Zam - The Alpha Test Hands On!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » News » Zam - The Alpha Test Hands On!
Zam - The Alpha Test Hands On!
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Maiev
By Odin.Strawberrie 2010-04-07 22:47:40
Link | Citer | R

This time is from Famitsu :) It's got a lot more juicy details. :)

Hope ya guys like it!

http://www.ffxivblog.com/zam-the-alpha-test-hands-on/
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-07 23:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Sweets! I'm even more anxious for 14 now.

The Guildleve system is what I'm looking forward to the most. There's so much potential to actually have fun and go on a variety of 'adventures' with friends as opposed to mindlessly grinding away mobs for xp.

Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-07 23:48:05
Link | Citer | R

"Once your MP is spent, you cannot recover it through resting"

That just ruined the game for me.....guess I'll keep playing ffxi
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-07 23:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Weakened state lasts for 5minutes. Magicians have a ranged attack that does not consume mp. I find that strange
By Lolwut 2010-04-08 00:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

I'd much rather recover MP via the use of abilities, and preserve the flow of battle, rather than having to puncture it by kneeling down and resting in incredibly unsuitable situations for minutes at a time.

Also, I love how, only months ago, the directors were like "Oh no, there won't be any leveling up or experience points in MY Final Fantasy XIV, I assure you!"

Now we find out that not only do you level up, but you have two different kinds of experience points and can level up in two ways simultaneously. Great troll or greatest troll?

[+]
 Sylph.Cerilono
Serveur: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-04-08 00:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Lol you're funny. There is probably a different method to that. They wouldn't just make us keep using MP potions over and over...
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-08 00:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Weakened state lasts for 5minutes. Magicians have a ranged attack that does not consume mp. I find that strange

I find that awesome. Finally mages can do something other than blow through MP...which from the looks of it, they will need that ranged attack a lot..
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-08 00:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Looks good, can't wait to get my hands on the commercial release.

I really have to say, they learned from FFXI and expanded a lot on the equipment menu. It's a lot more detailed instead of Base Attributes + Atk.Def. And Elemental Modification. Very nice indeed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-08 01:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Next thing you know they'll start making weapons rust and you gotta go back and fix it in town...(that was a joke SE) that would make my head explode lol.
That's why you take care of your weapons and wipe the blood of after each battle. And occasionally sharpen then and get the nicks out...
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-04-08 01:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Download all the song at my youtube, i also did the upload for the mangaupload so no worry on any verius or junk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZhhCdFX-Q
 Remora.Lexington
Serveur: Remora
user: Lexington
By Remora.Lexington 2010-04-08 01:27:21
Link | Citer | R

Maybe something like Air Rackets like Garnet and Eiko had in FF9 ? I'm really looking forward to this, thanks for the link Strawberrie :)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-08 01:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
The great thing is SE actually created an MMO for the casual player... this is most interesting :o

Even though I said I couldn't possibly start another MMO this one seems leaning towards better solo play and customizable whatever way you want, but what's weird is the amount of detail such as friggin diet types!?

Next thing you know they'll start making weapons rust and you gotta go back and fix it in town...(that was a joke SE) that would make my head explode lol.

Nothing about an MMO is for a casual gamer. There are people 10,000x more hardcore about *** farmville than any FFXI player I've ever heard of. Even though that's a "Casual".

Essentially, what they seem to be trying to do, is making time have a decreasing return. In other words, time->reward scaling isn't linear like say in FFXI (Sort of).

Player A spends 2hours a day in game and accomplishes 100% (Base line)

Player B spends 4 hours a day in game and Accomplishes 150%

Player C Spends 8 hours a day in game and Accomplishes 200%

And so on. Making it easier for people with less time to accomplish something, but not cheapening the rewards entirely for those who don't have a day or two to burn. A perfect example of this is Odin V. Kings. For about 2-3 hours a week (Depending on gather time and what not) you can accomplish what a lot of people take 3 hours a day to do. However there are more opportunities for king abjs than Einherjar abjurations, meaning kings campers (luck willing) Can get theirs faster.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-08 01:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the peek!!!
 Phoenix.Avelle
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-04-08 02:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Oh noes they changed something, welp I guess I won't even give the game a try now! /sarcasm
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-04-08 16:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Oh noes they changed something, welp I guess I won't even give the game a try now! /sarcasm
I've never been a mage-type person, but even I stopped dead when I read that. There's got to be more to it, and it's ridiculous that they didn't elaborate on how you do recover MP.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-08 16:35:07
Link | Citer | R

I honestly don't like the way it looks sofar.

I'll deff give it a go though.
 Odin.Suotuo
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2010-04-08 17:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Whats weird that no one talked about is that you now have 3000 tp maybe they sacrifice tp for mp.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-04-08 17:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Avelle said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Lol, SE makes something different and people go crazy.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-04-08 17:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I like the idea of not resting for MP ^^ I hate sitting around doing "nothing" if that makes sense lol..rather use an ability or potion (Like in L2) and keep goin~ :D
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Serveur: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-04-08 17:38:02
Link | Citer | R

"FFXIV will have a seamless transition between areas that requires no loading time."

Nice but having a zone to save my *** is always handy.

"In FFXIV, what most MMO players know as "levels" will be the character's "Physical Level." Points you accumulate in battle can be freely spent on HP/MP, physical strength, intelligence or a variety of other parameters."

Sounds kinda like what they did in White Knight Chronicles...
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-04-08 17:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Not resting for MP is interesting. What most players don't realize is that forced downtime in the form of MP regen, etc, in between battles is actually a pre-designed mechanic.

Basically, designers pre-build in a certain amount of downtime where the only thing you can do is sit there and chat with the players in your group. Why? Because there's a chance of forming a friendship or other social bond that way, which persists beyond the lifetime of the group itself.

More social bonds = less chance the player will quit. So I'm assuming that there has to be forced downtime of some sort, even if they disguise it better and not so in-your-face as "now sit here for 10 minutes and mana regen."
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-08 17:39:15
Link | Citer | R

As long as the ethers (or w/e) are easy to get, I'd prefer having to use them than resting.

They'd need to limit use though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-08 17:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Not resting for MP is interesting. What most players don't realize is that forced downtime in the form of MP regen, etc, in between battles is actually a pre-designed mechanic.

Basically, designers pre-build in a certain amount of downtime where the only thing you can do is sit there and chat with the players in your group. Why? Because there's a chance of forming a friendship or other social bond that way, which persists beyond the lifetime of the group itself.

More social bonds = less chance the player will quit. So I'm assuming that there has to be forced downtime of some sort, even if they disguise it better and not so in-your-face as "now sit here for 10 minutes and mana regen."

And it works, I've made some great friends whilst resting and just talking nonsense.
 Siren.Pleasureland
user: Narayan
By Siren.Pleasureland 2010-04-08 17:58:02
Link | Citer | R

They comment on weakened state but not exp loss.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-08 19:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Pleasureland said:
They comment on weakened state but not exp loss.

That's good to hear at least @_@
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-08 20:08:35
Link | Citer | R

I like what I've seen of the game so far. (didn't look at the link in the OP, but I've already read the alpha manual)