Forum » FFXI » General » en-spells
en-spells
 Fairy.Usua
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-11 00:30:52
Link | Citer | R

I have a question regarding these spells. When i sub rdm to my drk I can normally hit in the mid 200s but it seems that when I us a spell like enblizzard my base dmg drops to the mid 100s. Do en spells gimp base dmg?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-11 00:37:41
Link | Citer | R

No, but if your other subs give you something like attack bonus, berserk, etc., that will have an effect.^^
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-11 00:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:
No, but if your other subs give you something like attack bonus, berserk, etc., that will have an effect.^^
I'm aware of that but for soloing purposes I can't always rely on /war. Maybe if I had mad haste gear. (which I don't)
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-11 00:47:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm just trying to think of differences between the two subs that might produce the effect you've noticed. ^^;;
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-11 00:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:
I'm just trying to think of differences between the two subs that might produce the effect you've noticed. ^^;;
Generally as drk/rdm I can hit a crawler hunter for 230-260 as soo as I pop en-blizzard it drops to 150-190 and occasionally breaks 200. was just wondering if it modified my dmg output in a way I was unaware of.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-03-11 00:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, that's really odd. :o
It's possible they lower damage. XD As RDM I never melee without enspells up, so I guess I wouldn't notice lol
 Carbuncle.Heithem
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-03-11 01:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Drk and War attack bonus don't stack so more then likely your taking a big hit to your base Str as /rdm

why solo with /rdm. you going for the Int boost for better drains? En-Spells are kinda crap for adding dmg unless your using fast weapons like daggers and you got the Enhancing skill to make them worth while.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-11 01:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said:
Hmm, that's really odd. :o
It's possible they lower damage. XD As RDM I never melee without enspells up, so I guess I wouldn't notice lol
I've noticed this a long time ago and it has always seemed like the case for me, so I never use the spells on NMs and such for fear of not deal dmg fast enough. Demonic Tiphia is enough of a pain solo as drk with out having my dmg output gimped.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-11 01:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Heithem said:
Drk and War attack bonus don't stack so more then likely your taking a big hit to your base Str as /rdm

why solo with /rdm. you going for the Int boost for better drains? En-Spells are kinda crap for adding dmg unless your using fast weapons like daggers and you got the Enhancing skill to make them worth while.
I only lose 3 base str /rdm, honestly I get better /blu but I have a few more lvls before blu isn't gimp. rdm helps all my spells really and I get heals and shields and such.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-11 02:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Eyeballing.

Unless you have a parse with 500+ hits with and without enspells I am going to say it was simple eyeballing and luck (bad luck) with the pdif random number generator.