users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » [FF1] - PSP {Help me out!]
[FF1] - PSP {Help me out!]
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-04-10 17:22:09
Link | Citer | R

I picked this up the other day and am trying it out. I was wondering what you would think the best job combonation would be. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Love Booch

ninja edit. lol totally messed up the title
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-10 17:32:22
Link | Citer | R

If its exactly like the original then war x4 is easiest and best.

Once you get a cure staff, your golden.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 17:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Having played this game and beat it in multiple formats for different systems I can safely say I am an expert at this game. First game I ever played as a kid (was 4 and was the OG nes one) and have probbaly played and beat it at least 25 times. Never gets old.

Your best choice for your first play through is the following 2 job combos

Fighter Monk White mage and Black mage

Fighter Thief White mage Redmage

If you want a bit more of a challenge and really want to enjoy each dungeon the following is my favorite job combo:

Fighter, Thief, Monk or blm, and Redmage

I really perfer thief in the dd slot because later in the game, your characters job classes do not change but they advance to the next fold. The following occurs:

Fighter: Knight (capable of weilding the best sword in game as well as access to whm spells)

Thief: Ninja (capable of using better swords as well as using black magic spells)

Monk: Black belt or master (depending on your version of the game) whats good about this upgrade is his bare fists are the strongest weapons for him at this advanced stage

White mage: White wizard (the advance name is diff in some versions. Capable of using every white magic spell in the game to effectively heal your party. Having one in party at this advance stage is pretty much a must for novices at beating the final boss of the game, Chaos.)

Black mage: Black wizard (the advance name is diff in some versions, clearly this is a reference to the NES version) Capable of being a valuable asset during the water and wind stages of the game as well as the final battle.

Red mage: Red wizard (best at dual classes of magic, this is my personal choice in advance replays of the game for added fun and difficulity because you must balance between which spells to learn as you can only learn 4 per level of magic so I take a look at each spell available for that level of magic and pick which black and which white spells i"ll have him use. Whats great about the advanced version of rdm is he can wear some seriously heavy armor and use some great swords so he can DD very very well)

I hope this helps. Also if you get stuck please don't hesitate to PM me for info, I know this game like the back of my hand with which i masterbate so thats pretty close lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 17:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
If its exactly like the original then war x4 is easiest and best. Once you get a cure staff, your golden.

I believe repeat class if best left for multiple play throughs. On the subject of repeat class on a replay through, try 4x whm for the hardest mode ever lol.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-10 17:41:15
Link | Citer | R

War's get hit for 1 when you get there nice armor early in.
Healing/curing staff, when used as an item during battle is like curaga. You could put some random jobs in the 3rd and 4th slot, but top 2 spots should always be war's. Mobs hit top of your line first normally.

That being said monks can 1 shot any boss with proper buffs.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-10 17:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
If its exactly like the original then war x4 is easiest and best. Once you get a cure staff, your golden.

I believe repeat class if best left for multiple play throughs. On the subject of repeat class on a replay through, try 4x whm for the hardest mode ever lol.

Ya my buddy back in high school beat it on an old NES with 4x whm.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-04-10 17:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Wow thank you that was more informitive and quick then I expected. I went with RDM WAR WAR WAR lol I'll try it out for a bit then see if I should start over. Can you change classes at all in the game?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 17:42:56
Link | Citer | R

True but on the OP's first play through, a balance team is best to fully enjoy the game. The OP I believe doesnt want to just play "easy mode" but wants to enjoy the landmark game that FF1 was and still is to this day regardless of its new reincarnation. Thats the point I was trying to stress.

To OP:

Save same classing for the replay. Its funner that way.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 17:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said:
Wow thank you that was more informitive and quick then I expected. I went with RDM WAR WAR WAR lol I'll try it out for a bit then see if I should start over. Can you change classes at all in the game?

No you can not change classes once you've picked and named your 4. Rdm and 3 war should be pretty easy. Enjoy. Try a balanced team next time, soem armor and items can't be worn by all classes so just npc those for gil towards heavier armor on the wars. I'd balance your rdm out towards blm spells because when you advance and have 3 knights they will be able to cure themselves quite well and blm spells have some nice enfeebles so have your rdm learn them.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-10 17:45:39
Link | Citer | R

No changing classes snooch.
But your character's have a tier they advance. They go from kids to adults i guess. War to knight, monk to master, thief to ninja, blah blah blah for the others.

Whenever you get an item see if you can use it in battle. Can replace a mage knowing which item/weapon gives you what buffs.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-04-10 17:56:51
Link | Citer | R

lol I already like FF1 alot more then 13. Should have gone RDMx4!
 Caitsith.Merlitz
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2010-04-10 18:08:05
Link | Citer | R

any rare items you find and can't equip save till after class upgrade. My first play thru on NES I dropped a boss drop cause no one could equip it (yet >.<)
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2010-04-10 18:52:37
Link | Citer | R

HOLY ***! I'M ON A BOAT!
 Caitsith.Merlitz
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Merlitz
By Caitsith.Merlitz 2010-04-10 19:00:39
Link | Citer | R

go to a port and hold A (X for PSP) and press B (O for PSP) over 50 times to bring up a slider puzzle, winning rewards you with gil, and if I'm not mistaken some items.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2010-04-10 19:06:12
Link | Citer | R

For me I went...

Warrior
Monk
Red Mage
White Mage

Monks you either will love or hate. They take a long time to get up there, but once you do they're a power house.
 Hades.Lumei
Serveur: Hades
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-04-10 19:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Redmage: They can use most the fighter gear + excal.
Theif: They cap out hits really easy and as ninja get some decent magic as well.
Monk: Their base damage eventually caps out the games damage way before everyone else
XXXX: anything you want here. it doesnt matter. the monk and theif will kill anything before it matters anyway and the redmage can deal with anything physical resistant.

Remember melee attacks are based on how many times you attack per round, so make sure you cast haste and sabre on everyone.
 Asura.Despayn
Serveur: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-11 18:06:33
Link | Citer | R

WAR THF WHM BLM

God.

Or go THF THF THF THF if you're a bad enough dude.
 Seraph.Corrderio
Serveur: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-04-12 21:38:12
Link | Citer | R

4 White Mages
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-13 02:39:27