Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » speculation, need some assistance
speculation, need some assistance
 Ragnarok.Alsarius
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Messymaru
By Ragnarok.Alsarius 2008-01-30 10:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Just sharing something i have noticed recently happening in our server guys. There seems to be some AH price manipulation going on with some key gil making items on the AH by a group of 12 or so characters.

I need your help in checking whether my assumptions are purely imaginary and have no basis whatsoever or there really is something fishy going on in the AH lately.

Items that i have noticed being manipulated:
scroll of Utsusemi: Ni
elemental torque
fuma sune-ate
assault earring
woodsman ring
brown belt
scouter's rope
sniper's ring
elusive earring
flame ring
melody earring +1
merman's earring

If you check the above mentioned items price history, you may notice that certain players are cycling the items around. I wont post the names here since i dont think i have the right to (and that i only have speculations regarding the matter).

Oh and i talked to a gm about this just a few minutes before posting this, he told me to email my concerns to the special task force group and that using third party software (ffxiah.com) is not a valid basis for reporting RMT activity.

oh and the rmt made sure to overwrite the previous prices of these items by buying and selling the items to themselves (or so it seems).

If ever you think my theory is false or is based on nothing substantial, i hope that you can supply a rational explanation as to why you think so, I would love to hear it. The only thing i wish for by posting this is that people are made aware of the drastic price drops with these items, that they do not panic and start selling items in fear of the item's value dropping in price so fast, and that they thoroughly inspect and check items before purchasing them.
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2008-01-30 11:05:50
Link | Citer | R

no its defiantly true, someone in my ls posted on our forum about this 2 days ago, thanks to tools like ffxiah, its easy to pick these guys out (hello mr buying 2 rare assault earrings). I don't think theres much we can really do thought aside from sending a special report D: (useless) but for anyone interested the link is

https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-01-31 02:07:06
Link | Citer | R

As a woodworker, I've watched the prices of Holy/Blind/Sleep/Acid Bolt Quivers and Scorpion quivers go down a considerable amount--the bolts from 20k down to 10k now, and the Scorp quivers from 30k down to 16k now. It's freakin. ANNOYING.
 Ragnarok.Saeryn
user: Saeryn
By Ragnarok.Saeryn 2008-01-31 12:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Anye, I feel ya, arrowheads have been taking a DIVE lately, too. Wanna buy some demon arrowheads? I've relisted them 3 times now o.<
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-02-02 11:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Lol!!! Sure^^ \o/ I'm still Woodworking 59, those are Woodworking 69^^; But I'll pay ya back = ) Blind's been spamming my Dbox with about 8+ stacks of Scorpion Arrowheads... Great lot of good that does me now, at 16k/stack of Scorp Quivers D: EFFING GSes!!!!!!!
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-02-03 20:06:12
Link | Citer | R

Hehehehehe More Scorpion Arrowheads for Anye's dbox :)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-02-03 22:16:00
Link | Citer | R

I know--I just got like, one full stack, then a stack of 9 arrowheads. T.T STOP IT ALREADY *sobs*