Game: FFXI
user: Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2010-04-28 12:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Asura.Projekt said:
Stun(also left to Rdms or Schs)
RDM and SCH get stun now?
/Drk, cmon' guy don't be silly. Rdm doesn't need /blm to land any debuffs. My Rdm only has 2/5 Earth magic Acc and I can land Slow on Khim/Cerb ~1/5 spell casts lol.

Edit: Not to mention, not having Slow2 yet lol.
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
I would like to do more dmg I guess... I don't know what your gear looks like but w/o using souleater my DRK does pretty good ws. In a merit party with a brd and cor my DRK does 1100~1400 on mamools. With spikes of 1700 or so. Using souleater I did a 2500. Wonder what I would do with an Apoc... /drooool I don't have OMGgear but decent. Hecatomb body/feet AF 1. Maybe you should look at your gear. The dmg portion of DRK isn't flawed only the ability to fully utilize it's magic. Abs-Haste I say! more haste would be hot. Some form of MP regenration would be sweet. That would let me use my spells more often. Sure a rdm can refresh you etc but thats MP overtime. Some form of insta-MP recovery would be cool. (Other than Aspir)

Like others have said, I think you're over exagerating or just taking the few times Guillo decided to kick in some double attacks. I usually get Marchx2/Chaos, Cor rolls for my parties. At Mamools I use Pizza+1, and at Birds I don't use any food cause I don't feel like putting any effort in for Bird merit parties, so I get lazy.

This is my Guillo gear:

Don't mind the Fierce belt, I like wearing it cause of the name at the moment. And that's Ultimatum with DMG105, Almost finished with Vengance, Verthandi isn't putting out.

Also, 6/8 Scythe merits, 5/5 LR Recast/Effect
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-28 13:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
It would be cool, if scythes changed to piercing damage, instead of slashing.

No, it would be cool if the new exp mobs were weak to slashing. Its final fantasy 11, not Piercing fantasy 11.

My new magic hopes and wishes:
1. Leave Bloodweapon alone. Work harder for a zerg weapon if you dont like it. God forbid that a job has an extremly powerful 2hr that you need to gear for. Thats what sets good and mediocre drks apart.

2. Reduce casting times for drain/aspir and dread spikes to .5 like flash and reprisal.

3. Add a 5 min recast magic spell similar to bloodweapon, but make it only available to 2 handed weapons like hasso and seigan. Even if it was similar to SA where it only works on the next hit, even if that hit is a WS. Dont have to add damage, just heal self at cost of no enmity.

4. Add a spell to shed hate like Hide, High jump or accomplice. Not an instant cast, but similar to drains recast.

5. Add an enspell like enDark or give drk native rdm enspells.

6. Add an ATT modifier to drain. More ATT, more hp drained.

7. Add a party cast version of Dread spikes. Similar to RDM's phalanx and phalanx 2. Adds a great pt buff to drk. Would make them VERY desirable. Still stays with drks EMO facet, but makes them a team player.

8. Add a very heavy blind spell similar to flash, but also does magic damage. Base damage on INT.

9. Add an oshit defense buff. Third eye that acts like dread spikes but on a long timer. Possibly 5 mins. Uses MP on a .5 sec cast.

10. Change Absorb-stat spells to be imbued like en-spells. .5 sec cast, gain the absorbed stat upon hitting the mob the first time. Make the effect like pre-60 TA. If you miss, you lose it. This would make absorbs spells worth the cast.

IMHO.... Drk = /fixed and not overpowered. Drk is really really good at getting itself killed really fast. It needs new abilities and spells to help its survivability and make it more of a team player rather than -> OMG SOULEATER LAST RESORT WS for 1800 WHY DIDNT YOU CURE ME

[+]
 Bismarck.Juris
Serveur: Bismarck
user: KatOtaku
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-04-28 13:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Give us a new two hour. (Maybe a rage-ish move without the loss of control.) Make blood weapon a JA and give it same active and cool down time as souleater.

New multi-hit WS that can self SC a lvl 3 dark with guillotine. (Remember /sam getting sekkaonki!)

I would then be happy.

Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-04-28 13:52:51
Link | Citer | R

DRK needs a multihit Crit WS... Insurgency is a shame.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-04-28 13:54:47
Link | Citer | R

i swore i said something almost exactly like that fosgate. but tbh, i think zerging crap down is kinda cheap and not what the developers intended drk to be played as. imo give drk a new 2hr ability and made bloodweapon a job trait. give the new 2hr ability something like, it takes ur current def and adds it to attack, and instant absorb all from the mob with a 15% haste :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-04-28 13:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
whats ur average insurgency (unbuffed) ?
 Bismarck.Juris
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-04-28 13:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Sounds good to me Volkom!
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-28 13:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
whats ur average insurgency (unbuffed) ?

Insurgency = Guillotine - 10% (ish)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-28 14:03:14
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather DRK get a WS with DMG varies with TP instead of Critical.

Edit: That doesn't suck like Insurgency.
 Caitsith.Xiong
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2010-04-28 14:04:01
Link | Citer | R

You guys do realize if Blood weapon was a JA like Last Resort. DRK in turn would be overpowered.

Its as Fosgate said in statement #1.

I'm not going against it, ***it'd be awesome for me. Just look at my zerg build. But it would in turn be overpowering.
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-04-28 14:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Insurgency = Guillotine - 10% (ish)

It's a shame cause it looks so pretty :(
 Bismarck.Juris
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-04-28 14:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Overpowered like SAM? Or overpowered period?

Both fine with me. But, I understand.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-28 14:08:14
Link | Citer | R

If they just increased duration of Last Resort to that of Berserk, DRK would be pretty much godmoding it in pts.
 Bismarck.Juris
By Bismarck.Juris 2010-04-28 14:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Or just allowed us to merit its duration....
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-28 15:19:21
Link | Citer | R

I do agree, BW zerging was not what SE intended for darks to do, but think about it. An auction house dark could do buy an M.kris or a K.club and get destroyed by an AF Monk using hundred fists and a purple belt.

The REAL power of the 2hr is how you gear it and the support you have around it. This really does add to the point though that Drk's 2hr isnt practical for the average player.

But damm. How long has this game been out? I like being able to use a job to its highest potential that a small fraction of players ever really get to. I mean come on.... if you want a "Hot out the box" Job, play SAM. You can mash a few macros in your af with a Hagun and angels rejoice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-04-28 15:43:42
Link | Citer | R

The real power behind drk isn't about its JA's or 2hr.
its about the damage dealing potential.
They way I see things in terms how jobs were meant to be played
warriors = off tank to help pld in emergency and DD
whitemage = keep everyone alive (duh)
samurai = skillchain like a mofo and to skillchain with others

blackmage = nuke and MB off skillchains for more damage
darknights = hardest hitting DD in terms of melee dmg (not ws)
etc etc. So to me idc if ur doing epeen ws #'s
if u have a really high melee dmg output(with good acc) but not taking hate, then i think ur doing the job correctly.
I've seen many samurai that don't really know how to do their job correctly. sure they're doing 1k+ gekkos and crap, but if they actually skillchained off other members while doing that 1k+ ws they significantly increase the damage and also open up MB chances for nukers. Thats just my opinion.

oh and all that blah blah blah that was said above about changing abilities and adding enspells and that like.
I think it would be awesome if drk's got a direct damage nuke like Thunder III but it was complete dark magic and was based off dark magic. that would be sweet for drk's MBing off skillchains too
 Leviathan.Mikeh
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Mikeh
By Leviathan.Mikeh 2010-04-28 15:50:15
Link | Citer | R

wat
 Remora.Brain
Serveur: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 21:13:43
Link | Citer | R

DRK is actually pretty weak if you aren't allowed to abuse SE, and relies heavily on subjob for power.

Its native JAs are pretty shitty unless you either have a lot of mp to blow, or have max haste.

SE eats too much mp.

LR is good but with merit style buffs is redundant and without merit buffs, is just ***compared to berserk.

DE is a weaker, unmeritable Aggressor with a 10% hp cost.

Guillotine is like a middle of the road WS compared to something like RR, Penta, King's Jutice, Drakesbane, hell even Skewer.

Now I love DRK, or I wouldn't have gotten my Apocalypse, but you need to know its strengths and its weaknesses.

If SE wanted to make Dark Magic more viable, they'd make Absorbs last about as long as haste, or at least refresh, and NOT decay over time. Boom, fixed Absorbs.

Add MAB1 and tier 3 spells, and tier 4s now that the cap is going to be 99 and tier 3 will be as pathetic as tier 2s are now, and you've fixed the elemental magic and brought life to that piece of ***that is Abyss Cuirass.

DRK won't get RDMs enspells, but endark is more likely than you'd think since enhancing type magic that uses the dark element, hi2u Dread Spikes, become Dark Magic.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 21:18:06
Link | Citer | R

I agree with all that you say except from this point
Quote:
Guillotine is like a middle of the road WS compared to something like RR, Penta, King's Jutice, Drakesbane, hell even Skewer.

I think you're underrating Guillotine a bit. I'd say it's on par with KJ and RR ~ ish. Worse than Penta/Drakes.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-29 21:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I think you're underrating Guillotine a bit. I'd say it's on par with KJ and RR ~ ish. Worse than Penta/Drakes.

Guillotine is better than Penta and Drakesban, but those weapon skills give the illusion of superiority because the current base for all testing is a monster weak to piercing. While Guillotine will never Spike (Without souleater) as high as any of those weapon skills, it's a very consistant and very powerful weapon skill. Much stronger than even Catastrophe, of course, that's before you consider aftermath rape, which can embarrass even a KC Slug ranger if geared appropriately.

(*)-> Everything tends to be player-dependent however, It's possible all the Dragoon's I've seen just plain up suck, which isn't outside the realm of possibility.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 21:43:21
Link | Citer | R

There's no contest between KJ and Guillotine.

Assuming all hits land for simplicity:

Guillotine
fTP: 3.875 (Not counting Gorgets)
WSC: 25%STR, 25%MND

King's Justice:
fTP: 4.0
WSC: 50%STR

Not only that but KJ has great SC positioning.

RR is closer to Guillotine's level but it being able to crit means it can just crush Guillotine's damage at times. It usually averages out to a bit more.

Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 21:45:01
Link | Citer | R

KJ is 3 hits @ 1.0fTP on the first, so total fTP of 3!

Penta has 5 total fTP with 20%STR/DEX as mods so I'd say this clearly beats Gullo, as does Drake. I agree that perception is skewed because of pink birdies though...
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 21:47:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

Guillotine is better than Penta and Drakesban, but those weapon skills give the illusion of superiority because the current base for all testing is a monster weak to piercing. While Guillotine will never Spike (Without souleater) as high as any of those weapon skills, it's a very consistant and very powerful weapon skill. Much stronger than even Catastrophe, of course, that's before you consider aftermath rape, which can embarrass even a KC Slug ranger if geared appropriately.

Wut?

Again:

Guillotine:
fTP: 3.875
WCS: 25%STR 25%MND

Penta Thrust:
fTP: 5.0
WSC: 20%STR 20%DEX

Drakesbane:
fTP: 4.0
WSC: 50%STR
TP affect Critical hit rate.

Those absolutely crush Guillotine in potential.

EDIT: You're right, I did mess up on KJ's fTP, but with a 3.0 on a WS with 50% STR Mod, it should still outdo Guillotine.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-29 21:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Are your observations also tanking into account that Warrior Has Berserk and +10%(Before merits)Double Attack rate? If you isolate just the Weapon skill itself from all other variables, you might find yourself with completely different results
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-29 21:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Math is a good starting point, but try practical observations against an unbiased testing base. (Not birds).

Players are discovering new game mechanics and amending misinterpretations on a daily basis. Quoting Wikipedia means less than nothing.

{*}->Just cause lolinternet, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I consistently come up with different results than what your logic based on the math is showing. There are too many random variables in this game to say pretty much anything with Absolute Certainty.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-04-29 22:08:26
Link | Citer | R

sub job does make the main job . I remember when SE changed Scythe and GS SC properties to 'encourage' DRKs to 'pick up thier Scythes again' . personally i think SCs and MBs have just about been forgotten about save for the HNM sitch . I think SE needs to do something about the SC/MB system to make it more useful and beneficial .
An example of this would be like If you MB Drain it would recieve a bonus like Drain2 where it would raise Max HP temporarily AND could be stacked with Drain2 , again if Drain2 could be MB'd . this would open another strat of performing 2 Darkness SCs to jack up DRK HP for an even more insane HP build making Souleater Zerg just that much crazier .
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 22:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Those absolutely crush Guillotine in potential.

I agree entirely, I acknowledged such.
Quote:
You're right, I did mess up on KJ's fTP, but with a 3.0 on a WS with 50% STR Mod, it should still outdo Guillotine.

50% STR => 25% STR 25% MND isn't that much of a difference honestly.

Say you have 130 STR and 70 MND (WAR and DRK WS gear is practically identical and so is their accuracy, more or less: anywhere WAR can field full offensive STR gear, so can DRK);

130STR, 70MND on Guillotine = 41 WSC
130STR on KJ = 53 WSC

146 * 3.875 = 565.75
158 * 3 = 474

Both figures without pdif etc added in.

To equate them in this scenario, 158x = 565.75. x is therefore 565.75/158 = 3.58~ so KJ in terms of raw damage is a good 0.5 fTP behind.
Quote:
Are your observations also tanking into account that Warrior Has Berserk and +10%(Before merits)Double Attack rate? If you isolate just the Weapon skill itself from all other variables, you might find yourself with completely different results

No, and you are right to point it out. I am not taking the job into too much consideration because it relies on MANY factors. WAR will have a static +10% Double Attack advantage over DRK/SAM (its highest DD sub) so in reality KJ will outperform Guillotine slightly - though I retain my opinion that they are roughly on par.

Penta and Drakes will probably appear a lot weaker than those other weaponskills because of the relative difficulty in gearing for these weaponskills compared to others (mainly because DRG has awkward WS gear access - DRK/WAR's etcis a lot more comfortable, plus the Hauby line).
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 22:15:20
Link | Citer | R

I was looking at the WS itself, seeing as the Berserk and DA can be subbed, barring the merits and the fact you should be /SAM for DDing, so we were looking at WSs stats specifically.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-29 22:15:29
Link | Citer | R

I suppose I bit myself on the *** a lil, I completely forgot how much different DRK and DRG's equipment selections can be, that can definitely produce drastic differences. Not even counting the 34 attack difference in Job Trait alone. Derp.

I think if Dragoon got Adaman Hauberk, Drakes'bane would cause the universe to collapse into a singularity.(Again)
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 23:26:44
Link | Citer | R

My numbers look closer to 130/50 STR/MND than 130/70, but I'm hume.

130STR comes out to 26 base damage with a 25%mod.
50MND turns into 9 base damage.

So 35 base damage from WSC

130STR is 53 base damage for KJ.

128*3.975 = 508.8

149*3.1 = 461.9

Just to be a bit more accurate.

And I guss it is on par till jobs come into the picture.