First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Also this thread is kinda

tl;dr for me so I'm only reading a select few of your comments and trying to ignore the fanboy fights.

What this comes down to is, the OP said 14 should be released by years end. celebrate.

Preorder for whatever device you see fit

STFU and wait like I am ^^
By Izey 2010-04-27 14:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Well as much as I would love to agree with Flionheart.... hhaha.

Yes - PC is OBVIOUSLY better than Ps3 (For more technical reasons).

No - PC is not better or cheaper than PS3 for gaming... games that were allready made for the PS3 itself...
And here is why...

I have... $1,500 Sony Desktop Computer...(Plus Tax)
Oh let me add that this computer is about 5 years old or so, it runs awesome I love it.

Now I don't know about you guys... but I don't have crap like Limwire... or NApwire... or <Insert illegal pirate software/sharware/LolVirus4u name here>

On niether my Desktop or Laptop.

When my brother baught his Xbox... I don't know.... probably some $300ish when he baught (Plus Tax)
He didnt have lag issues... his console didnt freeze up (Though there has been claims of this from other people, and the whole ring of death crap sux too).
But in General, It looks better, it run smoother... when we put my Laptop, Desktop, his Vaio LAptop, his Mac computer... and The TV running the Xbox all next to each other on seperate characters.... Graphics/Prices are as follows

Graphics from best to worse:

Xbox ($300~) -> Mac($1,000)-> Sony Laptop ($800) Hp Tablet ($1,200) -> Sony Desktop ($1,500)

In that order with a side by side comparison on 32' Flat screen plasmas.

Speed:

We tested "Speed," just as far as the game itself is concerned by casting spells. When casting on one of the PC's (Example pressing a Macro for stoneskin) The animation of the character casting will show up on the Xbox before any of the computers, even if you pressed the button on one of the computers...by how much? only about 1/2 a secound a lil more even, but when it comes to stuff like... camping a Mob that pops once every 3 days? This tends to matter ALOT.

Speed:

Xbox -> Mac -> Sony Desktop -> Hp Tablet -> Sony Laptop.

Now over all, performance such as.... how often and how long does your character freeze, or lag up on each system.
We used 2 seperate Cable Lan connections for this test.
And 2 systems at a time on 2 seperate wireless Cable lan connections, roughly playing for 20mins on each.

Times it lagged, and Lag Duration:

Xbox lags... -> 0-1 times for a split secound.

Mac lags... -> 0-3, 1-3 secound lag

Sony Desktop Lags... -> 0-2 split secound lags.

Hp Tablet lags... -> 2-6x, 2-12 secound lags

Sony Laptop... -> 2-4x, 3-4 secound lags

Now another thing is maybe "Windows Vista" had alot to do with the random BS, both the Tablet, and the Sony Laptop were on Vista, the Mac was running windows 7, and the sony Desktop was running Windows XP.

Regardless the point is that the console over all gave a smoothler gameplay experience alot less nusence, and much cheaper price tag.

Yes Computers are good for the things they do, but Game consoles are better for Gaming... obviously XD

I have one friend who plays with allmost 0 lag, 0 freezing 98% of the time... he built his computer which in the end costed him about $1,800, piece by piece and if you count tax per piece well around $2000.

I really find it hard to belive anyone can argue that they can build a PC that will run better, and look better than a console for a cheaper price than the console, or atleast below $500. Make a PC that runs better, looks better(graphics), than a gaming console running the same game for under $500 (Which is allmost double the latest PS3 price) That wont get keylogged or virus raped ^_^V
And I will personally pay you for it.
Send me message and I'll be waiting for it =D!

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:47:01
Link | Citer | R

That sounds more like Netlag tbh. the PC performs better in FFXI macro speed wise in general.
 Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:49:07
Link | Citer | R

believe it. if you arent a moron you can build a good PC for less than a grand. send sony or whoever who is building them for you more money. keep the economy stimulated.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart wins because his avatar is hilarious
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:49:38
Link | Citer | R

lol

also to note, was the laptop pc etc on wireless? bc that can add to lag as well. just wondering
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:50:47
Link | Citer | R

:D

If you saw the post earlier Dinarii that I deleted, it was because I read what you said totally wrong ><
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Dinarii said:
believe it. if you arent a moron you can build a good PC for less than a grand. send sony or whoever who is building them for you more money. keep the economy stimulated.

Yep. Send me that money, I build pcs all the time.

I can make you a PC worth 2k for the price of 500ish in materials, less if I go wholesale for my parts, I can probably get all the parts for 350 or 400. Same parts that a 2k pc would cost you but the difference is I'll overclock ya and fine tune you for gaming and media. They don't do that with PCs at Bestbuy or Walmart. but then again LOL for buying a PC from walmart or bestbuy in the first place 0.0
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
:D

If you saw the post earlier Dinarii that I deleted, it was because I read what you said totally wrong ><

lol nah i missed it XD, been hopping between here and LFG/LICD comics. goin out to get my new ink here in about 45mins, so just burning time haha
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-27 14:52:17
Link | Citer | R

PC component prices will drop by the end of the year. There will be new stuff out. You dont have to get the latest/most expensive.

No point in upgrading now, wait till game comes out if you are thinking about it. Please dont get a PC from a store. A lot of them suck bad. Custom build all the way. Do it yourself or have a friend help.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Nice avatar Rafik. Yours?
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Dinarii said:

Yep. Send me that money, I build pcs all the time.

I can make you a PC worth 2k for the price of 500ish in materials, less if I go wholesale for my parts, I can probably get all the parts for 350 or 400. Same parts that a 2k pc would cost you but the difference is I'll overclock ya and fine tune you for gaming and media. They don't do that with PCs at Bestbuy or Walmart. but then again LOL for buying a PC from walmart or bestbuy in the first place 0.0

amen. i started learning how to build PCs about 15years ago. my PC is easily worth 1600+ i didnt even spend half that on it. INCLUDING monitor. send me 1500$ ill spend 6-700 on ur pc, and keep the rest as moron collateral
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:54:00
Link | Citer | R

LOL amen amen amen LOL!

Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 14:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
PC component prices will drop by the end of the year. They will be new stuff out. You dont have to get the latest/most expensive.

No point in upgrading now, wait till game comes out if you are thinking about it. Please dont get a PC from a store. A lot of them suck bad. Custom build all the way. Do it yourself or have a friend help.

QFT. Manufacturers tend to idiot-proof your hardware making it difficult if not impossible to personally adjust or upgrade your own hardware. Not to mention stuffing your HD with rape-me-in-the-*** software that clogs up space and slows you down unnecessarily.
By Izey 2010-04-27 14:54:20
Link | Citer | R

The Desktop and the Xbox 360 are allmost equal in age, Xbox maybe a year more recent MAYBE. And Xbox runs better. Xbox has been running how many years now? I forget I'm not gonna bother checking... but personally I would rather buy a new computer after 8-9 years, then change 2-3 pieces for like $500, cause ofcourse Imma use the PC for more than gaming.
The console you don't need to replace for atleast 10yrs~ or so, depends when the Bigboys like Sony and Microsoft feel like releasing the next best thing.

Consoles are just plain better for gaming >_>
I like remote controllers XD!
But ironicly I only game on PC now o_O?

XD!

P.S. I hate Xbox, but it wins in the test.
Just saying Consoles are better for running games in comparison to price.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-27 14:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Nice avatar Rafik. Yours?

Yes, I drew it while I was in high school. So many years ago lol. It wasnt finished.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Exactly my point. People compare the PS3 price with retail price which is stupid.

Building PC's is far cheaper, and most of the time more effective as you have complete control over the components lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Yea I have some pieces of artwork from the past and present and some I plan to create and add to my deviant art page when i quit being lazy. I always appriciate good art when I see it sir. Good job!
By Izey 2010-04-27 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
That sounds more like Netlag tbh. the PC performs better in FFXI macro speed wise in general.

Still doesnt make sence to me, if its Netlag (If your suggestion ISP Lag) The console is running on the same connections the PCs were... so the console should get the same lag issue....
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:

Not true I'm afraid.

Seeing as you can use an Xbox 360 controller on a PC, and get less lag and better processing power the PC will win.

Not to mention mods and various other downloadable things.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:56:27
Link | Citer | R

DO NOT JINX US SIR!
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-27 14:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone been affected by that shitty McAfee bug?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Still doesnt make sence to me, if its Netlag (If your suggestion ISP Lag) The console is running on the same connections the PCs were... so the console should get the same lag issue....

Then the only logical reason is that your desktop isn't very good.

PC's should easily beat out PS3's, and therefore very easily beat out 360's.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Wait isnt Izey the guy who's always asking for FFXI and PC help in other forums? and LOL you got your desktop premade from a company, sony of all places too! Not a viable comparison. Place lol360 vs a home built rig and watch the pixels fly!
 Shiva.Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
The Desktop and the Xbox 360 are allmost equal in age, Xbox maybe a year more recent MAYBE. And Xbox runs better. Xbox has been running how many years now? I forget I'm not gonna bother checking... but personally I would rather buy a new computer after 8-9 years, then change 2-3 pieces for like $500, cause ofcourse Imma use the PC for more than gaming.
The console you don't need to replace for atleast 10yrs~ or so, depends when the Bigboys like Sony and Microsoft feel like releasing the next best thing.

I like remote controllers XD!
But ironicly I only game on PC now o_O?

XD!

P.S. I hate Xbox, but it wins in the test.
Just saying Consoles are better for running games in comparison to price.

and i solidly disagree. i used to swear by ps2 for shooters, ffxi etc etc etc. ps2 finally died. so... got the 360, had it for 55 days, it ***the bricks, sent it back, didnt get it back for over 2 months. by that time i'd built a new PC, started playing ffxi on it, and started playing other games, shooters and such. you can't beat the solid control of a mouse/kb with a controller. i'm sorry its just not as accurate, as fast and as adaptable. not to mention you typically have pre-set configs for controller setups. whereas you can usually fully configure your own kb/mouse sets. not even touching graphics or lag, PC beats consoles there. and 360 had terrible latency for popping mobs, so dont even get me started on that 3day HNM bs haha. i still think the ps2 trumped all in that aspect.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-27 14:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Yea I have some pieces of artwork from the past and present and some I plan to create and add to my deviant art page when i quit being lazy. I always appriciate good art when I see it sir. Good job!

thanks I should go back to drawing, been very lazy about it
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Izey said:

Not true I'm afraid.

Seeing as you can use an Xbox 360 controller on a PC, and get less lag and better processing power the PC will win.

Not to mention mods and various other downloadable things.

It's totally subjective to the game, actually. Look at something ported crappily to pc
(in a rush), like Oblivion.

Oblivion has always performed exceptionally well on my PC. You can also get downloads for it to get rid of some conflicting issues.

See what I mean, On a PC get a problem, get it fixed.

On the console, get a problem hope for a patch that rarely comes.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8