Forum » FFXI » General » Server Merges
Server Merges
 Seraph.Aurik
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Silex99
By Seraph.Aurik 2010-03-02 09:06:50
Link | Citer | R

I think everyone is also unaware that everything in your inbox well be deleted and no restorations will be possible. I keep millions of gil in my inbox to avoid the Jeuno sales tax. I would hate to wake up and find all of that gone.
 Fairy.Tibz
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tibz
By Fairy.Tibz 2010-03-02 09:24:10
Link | Citer | R

OMG I'm gonna have to make adjustments to my Swiss mule bank. =O *scrambles*
By Cloudydemise 2010-03-02 09:25:10
Link | Citer | R

welcome to leviathan all you remora folks.
 Sylph.Sindri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 10:02:12
Link | Citer | R

I totally bitched at some fairy for saying he's gonna own our dynamis times, someone came to his defense so yay for 2 more people on the long list of those that hate me!
By Senara 2010-03-02 10:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Scoot on over Laksmi, Garuda's coming in hehe. Hope to make some new friends and enjoy the game with everyone!
 Sylph.Sindri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-02 10:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Senara said:
Scoot on over Laksmi, Garuda's coming in hehe. Hope to make some new friends and enjoy the game with everyone!

I wish I had said this :( Well for those fairy-ites that don't hate me I can't apologize enough ^^ Looking forward to Co-3x!sting <.< no rlly, I am
By Senara 2010-03-02 10:14:01
Link | Citer | R

err *Lakshmi
my bad =)
 Ramuh.Svedin
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Svedin
By Ramuh.Svedin 2010-03-02 10:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Svedin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Remora.Ryujia said:
I believe
Leviathan.Flashbangx said:
Remora.Ninian said:
QQ I want my name.
I'm so making a mule named Ninian... Welcome to Leviathan :)
I believe her name was already taken. :/
Yep.
It's not taken on Ramuh... yet. >.>
come tooo ramuh ninian :D

Yeah! I have no idea who you are and even I agree!
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-02 10:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Svedin said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Svedin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Remora.Ryujia said:
I believe
Leviathan.Flashbangx said:
Remora.Ninian said:
QQ I want my name.
I'm so making a mule named Ninian... Welcome to Leviathan :)
I believe her name was already taken. :/
Yep.
It's not taken on Ramuh... yet. >.>
come tooo ramuh ninian :D

Yeah! I have no idea who you are and even I agree!

XD~
 Remora.Starsha
user: Starsha
By Remora.Starsha 2010-03-02 10:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Aurik said:
I keep millions of gil in my inbox to avoid the Jeuno sales tax.

How does keeping gil in your DB avoid tax? Is there some secret I don't know about?
 Seraph.Aurik
user: Silex99
By Seraph.Aurik 2010-03-02 10:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Starsha said:
Seraph.Aurik said:

How does keeping gil in your DB avoid tax? Is there some secret I don't know about?

If you have more than 1 million gil on your person, the Jeuno AH charges a much higher listing cost than if you have less than 1 million. S-e wants to "eat the rich"
 Remora.Starsha
By Remora.Starsha 2010-03-02 11:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Aurik said:
Remora.Starsha said:
Seraph.Aurik said:

If you have more than 1 million gil on your person, the Jeuno AH charges a much higher listing cost than if you have less than 1 million. S-e wants to "eat the rich"

I think someone is misinformed...tax is a percentage of the selling cost, not how much gil you have. From wiki:

Jeuno / Nashmau / Tavnazia Auction Houses
Single item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +50 gil.
Stacked item fee = 0.5% of the seller's asking price +200 gil.

Al Zahbi Auction House
Single item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +100 gil.
Stacked item fee = 0.5% of the seller's asking price +400 gil.

Aht Urhgan Whitegate Auction House
Single item fee = 2% of the seller's asking price +100 gil.
Stacked item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +400 gil.

Other Auction Houses
Single item fee = 1% of the seller's asking price +1 gil.
Stacked item fee = 0.5% of the seller's asking price +4 gil.
 Fairy.Elspiffo
Serveur: Fairy
user: ElSpiffo
By Fairy.Elspiffo 2010-03-02 11:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Ouch, this sucks. The LS I'm in has been around since 2004. Now we're going to have to start over again? You'd think that SE would have figured out a way not to screw with linkshells.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-02 11:34:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Oldive said:
I just want Odin to open up. It's been long enough.

They won't. Its already been considered.....

*facepalm* hence why they closed it. Already has enough Pop on it. From some ppl already there, they don't want to leave.

Nuff said.
 Siren.Delirium
Serveur: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-02 11:41:58
Link | Citer | R

This is what i'm wondering about...

Top linkshells like Excellence on Hades for example are gonna merge into Cerberus. Cerberus has its own "top" linkshell. Obviously with this new influx of established players are we going to see so called "top" linkshells faulter?

edit: As a player from Siren, i feel that you guys are getting shafted on either side of the merger.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-02 11:44:36
Link | Citer | R

I think that will be all adjusted, its par for the course.

That like , "will my stuff sell on Ah?"

If you know it will, its quite the possibility it might happen.

Understand that I said " Might".....
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-02 11:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Delirium said:
This is what i'm wondering about...

Top linkshells like Excellence on Hades for example are gonna merge into Cerberus. Cerberus has its own "top" linkshell. Obviously with this new influx of established players are we going to see so called "top" linkshells faulter?

Well Hades will also have to worry about name changes and getting all their LS members back, unless every single one of them is registered to a forum and check it regularly they'll end up losing a decent amount of people just due to name changes and the LS breaking. Prolly just better to rebuild meaning the Top LS on Cerb will prolly be top until Hades ls's are back in action.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-02 11:49:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Oldive said:
I just want Odin to open up. It's been long enough.

NOOOoOOOoooo! I like a server where everyone knows everyone and we don't have any rmt /tells or whatever the guys on the other servers are always upset over with rmt's. Also, no douchebag hoppers. Regular server hoppers are ok, but how often does someone screw up their reputation on one server, so they hop to another server and change their name? Odin doesn't have a problem with those nutcases coming in. /sob QQ
By Silex99 2010-03-02 12:10:33
Link | Citer | R

It's possible that this tax flaw no longer occurs but this was confirmed by many of my linkshell members in years past. You go to the AH with more than 1 mil and the listing price was higher. I have not checked this since they lowered the cost of Limbus and Dynamis so it may very well have been changed. I will have to check this again.
 Remora.Starsha
By Remora.Starsha 2010-03-02 14:22:36
Link | Citer | R

I just want to be sure of something so I don't screw myself over with the upcoming merge. If I want to reserve my name on the server I'm merging with, I create a mule there...then after the merge happens, I delete that char before logging in with my main and my name will be available?
 Remora.Zil
user: xZilx
By Remora.Zil 2010-03-02 16:18:38
Link | Citer | R

I wondered that, too, Starsha...

I did free up a content ID to go check on some names, and when I saw that my original name was available and this one wasn't--"Zil" has always been short for "Zildjian" which is what I used to go by on Socom II before trying FFXI (hurray for the PS2 HDD! It got me hooked on FFXI and I only bought it to be able to play extra Socom II maps! XD)--SO, guess what I did?

That's right, I figured the name was worth $25 to me so I already transferred. I wouldn't be happy with any other name. =S
 Seraph.Dricent
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-03 02:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Look out Bismarck! Seraph is on the way and we gonna take over and own all you fools.
By volkom 2010-03-03 10:43:17
Link | Citer | R

maybe SE will address the issue of dynamis/einherjar waits. maybe a whole new temporary zone will be created so there can be multiple groups running dynamis at the same time. and how knows! maybe hnm's will have a faster respawn rate. maybe see it like twice a day O.O?!
 Hades.Dizzmal
Serveur: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-03 10:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Siren.Delirium said:
This is what i'm wondering about... Top linkshells like Excellence on Hades for example are gonna merge into Cerberus. Cerberus has its own "top" linkshell. Obviously with this new influx of established players are we going to see so called "top" linkshells faulter?
Well Hades will also have to worry about name changes and getting all their LS members back, unless every single one of them is registered to a forum and check it regularly they'll end up losing a decent amount of people just due to name changes and the LS breaking. Prolly just better to rebuild meaning the Top LS on Cerb will prolly be top until Hades ls's are back in action.

I would think that all "Top" Linkshells have a forum of some sort to keep up with points lists and stuff like that.

The merger wont affect Exellence as far as day to day running unless a lot of them call it quits.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-03 11:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure
Hades.Dizzmal said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Siren.Delirium said:
This is what i'm wondering about... Top linkshells like Excellence on Hades for example are gonna merge into Cerberus. Cerberus has its own "top" linkshell. Obviously with this new influx of established players are we going to see so called "top" linkshells faulter?

I would think that all "Top" Linkshells have a forum of some sort to keep up with points lists and stuff like that.

The merger wont affect Exellence as far as day to day running unless a lot of them call it quits.

Pretty sure linkshells like Excellence would be working to solve that problem before it happens, anyways.
 Siren.Shihan
Serveur: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2010-03-04 01:13:36
Link | Citer | R

So I was just wondering... with all the mergers goin on... will another Server finally come close to Catching up to Siren in regards to beseiged? I mean thats the main reason that there is no merger here... oh and we rule! So yeah just somethin to think about... Beseiged.....
 Remora.Ayrtonia
user: Ayrtonia
By Remora.Ayrtonia 2010-03-11 09:16:23
Link | Citer | R

O.O Where is Remora?