Shaddow Of The Collosus (possible Spoilers)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Shaddow of the Collosus (possible spoilers)
Shaddow of the Collosus (possible spoilers)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 02:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Would anyone care to summarize the the story behind it? I've tried looking for the Cut Scene library online, but to no avail.. I've only defeated half of the collosi and never got a chance to finish it (sold my PS2 and my B/C PS3), but I was wondering if there was any major plot twist or details I missed by not finishing it..

I'd really like for everything to fall together, but up to where I was, it was basically pointless.. Up to what I had done, it was basically just the Dev's designing a game around having to solve the puzzle of how to kill something 100x your size.... All I gathered is that the dude lost a loved one and begun a truly epic journey to bring her back..

Why they Collosi must be killed to do the task, why she died in the first place, or why the tentacles draw him in are all huge blanks..

Was there a deeper story behind this game? Or was this game simply made, because it could be made?

If you know of somewhere I could watch all the CS's that would be great, but just explaining it to me (in pretty deep detail at least) would be much appreciated.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 02:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Shadow of the Colossus Plot Details

The wiki posted above pretty much explains everything. I played the game, and apparently you really need to have played Ico to get a better understanding of the game (my friend who played explained most of it to me throughout the game). Also you must finish the game only to experience the epic fights and awesome music.

I was so glad Agro didn't die for real. :<

If you don't want to click the link...

The story of Shadow of the Colossus begins as Wander enters the forbidden land, traveling across the long bridge at its entrance on his horse, Agro. According to Lord Emon later in the game, prior to entering the forbidden land Wander had stolen a magical sword perhaps of Emon's possession, which is the only weapon capable of slaying the colossi of the forbidden land.[30]

Led to the massive Shrine of Worship at the center of the region, Wander carries with him a body wrapped in a cloak, which he lays upon an altar in the shrine. Removing the cloak, the body of a maiden named "Mono" is revealed. A moment later, several shadow-like creatures with humanoid forms appear and prepare to attack Wander, but he easily dismisses them with a wave of the ancient sword in his possession, which emits strong beams of light. After vanquishing the shadow creatures, the voice of the disembodied entity known as "Dormin" echoes from above, expressing surprise that Wander possesses the weapon. Wander requests that Dormin return Mono's soul to her body, which it states may be possible, but only if the sixteen idols lining the temple's hall are destroyed. It explains that this task can only be accomplished by using the ancient sword to kill sixteen colossi located throughout the land. Each contains a portion of Dormin's own essence, though this is not revealed until late in the game.[29][34]

Despite a warning from Dormin that he may have to pay a great price to revive Mono,[35] Wander sets out to search the land for the colossi and destroy them. With the death of each colossus, his physical appearance deteriorates - his skin becoming paler, his hair darker, dark streaks growing across his face, and there even appears a slight growth of horns on his head. Meanwhile, Mono's complexion improves and her voice can be faintly heard after each colossus has been killed. After the death of the twelfth, it is revealed to the player that Wander is being pursued by a group of warriors led by Emon.

Urged to hurry with his task by Dormin, Wander soon heads off to defeat the sixteenth and final colossus. On the way to this confrontation, he travels on horseback across a long bridge, which begins to collapse as he is halfway across. As Agro jumps over the last gap in the bridge, the portion she lands on begins to separate from its foundation, causing her to nearly lose her footing. Sensing the impending fall, Agro jerks forward to throw Wander to safety on the other side, sacrificing herself as the bridge finally gives way and she falls into the river hundreds of feet below. Wander goes on to defeat the final colossus, and Emon's company arrives in the Shrine of Worship just as the last temple idol crumbles; Wander appears soon afterwards, his eyes and skin now both entirely pale, and two small horns protruding from his head. Declaring that Wander has been "possessed by the dead", Lord Emon orders his warriors to kill him.[36] While he struggles to reach Mono, one warrior shoots Wander in the leg with a crossbow, while another stabs him through his heart with a sword. Black blood sprays from the wound as Wander's body becomes covered in darkness and falls to the floor — a death identical to those suffered by the colossi.

Afterward, Dormin's spirit possesses Wander's body, transforming it into a shadowy giant. Dormin, now speaking in its masculine voice, explains that it had been separated to sixteen pieces—the colossi—to seal away its power,[34] and that by entering Wander, who absorbed physical form from defeating each Colossus, it is now whole again.[37]. While his men flee, Lord Emon casts the ancient sword into a small pool at the back of the temple's hall, creating a whirlwind of light that consumes Dormin and, ultimately, Wander. Emon and his men flee the forbidden land as the bridge connecting to the temple collapses behind them. As they safely arrive at the entrance to the forbidden land, Emon expresses hope that if Wander survived, he will someday be able to atone for his crimes.[38]

In the temple, Mono awakens, restored by Dormin in accordance with its agreement with Wander, and Agro limps into the temple with an injured hind leg. Mono follows her to the pool into which Wander and Dormin were pulled by Emon's spell, finding a male infant with tiny horns on his head. She takes the child with her, following the horse to higher levels of the Shrine of Worship, and arrives at a secret garden within the shrine as the game ends.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 02:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Well I was looking for a more general summary (how she died, who she is to him EXACTLY (it's obviously someone he loves very much, as the CS's I went through don't show him *** her [lmao] it could be a sister just as much as it could be a lover, what they [the collosi] have to do with it all, etc)

BUT I wasn't able to find even this (I did look, but it was over a year ago and this didn't exist when I looked, in fact, the wiki page was nearly empty, all it had was very basic information, such as genre, release date, publisher, etc) so I shall read it...

Just for the record my hatred for all things long has nothing to do with laziness, I just have ADHD and a very short attention span, so reading long winded things tends to go in one ear and out the other, without being able to retain the knowledge I just read, that information is useless..

Thanks though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 02:40:18
Link | Citer | R

That is kinda weird, my wife played Ico... I knew they were made by the same company, but didn't know the two were actually entwined in that fashion, but reading that, it does fit...
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 02:42:13
Link | Citer | R

I think the girlfriend's baby is Ico, and supposed to be a reincarnation of wanderer or something, idk. @___@;
 Seraph.Pikachu
Serveur: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-04-28 02:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I think the girlfriend's baby is Ico, and supposed to be a reincarnation of wanderer or something, idk. @___@;
ico didnt have red hair :O i thought it just let the "curse" of horned children begin. and in ico "cursed" children were sealed away like ico was suppose to have been so he would die. go play ico!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 03:00:52
Link | Citer | R

I just might try playing Ico.. My wife still has it, and my comp has 9 gigs of ram, a HD4870, and a I7 processor.. I'm fairly confident it could run a PS2 emulator. (my old computer wasn't even half of the one this one is and it could handle a few games)