1-2 of the card route" as a sentence doesn't make much sense per se, though.
Floor 1-2 are always the same. You pick the card route instead of the default route after you complete floor 2.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that kills on floor 1-2 100% do not count (I don't know!), just that those floors are always the same regardless of the route you decide to pick after.

Tarowyn is right in that JP devs said kills on floor 1-2 do not matter, but their messages have been a bit... vague I would say, so I'm not completely convinced we should rule out the possibility.
But then again it's likely they gave us correct information.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-25 07:04:06
Link | Citer | R

You quoted it yourself though,

Quote:
1、2区画に関しては、
About the 1st and 2nd floor,

課題や追加課題を達成した際にポイントが累積しますが、雑魚モンスターを討伐した際の累積がありません。
When you fullfil the main Objective and/or additional objectives you accumulate points, but you do not accumulate when you kill the fishy monsters.

That's one sentence saying that for the first and 2nd floor, you don't accumulate any job card points for killing things.

The English post is actually consistent when you realize the card route only refers to when you branch off after finishing off the 2nd floor. Before then you haven't committed to either route yet so in that sense the 1st and 2nd floor don't actually belong to either route.
[+]
By Bahadir 2017-07-25 07:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm yea that makes sense. Floor 1 and 2 are always the same. Forgot about that. Yea, considering that the dev posts make more sense and are more consistent.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-25 10:23:31
Link | Citer | R

I've also spent weeks just killing random stuff on first floor making sure not to hit objectives and not gotten a single card
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-25 11:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
We did the 30k mb on a different mob and at the end it specifically stated that I did not do a 30k we.
That would make sense; like abyssea and you cannot ruby light unless you claim.

And they made the system function similar, to be easier for their pasta code to track or something.
I feel like there is am error in communication here.
I did a 35k+ ws and it did not count. It was not a bit of confusion with a 30kmb as we later did the 30k mb on an entirely seperate mob.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-07-31 11:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
We did the 30k mb on a different mob and at the end it specifically stated that I did not do a 30k we.
That would make sense; like abyssea and you cannot ruby light unless you claim.

And they made the system function similar, to be easier for their pasta code to track or something.
I feel like there is am error in communication here.
I did a 35k+ ws and it did not count. It was not a bit of confusion with a 30kmb as we later did the 30k mb on an entirely seperate mob.
Was a mob claimed so you knew the objectives before WSing? I've opened the first mob with a 30k+ WS which was also the first claim, and didn't get the objective. Lennart's comparison to Abyssea is accurate.

Otherwise that has never happened to me.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-07-31 11:12:52
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm that sometimes the 30k WS doesn't register as completed. It has happened to me twice on Mandy on farming runs. I'm samurai so my prep is attack, Konzen-Ittai + Hagakure + WS. Konzen-Ittai is used on the Mob so it for sure is claimed. I did 2 or 3 12-15k WS + 20k+ SC damage without killing the mandy but it didn't count toward the 30k objective. So far this has only happened to me on the Mandy. This has worked for objective on Lizard/Bird/Rabbit/Beetle/Leech/Fly/Tiger.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-07-31 11:49:06
Link | Citer | R

So the mandragora is probably the source of that glitch? And yes the objectives were already known when I went to fight the Mandy.
By Taint 2017-07-31 11:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Yep same thing happened to me numerous times....always thought it was odd.

Had someone talking ***about it too....saying I couldn't 30k WS during a card run when I clearly did way more on the mandy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-07-31 12:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Friggen mandys monks then.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-31 13:39:45
Link | Citer | R

So how did you guys do this campaign?

Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-31 13:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
So how did you guys do this campaign?

Are you sober enough to respond to a response? :P
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-31 14:19:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm not drunk you are.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-07-31 16:37:06
Link | Citer | R

I now have 360+ SMN cards sitting there, in addition to full +3.
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-31 16:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
I now have 360+ SMN cards sitting there, in addition to full +3.

You could have gotten MNK cards instead to prepare for SMN nerf.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-31 16:41:08
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm that a special chest floor can happen between floors 1-2 or 2-3. We only saw it once this month, but when it happened we got a bunch of red chests instead of the gold ones usually seen from the chest floor which only appears after a Mega Boss.

I'm not sure if we got anything other than a Knobkierre (I opened one and I'm sure others tried too), but it's safe to assume this special chest floor only gives equipment from mini bosses (Craver, Thinker, Gorger) or possibly another canteen. I should have taken a screenshot to prove it .. but I didn't know it wasn't common knowledge. I also didn't know that killing all mobs on floor 1 and 2 increases the chances of it .. as I didn't know it existed til it popped.

My LS members can confirm this happened to us. We killed every mob on every floor, every day (except two days when we saved canteens to do Ginx2), and we only saw it once .. so the chance of seeing it is very small. I can't remember if we cleared all optional objectives or not.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I can confirm that sometimes the 30k WS doesn't register as completed. It has happened to me twice on Mandy on farming runs. I'm samurai so my prep is attack, Konzen-Ittai + Hagakure + WS. Konzen-Ittai is used on the Mob so it for sure is claimed. I did 2 or 3 12-15k WS + 20k+ SC damage without killing the mandy but it didn't count toward the 30k objective. So far this has only happened to me on the Mandy. This has worked for objective on Lizard/Bird/Rabbit/Beetle/Leech/Fly/Tiger.

I can confirm this also happened to me on Transcended Mandy once. I know for a fact I wrecked it and got 30k+ .. but it didn't register. Tried again on the Transcended Vulture and it worked first time. Funny how we had the same thing happen on the same mob .. it might be glitched, or it might not have enough HP? Either way it seems odd.

I'm also very confused by this recurring comment: "You need to keep the mob alive after the 30k WS for it to count". Never .. ever, aside from that one example I stated above, have I failed this objective, and most of the time my 2nd WS is killing it right away. There is no rule here .. you do a 30k damage WS (skillchain counts too) and you get it no matter what happens to the mob. Unless it glitches out like I and Shadowmeld said.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-31 16:52:40
Link | Citer | R

red chests show up after miniboss too and i've never seen a chest floor that wasn't following a miniboss/megaboss

furthermore, assuming you always get equipment because you opened one chest and got equipment is laughably naive.. i've gotten gil from red floors plenty

it is common knowledge that red chest floors exist, their drops don't seem notably different(though it's usually pick 1 or pick 2 instead of the pick 3 on gold).. seeing one that wasn't after a boss is new but i'm inclined to think you just remembered wrong
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-31 16:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
red chests show up after miniboss too and i've never seen a chest floor that wasn't following a miniboss/megaboss

furthermore, assuming you always get equipment because you opened one chest and got equipment is laughably naive.. i've gotten gil from red floors plenty

it is common knowledge that red chest floors exist, their drops don't seem notably different(though it's usually pick 1 or pick 2 instead of the pick 3 on gold).. seeing one that wasn't after a boss is new but i'm inclined to think you just remembered wrong

I did not remember wrong. Aside from the one event where we did Gin x2 (got no chest floors that day), we got the red chest floor between floor 2-3 after I picked the smaller light .. however, it was last week and I've done quite a bit since then, so it could've been between 1-2 (I'll ask my LS friends about it later). I know for 100% fact we didn't do Craver, Thinker, or Gorger on that run. That much I remember for sure.

"assuming you always get equipment because you opened one chest and got equipment is laughably naive"

Also yeah .. when I said "only gives equip from mini-bosses", I meant this in the context of "don't expect to see Niqmaddu Rings or anything like that". Of course you're going to get other crappy things like gil .. but I didn't think I needed to state that as it was obvious.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-31 17:01:26
Link | Citer | R

That makes more sense. Your original post also failed to specify that you were only doing farm path. Obviously you can hit the omen roll to trigger a chest floor prior to floor 3, so perhaps on farm run if you've hit one you obtain it after floor 2 instead.

(The omen numbers are actually a lottery of sorts, 666 among other values will guarantee a chest floor after the next boss. That is why killing more mobs increases chances. It would make sense that if you're flagged to receive one and you go farm path without an Ou pop(or maybe with too) they'd want to insert your chests somewhere.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-31 17:03:25
Link | Citer | R

That makes more sense. Your original post also failed to specify that you were only doing farm path. Obviously you can hit the omen roll to trigger a chest floor prior to floor 3, so perhaps on farm run if you've hit one you obtain it after floor 2 instead.

I did state we only did Gin twice this month, and had we got the red chest floor on those runs I would've stated it was only on the Mega Boss runs. I'm 99% sure it wasn't, but I'll ask my LS peeps to see if they remember more clearly than I .. as it's possible I could be remembering wrong and I don't want to spread misinformation.

And to clarify something else .. still not seen a chest floor occur at the end of a card farm. Someone told me it's possible .. but we ain't seen it yet.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-31 17:13:07
Link | Citer | R

I would suspect it's not possible, as there are no omens on the card farm floor. Given we accept your testimony and assume any chest floor earned on f1/f2 is given between f2 and f3 of that path, there would be no opportunity to earn a chest floor payable at that time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-31 17:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah my brain tells me it definitely wasn't, but one of my LS members remembers it being on one of the Gin runs as we had the half circle of mobs to kill afterwards, and we didn't have any trusts as it was a party of six. Sorry .. I remembered wrong. Guess I'm getting old.

Edit: Another LS member told me it was definitely not during a card farm. Disregard what I said .. I hold my hand up, I was wrong.
 Asura.Warusha
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-31 17:37:26
Link | Citer | R

(The omen numbers are actually a lottery of sorts, 666 among other values will guarantee a chest floor after the next boss. That is why killing more mobs increases chances. It would make sense that if you're flagged to receive one and you go farm path without an Ou pop(or maybe with too) they'd want to insert your chests somewhere.)
Edit: emphasis mine

I'm certain I've seen 666 on floor 1, smaller light chosen on floor 2, everything killed on floor 3, Ou killed on floor 4, all without a bonus floor.

Edit: Corroborating his account and placed emphasis on his specific diction.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-31 17:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough, that's what I thought.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-31 20:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm also very confused by this recurring comment: "You need to keep the mob alive after the 30k WS for it to count". Never .. ever, aside from that one example I stated above, have I failed this objective, and most of the time my 2nd WS is killing it right away. There is no rule here .. you do a 30k damage WS (skillchain counts too) and you get it no matter what happens to the mob. Unless it glitches out like I and Shadowmeld said.

The mob doesn't have to be alive, but it does have to have at least 30k hp before the ws/sc. That's why you do it on T mobs and not the regular S ones. So even if you did a 30k ws to a T mob with like 10% hp left or something, it won't complete.
[+]
By kishr 2017-07-31 21:52:33
Link | Citer | R

30K HP taken from mob using one WS.

Is a better way to imagine it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-31 22:08:24
Link | Citer | R

kishr said: »
30K HP taken from mob using one WS.

Is a better way to imagine it.

This is actually inaccurate. You can complete the objective with a skillchain that extends from a single weaponskill

Ie
Fudo>fudo = light
The second fudo+light damage will all Count towards the objective clear, assuming the monster has 30k hp
Konzen-ittai>fudo does the same thing, just removes first sc

Also I don't ever remember it being reported that you can obtain a chest floor prior to floor 3 boss. That's extremely rare, as I've never seen it or heard of anybody who has gotten it either until you. Of course I've never seen an omen body either soooo...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8