Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-18 05:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure no fight should take more than 10mins in this game ><
By Antonaki 2010-03-18 06:43:44
Link | Citer | R

well finally finished the main story.. now for the rest of the hunts.. and the gears >.>
 Seraph.Antonious
Serveur: Seraph
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-03-18 07:37:21
Link | Citer | R

So I was fighting Vanille's Eidiloin last night and he beat the living piss out of me 20 times straight. Anybody have and special tips?

I was using (in Vanille/Fang order) Sab/Sent, Rav/Com, and Med/Sent as my main three. I got outrageously close 1 time to the point i almost threw my controller through the wall but most times I was getting handled pretty good. Also, my HP just broke the 2k mark for Fang and even on Sentinel, if she isn't max hp, she gets one shotted with that barrage of attacks.

I'm going to grind a bit more when I get home from work today, but I like to make the game as challenging as I can. That said, am I missing something on the fight, or do you think I'm just not strong enough?
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-18 07:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Start with Fang as commando and when she steps forward to attack change her to sentinel so her and vinalle are staggers to that only fang with be hit in with dude assault.
recomended Paradigms:
Lifeguard
Slash and Burn
Arcane Defense
Stumbling Block
 Seraph.Antonious
user: Antonious
By Seraph.Antonious 2010-03-18 07:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I'll give that a try. I was getting bunched together a bit cause Fang would attack, then run back and when he started charging I would switch up to Sentinel, leaving both members together.

It's funny how smart that sounds...At 3:30am last night (or this morning), I couldnt figure anything out and it was getting worse the more I tried and got mad.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-18 08:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Fang will end up getting knocked back at some point but it will help for the most part. GL
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-20 16:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Hurray, just finished today. Absolutely amazing game; I don't see why it gets such bad reviews... as an experience it was utterly mindblowing. Haven't enjoyed an FF so much since 10... compelling storyline, great characters and amazing battles/music. Probably my favourite battle system in the series once it becomes properly fleshed out.

Difficulty spikes considerably in the last few chapters but not in an unbalanced way - the kind of way which is "adapt or die" in terms of your strategy, and this is very respectable and fun.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-20 16:19:07
Link | Citer | R

The marks get even worse after the game, lol.
I just had to spam Death for 16min to kill one since I would keep getting owned every other way.

And I figured out how to get the Random Stagger thing (Instant Chain). Didn't know I had to combine two accessories.
 Leviathan.Stunx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-20 16:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Hurray, just finished today. Absolutely amazing game; I don't see why it gets such bad reviews... as an experience it was utterly mindblowing. Haven't enjoyed an FF so much since 10... compelling storyline, great characters and amazing battles/music. Probably my favourite battle system in the series once it becomes properly fleshed out. Difficulty spikes considerably in the last few chapters but not in an unbalanced way - the kind of way which is "adapt or die" in terms of your strategy, and this is very respectable and fun.

this post is very motivating to me, im in chap11 and got nothing bad to say at all thus far
 Leviathan.Stunx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-20 16:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Antonious said:
So I was fighting Vanille's Eidiloin last night and he beat the living piss out of me 20 times straight. Anybody have and special tips? I was using (in Vanille/Fang order) Sab/Sent, Rav/Com, and Med/Sent as my main three. I got outrageously close 1 time to the point i almost threw my controller through the wall but most times I was getting handled pretty good. Also, my HP just broke the 2k mark for Fang and even on Sentinel, if she isn't max hp, she gets one shotted with that barrage of attacks. I'm going to grind a bit more when I get home from work today, but I like to make the game as challenging as I can. That said, am I missing something on the fight, or do you think I'm just not strong enough?

was having same prob, i went back and did like 10 missions and CP farmed til i had like lv4 on 3 main crytal thingys as well as 4.5k ish HP. spammed sab ***, healed when needed, and did a lil rav. finished when counter was down to like 400, was overkill.
 Seraph.Zoey
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-03-20 16:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Try timing how long it gaurds itself. Those Eidolons all have a pattern for attack and defense that you can plan with. For instance attack with magic as much as you can while they are gaurding, then start gaurding before it starts attacking, which takes a little timing. The idea is to be attacking with magic and anything while its gaurding, and gaurd while its attacking. If you dont put Fang into sentinel BEFORE it starts attacking that she wont get provoke onto it and Vanille can be one shotted.

Seraph.Zoey
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2010-03-20 16:57:28
Link | Citer | R

I agree

FF13 is wonderful, Im near the end than I'll go game+ and earn the golds and platinum trophy after.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-20 17:00:21
Link | Citer | R

You have just over the time required for two attack rounds when he is using Looming Wrath (I think it was called? It's something).

I found that an incredibly difficult Eidolon and won on like the seventh try with <30 on my Doom timer.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-20 17:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I got really low on the timer and just started auto-attacking and mashing X and magically got it, lol.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-20 18:06:58
Link | Citer | R

God i'm taking my sweet *** time with this game it seems lol, I'm only on chapter 7 >.>

Such a good storyline in my opinion.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-20 18:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Chapter 7 is incredibly epic toward the end.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-20 18:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Chapter 7 is incredibly epic toward the end.

Yeah my friend was telling me about it lol, he said it was *** awesome.

Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-20 19:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Just bought the game today, we're about 9 hours in so Im not reading the whole thread but...brb

taking over SE headquarters so I can rename the game "Sarah" The number of times it has been said is higher than Jack Bauers body count on 24
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-20 19:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Daus said:
Just bought the game today, we're about 9 hours in so Im not reading the whole thread but...brb

taking over SE headquarters so I can rename the game "Sarah" The number of times it has been said is higher than Jack Bauers body count on 24

Her name is Serah.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-20 19:58:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Kujata.Daus said:

Her name is Serah.

pssht, in the hundreds of times they said it they never spelt it 8(
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-20 19:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Daus said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Kujata.Daus said:

Her name is Serah.

They're called captions... and her name is also spelled out in the instruction booklet.
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-20 20:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Daus said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Kujata.Daus said:

Her name is Serah.

Amen lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-20 20:02:05
Link | Citer | R

With that logic, just rename VII Sephiroth, X Sin, etc...
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-20 20:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Kujata.Daus said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Kujata.Daus said:

Her name is Serah.

They're called captions... and her name is also spelled out in the instruction booklet.

dont have captions on and havent touched the booklet. In any case it isnt exactly that big a deal :P same pronunciation.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-20 20:06:38
Link | Citer | R

I have to have captions. I'm usually listening to music while playing so I won't catch it all.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-20 20:09:50
Link | Citer | R

We get distracted by the captions, end up reading instead of watching the cutscenes.

My sister has stopped and turned and asked me "wait..is this a fancy movie or a normal one" several times.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-20 20:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what a 'fancy' movie is but okays.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-20 20:30:01
Link | Citer | R

FMVs vs the normal ingame CSs :P
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-21 00:18:52
Link | Citer | R

There were times I caught myself wondering the same thing. I have to have captions though because sometimes the voices just aren't clear enough.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-03-21 01:21:48
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11