Forum » FFXI » General » Guard Cap Increase
Guard Cap Increase
 Pandemonium.Treppe
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2010-03-12 07:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Darn it. It was heard enough capping gurd the first time now we got to cap it again when lvl is 99. at least i hear the lvl increase may be in increments of 5 lvls, /sigh capping Guard is a loneliest road.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-12 08:20:00
Link | Citer | R

I, for one, an not interested in recapping guard, and neither should you be. The only reason I capped it in the first place is because I was out of things to do. Now that I do have things to do, the time is better spent there.

Having capped guard doesn't help in the slightest, so there's no need to worry about loss in performance. Unless I spam guard gear in every slot (which is counter productive to w/e else you're doing) you won't notice an increased guard rate on anything w/ difficulty. As for mid and lower level mobs, your eva is high enough to barely get hit in the first place and they hit for so little damage that the guard won't make a difference in anything.

It's not like shield block or parry, where it lets you complete casting (utsu in our case) when it procs, it has no utility.

Capped guard is just a blue number, one of which I'm not interested in recapping.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2010-03-12 09:49:54
Link | Citer | R

yeah its last on list ofthings o do why it took me years to even try had better things to do with time, ijust know id do it eventually, be nice if they added some mnk job ability to make it activate more like counterstance or what ever that magic ability is for pld to increase shield block. iknow mnk solo better with counterstance depending on mob but i hate counterstance