Forum » FFXI » General » Mages vs. Brainless DDs
Mages vs. Brainless DDs
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-24 15:05:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really disappoint night, You are good holy warrior.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Serveur: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-24 15:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Guessing you have a RNG for Shadowbind on Suzaku? I don't think mage bind lands.

Nah, anything with decent enf. and ES can do it too, but RNG is more easy/safe (with AF hand bind stick enought long to make NM lost 2h ) (most of time only 1 stun after unbound is enought and 2h is gone.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-04-24 15:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Quote:
Guessing you have a RNG for Shadowbind on Suzaku? I don't think mage bind lands.

Nah, anything with decent enf. and ES can do it too, but RNG is more easy/safe (with AF hand bind stick enought long to make NM lost 2h ) (most of time only 1 stun after unbound is enought and 2h is gone.

Hmmm, I'd say if you have enough enfeebling to land bind(ice spell) on Suzaku(fire god), then you may as well try ES Silence.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-24 15:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Quote:

Hmmm, I'd say if you have enough enfeebling to land bind(ice spell) on Suzaku(fire god), then you may as well try ES Silence.

Ive tryed that and didnt work with 337 Enf total, but have to say my MND setup is by far not done, that can easy explain it.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-04-25 06:29:16
Link | Citer | R

RDM finally is getting the tools needed to be able to silence high magic evasive mobs like Suzaku. Getting TP to 300 for Death Blossom and using Enstone II has always done it for me since I started doing it in that manner.

I'm really excited about the new Trial of Magians weapon that you get from trial 188-189.

Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 06:43:01
Link | Citer | R

this thread is still going... ?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 06:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:

Well seeing as people like you are still posting... ?
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 07:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Well seeing as people like you are still posting... ?

you're still here trying to prove most DD are fail when the only job you probably play is brd? lol
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-25 07:08:06
Link | Citer | R

you're still here trying to prove most DD are fail when the only job you probably play is brd? lol

Bard is one of the jobs you can tell how much DD's fail on the most. Whenever I pull I'm putting 110% in to keep the chain going, and I practically never stop moving or working. When you're putting that much effort into your job, you really notice DD's taking 10 seconds to engage a monster a lot more.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 07:12:55
Link | Citer | R

lets party together!

Beside the point! I've seen many fail mages and brd in my day as well. The point of the thread was calling DD brainless.

There is equal brainlessness. But more DD jobs. Thus there is more brainless DD.

The ratio is the same.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 07:30:45
Link | Citer | R

For some reason the quote function is not working

"Bard is one of the jobs you can tell how much DD's fail on the most. Whenever I pull I'm putting 110% in to keep the chain going, and I practically never stop moving or working. When you're putting that much effort into your job, you really notice DD's taking 10 seconds to engage a monster a lot more."

You can see on any job when the person is not performing their role. Mage, DD, Tank, "BRD" if they don't perform their role its very obvious.

This thread is entirely made by a player that has only played 1 type of job.

I suggest the OP play another type of job to see the perspective from the other end.

The first 3 jobs I took to 75? MNK, (Feifongwong the name dictated this, I even had people in game tell me I MUST level MNK). Next NIN I wanted to try tanking and be useful on other types of missions. Then WHM a healer, having played both DD and a tank I had a very good idea of what was needed and not.

While this does not mean I know all aspects of the game, (lol hardly) It gave me a good perspective from different roles and what is needed.

There is brainlessness on all ends of the spectrum, but again... there is more DD jobs than any other type of job. The ratio of "brainlessness" is equal. But because there are less buffer jobs, less tank jobs of course there are less idiots that play those roles.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 07:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Actually I only had brd levelled up a couple of days ago, It pisses me off when I'm playing mnk and 95% of the DD's are *** ***, not just gear wise but gameplay wise. And there are far worse Sam's for example, than brd's.
[+]
By Triplesix70 2010-04-25 07:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Tripster said:
OK so. DDs can play watching tv, scratching their balls and sniffing their fingers, eating, talking on the phone. No wonder it's a few ppl that can actually play mages on end game activities. So I just made that thread to tell all brainless DDs out there to drink some intelligent potions and actually use what they got inside their heads. For example, if you're a SAM doing Limbus or Nyzul Isle, make sure you switch up to Polearm when fighting Birds. It helps, you now. Or even, when doing Nyzul, don't pull a Chariot on a damn corridor and expect us mages to heal you through the walls. And don't cry cause you didn't use RR. There are so many things DDs make that makes us mages wanna kill them. So what do they do that grinds your gears? I'm sure there are a lot of examples out there.

Spoken just like a pissed of TT that is only good for one thing and just now realizing it......Mage class lmao.

Its ok lil guy,you always have Blue mage hope is not lost.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-25 08:01:27
Link | Citer | R

A fair point, but I tend not to really watch what other people are doing when I'm on DD. I won't deny, most of the time levelling MNK I was watching TV or playing Pokemon on my DS. Because there really wasn't that much to do.

But when I'm on mage jobs, even in benign exp parties where I really don't have to do much, I always paid a lot of attention. I suppose it's just the expectation, or knowledge, of exactly what you'll have to do on a specific job.

DRG was my 7th 75, MNK my 8th, and all the jobs before that required a little work and concentration. I would happily admit that by that point, I welcomed it, lol. It was nice being able to level a job that felt more laid back, and required less expectation of me (and on that latter note, it also meant people were more readily inviting you, since there are so many bad DDs, that the good ones stand out.)

But I also knew by that point I'd get away with it.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 08:25:52
Link | Citer | R

"Actually I only had brd levelled up a couple of days ago, It pisses me off when I'm playing mnk and 95% of the DD's are *** ***, not just gear wise but gameplay wise. And there are far worse Sam's for example, than brd's."

Fair enough because I prefer to play MNK and I'm damn good at it. I made this character, with the name, with the intention to be a MNK. Yes it does annoy me to see people not play their job "correctly" but that does happen. I see mages, DD, tanks... its always someone... fail at their job. That's life. Unless you have set people that trust and know will play their best, then don't complain. The real world works the same way.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-25 08:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Hey I'll be the first to say this fairly,

NIN: "I'm a freaking NIN f'n mages not hasting, HEY! I'm tankin' here!"

WHM: "Hey I'm DDx or TankX haste me too! Also! HEY! I'm enfeebed here!"

Everyone *** about your disadvantage, just play your best. I suggest playing different roles so you realize sometimes it is hard to keep the ***flowing "properly"! We all need to eat more fibre!!
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-25 17:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Batusai was a SAM btw. He was doing great in the party tho. Even though he was taking a dump while partying. That's why I said DDs can do pretty much anything while playing....
By rainlab 2010-04-25 22:11:37
Link | Citer | R

And would you care to explain how a mage couldn't have done the same?

The ability/inability to play FFXI while taking a dump has little to do with your character's job and much to do with you.

Seriously, how demanding could taking a dump be for one person?
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-25 22:21:08
Link | Citer | R

I for one can do just about anything while playing DD. There a few things I can't play while doing various things...stun duty...nin tank...main heal on rdm...
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Serveur: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-04-26 15:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Xpolak said:
DD's are meant to do dmg. They aren't meant to have brains for spells, stop hating on DD's cuz mages can't do ***without them and other way around. BLM cast big spells MNKs hit nonestop and ws, whm heals, PLD tanks, SAM nonestop WS, DRK is eh... All u DD haters stfu. u don't play it, don't judge it. some people just don't like playing with magic.

You are completely wrong here, I'm DD all the way but mages DONT need melee for really ANYTHING in the game, which in my opinion is one thing wrong with the game, but it is what it is. And before anyone starts saying stuff like "mages cant tank so and so this or that" rdm can tank and hold hate extremely well in the hands of a great player and for times when they cant, hello 6-18 smns.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-26 16:35:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, but due to recent unfortunate events concerning an individual with a Dragonball Z avatar, I will have to ask you to answer the following question:

Fill in the blank: Mithra are the best race ______ of their aesthetic qualities.

A. Because
B. Begos

This isn't an attack on you, so don't worry <_< most of the regulars will get it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-04-26 16:50:41
Link | Citer | R

In response to this thread its really a matter of common sense, perspective and consideration.

I myself started off as a DD, war and thf (yes it counts!), but when a friend and I started he started off as a mage. Between duoing with him at times, chatting things up with my coworker who plays whm, and my old CoP leader being a mother hen teaching me about rdm (ironic since i haven't lvled it...yet ;)) I learned about what its like on what mages have to go through.

I think to be considerate in terms of asking how much mp they have if i'm unable to see it (ex; alliance) whenever I'm meleeing or tanking. Sure its fun to bash things and be number crunchers about it, but its less fun not thinking of others who back DDs and Tanks up. Quite frankly I do not want to be on the "do not raise" list after all lol.

@Obliterate. you are quite right as far as RDMs being able to hold hate given the skill. My old CoP static leader is a master at RDM to the point where he was able to even keep up close to my damage whenever he subs /DRK to it and if i'm on War^^ :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 16:53:55
Link | Citer | R

@Raen Lol ^
 Phoenix.Airbag
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-26 16:58:13
Link | Citer | R

B. Begos its my final answer, and i am the 2nd nostradamus btw
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-26 17:09:44
Link | Citer | R

DDs FTW
Where would you be w/o us :D
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-04-26 17:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Airbag said:
B. Begos its my final answer, and i am the 2nd nostradamus btw

Dammit, you made me laugh in front of customers, good job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-26 17:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'm sorry, but due to recent unfortunate events concerning an individual with a Dragonball Z avatar, I will have to ask you to answer the following question:

Fill in the blank: Mithra are the best race ______ of their aesthetic qualities.

A. Because
B. Begos

This isn't an attack on you, so don't worry <_< most of the regulars will get it.
Oh god lol
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-26 17:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Not all DDs are bad XD just sometimes we may get competitive
with all this parseing and u know ..
 Ifrit.Itazura
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-04-26 18:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rustytiger said:
its really a matter of common sense, perspective and consideration.
/nod

This game is most fun when we work together as a team, helping each other to achieve common goals.

Ramuh.Rustytiger said:
Quite frankly I do not want to be on the "do not raise" list after all.
Heheh. Most of the offending DDs just need to be warned and prodded a bit and then they usually do OK with damage mitigation except a few lazy and/or cheap ones who can't be bothered with keeping up Utusemi. It's actually pretty rare to find that one well geared DD who absolutely refuses to cooperate with tanks and healers and insists on sucking up all MP and then some.

In the last six month of so, I had only one: a well geared MNK who by reputation always insisted on /WAR for "better damage". So, predicting he would be all about wanting to see his mega output at an event, I sent /tell's to the healers to let him die if he's sucking up too much MP, and don't bother to raise him until the end--we had more than enough DDs and one less however-well-geared-but-stupid DD won't slow us down much.

Cured him a bit as PLD, but, of course, he MPK'ed himself soon enough. Then, the fight went smoothly until the end.

So, not only is there a "Do not raise!" list, sometimes, there's even a "Just let the fool die!" list. lol.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12