Campaign WSes

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign WSes
Campaign WSes
By Heavyblade504 2010-03-02 08:20:44
Link | Citer | R

I read in the update that SE plans to let players use npc specific WSes from campaign. I'm wondering on how will players learn the skill and if it is forever or limited to only campaign.

Will there be more people breaking latents? My theory is that maybe with the new decoration perhaps there will be purchasable weapons that allow specific wses.

Thoughts?
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-02 08:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Assuming it's going to be highest rank, bought by AN, and it's a latent break.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 08:33:11
Link | Citer | R

The new WSs look sexy. Except for the first one they showed. Can't remember what it was called.

Edit: I've never tried it, but you can't break latents in Campaign? Never heard that before.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-03-02 09:07:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm more interested in how good the WSs will be. Soulfetter Arrow would allow RNGs to make Darkness without needing a relic WS, and Bloody Quarrel would probably be useful for them in Campaign (though I can't see them using it much outside Campaign unless it's damn strong or something). None of the other WSs really catch my eye much, since I doubt they'd give us Death Knell unless it was gimped to hell, lol.

Though Iainuki would be damn awesome if they made it Fragmentation. >.>
 Remora.Mataniah
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2010-03-02 09:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, why do we even need more WS's? WSNM, Mystic WS, Relic WS for some, now WoTG WS? O.o
 Phoenix.Brexx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2010-03-02 10:24:54
Link | Citer | R

I think we may need more ws when we have the 99 cap in place. I was thinking that maybe the weapons drop in union pools from NMs or something like Nyzul Isle... then you gotta break the LE possibly in campaign. Id love to get Leonoynes WS Spine Chiller...Ice based GS ws causing conal terror.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-03-02 17:18:52
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling they're going to be specific weapons purchased with AN with the weapon skills being only available during a Campaign battle, not unlike the tier-4 relic weapons being able to use their weapon skills solely in Dynamis.
By Ghostofonyx 2010-03-02 17:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, all the weapon skills that they are allowing players too use are already used by NPC generals. So maybe players may only be able to use the WS if that specific campaign general is present?
By Heavyblade504 2010-03-02 18:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Knowing SE there is a good chance they'll be heavily gimped... or people will just kill themselves. However the means to acquire the skill maybe a quest from the npc general perhaps. It'd certainly put more use in them then just being eye candy.
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-02 18:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Ninian said:

I hope it will be this easy, I'm only 2 ranks away and I have lots of AN just sitting around.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-03-02 18:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Weasel watched the show last night on youtube to translate a little and said they were thinking about making it usable everywhere but stronger in campaign battle
By Heavyblade504 2010-03-06 14:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Probably mess with the stat mods if that is the case.
If they are anything like the general's version we can expect pld/dncs to be tanking whole squads...
 Remora.Simplydark
By Remora.Simplydark 2010-03-06 14:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Ninian said:

Hopefully it's like this, Highest rank with 200K Allied Notes. I ran out of uses for my allied notes. Full Iron Ram gear, and 2/5 on the Forth Division gear just for the heck of it, not planning on getting the rest.

But Ninian's idea seems highly accurate so I'm going to agree with that.
 Asura.Chefm
Serveur: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-03-06 14:46:23
Link | Citer | R

The Ws's are at 2:30

Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-06 14:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Dawnlight Medal rank or some ***.

In addition to unknown Primary attributes.

In Campaign: "Uriel Blade" <ect>

Yah, was confirmed so-ish that these ws's, while "Incredibly powerful" will only be available in campaign.

Personally, I would have gone along the lines of "Latent Effect" <Campaign WS> and have the latent be cracked by having (And maintaining) the Highest medal rank, making people actually want to stay on top of that, but that's just me I suppose.
 Midgardsormr.Brayen
Serveur: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Brayen 2010-03-06 15:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Heavyblade504 said:
Probably mess with the stat mods if that is the case.
If they are anything like the general's version we can expect pld/dncs to be tanking whole squads...

that is nothing new. It is not too hard to turtle up 10 camp mobs.

I am with it being a AN reward since they did mention on their plans to have new AN rewards in the upcoming 2? or so updates which would fall right along the end of WoTG and nation quest missions.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-06 15:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Mataniah said:
Seriously, why do we even need more WS's? WSNM, Mystic WS, Relic WS for some, now WoTG WS? O.o

because your going from lvl 75 to 99

duh you need more ws foo
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-03-06 16:48:45
Link | Citer | R

i am only interested on Uriel Blade.....it will remind me of Star Ocean 3 "Ethereal Blast" ^^ but less see how many new WS they will really put in ;3
 Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Lawson
By Caitsith.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-03-07 00:00:49
Link | Citer | R

aren't most of the weapon skills used by the campaign npcs aoe?
 Siren.Talonn
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-07 00:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Yah, was confirmed so-ish that these ws's, while "Incredibly powerful" will only be available in campaign.

Personally, I would have gone along the lines of "Latent Effect" <Campaign WS> and have the latent be cracked by having (And maintaining) the Highest medal rank, making people actually want to stay on top of that, but that's just me I suppose.
thank you for putting this in here.
They will infact be CAMPAIGN ONLY WS. so, too bad for all you non-campaigners ^^
EDIT:
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

Other additions to Campaign will include higher ranking medals that unlock new rewards. Among these, will be weapons that grant the ability to use Campaign-exclusive Weaponskills. The ones shown at the event were Glory Blade, Tartarus Torpor and Uriel Blade. However, the power of these attacks are so great, that the developers unfortunately will limit their use to Campaign only. The audience did not seem to mind though, as seeing Uriel Blade up on the big screen stirred up a round of great applause.
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-07 00:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Talonn said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

thank you for putting this in here.
They will infact be CAMPAIGN ONLY WS. so, too bad for all you non-campaigners ^^

*** hell. That's the last thing I need, another weapon to add to my already filling inventory.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-07 00:16:17
Link | Citer | R

That's another good point. Alot of us have multiple 75s and lots of ra/ex gear we've accumalated for them making us have little invent space. Now with 24 more lvls of gear... they better like double the size of everything
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2010-03-07 00:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
That's another good point. Alot of us have multiple 75s and lots of ra/ex gear we've accumalated for them making us have little invent space. Now with 24 more lvls of gear... they better like double the size of everything

Mog Satchel #2 go!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-03-07 00:46:25
Link | Citer | R

After they gimped campaign frequency and fortifications I don't see many people campaigning anymore. I used to enjoy campaign a lot but now when it takes 20 mins for a damn campaign to start after the message saying the mobs are advancing it's just not fun anymore.