Final Fantasy 13
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2010-03-10 02:54:22
Link | Citer | R

I've played a few hours into XIII and like it well enough for what it is. I think the FF titles we grew to love changed for better or worse when Squaresoft became Square-Enix. Just sayin'.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Serveur: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-03-10 03:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Akiba said:
Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch said:
whats the "special item" you get for registering the game?

It's LAME. You can get one of the Cocoon Armies armor for your avatar on 360... I would guess it was something just as lame on PS3.

PS3 got an exclusive item in FFXIV that will be revealed later, and a promotional code to beta test FFXIV on PS3.

So yeah, we kinda won that one.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-10 07:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Shiva.Moogleking said:
just played ff13 for 2 hours. i like the story, combat and graphics and i dont mind the fact that there are no towns to visit. i have played every ff and i always dreaded getting to a town and spending hours running down npcs to further the story. i always wanted to get back to the action. anyway i read that after 30 hours the world opens up. people are saying it doesnt feel like a ff game but in my opinion if it has the music, chocobos and a guy named cid then its a ff game <.<
you sir, are a retard.

Pretty sure it was a joke since just about every Final Fantasy has music, chocobos, and a guy name Cid.
[+]
 Hades.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Hades
By Hades.Darkanaseur 2010-03-10 07:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Cid's a badass this time around.
By Sierran 2010-03-10 08:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Its wierd how they give you a star rating after eachfight. I just finished the first real boss fight where i was forced to change job roles to get a win. Only got 3/5 start so want to repeat it just to see if i can get 5 ;p
 Phoenix.Greiver
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Greiver
By Phoenix.Greiver 2010-03-10 09:13:32
Link | Citer | R

still cant enter in SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS O_o
dint pass me all day XD
 Lakshmi.Holman
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-10 09:17:39
Link | Citer | R

This kids a chump I want to slap him.
 Remora.Starsha
Serveur: Remora
user: Starsha
By Remora.Starsha 2010-03-10 12:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
I just got to chapter 3 on ff13 and im not sure if im playing a game or watching a movie, so many cs so far.

I concur. I can't play it for long amounts of time cuz I start to get bored. I'm all for cutscenes and moving the plot and all, but when I want to play a game, I want to play...not watch a movie. :\
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-10 19:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Too much: BAWWW IT'S SO DIFFERENT!

I guess people forgot that NONE OF THE SERIES ARE THE SAME!. Seriously, WTF is people bitching when this isn't anything new. Every title has been different from the previous one.

If people would stop bitching they'd realize the cut scenes are suppose to draw you into the game more. Some parts maybe a little excessive but Final Fantasy games are more about the story. It's hell of a lot better then 'Talk to NPC in Town A then mindlessly goto the end of Area/Town B to continue the story'. If it bothers you that much, take it back to the store and go back to your mindless Colibri party because nobody is forcing you to play the game.

tl;dr: Everyone should stop being butt hurt and just enjoy the game.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-10 19:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Everyone wants a remake of a previous one he/she liked.
[+]
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2010-03-10 19:16:50
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing this game for 2 days, its fun and looks like they brought back the old battle system a little bit more than 12, really enjoying this game its addicting. Got to almost the end of chapter 3 now!
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-10 19:27:05
Link | Citer | R

I havent read all the posts bu i really dont see ppl complaining, just saying what they do and dont like about it.
It's not a bad game but like most FF it takes awhile to get good. I just read u really cant start lving beyond the normal story line untill chapter 11.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-10 20:18:26
Link | Citer | R

i brought it, played it, and love the story line/graphics... i wont say i dont like it but i was very disappointed in the game play. no stores/no real exploring/its just a start at point A go to point B type of game... i mean damn even items within the world was basically hand spooned to u in a floating round orb... and this isnt just FF13 btw... more and more RPG games are losing the edge that makes it a RPG... i remember pre RPG games old resident evil/ Final fantasy/ xenosaga/ list goes on back in the day where u ACTUALLY have to look for ***... nowadays with these newer RPG games its like they are practically giving it to u no searching at all. i remember Resident Evil 2 when u was stuck on a part hours on end going back and fourth because u couldnt find a simple *** key that was blinking in the corner somewhere and u have to REALLLY look or when there was free roam mode in FF8 and u can do side quest to find the ultimate GF's or weapons in the game even had a mini card game with tournaments lol... i miss the ***like this, more and more RPG games are becoming dull its like the makers just dont give a *** anymore... and fyi graphics isnt everything i mean its beautiful to watch but i would sacrifice some graphics just so RPGs can be like how they use to be
[+]
 Seraph.Dricent
Serveur: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-10 20:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I sat down to play this game and before I knew it 9 hours went by. This game is addictive beyond anything ive ever played. Anyone who says this game is too easy and everything is just handed to you is really missing the point of this game. With this its just like your playing a movie. 4stars from me.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-10 21:09:48
Link | Citer | R

I like it, i got to disc 2 in a single night which is disappointing.

The only things i dislike:
1) No towns or world map
2) Too much swapping out peoeple

I can't put all my thought's or efforts into a single party like all the others because someone always decides to "go on ahead"

Other than that the story seems decent and the battlesystem is ok.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-10 21:20:17
Link | Citer | R

You'll be able to actually construct your party later on, Clin. Not sure how long, but I know that you can in the future.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-10 22:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You'll be able to actually construct your party later on, Clin. Not sure how long, but I know that you can in the future.

It's already disc 2 >_> i assumed since it's been happening the entire game that i can't ever focus on a single character long enough to give a damn of a thought.

Oh cool i have this character now..... imma customize this... and spend all this money on their gear....

"Lightning>> *** you guys im going on ahead"

"Lightning has left your party"

"You now get a *** kid and playgirl, have fun"

/angry.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-03-10 23:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Just got the game today. I was very hesitant on getting it. So far the graphics, of course are hot.
Characters are cool, glad SE brought some ethnicity to the game, stereotyped too, lol. (black guy gotta have guns yo).
The battle seems very plain, auto attack does alot of work. It's very fast pasted too. I'm not too far in but I really hope it shapes up. XII was bad, lets hope SE redeemed themselves.

Also I'm really sad that the game got totally ripped letting Microsoft get 360 on it. Blueray(ps3) woulda had a few more hours of gameplay they already planned out. t('.'t)
 Pandemonium.Areis
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-03-11 16:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Well I just hit disc 3, not a grand achievement by far but hey I'm happy.

I should get it off my chest that I think XII was my favorite game of the series. A leveling system that allowed you to take any character wherever you'd like them to go, along with free roam battles and large explorable areas.

That said. I'm loving XIII.

I was disappointed by the lack of towns, but it's not something that I thought was integral to a FF game.

I'm still slightly unhappy with how linear the game has been up to this point, but from what I've heard it finally opens up to a bit of exploring soon and I'll take another judge of the "lack of a world map" and "A to B" dungeons after that.

I'm loving the music (except the damned alarm sounds on the airship! that drove me NUTS).

I'm on the fence about the item upgrades. It does provide for a way to play the game that doesn't require getting 3200949409193gil from 1 fight... but I feel limited in only having 6? weapons to chose from, and somewhat cornered when I'm maybe halfway through and need to be making my decision about what characters / weapons & items to invest my time in upgrading.

Anywho loving the game and was somewhat bullied into giving up the TV for a while guess it's time to get back on XI!
 Fenrir.Shambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-11 16:05:50
Link | Citer | R

You guys are programed to like this game.
 Alexander.Garlend
Serveur: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-03-11 16:34:15
Link | Citer | R

I just noticed that the Eidolons in FFXIII are *** Transformers :D
[+]
 Alexander.Beouvle
user: Beouvle
By Alexander.Beouvle 2010-03-11 17:51:36
Link | Citer | R

My thoughts on FFXIII so far:

Well, I played pretty much all day yesterday, and overall I'd say I'm fairly dissapointed so far.

I, for one, enjoyed exploring, which is now absent with the "travel from point A to point B" approach they've taken so far.

I also enjoy *gasp!* grinding. I like to get obscenely strong compared to the enemies I'm supposed to be fighting, as a result of a mixture of grinding/leveling and obtaining the best equipment and weapons I can. FFXIII limits how powerful you can become IN RELATION TO what part of the story you're at, and as you know throws armor out the window and severely limits the amount of weapons you obtain.

I also think that the whole "party leader dies/game over" idea is weak.

Another thing that seems a little cheap is how easy the battles become once you switch between paradigms. For example, I can use all my ATB as the leader, switch to another paradigm setup, and all of a sudden my ATB is full?? Does that sound right to you? It doesn't seem to work reliablly everytime, but it still makes the battles easy.

The story started out fairly slow and weak, but at the point i'm at now it's picked up considerably and is definitely engaging.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts, and should be taken as such. My favorites in the FF series were VI and XII (of the numbered series) and Tactics is my favorite of all time (where my username comes from). I didn't expect FFXIII to be the same as previous entries obviously, but I did expect it to engage me more mentally than it has. I also miss my exploring, armor, and growing extremely powerful :( .

Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-11 19:53:40
Link | Citer | R

anyone finish yet?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-11 20:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I stopped playing FF12 around the part where I realized:

So this desert orphan kid met this dashing space pirate and his anthropomorphic sidekick in a seedy cantina to use his super fast smuggling craft, but get caught by the Evil Empire's giant capital ship where I have to escape down hexagonal corridors from guys in white armor who are poor shots with a blaster, to rescue the Princess who just happens to be a member of the Resistance from a telekinetic guy in a big black helmet who sounds like James Earl Jones.

Funny. I feel like I've seen this plot somewhere before...

L O *** L!
By Antonaki 2010-03-11 20:34:15
Link | Citer | R

I miss the freedom from old, use to love wandering the world map with no real clue as of where to go next but getting fights and exp while you were at it... needs more 7 - 8 ish this new stuff is meh.. will finish none the less >.>
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-11 20:45:37
Link | Citer | R

i'll be done in like 4hours.... kinda a short game :\
By Antonaki 2010-03-11 21:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Is it just me or are the fights kinda annoying, just fought Barthandelus every time i was about to hit a chain he reset it to 100.. took forever to kill.. or am i doing something wrong?
and everytime i get in a fight with 5 or more mobs im near raped right from the start....
 Hades.Altimaomega
Serveur: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-03-11 22:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Too much: BAWWW IT'S SO DIFFERENT!

I guess people forgot that NONE OF THE SERIES ARE THE SAME!. Seriously, WTF is people bitching when this isn't anything new. Every title has been different from the previous one.

If people would stop bitching they'd realize the cut scenes are suppose to draw you into the game more. Some parts maybe a little excessive but Final Fantasy games are more about the story. It's hell of a lot better then 'Talk to NPC in Town A then mindlessly goto the end of Area/Town B to continue the story'. If it bothers you that much, take it back to the store and go back to your mindless Colibri party because nobody is forcing you to play the game.

tl;dr: Everyone should stop being butt hurt and just enjoy the game.

so being mindlessly taken from place to place with no choice at all is more fun huh? i would think that giving ppl the freedom to move around and do what they want, gathering item's/equip, searching for those hard to find place's and actually Playing more than 1 damn character is more what FF used to be about.

i mean come on i hit the A button and mobs die.. i have 1 weapon slot and 1 slot for other crap.. the lvl'ing system is so >< i dont even have a word for it, its so bad.

This is suppose to be FINAL FANTASY 13!!! where is the awesome rpg that i have been waiting for?
it makes me sad to see that ppl accept this and are happy about it.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-11 22:06:58
Link | Citer | R

magic damage - boosts chain high but decays fast
melee damage - boosts chain slow but decays slowest

Something like Slash&Burn works well to build a chain with 2 people. Relentless Assualt a good one when you are back with 3 people etc.

With more than like 2 enemeys have Fang or Snow so into Sentinel mode. Have Hope or Vinalle on medic and your other either on Commando or Ravanger for damage
 Alexander.Beouvle
user: Beouvle
By Alexander.Beouvle 2010-03-11 22:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Or go between relentless assault / varied / and something with sentinel/medic over and over for the apparent "fill your ATB to max" thing....
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11