sam/war
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-20 10:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kormak said: »
Thanks for the info, still working on NNI pieces so ill have to make do with this for now:

ItemSet 301588

Back to praying for good jumps and 1-2 lamp floors for me then.

Quick upgrades would be anything but Bale hands...they are crap for Reso.

Avant hands, even NQ would be better.

Also get a Moonshade earring ASAP. (Tpbonus)
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-05-24 22:32:19
Link | Citer | R

So about this Mikinaak stuff. At the moment I use the Mekira +1, Phorcys Body/Hands, Bale +2 Legs, and the Karieyh feet for Resolution. My question is when, if at all, does each piece of Mikinaak surpass these pieces (assuming Attack upgrade path)?
By Solrain 2013-05-24 23:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
sam/war

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-26 22:06:28
Link | Citer | R

thought id share the work i put together for bereaver

ItemSet 302257

ws in 6 stp all assuming /sam

it is a 6 hit allowing for 4/5 reso

1 more stp in tp and it would only need 3/5 reso
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-04 23:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone crunched the math to see when miki body surpasses phorcys on acc capped content?

i think ill try crunch numbers tomorrow...
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-06-05 03:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Carraway Author said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
So about this Mikinaak stuff. At the moment I use the Mekira +1, Phorcys Body/Hands, Bale +2 Legs, and the Karieyh feet for Resolution. My question is when, if at all, does each piece of Mikinaak surpass these pieces (assuming Attack upgrade path)?
Mikinaak legs would be a wash/slight upgrade at rank 0, and it's very easy to get them to rank 2 for +8 atk/+4 acc. Mikinaak feet are best-suited for TP sets; most will recommend going acc path on those. Mikinaak hands/head are also only going to be situational TP pieces. Mikinaak body would probably need to be rank 10+ to be competitive with Phorcys or Karieyh body, and even then (without having plugged it into a spreadsheet) I doubt it's worth the investment.

Wrong, depending on buffs the margin of superiority on a rank 15 miki body over phorcys changes, in most instances where I am using delve fodder as placement mob I have miki body rank 15 winning. When fighting nms there is simply no contest miki > phorcys.

Acc matters now in this content and this is simply why it is coming out as a better option. For resolution any way it is different for 1-2 hit ws.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-05 16:20:16
Link | Citer | R

the current goal for all gsword drks in the new content should be getting acc high enough that you can comfortably use real foods like rcb instead of sole sushi
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-05 16:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Recently finished my Minkin body to Rank 10 and it's definitely an upgrade on anything that you'd be overly concerned about with damage. Most people don't realize it, but we tend to WS in less acc then we TP in which in newer content can really give you random WS numbers, especially if your parsing 90%+ acc.

So yeah Boots > Legs > Body. All to rank 5 then work them up.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-05 22:41:48
Link | Citer | R

feet are worth it right away, type b and push it all the way, great place to increase tp build acc

legs need to be rank 2-3 to push out af3+2, but after that they will surpass them easily from total domination on all needed stats. type A ofc

body is going to win on anything where you need the acc obviously, id say at rank 10 youre definately going to match phorcys on "fodder" content, youd need to calc it out to figure out when it will pass phorcys when acc doesnt matter, but you cant gear for fodder and plan to do hq
 Siren.Hyabusa
Serveur: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-05 23:32:01
Link | Citer | R

So I just came back and I'm forced to *** out my COR until I at least get a Bereaver.

I'm looking for a new body to wear, currently sporting Phorcys. I have Ace's mail too and if I can find some way to work in Ogiers hands to 6 hit the stupid delay of Bereaver /WAR I wouldn't mind putting Aces back on.

But if I have to 7 hit and I can hit 26% haste without any on the body, which should I use? Side note, I'm hoping to not hunt down an armada berk this late in the game. Anything Adouliny out there that's worth it in the body slot?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-06-05 23:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Could try a Pak Corselet. Also /SAM.
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-05 23:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Is /SAM more popular than /WAR these days?
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-05 23:47:02
Link | Citer | R

I guess with the insane evasion of mobs these days you have to /sam, wear less storetp for acc and eat pizza+1?

That would kill my ***.
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-05 23:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Ignore the deleted post, I forgot how to internet.

Back on subject, how shitty would this be? 6 hit /WAR (I think).

ItemSet 281087
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-06 06:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Pak Corselet is pretty much a poor mans armada. Not quite as good but good enough to serve the same purpose.

/SAM will help you more for a few reasons. Primarily is that it keeps you alive, especially during LR sexy time. The +15 store TP helps making a 6-hit build pretty reasonable, you only need ~42 sTP to get a 6-hit with Berever. And currently with the way the monsters Ratio works, Berserk + LR is pretty much a death sentence.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-06-06 07:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Carraway Author said: »
Where was I wrong? Sorry if I worded it poorly, but I guesstimate that at R10+ Mikinaak body probably beats Phorcys in most situations (instead of just some situations at R2). However, I think upgrading legs and feet first are more important in terms of DPS upgrades. Without spreadsheeting it I could definitely be wrong about the inflection point, and certainly if you have the plasm and/or gil to spare, there's no reason not to upgrade it, but it's still a serious investment in an item that may or may not retain its value as more Adoulin content is released. Of course, if you need the upgrade in order to beat the new Adoulin content, then it's worth it.

I wasn't speaking about tp mainly the I don't conform to what is considered a standard set on here any since im using ares+1 and hafrn +9% crit hit feet in tp set up. I was mainly talking about the ws aspect only.

Rank 10 body and above is good enough im using rank 15 body and rnk 15 legs and you clearly notice a difference.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-06 08:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Is /SAM more popular than /WAR these days?

/war was VW SJ.

SaveTP got nerfed, Embrava got Nerfed, DEF adjustment, firm Xhits are back. There is close to zero reason to use /war now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-06-06 18:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Pak Corselet is pretty much a poor mans armada. Not quite as good but good enough to serve the same purpose.

/SAM will help you more for a few reasons. Primarily is that it keeps you alive, especially during LR sexy time. The +15 store TP helps making a 6-hit build pretty reasonable, you only need ~42 sTP to get a 6-hit with Berever. And currently with the way the monsters Ratio works, Berserk + LR is pretty much a death sentence.

The +1 on the other hand is superior to armada imo, assuming you don't need the STP, which I don't think you will with delve or ragnarok.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-06-06 20:54:00
Link | Citer | R

I think the two are comparable for Pak Corselet +1 vs Armadaberk. If the STP isn't as important as before, then +1 is better. I would say getting perfect augments on Armadaberk and +1 Pak Corselet will cost about the same in the long run. However, you can always resell a Pak Corselet +1.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-06-07 03:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

The +1 on the other hand is superior to armada imo, assuming you don't need the STP, which I don't think you will with delve or ragnarok.

Armada is still ahead : more acc and DEX vs 0,01 more hit per round, +6 str (for tp...) And +3 att. Pak +1 is an alternative, a weaker one.
Whenever you don't need the STP you could use Enif or Valkyrie.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-06-07 12:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Out of these 3 earring which pair would be more beneficial for Resolution: Brutal Earring, Moonshade (attack+ TP Bonus), or Bale Earring?

Also would Ace's Mail or Ogier Surcoat be viable options for TP body?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-06-07 12:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I do have a Pak and the Zoran haste belt. Just thought that more haste would outweigh the double attack. Thanks for the tips!

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2013-06-07 20:23:32
Link | Citer | R

So this is what I'm aiming for since it should be easy to throw together having just returned. I just need KIs and two or three more good farming nights.

ItemSet 281087

Respectable? Competent?

I'm seeing a lot or garbage being invited these days just because they have a delve weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52