Nereid Rings VS Allure Rings For Wind Based Debuffs

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Nereid rings VS Allure rings for wind based debuffs
Nereid rings VS Allure rings for wind based debuffs
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-13 06:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering if it's worth using my Allure rings over my Nereid rings when I'm debuffing with a wind instrument?

I'd heard that:

Macc = 1.0
Wind skill = 0.9
Chr = 0.3

Before, but I'm just wondering if it would be acceptable to full time in my Nereids whilst debuffing with wind based instruments.

Thanks.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-13 06:57:22
Link | Citer | R

I should probably mention I'm level 55, and I've got

56+33 chr through my gear and Nereids atm.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-13 07:48:53
Link | Citer | R

NOt really sure where you get those numbers. Usually it's either 1 or .5 stat to 1 macc/acc. Cept 2hrs with dex. Though don't think I've seen any seriuos hard core testting with stats/macc/skill and hit rate for brd spells

Either way I know which one is cheaper, Nereids. Really cheap in fact because *** keep undercutting it till with returns it's better to NPC... and T0 HQ that people want, and have seen some chr and/or macc augments on it too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-13 07:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Use the notion that Macc = 1, Skill = .9, and CHR = .5 to determine how much any given piece of gear contributes to resist rates. For example, Marduk's Jubbah gives CHR+12, so it gets a '6.' Royale Redingote with 'Macc+4' has a total of 4+2.5 (from the CHR+5), so it gets a '6.5.' Shadow Coat has Macc+10 on it, so it gets a 10. Choral Jaustacorps +1 has CHR+10 and String Skill +6, so its value is '10.4.' Final example, Nereid ring has Skill +3, so it gets a '2.7' which compares to Heaven's Ring which only has a '2.5.' So, when building a resist set, try to use the pieces that have the highest value in each slot. I will talk later about a 500/100 model for building working resist sets.

Taken from: Here

But since it's wiki, who knows if its correct.
 Remora.Laphine
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-13 08:01:39
Link | Citer | R

not worth imo, if you dont have omega or balrhan' ring i guess those are the next best option.

Also for the numbers i use a int macc analogy. Dont think its proved to be this way, but it makes sense to be analogous anyway.
So:
if your char - target char <= 10 you get 1 macc for each char point.
If your char - target char > 10 you get 0.5 macc for each char point.

Lakshmi.Ezzelin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ezzelin
By Lakshmi.Ezzelin 2010-04-05 12:13:36
Link | Citer | R

In my early days, we didn't have Nereid Rings. No seriously. You'll use Nereid Rings your whole bard career, at least for marches. I own a Heavens Ring, but it just sits in my mog safe collecting dust.

Altering Zanno's example from wiki (which is a misreading of the original Macc testing):
1 Macc = 1 Skill, but CHR can be either 1 Macc or .5 MAcc

So!
Jubbah: at worst 6macc, at best 12macc
Redingote with M.Acc: at worst 6.5macc, at best 9macc
Shadow Coat: 10macc
Choral Jst +1: (on wind) at worst 5macc, at best 10macc; (on string) at worst 11macc, at best 16macc
Nereid Ring: 3macc

To make matters worse, Macc scales differently with different levels of Magic Evasion.

If you want to know what's really going on with the models, at least in a conceptual sense, read some of my blog posts. URL is in my AH character comment.

tl;dr -- Go with the Nereid Rings. They'll be with you well into 75.

I should probably mention that at 75 my everyday debuffing build uses 89 CHR total, five of that from merits. Yeah, you should be fine stacking skill gear.