Remember When U ....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ramuh » remember when u ....
remember when u ....
First Page 2
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-04-14 23:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Dont really remember seeing my first 75 player, I probably would have had a heart attack because that was such a god-like level. My very first social ls I quit because I felt inadequate as everybody was too high a lvl at lvl 40, I didnt feel like I could ever belong!

I do remember seeing a lvl 60 rdm hume with the beard in full AF1 and thinking "holy carp thats the most beautiful armor Ive ever seen" and I had to get it.

oh so silly newb days. My char has seen and worn mucho sexier armors since then. Didnt think it'd ever happen though.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-14 23:15:44
Link | Citer | R

The first 75 I saw was the friend who got me started playing in the first place.. I'd already knew a lot about the game and watched him play so none of that ever happened to me..

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 23:16:22
Link | Citer | R

I much preferred the game when I was new at it. Best memories are there.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-14 23:35:00
Link | Citer | R

hmmm...

by the time i'd started, i'd guess well over 90% of players had jobs at 75, so i can't remember any single 75 that made an impression on me.

i do remember the first time i saw the game, my friend beal logged into the game once from Iraq to show it to me. We weren't supposed to game on our internet, so it was a bit of a risk, but i was pretty impressed in any case
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-14 23:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Likewise.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-15 01:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Well I just got my 1st 75 a month and a half ago. When I started playing in Sept of 2009 I never thought I would see 75. Now I am working on another 75 job. All of us new to 75 still look up to you uber players . You guys are the best source of FF11 information I have found. Thanks to everyone who has ever answered a post I put up. And sorry to keep asking you guys for help.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-15 01:22:58
Link | Citer | R

I remember that I had seen the noct armor on someone when I was just a wee newblet, and I decided I had to have it for my rng. But I didn't know how to farm, hadn't bought anything off the jeuno ah (only the bastok one, that's where I started), and decided to scrimp and save up for noct +1 to buy as soon as I hit 30. When I hit 30, I couldn't afford it and I was completely bummed out, just went to my mog and logged off instead of buying the nq gear. I figured to check back later, because I just HAD to have that +1. Wellll.... not 5 minutes after I logged off, my rl friends that I was playing with found a guy with a bazaar selling the whole set for cheaper than the ah. I logged back on and had to take a couple loans out from friends, but I got that noct +1 and was always grateful to the bazaar guy. I held onto it for the longest time, until I decided I needed more room and sold the whole set, bought the nq, crammed it into armor storage, and haven't taken it out since. When I think back to how innocent everything was back then, when my biggest worry was affording noct +1, it makes me smile. I miss the old days.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-04-15 01:45:51
Link | Citer | R

The first 75 I saw was a 75 Drg. It was right outside of Sandy in Ronfaure. It wasn't until weeks later that I saw my first 75 Rdm...
 Ifrit.Keeria
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-04-15 01:56:24
Link | Citer | R

I was walking through Windurst Walls on one of those piers that circle the zone when I saw my first 75. It seemed insane, I felt almost guilty /checking him, just because he seemed on an entirely different plane. I couldn't imagine how awesome he must be.

Nostalgia in this game owns.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-04-15 02:00:50
Link | Citer | R

I remember playing this game back bout 6yrs ago and doing eco war with my first ls.. and thinking damn this ***is fun... and remember also .. even tho looking back i still hate the dunes... but lvling there way back when was exciting, and it was always packed with people.... you really grew up in game with people then, made some close friendships, end game gear was some relic but the stuff to have was ohat, scorp harness, leaping boots, etc...
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-15 02:27:10
Link | Citer | R

I remember when the cap was raised to 75 and 3 days later I saw a bunch of people already at 75 and I thought 'wow they must never log off!'. I was only lvl 15 and thought it would take me forever to get to 75.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-15 02:35:53
Link | Citer | R

I remember when wearing full AF meant you were super *** rad and powerful.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-04-15 02:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The game seemed so huge and expansive then, I remember feeling like it'd be impossible to run out of things to do. It was daunting, but since there was so much to look forward to that it didn't matter. Makes sense that I began to grow bored when I relegated my XI experience to having my *** attached to Alzadaal for all things ToAU.
 Asura.Luelle
Serveur: Asura
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-04-15 02:45:09
Link | Citer | R

I remember seeing a bst for the first time. I thought the mob was chasing him, but then it started attacking the same mob as the guy; I was in awe.
 Garuda.Rafoot
Serveur: Garuda
user: Rafoot
By Garuda.Rafoot 2010-04-15 03:00:48
Link | Citer | R

@Degs
LOL gotta love the days of pt'ing for the paper xp.

I first started this game at the NA launch back in '02 or w/e, and I remember seeing a WAR in AF at one point and thinking "WTF, doubl.. (wow, I seriously just hit tab thinking it was gonna auto-translate Double Attack...) double attack %+?!" That was back in the days of walking into dunes and /sh <job> looking for party! lol
 Leviathan.Scorch
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-04-15 16:46:33
Link | Citer | R

I remember when I first saw Ares body and saw the quest and I read up on it and I was like easy ***...Still no ares.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-15 16:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Here's my FFXI newb blonde moment...

Years ago I installed the game, and while it was installing read the game manual, and about GMs and how they wore red armor and were all badass and stuffs.

Logged in as my lv1 mithra redmage, popped in southern sandy, ran past the AH and saw a RDM in full AF and asked him if he was a GM ; ;
[+]
 Asura.Exodina
user: Exodina
By Asura.Exodina 2010-04-16 01:29:54
Link | Citer | R

When I saw my first 75? Hell, I still remember the very first person I interacted with (Only because he dragged me into my first shell that I stayed with for years). o_O;
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-16 01:53:28
Link | Citer | R

For me it was a 75 BST. I was in the highlands doing pages and attack an NM there by accident.As soon as I noticed I started running screaming for help. All the sudden this chick was next to me and this huge looking spider popped out of nowhere. I shouted while I was running to get out there but the spider made short work of the NM. I was like what the hell just happened. She explained it was her "Pet" and she was a BST. I was like that's cool!!! And I thanked her for saving my ***.
 Cerberus.Ferth
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-16 02:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Heh, when I first started even the JP players weren't 75 yet. But I do remember my very first day playing and seeing dark knight run by with a big black scythe and I didn't even recognize that it was a weapon. "Some guy ran by me... his armor looked like it had a wing coming out one side. oO"
 Siren.Kytio
Serveur: Siren
user: Kytio
By Siren.Kytio 2010-04-16 03:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Way back in 2005 when I made my first character I ended up on Remora. Made a Mithra of Windurst which later got replaced by Kytio on Siren. Anyway, after figuring out how to walk I came upon two people /healing next to each other, I asked something like "what are you doing?" and they replied "come pray with us". I didn't know how to do it so I just walked away after a while. Wierd.
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Psychoticenigma 2010-04-16 03:33:59
Link | Citer | R

My very first 75 I saw was right before I saw my first GM; I was stuck in one spot, and a 75 tried to help me but I couldn't understand what (s)he meant. So I called a GM cuz I had the manual near me and knew what to do, I was drooling over the GM, I was like {Power} {Level} {Can I have it?}
[+]
 Bismarck.Dricent
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-04-17 07:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Can't say I remember seeing my 1st 75 and being impressed. I do remember meeting all the friend I have now. 3 years running and we still all together.
 Cerberus.Lilla
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lilla
By Cerberus.Lilla 2010-04-17 07:58:36
Link | Citer | R

i remember my first time sitting outside Selbina waiting for my first party invite, seeing the shout "GOB TRAIN TO ZONE!",
of course no idea what that ment, or even what a /sh was, then seeing about 6 gobs running thru the gates and eventually killing me and about 7 others, thought to myself, "What am I getting into".
Then eventually being the one training them to the zone killing people XD
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-04-17 08:25:11
Link | Citer | R

I imported the game for the JP release WAY back when i first started, I remember my brother and I finding livecam feeds of AH's on JP websites while the game installed, seeing people /heal. So once we logged in, we found the button to rest, but it didnt do anything! So we both got each of our char's to lv8 WAR by killing bees and worms in gustaberg, then zoning into bastok and running to the mh to replenish our hp when it got low... He had it easy! He started in Bastok Mines, I started in Port Bastok and had no idea they connected, so i had to cross that damn bridge to get my mh :P

We figured out how to use the check command on enemies by the length of JP text it gave us XD

First time i went exploring ended up in dunes around lv9, I died and a JP rdm lv40ish raised me and a friend, we were tripping out when we had such low hp again, 5min later we breathed a sigh of relief... What a couple of nubs :P
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-04-17 08:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Maximustx said:
first started ffxi and u sall your first 75 and was like /drool at there gear then 3 months down the road your the 75 and you run into the same person and like dang it his/her gear is still better then mine and you get upset and stuf and go farm to get the gear then your find out later it was relic XD i rember that the most from my ffxi days lols
happens to me all the time. either its quest gear I cant get because n one wants to do it or yeah relic or relic gear +1 or the ebon frock stuff what I want :(
First Page 2