Why Is It So Difficult To Criticize Islam Without Angrying It Deeply?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
Why is it so difficult to criticize Islam without angrying it deeply?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 19:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Virusheartt said:
sorry Korpg being busy with those 2 ppl trying to let them stfu since they had nothing to say other then trying to be "look I'm the funny guy"

what do you want to know ?
Who said I was trying to be funny?

I sincerely meant it when I said to STFU, GTFO and go QQ (which is cry, just in case you don't know) somewhere else.
 Ragnarok.Virusheartt
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Virusheartt 2010-05-01 19:22:02
Link | Citer | R

another annoying person just join us , welcome .Princemercu
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 19:22:23
Link | Citer | R

ok i didnt notice this til now but why is ffxiah covered in single muslim adds? >.>
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 19:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Phenomena said:
ok i didnt notice this til now but why is ffxiah covered in single muslim adds? >.>

For the lulz.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 19:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Because the forums don't want Virus posting anymore and they're trying to entice him away to go somewhere else.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 19:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Leviathan.Phenomena said:

For the lulz.

nice lol.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:
Qur'an doesnt say that infidels must be killed....

Surah 9:5 would like to have a word with you...
beat me to it.
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I think that's traditional in some areas, in others IIRC, it has become more lenient to women being able to show their faces. And by IIRC, I mean "If I'm wrong, it isn't my fault."
Yeah, but isn't the whole point in making women hide their faces in public just to demean them in what they truly want?
will to be honst I dont blame u for knowing nothing to a few about islam since all what you guys saw from us was ppl who kill other people under the name of islam other then what the goverments says about islam in public
Bolded for the fix. Be more honest about your religion.
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Balufalu said:
I kinda agree with Virusheartt...
While this is stashed in the "everything" forum, I think the topic itself is kinda too sensitive to be discussed openly. Now, some people are gonna be "Well why? Are you just another person that can't accept anothers' point of view?"

No, I can very much accept anothers' point of view. There's too much generalization, especially with the opening post, along with a lack of understanding or explanation on shariah law.

Slip made a good point of saying "Well they're making islamic Extremists look bad", but there's hardly been a mention of extremists, only those who have a grain of common sense could see that was the case, where a lot of others would jump to conclusions.

I'm a fan of conversations like this, but when they base from the ramblings of some moron that has nothing better to do than find a controversial topic that they know will ruffle some feathers, add in their boneheaded-ness and adding in sly comments that "Religion is mundane" and other sentances that revolve around "Well I think this is stupid, so you must be stupid or living in the dark ages to still follow that crap" then you have a shitstorm in the making.

Balufalu: 3 posts, all of which are only in this thread.
 Ragnarok.Virusheartt
By Ragnarok.Virusheartt 2010-05-01 19:25:59
Link | Citer | R

will I'm feeling lonely here so thank you Balufalu for the support
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 19:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I think that's traditional in some areas, in others IIRC, it has become more lenient to women being able to show their faces. And by IIRC, I mean "If I'm wrong, it isn't my fault."
Yeah, but isn't the whole point in making women hide their faces in public just to demean them in what they truly want?

No, no. It's a thing of modesty. Like how women were considered inappropriate to show their ankles pre-1930s, or like how it's inappropriate for a woman to show her breasts. They just believe it is/was inappropriate.
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Surah 9:5

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 19:28:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't even give my opinions on these matters, I'd be thrown out into the street and stoned most likely ;-;
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 19:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:
Surah 9:5 "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."

INFIDEL!!
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:

"When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."
Dude... you do know this applies only to their region in the past?
read moar
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-05-01 19:30:45
Link | Citer | R

It's entirely possible to practice a religion and not agree with everything about it. Crazy idea, I know.

inb4 "lol change religions" or "haha religion sux"
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

No, no. It's a thing of modesty. Like how women were considered inappropriate to show their ankles pre-1930s, or like how it's inappropriate for a woman to show her breasts. They just believe it is/was inappropriate.

Your already innapropriate for saying breasts. ! you will get stoned !!!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

I agree with you on that, if it wasn't for the fact that I read in a journal that women generally grasp the vain concept of beauty thru their entire lives. Meaning they want to be beautiful, and want to show it to the world their beauty.

What the men of Islam are doing is demeaning the women by making them go against their innate believe of beauty, and are therefor hurting themselves by that.
 Asura.Balufalu
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Balufalu 2010-05-01 19:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:

Balufalu: 3 posts, all of which are only in this thread.

Might wanna look up my main character, Israfel then
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 19:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Shut up, woman.
 Ragnarok.Virusheartt
By Ragnarok.Virusheartt 2010-05-01 19:32:25
Link | Citer | R

LOL Kojo keep going guys that's what I thought that this subject is aiming for , leaving forums so you guys can post more screen shots till you guys get tired and close it

it seems that who created this forum didnt say somthing else or did I just missed it?

get alife guys...

later~
By Trebold 2010-05-01 19:33:26
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

read moar

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement.

Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers,

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Yes, because this says: "oh, by the way, guys, only do this between the years 500 AD to 1500 AD, ok?"
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Shut up, woman.

You trollinz. :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 19:33:33
Link | Citer | R

LOL Kojo keep going guys that's what I thought that this subject is aiming for , leaving forums so you guys can post more screen shots till you guys get tired and close it

it seems that who created this forum didnt say somthing else or did I just missed it?

get alife guys...

later~

My life doesn't revolve around *** slapping women who show hair so... yeah.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 19:33:51
Link | Citer | R

LOL Kojo keep going guys that's what I thought that this subject is aiming for , leaving forums so you guys can post more screen shots till you guys get tired and close it it seems that who created this forum didnt say somthing else or did I just missed it? get alife guys... later~

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not being ignorant, I'm being an ***.
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

I agree with you on that, if it wasn't for the fact that I read in a journal that women generally grasp the vain concept of beauty thru their entire lives. Meaning they want to be beautiful, and want to show it to the world their beauty.

What the men of Islam are doing is demeaning the women by making them go against their innate believe of beauty, and are therefor hurting themselves by that.
Actually, if you look deep into why they're doing so, is similar to how nuns cover up their body completely.
Modesty, faithfulness, etc.

This is pretty low to criticize on, and only makes us look bad to look down on them for that...
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-01 19:35:59
Link | Citer | R

get alife guys...

later~
Page 2 of this very thread:
Asura.Korpg said:
It was just another person's avoidance of accepting that other people have different points of view.

Its either run away from the truth, censorship, or mass murder.
 Asura.Balufalu
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Balufalu 2010-05-01 19:36:48
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Actually, if you look deep into why they're doing so, is similar to how nuns cover up their body completely.
Modesty, faithfulness, etc.

This is pretty low to criticize on, and only makes us look bad to look down on them for that...

Amen to this, isn't the whole point of them covering their bodies supposed to be because Their body is for their husband's eyes only?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-01 19:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't even give my opinions on these matters, I'd be thrown out into the street and stoned most likely ;-;
My views are borderline heretical, apparently.

Something to do with me not recognizing Israel as a country appears to piss people off.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-01 19:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
LOL Kojo keep going guys that's what I thought that this subject is aiming for , leaving forums so you guys can post more screen shots till you guys get tired and close it it seems that who created this forum didnt say somthing else or did I just missed it? get alife guys... later~

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not being ignorant, I'm being an ***. <3

[+]
By semimmortal 2010-05-01 19:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Trebold said:
semimmortal said:
Trebold said:

read moar

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement.

Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers,

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Yes, because this says: "oh, by the way, guys, only do this between the years 500 AD to 1500 AD, ok?"
Only proved it more so lol.
Read before copy/paste, and learn wtf they're talking about.

Hint in case of retardism: Research the idols in that era and their believers.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23