Forum » FFXI » General » Omen Cards campaign
Omen Cards campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-31 23:21:09
Link | Citer | R

thought on the ws+sc not counting on the transcended mandragora in particular.....

long shot, but since they are mnk type mobs they can counter physical weaponskills, and in the "total physical weaponskills" objective, this is clearly seen by performing a physical WS on any mandy, and if they counter it (no log mention of it, and the WS still deals damage) it won't count for your objective total. Is it possible the same thing is occurring for the "30k WS" objective?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-31 23:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure WS's can't be countered... They can however be guarded which leads to all sorts of weird logic elsewhere so I could see it causing problems here.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-31 23:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, WS definitely can't be countered lol
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-01 00:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Tbh just used counter as a general "*** that mnk mob for objectives" reason lol...its very clear i know jack about the job haha
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-01 09:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Well if guard is being factored into the equation (even though over 30k is seen in the log) makes no sense. I'm more inclined to think it's a bug but what do I know. I'll wait for them to address it formally, or retest next card campaign, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I farm another floor after that campaign. I'm burned out
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-01 10:42:53
Link | Citer | R

my guess is the mandy specifically has less than 30k max hp
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-01 10:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Nah, done 30k MB objective on mandy plenty of times, it definitely has enough hp.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-01 11:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Nah, when I did runs on RNG I would always use the transcended Mandy for 30k WS using Trueflight (magical ws) without problems.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-01 15:54:09
Link | Citer | R

It's got at least 40k. Because I've done at least that much on it and not killed it.
 Phoenix.Besickl
Serveur: Phoenix
user: besickl
By Phoenix.Besickl 2017-08-01 15:57:58
Link | Citer | R

From my experiences the text should read perform a 30k weapon skill without killing the mob the ws itself has to be over 30k and doesn't count sc etc
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-01 16:01:29
Link | Citer | R

I have reliably completed the objective on my samurai with skillchain damage. My max damage is right at about 15k, average with 3000 TP is about 10 or 11k. I've never even broken 20k, much less 30k.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-01 16:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Besickl said: »
From my experiences the text should read perform a 30k weapon skill without killing the mob the ws itself has to be over 30k and doesn't count sc etc

Your experience is highly inaccurate. If your WS is 12k and SC damage is 18k, it counts.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-01 17:05:14
Link | Citer | R

I think they have around 50-60k hp as I've done nearly 50k salute for WSD and it didn't quite kill it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-01 17:05:55
Link | Citer | R

30k ws is actually impossible for some jobs without sc damage. That would be a terrible requirement.

Also, stated this page ago
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-08-01 18:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »

I think they have around 50-60k hp as I've done nearly 50k salute for WSD and it didn't quite kill it.

Fairly sure all the transcended mobs have 60,000HP
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-08-01 18:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
30k ws is actually impossible for some jobs without sc damage. That would be a terrible requirement.

No complaints for an easier requirement, but what DPS jobs can't hit 30k on a weaponskill without the skillchain? Nina and Monk? Only need 1 person in a party to be able to do it, and it's not like there are parties full of Ninja and Monks as only dps running around.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-01 18:23:49
Link | Citer | R

I can do it about 50% of the time on Ninja, Rin > Retsu > Hi > Hi, just depends the damage spike on Hi.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-01 22:03:54
Link | Citer | R

I can't on Samurai while solo + trusts. Most I've gotten is about 18k. Granted, I don't have any of the best GKT. Only an Umaru, and I only have 1 piece of valorous with 2% WSD only.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-01 22:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
No complaints for an easier requirement, but what DPS jobs can't hit 30k on a weaponskill without the skillchain? Nina and Monk? Only need 1 person in a party to be able to do it, and it's not like there are parties full of Ninja and Monks as only dps running around.
i mean, you made this comment to imply 'oh look these weak *** dd cant do 30k ws'.. but when you only have 2 potential mobs with the hp, the majority of DD can't be guaranteed a 30k ws within 4 tries.. if you have a 30k magic burst in the same set you only get 2 tries

skillchain is minimal setup for groups that know their scs(hopefully you do for boss anyway) and makes it a guaranteed thing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 00:14:12
Link | Citer | R

From a solo perspective, no mage job can reliably hit that objective. Ninja has incredible issues with it as well. You aren't speaking for everybody as some people (myself) solo omen very often, usually daily. Dragoon actually has some potential issues since stardiver can be irregular at times. I have aeonic, but I've frequently missed the objective because Drake's > star didn't hit enough and the other combinations were either weak or killed it from a multi step. My samurai has no issues landing it with a good konzen+3000+sengikori, but this is besides the point. I have Sylvie, so the extra damage from her bubbles helps. But ordinarily, that objective is tricky on the first two floors of you don't plan for it. It's not automatic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 00:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I can't on Samurai while solo + trusts. Most I've gotten is about 18k. Granted, I don't have any of the best GKT. Only an Umaru, and I only have 1 piece of valorous with 2% WSD only.

I have better great likely but I use umaru. My advice is to konzen+sengikori+ws at 3000% with every possible attack buff you can activate (frailty, berserk, last resort, chaos roll, fighters) and hope for the best. That fudo light damage can be potent if stacked properly.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-08-02 00:22:13
Link | Citer | R

I have better great likely but I use umaru. My advice is to konzen+sengikori+ws at 3000% with every possible attack buff you can activate (frailty, berserk, last resort, chaos roll, fighters) and hope for the best. That fudo light damage can be potent if stacked properly.

Well, he did say solo so no frailty which makes a huge difference. I guess you could use sylvie, but entrust frailty isn't all that strong.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 00:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylvie's frailty is 18% or so.

edit: sylvie will also do fury, which is huge

It helps, especially if you're using Koru to Dia3 and Qultada to Chaos, RCB + Berserk. There's your attack difference right there. You could also summon Naja and lock her into Peacebreaker, which is a whopping amount of defense down (50% stat) not geomancy. There's options, sam should not have much issues landing that objective, of all jobs.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-02 01:00:04
Link | Citer | R

From a solo perspective, no mage job can reliably hit that objective. Ninja has incredible issues with it as well. You aren't speaking for everybody as some people (myself) solo omen very often, usually daily. Dragoon actually has some potential issues since stardiver can be irregular at times. I have aeonic, but I've frequently missed the objective because Drake's > star didn't hit enough and the other combinations were either weak or killed it from a multi step. My samurai has no issues landing it with a good konzen+3000+sengikori, but this is besides the point. I have Sylvie, so the extra damage from her bubbles helps. But ordinarily, that objective is tricky on the first two floors of you don't plan for it. It's not automatic.

i usually close light with CT, with just rabbit pie, relic AM and Hasso geik > CT light nearly always nets me 30k+ combined cept for lolmandy and wiff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 01:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Camlann's was so unreliable for me, I found that closing with Stardiver lead to better damage. What I ended up doing was jst storing 3k tp for am3 and getting the highest possible damage on sc from drakes > stardiver.

Oh and lolmiss is loldrg
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-02 01:16:06
Link | Citer | R

I've been able to regularly hit the 30k ws on RDM with just trusts (no Sylvie) and Dia3.
Ayame opens light for me and I close with a 3k Savage Blade.
My gear on RDM sucks but I usually manage.

What I can't usually do with RDM when I'm in a group is the 6step SC.
Burning Blade > Shining Blade rinse and repeat should create a 6 step but for some reason I can never manage to get the objective done.
Not sure what's wrong with my setup, maybe I need more STP, I dunno /shrugs
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-08-02 08:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I've been using Konzen + Hagakure because I thought Hagakure was the SC damage boost. With that setup I've been able to reliably get 30k with SC damage on Fudo. I was going through my abilities yesterday and realized that Sengikori is the SC damage boost....

Is Silvie only available as Unity Trust or can you get her independent of that? I use Yoran-Oran (UC) because he erases me and uses Afflatus Solace. I don't know if I could give that up.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-08-02 08:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
What I can't usually do with RDM when I'm in a group is the 6step SC.
Burning Blade > Shining Blade rinse and repeat should create a 6 step but for some reason I can never manage to get the objective done.
Not sure what's wrong with my setup, maybe I need more STP, I dunno /shrugs

The last two steps need to be near instant, so you really need some JA help (reverse flourish, Sekkanoki, etc) or trust help to make it work.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-02 09:00:31
Link | Citer | R

I think Saevel manages to do that (with swords!) on WAR and RDM and I don't think he relies on Sekkanoki or meditate or anything.

I think the best I could reach was like step 3, I think I'm doing something else wrong :x
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 09:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I've been using Konzen + Hagakure because I thought Hagakure was the SC damage boost. With that setup I've been able to reliably get 30k with SC damage on Fudo. I was going through my abilities yesterday and realized that Sengikori is the SC damage boost....

Is Silvie only available as Unity Trust or can you get her independent of that? I use Yoran-Oran (UC) because he erases me and uses Afflatus Solace. I don't know if I could give that up.

Hagakure is Save TP, though with gifts, its actually TP bonus effect is added to your ws, so it's not totally useless.

Sylvie is a UNPC, you have to join her unity. There are times where I miss having a competent WHM (don't have Ygnas) around, so I have to settle for Nashmeria II, Cherukiki (who is an idiot) and occasionally some Arciella II/Koru for added cures. The good thing is Sylvie will always cure4 you (unless you're weakened, she'll use cure3), will remove every -na from you, and will never run out of MP. Problem is she is greatly limited by Cure4 recast and the sub500 cure potency she possesses. Its a personal choice.

On another note about SAM hitting 30k, they have access to Tachi:Ageha, which, as of the last update guarantees it will land with a 119 weapon. Thats 25% extra defense down you can stack to your attacks, and its pitifully weak, so it won't deal any damage and hurt your chances of 30k.

There is a 5 step with that that will all but guarantee the 30k.
Ageha > Enpi > Enpi > Shoha > Fudo. This will probably rip the trans up, but the final fudo will get the job done. If you're afraid that you might kill the T, then use a modified Jinpu set. The SC damage from that is heavily potent with the right gear.

I really don't think SAM has as big of an issue landing 30k solo as the other 2handers.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8