Game: FFXI
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-03-18 09:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
its funny when people put their e-marriages in their Bazaar comments like people give a ***if their lives are so pathetic that they have to resort to e-weddings lol

What's really funny is that getting married in XI is a much more complicated process than getting married irl. My girlfriend and I were going to do it, but got annoyed and put off at all the bs you have to do.
o.o

at least you can divorce the *** with the push of a button

Yes, that is alot easier in XI thankfully. My divorce irl was a drawn out, overly complicated mess. If I were to compare a real divorce to anything in FFXI it would be like Einherjar. She is Odin and all the mobs are her friends and family that have always secretly hated you. Except you aren't allowed to hit them, and if you do, you get warped to jail. And you can't do anything but sit there and watch everything fail and fall apart. And when the time limit is over, all of your ***is gone. And instead of a merciful time limit of 30 minutes, it takes 2 years. And then Odin becomes a man hating alcoholic lesbian. Not the fake lesbians you see online that are hot. The kind that cut there hair in a fauxhawk, gain 70 lbs and smell like BO and cheap booze. Yeah, that all sounds about right.

HAHAHA, that is awesome! Not your experience, mind you, but your description of it, lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
its funny when people put their e-marriages in their Bazaar comments like people give a ***if their lives are so pathetic that they have to resort to e-weddings lol

What's really funny is that getting married in XI is a much more complicated process than getting married irl. My girlfriend and I were going to do it, but got annoyed and put off at all the bs you have to do.
o.o

at least you can divorce the *** with the push of a button

Yes, that is alot easier in XI thankfully. My divorce irl was a drawn out, overly complicated mess. If I were to compare a real divorce to anything in FFXI it would be like Einherjar. She is Odin and all the mobs are her friends and family that have always secretly hated you. Except you aren't allowed to hit them, and if you do, you get warped to jail. And you can't do anything but sit there and watch everything fail and fall apart. And when the time limit is over, all of your ***is gone. And instead of a merciful time limit of 30 minutes, it takes 2 years. And then Odin becomes a man hating alcoholic lesbian. Not the fake lesbians you see online that are hot. The kind that cut there hair in a fauxhawk, gain 70 lbs and smell like BO and cheap booze. Yeah, that all sounds about right.
damn, thats why I'm not getting married
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-03-18 09:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
On an interview I read somewhere that someone did to a bunch of JP people, they reported that it was actually "/em stares fixedly at ******" and they found it rather rude.

Yeah I knew it was something like that...
just couldn't remember the exact phrase
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 09:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry, KFH. You'll find the right man, someday.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Don't worry, KFH. Its better to make millions of dollars and *** random hotties than settle down with one life-sucking ***

I totally agree
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-18 09:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Abunaii said:
Kill yourself.

NO U!
By Tirantus 2010-03-18 09:56:18
Link | Citer | R

I never understood the /check freak out. I attribute it to people not being able to draw a line between reality and a video game. I don't care if ppl check me. Its not like they are physically staring at me, that would be creepy. Its not like they are rummaging through my wallet or cell phone. So listen to all you rate /checked people (especially you JP players!), "Final Fantasy XI....is not....real."
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:58:10
Link | Citer | R

I like putting random/sexist/racist/funny comments in my Bazaar comment because I know I would be checked 1000+ times lol, plus my name alone gets a lol reaction
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
Serveur: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2010-03-18 10:04:04
Link | Citer | R

I just put my jobs and crafts on my bazaar comments. I also write some of current News, Political threads, some video links, excerpts from my daily journal, some MPK suggestions, Stock market winners/loosers and a few jokes. They are all up on my bazaar message and all the /blist ppl from this server (all the time)
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-18 10:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I have 'Roses are red, violets are blues, all my heart are belong to Rues' in my bazaar comment at the moment. Rues and I are not married in game, we are married in rl. If you don't like it, I frankly don't give a flying rat's ***. But try not to assume that every single person with a mushy-gushy love note in their comment is in an e-relationship, k?

Edit: I do agree with you to an extent, though, I hate it when couples are all lovey-dovey gross in-game or have huge flowery heart obsessed bazaar comments. PDA is gross ._. Sometimes Rues and I will /dance1 or /grin at each other, and that's as far as that goes. I used to be in a dyna ls with a couple who would /emote kiss and /cuddle during dyna, and I wanted to kill them both. Get a room!

OH! And I like to change my bazaar comment up every once in awhile, so if you have any suggestions for what to put in it, tell me! If I like it, I'll put it up and put you as the 'author.'
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 10:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I have 'Roses are red, violets are blues, all my heart are belong to Rues' in my bazaar comment at the moment. Rues and I are not married in game, we are married in rl. If you don't like it, I frankly don't give a flying rat's ***. But try not to assume that every single person with a mushy-gushy love note in their comment is in an e-relationship, k?
I'll stop assuming that when people stop putting it in their comments for the world to see.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-18 10:13:01
Link | Citer | R

I put Maats cap=Virgin image

Virgin Stamp no thanks. That gets a lot of examines.
 Lakshmi.Holman
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-18 10:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
I put Maats cap=Virgin image

Virgin Stamp no thanks. That gets a lot of examines.

One time I checked a maats cap player and he had "maats cap is for losers" in his comment section. Strange.
Not all are losers, but majority rules.
By Araselo 2010-03-18 10:34:09
Link | Citer | R

I was told that when you /check a JP player it translates to something like "xperson stares at you..." Not sure if that is true or not, but it could be the reason why you see JP blink, or send nasty tells in Japanese and so on. XD
 Seraph.Dreakon
Serveur: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 11:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Araselo said:
I was told that when you /check a JP player it translates to something like "xperson stares at you..." Not sure if that is true or not, but it could be the reason why you see JP blink, or send nasty tells in Japanese and so on. XD

Even if it said "xperson wants to *** your mother sideways" it shouldn't matter. 8 years later they should know what a person is doing when they see it. The fact that someone gets pissy about it just shows they are stuck up whiney ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jabblets
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jabblets
By Fenrir.Jabblets 2010-03-18 12:22:54
Link | Citer | R

They can send all the nasty tells they want but I ain't gonna have a clue what they are saying.

The only reason I would get freaked out by someone /checking me is if they were casing my account for hacking....but the chances of that are very slim since my gear is crap lol
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-03-18 12:42:44
Link | Citer | R

WEll, I like to check peoples gearz etc an if its a JPONRY who freaks out or /slaps me or w/e it just makes me spam check them and if necessary chase them through the streets of whitegate in my subligar >.>
 Ragnarok.Sunrider
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sunrider
By Ragnarok.Sunrider 2010-03-18 12:52:58
Link | Citer | R

S-E *** up by not defaulting /check messages to filter. They *** up before that by even programming a /check message that is well-known to be rude in Japanese.

It's strange, really, being Japanese developers, there's no way they could feign ignorance, they had to know the connotations behind they check message they used. It's almost as if they'd intended to cause ill will with a blatantly rude message.

But chat filters being what they are, I have absolutely no pity for people who dislike being checked. If it bothers you so much, filter it. If you don't, then bend over and take it like a good little hoo-er.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 12:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
WEll, I like to check peoples gearz etc an if its a JPONRY who freaks out or /slaps me or w/e it just makes me spam check them and if necessary chase them through the streets of whitegate in my subligar >.>
I approve of this method!
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-18 13:15:32
Link | Citer | R

I love being checked ;o lawl. I usually just /blush at the people who check me so THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME D:
[+]
 Asura.Braego
Serveur: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-03-18 13:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
I love being checked ;o lawl. I usually just /blush at the people who check me so THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME D:

Weird... I've checked you before and you freaked out in /sh... lol

I can't help but check! :P
[+]
By Varistor 2010-03-18 13:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
lol I don't mind the /checks as much as I do the "zomg where did you get that gear" cause then i actually have to respond or I look like a douche. Then I get the occasional tard "where does usu gear come from?"

I get checks all the time when I am wearing Naglering all the time and asked where i got it. I am always glad to tell people where i got stuff to help them out. You know Vegetto, we were all Tards at one time when we started this game. nobody knows everything and it's too bad people forget that no one started the game knowing everything. Not everyone has access to wiki and it is just easier to ask the person that got it where they got it. i feel honoured that people ar4 curious to see what i am wearing and ask me what it is or check the augments etc.. :)
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-18 13:37:06
Link | Citer | R

It's not just FF11. Every game that allows people to inspect someone else's gear without permission, all the way back to the Everquest and Ultima Online days, has had this problem and the people who complain about it.

The underlying problem seems to be a cultural one, or the checked persons' assumptions about the motivation of the checker. Some people don't like to be constantly reminded that people are e-peen comparing gear with them 24/7.

Some people might be self-conscious they don't have a certain "must have" item, and see the check as a precursor to an argument or judgment. Other people might just want to enjoy the game for more than 5 minutes without being reminded it's all about the gear.

I know a lot of Japanese players who see constant checking as a reminder that Western players see the game as a race to personal gear-driven l33tness than a game about group accomplishment through teamwork and skill. They get annoyed the same way you would be annoyed in real life if someone asked how much you make and what kind of car you drive the moment they meet you at a party for the first time. I can understand that too.

Point being: people play this game in different ways, with different goals. For some people, they play for gear and l33tness and so /checking is the primary mechanic that governs their experience. Other people see it as an intrusion. Both people are right, and bitching about people who *** when you check them is, itself, just as bitchy.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 13:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Varistor said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
lol I don't mind the /checks as much as I do the "zomg where did you get that gear" cause then i actually have to respond or I look like a douche. Then I get the occasional tard "where does usu gear come from?"

I get checks all the time when I am wearing Naglering all the time and asked where i got it. I am always glad to tell people where i got stuff to help them out. You know Vegetto, we were all Tards at one time when we started this game. nobody knows everything and it's too bad people forget that no one started the game knowing everything. Not everyone has access to wiki and it is just easier to ask the person that got it where they got it. i feel honoured that people ar4 curious to see what i am wearing and ask me what it is or check the augments etc.. :)
If I'm walking around gustaburg or jeuno, sure, but when I'm standing outside of nyzul isle, and ppl there are asking me where usu comes from, really?
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-18 13:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Assuming nothing goes beyond a basic /check, I sometimes wonder how many people know that the chat log for being checked can be filtered.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-18 13:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
when I'm standing outside of nyzul isle, and ppl there are asking me where usu comes from, really?

So what do you think those people are? Retards? They are just some people who don't know about every aspect of the game and will never have time to really do them. I'm sure for a lot of people just know Salvage is someplace where you can get some great gears, that's about it.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 13:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Liquidz said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
when I'm standing outside of nyzul isle, and ppl there are asking me where usu comes from, really?

So what do you think those people are? Retards? They are just some people who don't know about every aspect of the game and will never have time to really do them. I'm sure for a lot of people just know Salvage is someplace where you can get some great gears, that's about it.

I would think they aren't too knowledgeable of the game, and that'd be an understatement.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-03-18 13:56:44
Link | Citer | R

I rarely /check anyone to see their gear, just use it to check what they're selling in their bazaar. Or if they're really slow in the head/don't know what a seacom is/don't know what a wind crystal does/etc, to check if they bought their character and/or gil.

It is kind of annoying though, ya'know, since there are those random players that will /check everyone who comes into their view.

I'm sure you have had the same experiences such as (when you have no bazaar up, mind you):
*Just zoning out and seeing that you were examined before you finished loading.
*Running somewhere minding your own business where someone who is running in your direction will examine you. And examine you again if they happen to pass you again.
*Window shopping those expensive items on AH, day dreaming how awesome it would be to have those HQ's, and being examined by a random person.
*Being examined more than six times by the same player in your party or if it's a linkshell party, they'll all examine you and probably talk behind your back in linkshell chat! D:

Now, I don't mind being examined if someone is curious about my gear setup or bazaar comment, what I do mind is the players that will examine when there's just no reason to other then because they can.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 13:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Turn your filter on then. Ppl won't stop checking you just because you want them too. If the message bothers you that bad, you can block it, ect.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13